[taiwanese Drama] Meteor Garden 1 & 2

Guest shred

Guest evercute

isn't jerry gay in real life? that's what i heard.

No, he isn't gay. He used to be a professional model, so maybe that's what makes him look strange at times.

He's going out with that Taiwanese model...Lin Zhi Ling.

maybe to the point that i almost HATE them.....yea thats me...

:o Hating F4 because of that? Isn't that a bit much?

now im watching the japanese version and i like it soo much ...it's wayyyyyyy better than the tw one because the mood and characters are more like the ones in the anime/manga...

True, the mood of Meteor Garden is different to the actual manga. But Meteor Garden will always hold a special place in my heart. I just love it.

I'm watching Hana Yori Dango too, and don't get me wrong, I'm just as addicted. But not as much as Meteor Garden. Meteor Garden moved me :D

• Replies 493
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest iSayOink

The newspaper is ALWAYS talking about Lin Zhi Ling these days... =-= Uu

it's like whatever happened to F4?!?! lol, internet says they're TW's most popular boy band but i don't think they're as popular anymore, is that true?

Guest ichigo_no_powder

internet says they're TW's most popular boy band but i don't think they're as popular anymore, is that true?

haha yeah they kind of faded away but then was really popular in Japan I think...last year and half of this year. don't know about now..

I loved MG!! The japanese one is more serious/'professional' but who cannot love MG. it's so funny and horribly entertaining. I love jerry...he makes such a good DMS. i like him more than the other guy who's playing him in hana yori dango. The girl zaizai likes..the taiwanese one is SO pretty!! so elegant especially on the night where she makes her announcement. prettier than the japanese actress

Guest Jamieâ„¢

i didn't like it.. lol because I thought shan cai should've ended up w/ hua zhi lei (vic's character)..

plus the acting was horrible.. o.o

the storyline is unrealistic.. like shan cai is extremely poor, but her parents managed to get enough money to support her to go to an extremely rich school.. but in the series, not once has she studied or anything.. just spends her time w/ guys.. isn't that sort of a let down to her parents. or was the point supposed to be that she would meet rich guys at this school?

I really liked the girl who played qing.. or something.. imo she was prettier than the main girl. but then again, she is a model in real life..

Guest because_of_you

i love Meteor Garden, everytime i think of it, it always conjures up some really sweet and cute memories either of that series or of that summer when i was watching it!!

plus there was zai zai in the series and it brought us F4, i still remember when they were EVERYWHERE and women in their 40s were like obsess with them too!!

like most of u i hated meteor garden 2 it was pointless and i really liked the soundtrack to MG1 but the OST for MG 2 was a bit erm... didn't really like it, i think it was in spainish, so that didn't really help but the song by F4 was good.

At first, I refused to watch Meteor Garden, assuming that F4 were some girly men with long hair. But after watching the first episode, I was definitely hooked! Jerry Yan is just too hot. And from there, started my F4 craze. Haha. But really, this is a must watch drama although they're acting aren't all that that great.

I think it's really cute how Barbie and Vic are together now :) :)

Guest chubzzy

i like meteor garden 1. it's good! i don't like daoming si, or jerry yen, but i do like huaze lei. hehehe... barbie did a good job too, though i don't like her either hehehe -_-

i dig the characters more than i dig the people in real life

hahaha i remember when meteor 1 first came out i simply wasn't interested in it! i don't understand why are people going all crazy over this series and F4. And i resisted watching when my friends tempt me to. but after like.... 3-4 years after its release i happened to stumble across it, watched it, and i love it! lol..... i should've watched it earlier. -_-

but meteor garden 2 sucks. i watched some, and i didn't like it.

Guest iSayOink

Yupyup!! TOTALLY AGREEE!!! MG 2 SUXXXXXXXXXXXXXX!!!!! BLEHHH

it was soooooooooooooo totally pointless. haha. if u take out part two, it would still make sense, don't you think??? lol

Guest evercute

it's like whatever happened to F4?!?! lol, internet says they're TW's most popular boy band but i don't think they're as popular anymore, is that true?

Well, they may not be AS popular as they used to be in Taiwan, but they are most certainly the most popular Chinese boyband all over Asia. Most of their fans are really loyal. Plus they are having an Asian tour again next year, so I heard. ^_^

I love jerry...he makes such a good DMS. i like him more than the other guy who's playing him in hana yori dango. The girl zaizai likes..the taiwanese one is SO pretty!! so elegant especially on the night where she makes her announcement. prettier than the japanese actress

Agree, agree! Jerry was better imo (he's so cute and sweet yet so manly), but Jun in Hana Yori Dango brings different sort of feel to the character. As for Jing, I like her more than the Japanese one too. The Japanese one isn't as pretty (like how Shizuka should be)...and she doesn't really have the "big sister" vibe that Jing has.

the storyline is unrealistic.. like shan cai is extremely poor, but her parents managed to get enough money to support her to go to an extremely rich school.. but in the series, not once has she studied or anything.. just spends her time w/ guys.. isn't that sort of a let down to her parents. or was the point supposed to be that she would meet rich guys at this school?

LOL. That's the Hana Yori Dango storyline though...they can't stray from that. As for not studying, I don't think I've seen a series in which the main characters actually "study" full-on. Hehe. One complaint though, San Cai always wore semi-brand clothes. She never looked "poor" in that sense.

At first, I refused to watch Meteor Garden, assuming that F4 were some girly men with long hair. But after watching the first episode, I was definitely hooked! Jerry Yan is just too hot.

Amen. Jerry is too hot to resist. I used to think he was ugly and effeminate after seeing some pics, but after ep 1, I was was like "JERRY-OMFG-I-WILL-HAVE-YOUR-BABIES" lol.

i dig the characters more than i dig the people in real life

Sad, but kinda true. I totally dig DMS. Man, if only guys like him existed... -_-

they need an MG3, bring every1 back again - won't happen though

I used to want one too, but now I think it's better if they don't. Everyone's moving off in their respective careers already...no chance of getting together. And last time, there were a lot of troubles between filming too: Jerry getting sick, Barbie getting stressed and then irritable leading to problems between cast, going overtime. Also, if they did another one, they are more likely to screw it up even more than MG2 did...

Guest chubzzy

i love meteor garden too!!! the first one's awesome

MG2 isn't as great, but it's not THAT bad either... just didn't do as well as the first one...

i love zai-zai! his character as huaze lei totally melts me. his angelic character for shancai is just.... too touching! he loves shancai but knows that she belongs to daoming si, so he can only be her guardian angel when she is down. i am so in love with his character after watching the first one! and i fell head over heels over his dreamy, painful eyes... awwww...

just wondering, if there's anyone with links to the last few episodes for MG2 for downloads... i have watched all (til episode 26) but not the rest... can't find it anywhere, and my school's download system doesn't hve it. if anyone have links do post it up! :D

Guest TiFFaNiZeD

Hating F4 because of that? Isn't that a bit much?

well i don't hate them.....i just lost that feeling i once had to them ....cuz i just love the show and the characters soo much but they ruined it by having Domingsi forgets about sanchai and falls in love with another woman for like 28 out of 30 of the episodes....it was just sad to watch....but after watching mg2 i became a Lei & sanchai fan lol Lei is soo sweet by sc's side when domingsi left her....i know it's not his fault....so i should hate the producer or whoever came up with the script instead ^0^

Archived