[Drama 2015] The Village: Achiara's Secret 마을- 아치아라의 비밀

larus

Guest anitgone

Maybe he'll surprise us all and be really good (nothing against him, just not familiar with his work, doesn't help that he's "an idol")...but really bummed out that KJW is out. Was looking forward to him and Moonie back together on screen. Unfortunately the powers that be have decided...hoping this will be a good drama...

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Maybe kjw dropped because of the role had revise and now he have to act as a lover with an older woman. I thought the 2nd male lead will have interest wif mgy too but not even expected he will have a love line with older woman instead. Now im just worried we will lose some of viewers because of kjw dropped since so many of them dissapointed wif this news and bout sungjae being the lead including me ( but im still on with this drama). I really want this drama to get high ratings.

I remember this post (pg. 4). Was feeling bit down..waiting for a much brilliant rookie to have drama.  I think I got my wish (even if 2nd lead only)...cos I just read DB news :)  (ot: tnx for indulging)

Peace to all ysj fans..

@nearsea Oh kay. He is the one from School 2015 right?  I've only seen the first 3 episodes..

And meanwhile.. here I am still waiting for  brilliant rookie named Ji Soo to have another drama after Angry Mom... but it's ok. He's more into indie films ( sorry for the OT)

Any other female cast for this drama? Seems it's all male casting news.

And I'm still going to watch village to see MGY and her wonderful acting :)

Umm..I won't say I'm sung jae's fan..more like it's a delight watching him on screen...I think it obviously came from school 2015..as he made such a clear cut niche out of the space he was given..he's talented I'd say..same goes for ji soo too..loved him on angry mom.

Moon Geun Young And Yook Sung Jae Casting Yields Mixed Reactions

BY Adrienne Stanley | Sep 02, 2015 03:13 PM EDT

Moon Geon Young and Yook Sungjae will star in 'The Village.'

Reports confirming the casting of Moon Geun Young and Yook Sungjae as the leading stars of "The Village," have been met with mixed reactions from domestic audiences. On September 2, Korean outlets including Sports Chosun confirmed that the BtoB member was cast as the leading man of the upcoming SBS series.

In the series, which is also known as "The Village: Achiara's Secret," Yook will portray Park Woo Jae, a policeman who is tasked with solving a murder. He appears in the series alongside seasoned actress Moon Geun Young. 

A report published by Enews provided quotes from the 20-year-old acting idol, who was initially reluctant to take on the role.

"I was cautious leading up to my decision to appear," said Yook, in his interview with Enews. "I will work hard, so that I do not compromise the reputations of Moon Geun Young sunbaenim (an honorific term of repect for seniors) and the other great actors." 

Audiences praised Yook for his role in the teen drama, "Who Are You: School 2015," but a greater significance has been placed on his ability to act opposite Moon. In addition to "Who Are You: School 2015," he previously appeared as Sooksookie in "Reply 1994" and as Kang Min Gu in the weekend drama, "Plus Nine Boys."  

Moon earned the title of Korea's little sister after emerging as a breakout star in projects like the 2000 series "Autumn in My Heart" and the film, "A Tale of Two Sisters." She will portray Soo Yoon, an educator who accepts a teaching assignment in a small village that is plagued by mysterious murders that result in burned corpses. 

The top comment on the Sports Chosun article analyzed the difference between Moon and Yook, in terms of acting experience. "The male lead is way below the female lead," said a commentator, in a post translated by the forum, Netizen Buzz

Critics of "The Village" casting noted that Kim Jae Wook and On Joo Wan were cast as supporting and second lead characters, respectively. 

Kim is known for his roles in "Coffee Prince" and "Who Are You."  Kim has an extensive acting resume which was established after his debut in the 2002 series, "Ruler of the World."

On Joo Wan will portray Seo Ki Hyeon, the director Of Haewon Steel, in the series. He previously appeared in "Punch," "The Idle Mermaid" and "The Blade and the Petal." 

The series will be directed by Lee Yong Seok (The Great Seer) and written by Do Hyun Jung (Can Love Become Money). "The Village" will premiere after the hit medical drama, "Yong Pal." 

Link: http://www.kdramastars.com/articles/95707/20150902/moon-geun-young-and-yook-sung-jae-casting-yields-mixed-reactions.htm

----------------------------------

So KJW still in this drama or not?? The leads and supporting cast in this drama is more confusing than math problems... LOL :lol:

Leading Ladies of Upcoming SBS Dramas: Moon Geun Young in The Village,

Shin Se Kyung and Jung Yumi for Six Flying Dragons

by ockoala (koalasplayground)

paise.jpg

Funnily enough, his costar in The Throne isMoon Geun Young, who will be headlining the upcoming SBS Wed-Thurs drama The Village. Looks like six-degrees of Yoo Ah In to me, LOL.

Much as I adore Yoo Ah In, I also love all the upcoming SBS leading ladies as well so let’s take a first look at them filming. Up top is the first ever look at Moon Geun Young filming The Village, and from the BTS snap it appears that she’s filming the conceptual promos for the drama. I’m loving her head-to-toe styling for the role.

to read more:

http://koalasplayground.com/2015/09/06/leading-ladies-of-upcoming-sbs-dramas-moon-geun-young-in-the-village-shin-se-kyung-and-jung-yumi-for-six-flying-dragons/#comment-400275

http://koalasplayground.com/2015/09/02/kim-jae-wook-declines-the-village-while-oh-joo-won-and-park-eun-seok-join-the-drama/

EDIT: Accoording to koala's news KJW left the drama (even his agency made a statement) but I just checked out the korean news and there's no such thing lol. I don't know where this came from. I think it's best to wait for the official news..

@bluemoonwhite,    It is true that Kim Jae-Wook is no longer in this drama. 

I have seen confirmation from his agency that he signed up as a lead for a new webdrama. Check out his Soompi thread for updates.

Hi everyone. I think the filming started today and the script reading was held on 3rd of September. I hope we get some pictures and spoilers soon hehe. Also I heard Yong Pal was extended by 4 episodes, which means The Village will start two weeks late, on Oct 28. The more time for filming the better. 

They started filming yesterday , Here schedule of MGY by Moonsclub

11987027_514361188715991_741060890996415

And Kim Jae Wook & Jang Hee Jin declined the Village, and replaced with Park Eun Seok and Jang So Yeon

Location Filming Set SBS drama Moon Geun Young "The Village Achiara's Secret' By dcbh.

12003968_1029062527129897_59956777631011

Volcano Junior High School (Jeonbuk Wanju)

11986535_1029062543796562_35646609007391

Posted By MGY IFC

veolo.jpg

SBS just released script reading pictures for upcoming Wed-Thur drama The Village, which might not have such a high ratings buffer when it premieres in October what with currently airing Yongpal‘s noticeable drop in quality and ratings. It’s been low ratings across the board with most prime time dramas these last two years so The Village shouldn’t be expecting to ride Yongpal’s unexpected success, and will hopefully pull out its own reason to watch with an excellent story and riveting acting.

Read more Koalasplayground

http://koalasplayground.com/

‘The village: Achiara’s secret’ with Moon Geun-young & Yook Sung-jae –First script reading

Posted by: Jin Kim , September 8, 2015

This post is also available in: Korean

090805-1

‘The village: Achiara’s secret’ with Moon Geun-young & Yook Sung-jae –First script reading

The script reading of a drama ‘The village: Achiara’s secret’ was revealed.

20 cast members such as Moon Geun-young, Yook Sung-jae, On Joo-wan, Jang Hee-jin, Shin Eun-kyung, Kim Yong-rim, Jung Sung-mo, Kim Min-jaem, and Jang So-yeon, director Lee Yong-suk, and writer Do Hyun-jung attended the script reading of SBS new special Wednesday-Thursday drama ‘The village: Achiara’s secret’ at SBS Tanhyeon Production Center on September 4.

Director Lee Yong-suk’s said “I will try to form a fine and firm mystery to let the viewer re-watch to find the hints they miss”. Then the reading was started. Each cast member, who came to the venue early and introduced each other, was immersed into his/her role and did realistic acting.

Moon Geun-young as Han So-yoon who finds a body in Achiara and pursue the truth, perfectly played the character.

Yook Sung-jae as Park Woo-jae who is a policeman chasing the secret of the village with her, also showed active and stable acting, so the senior actors/actresses praised him.

.Above all, the criminal’s identify heated the atmosphere of the set. No one knew who committed the crime, so all of the members listened to director Lee Young-suk very carefully. They tried to reason who the criminal is during the break time.

A SBS official said, “All actors and actresses are attracted to the charms of the drama. They asked the director and writer questions after the script reading in order to make a perfect drama. The script has been made for a long time, so it is very firm. We expect the drama to be more exciting when re-watching it because of the compact relationship between the characters and hidden foreshadowing”. It will be aired as the follow-up of SBS Wednesday-Thursday drama ‘Yongpal’

GET IT K Han Jihee Photo by SBS English Translation by Jin Kim

Copyright ⓒ GET IT K(getitk.com), All Rights Reserved.

http://www.getitk.com/the-village-achiaras-secret-with-moon-geun-young-yook-sung-jae-first-script-reading/?lang=en

I never watched Que sera sera because of a bit reluctance to the lead girl..but after hearing so much praise for the drama..maybe I'll go take a look.

Hearing about the script makes me feel excited. I hope they can keep up to the level of our expectation and give us something exciting.Thank you for all the news girls=]. 

Archived