[Drama 2015] The Village: Achiara's Secret 마을- 아치아라의 비밀

larus

For some reason, i really prefer kim jae wook to be the male lead instead of yook sung jae. But i think according to description, policeman going to be a male lead so its sungjae right? Sungjae is a good actor but i think kim jae wook is more suit to be a male lead. Just my opinion.:sweatingbullets: 

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

According to the character description kim jae wook's role is that of a teacher ..and he's good with pulling of a mysterious vibe..I'm guessing as this is a mystery thriller..they're casting people as par the characters in the drama.

Is Kim Jae Wook still in this???

No idea.

I don`t know the young actor they cast for the policeman but I guess they cast well according with the script. They wanted a rookie policeman to be the lead. OK. I think Moon Geun Young plays the central character. She will have contact with lots of other characters.

I heard that September 5th is the day for the first script reading.

A new casting.. The policemen role goes to idol BTOB Sungjae..he's good in his previous drama but not so sure if he's ready to take another lead role?? Is the young policemen the main lead role?? Anyone understand this article??  

http://m.isplus.joins.com/news/article/article.aspx?total_id=18555545&cloc=

and more.. why are they giving Kim Jae Wook character to another actor?? They must have done some character changes?

i need more update on this drama but there's so little news..im a bit scared because i believe they're falling behind the schedule..only one month left for premier..and they are for sure going for the hardcore live shooting!!! ㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠ

when im try to google translate the article you have given, though it is not so accurate but the article said something about three police officer in achiara village. So i assume kim min jae will be the first police office ( maybe the leader), sungjae the 2nd police officer ( maybe the maknae) and there would be the third police officer which i assume maybe he is the male lead that we are waiting for .But this is just my assumption. If its wrong blame google translate.:sweatingbullets:

when im try to google translate the article you have given, though it is not so accurate but the article said something about three police officer in achiara village. So i assume kim min jae will be the first police office ( maybe the leader), sungjae the 2nd police officer ( maybe the maknae) and there would be the third police officer which i assume maybe he is the male lead that we are waiting for .But this is just my assumption. If its wrong blame google translate.:sweatingbullets:

It is possible. The articles never said that he is the lead. I think you are right. So we will wait for the mail lead cast. Actually I don`t care who it is the male lead. This is not a romantic story so many characters might have a meaningful role in this drama. If the female lead will start to investigate the case on her own, she will "clash" with the policeman, the lead guy?  :D

Hi everyone. I love love all the cast so far and I'm happy to hear that YSJ is headlining this drama. I watched him both in Plus Nine Boys and School 2015 and he was quite good. Especially in School 2015 I was one of the million people suffering from severe 2nd lead syndrome because of him lol. He really left an impression. What I wonder is if he'll be the love interest of Moon Geun Young, if there'll be any love line. They have a little age gap, he is only 20 and MGY 28.. But I guess he'll play a character around 23-25. Currently Yong-Pal is doing very well in ratings so I hope this drama will follow its steps. 

Yook Sung-jae considers joining the Village ranks

==>http://www.dramabeans.com/2015/08/yook-sung-jae-considers-joining-the-village-ranks/

by javabeans 

your article just broke me down. So sungjae is the lead? Alright, i will accept it.. Its okay as long as it would be a good drama with nice storyline. Mgy is in so im in. But still hoping either kim jae wook or ji chang wook to be a male lead eventhough if there are no romance. Sorry guys:tears:

Usually the main leads should be offered first and confirmed right?

So I think the male lead is either Kim Jae Wook or Ohn Joo Wan..

Agree with @jongski we should have variety of dramas, not only romcom, melo and sageuk.. but more thriller is good too...

If it's in the same vein as God's Gift, it would be good enough for me.. (as long as they don't copy the ending :sweatingbullets:)

Absolutely, Yes...! 

Nothing against Yook Sung-Jae (I have heard of him, and recognize the face, but not watched his drama) - but like @Misstwilightfan1416 -     I was hoping Kim Jae-Wook will be the  male lead. He is long over due to receive a leading role.

Here is an older article Drama Fever.   Please make sure  to click on "Awesome" and also add a comment. This is Drama Fever "phishing article" to see if people have interest in this drama. It's a good opportunity to ask them to bring us the drama.

Moon Geun Young and Kim Jae Wook confirmed for SBS murder mystery The Village
d36aaddd-d95c-4991-a78f-c4a05bc6aedd.png

Read more and comment on Drama Fever Blog

All the casting so far have been so distinctive and different from each other..that I'm guessing the production team are casting on the basis of the character requirements.Sung Jae's character's supposed to fail three times and enter the village as a rookie detective ..if he takes this on that is..so he'd be a fun filled character I think.I'd be really happy if he takes the role as his comedic chops would bring a balance to the mystery part lol. And to all... I'm sure he wont disappoint.=]

@nearsea Oh kay. He is the one from School 2015 right?  I've only seen the first 3 episodes..

And meanwhile.. here I am still waiting for  brilliant rookie named Ji Soo to have another drama after Angry Mom... but it's ok. He's more into indie films ( sorry for the OT)

Any other female cast for this drama? Seems it's all male casting news.

So far we have 4 female cast - Moon Geun Young, Shin Eun Kyung, Jang Hee Jin (the gisaeng in SWWTN) and Jang So Yeon

And 5 male cast - Kim Jae Wook, Ohn Joo Wan, Yook Sung Jae, Park Eun Seok and Jung Sung Mo

I think we'll have more cast as they need to fill "the village".

You surely need at least dozens people right to occupy a village? :D

Guest MGYlove

Here is the page of the drama The Village: Secret of Achiara on Daum

10509765_511571518994958_918943456810469

cr:http://search.daum.net/search?q=마을-아치아라의 비밀&w=tot&tvkey=70068&rtmaxcoll=TVP

SBS spend a lot of things in silence, synopsis greatly intrigues me because we have no real information about its contents to put on hand. Anyway, so I had much desire to begin this drama, to discover its history and its stakeholders (Especially seeing Moonie). I only hope they will keep on the plot (Mystery) and minimize romance if there is one.
Of course, what's interesting in this story is the mystery surrounding the village ..

Guest ororomunroe

Yook Sung Jae cast in 'Village'

bb1.jpg

Ilgan Sports - Naver: [Exclusive] Yook Sung Jae cast in 'Village: Achiara's Secret' 

1. [+394, -38] Looking forward to Yookjalddo (tn: handsome weirdo)

2. [+349, -30] Sung Jae's busy lately.. Wow us with your acting!!!

3. [+75, 0] Please don't hate just because he's an idol

4. [+68, -9] Can't he quit WGM too?

5. [+55, -5] Because this drama follows 'Yong Pal', the ratings will likely be high as well. Yook Sung Jae's hitting it daebak^^

6. [+61, -11] I like that he's hardworking but doesn't he have too much on his plate? From WGM, MC post then a drama

Cr: kkuljaem

Guest anitgone

New to this thread...happy to join in excited anticipation for this soooo please drama don't disappoint! I agree.. It's already shaping up very well, with a solid cast led by moonie and shin eun kyung. hoping for a tight script and the whole cast to play off each other effectively...

thanks for all the updates guys!

Sorry if there are double post :D

Lee Yeol-eum to star in "The Village: Achiara's Secret"

photo629289.jpg

Actress Lee Yeol-eum is starring in the SBS drama "The Village: Achiara's Secret".

She debuted with the JTBC drama "Can't Take It Anymore" and further starred in several dramas like "Drama Special - Grade A Student", "The King of High School Manners", "Divorce Lawyer in Love" and "Protect the Family".

Lee Yeol-eum stars as a 19-year-old teenager who is also an idol singer and dreams of success but lives everyday without much progress. She was raised by a single mother and isn't too well-off. "The Village: Achiara's Secret" is a drama about the happenings that occur in a village after dead bodies are uncovered. 

(c).hancinema

New article!

Drama "The Village - Achiara Secret" Established Moon Geun Young - Yook Sung Jae As Leads! Fresh combinations expected

http://www.getitk.com/드라마-마을-아치아라의-비밀-문근영-육성재-주인/

From what I can gather, MGY and Yook Sung Jae are the leads... Sung Jae will play as young police officer Woojae while MGY acts as Soyun. Woojae and Soyun will solve the case together.

--------------------------

Wonder what happened to Kim Jae Wook? Does he still in the cast or he's replaced by other actor and then Sung Jae stepped in as the lead?

Archived