[Drama 2016] Signal 시그널

larus

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Love this drama so much, only 2 more episodes to go! I know that time travel dramas usually have weird endings so I am prepared to keep an open mind of whatever ending they have in store. Somehow I feel that they will kill off Park HY so I am prepared for this scenario too.

For all those who love this but have not watched Nine Times Time Travel yet, I recommend you do go watch it after this ends to ease your withdrawal symptons. Guaranteed you will love it! TVN makes the best time travel dramas, in my opinion.

Nine-_Nine_Times_Time_Travel-p1.jpg

Aghh, where do I start okay well I'll say that I binge watching all 14 episodes and sadly have to wait for the last two
which I'm sad that it is ending already. Okay from the start I was putting the drama on "planned to watch" but since
I needed to watch some other dramas while I wait my 'watching dramas.'

From the first episode til now I'm completely satisfied with this show each episode has the suspense, mystery, betrayal,
emotional, and heroic. I was at the edge of my bed with anticipation on what's going to happen if he reverse the past and
how it will affect the future. All the episodes are like movies just one thriller to another I hope there's a happy ending for everyone
but I know you can't mess with fate. Either Sun Woo or LJH lives are being determined and I'm scared to know what's going to happen.

1 hour ago, annyeonghasibnika said:

http://m.entertain.naver.com/read?oid=109&aid=0003274872

Pd kim won seok said there is possibility that the season2 of signal could be made :)

He is considering whether to go for the s2 or not :)

I'm still wishing for Nine: Nine Times Travel S2 1st. 

With the hint of S2, looks like it'll be an open ending for SIGNAL?

@annyeonghasibnika That is awesome news! The very fact that PD Kim is considering it... makes me utterly intrigued and excited!  Does that mean everyone in the team survives after all? Or will the sequel go down the track of having the ones who survive end up going through another round of transmissions which somehow revives those who did die? Either way, please let it happen! I can't bear the thought of leaving this incredible universe yet.

6 hours ago, annyeonghasibnika said:

http://m.entertain.naver.com/read?oid=109&aid=0003274872

Pd kim won seok said there is possibility that the season2 of signal could be made :)

He is considering whether to go for the s2 or not :)

@annyeonghasibnika Thank you for bringing this good news for us here. 

We have to remember though that PD is still considering ....

But for now, it seems that my wish for s2 came true.:)

A second season with the same actors (!!!!) would be great! :w00t:

This team was daebak!!! 

I only wish, PWS survives this because he is the one who suffered the biggest tragedy.

But let's talk about PWS' murderer:

It is someone who had access to medicine in order to drug him. Moreover, if he had been forced to drink that drug, evidences of struggle would have been left. Don't you think so? So to me, it must be someone who was close to PWS...

Maybe one person drugged him (an acquaintance) and a real killer showed up and killed him while being unconscious.

@bebebisous33 PSW spoke to someone over the phone that he wanted to show the evidence (the red scarf) to him / her after several attempts to contact LJH failed.  LJH who was hospitalized  during that time.

The person PSW spoke to over the phone is definitely the same person drugging him.

And the person killing PSW is another person; very likely the same person whom murdered ACS.

Just my wild guesses.:)

2 hours ago, Jieun Lee said:

For Season 2 and many more seasons please maintain the 3 main actors...제발요!

For a s2 one of them must going back in time - LJH. 

Same or another actor for LJH, we will have to wait till then ...

In s2, will we finally have the odaeyang (1987) cold case?

Our odaeyang-fan guy will be the happiest man on earth.:)

fRVPudW.jpg

i am wondering why would viewers rooted for s2.  Is it because of :-

• good story-line and excellent directing / producing by  PD - Writer?
  • the 3 main leads?
  • the possibly of PSW becoming the main lead?
  • the cutie walkie-talkie? :crazy:

And in s2 we will see KBJ again?:crazy::sweatingbullets:

On 3/7/2016 at 9:34 PM, enigmatic_zephy said:

You mentioned about the 40 rapists..and how they should not be forgotten - the names were made public? Quite sickening.how can parents be so demented to support their sons.. whats wrong with korean society? ..appalled..

However, this points to sthg else.. you know the serial murder case has never been solved but however, the murders stopped suddenly.. this series ties that up very well.. where he isn't captured but murders stopped..

But this miryang case - perpetrators never got punishment..so if PD wants to keep the endings real since cases are real..i think this time round too.. the perpetrator would escape rt?..or still get away with light punishment

Hello @enigmatic_zephy

Of course it is demented, disgusting, etc for parents to go to such lengths to protect their rapist sons. However,  it is a fact that parents are often blinded by their affections for their children. Why? Well, not only they are biologically programed to be so, they are also socialized by the society that the roles of parents are, among others, to protect and nurture their children. In addition, the parental function of education varies between cultures. Perhaps the parents believed that somehow the rape victims were guilty of "seducing" their sons.

Why did they believe it?

I'm Asian and I can say, although I'm not Korean, that our society in general is patriarchal, i.e. we put women beneath men. This results in the "blaming the victims" tendency in how we deal with female victims of sexual abuse cases. So yes, the parents are guilty, but they aren't the only ones to blame. Other social institutions: the state, the law enforcement, schools, etc are guilty too for maintaining such biased mindset--one that leads to such appalling parenting.

@panappuru

I agree with you that Hae-sung (the gang-raped girl) was selfish for protecting herself and not helping Hae-young. But we also have to consider the possibly damning consequences of her new testimony to her family. Not every woman is Jo Kang-ja of Angry Mom, you see.

Most Asian men (and I'm an Asian woman) are raised to avoid raped women (because our society is sexist that way). Her husband would undoubtedly leave her, and he would probably gain custody for their children. The court would consider her past a blemish on her character (of course it would not state it forthright, but it would consider her unable to avoid the wrong crowd etc etc). 

She would be separated from her children (which is a mother's biggest fear).

In addition, even if the husband chose to support her decision to testify, the rapists' current political network would still destroy her family and friends. Let's face it, neither Hae-young nor Soo-hyun offer her protection. And they really couldn't. 

In a sexist society, there are so many things a woman is afraid of. How else would we explain the silence of so many political rape victims? 

1 hour ago, selenette said:

@panappuru

I agree with you that Hae-sung (the gang-raped girl) was selfish for protecting herself and not helping Hae-young. But we also have to consider the possibly damning consequences of her new testimony to her family. Not every woman is Jo Kang-ja of Angry Mom, you see.

Most Asian men (and I'm an Asian woman) are raised to avoid raped women (because our society is sexist that way). Her husband would undoubtedly leave her, and he would probably gain custody for their children. The court would consider her past a blemish on her character (of course it would not state it forthright, but it would consider her unable to avoid the wrong crowd etc etc). 

She would be separated from her children (which is a mother's biggest fear).

In addition, even if the husband chose to support her decision to testify, the rapists' current political network would still destroy her family and friends. Let's face it, neither Hae-young nor Soo-hyun offer her protection. And they really couldn't. 

In a sexist society, there are so many things a woman is afraid of. How else would we explain the silence of so many political rape victims? 

@selenette Ah yes I agree with you. I can't imagine being violated so hellishly and being blamed for it too. That scene in the house was too horrible. Ugh! >:( Based on your list of reasons, I can definitely understand her decision...

It is still appalling that she didn't waver about helping PHY after she heard SW's death (from what I recall anyways). :-| I do appreciate what the writers did here. She chose a different route compared to the blue necklace girl. I also suppose that since now she knows SW actually died a long time ago while she lived on, added onto the fact that she was told he committed suicide, she probably feels a certain kind of guilt. Her situation is definitely... :(

1 hour ago, selenette said:

Of course it is demented, disgusting, etc for parents to go to such lengths to protect their rapist sons. However,  it is a fact that parents are often blinded by their affections for their children. Why? Well, not only they are biologically programed to be so, they are also socialized by the society that the roles of parents are, among others, to protect and nurture their children. In addition, the parental function of education varies between cultures. Perhaps the parents believed that somehow the rape victims were guilty of "seducing" their sons.

I have to disagree with the biologically programmed part. Parents don't sweep their children's wrong-doing under the rug for the sake of the children, but for the sake of their own pride, to protect their standing in society, and also because they are  too morally lazy to do the hard work of readjusting their children.

A truly loving parent disciplines their children, and if the wrong-doing is severe, so is the discipline. A good parent wants to raise healthy, well-functioning children who will be assets to society/family/tribe.

44 minutes ago, Ginaaaa said:

I have to disagree with the biologically programmed part. Parents don't sweep their children's wrong-doing under the rug for the sake of the children, but for the sake of their own pride, to protect their standing in society, and also because they are  too morally lazy to do the hard work of readjusting their children.

A truly loving parent disciplines their children, and if the wrong-doing is severe, so is the discipline. A good parent wants to raise healthy, well-functioning children who will be assets to society/family/tribe.

Hello @Ginaaaa

Thanks for responding (and let's hope that Hae-young is spared by the writer this week!)

I believe your argument resonates with my sociological rather than biological reasoning of my arguments. If parents are not programmed biologically to nurture, no animals will protect their young. However, we can see so many examples of fierce and protective animal parents. Whether they do it for the sake of pride is still unknown, except by biologists.

Pride and societal standing are not the biological aspects I referred to in my post. 

Sociologically speaking, there are different types of parenting. One where the parents discipline their children coercively, others where they stand between discipline and leniency, still others where the parents are very lenient. I can't be sure with neither the real Miryang case  nor the Injoo case, but perhaps the parents belong to the third category. 

Combined with the patriarchal roots of Asian cultures, where men are seen as more important than women, and social stratification (you put it brilliantly: the parents were rich so they wanted the kids and themselves stayed rich!), there was no hope for justice for both Hye-sung and Sun-woo in the original timeline. 

Archived