[taiwanese Drama] Meteor Garden 1 & 2

Guest shred

• Replies 493
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest simply_w4u

okay..i've watched some episodes of HYD. and i still think MG[taiwanese] is still WAY better.

i like the characters more in Mg and the story plot better. HYD is going way too fast but its okay i guess.

and OMG..the leader is so evil at the start. freaky. Meteor garden is still the best!

Guest kalinda

MG was THE one that started all frenzy of Asian drama for me as well, my fave of all time..... I loveeee DMS to the point that I loveeeee Jerry afterwards, until now! I don't mind watching MG for the hundredth of times... it was soooo huge and popular in Indo. Everywhere you saw posters of F4, merchandise, MG soundtracks were played all over various malls. It even was followed by F4 concert back in Jan 2004. We were kinda late in broadcasting it compared to other countries.. but when we did, it's followed by a re run many times, by 2 different local TVs. That was how big MG was at that time.

for MG2, it kinda kill the whole thing. I didn't hate any particular character though, but for me the storyline was not that strong. It failed to bring the sense of MG in the first place that made DMS was soo irresistible.. many ppl were obsessed with him bec of his true love towards SC, his ups and down of emotion. One of the scenes that I love was when DMS was breaking down on the sink, when he learnt that SC might go steady with Lei (he tried to look strong but he failed). Or other scene where DMS (refused to eat)and SC talked on the opposites side of the door! ... those were classic for me... never ever get tired of rewatching those scenes.

I remember feeling blue for several days after I watched an eps. It seemed that in every eps, there were always scenes that broke my heart.. everytime DMS was sad, I became sad and affected and all....*sigh...* :wub: :wub:

Guest Greentea

I didnt watch finish MG2..MG2 too drag during the part dao min shi lose his memory..plus cant stand watching michelle saram acting :sweatingbullets:

MG1 is much more better then MG2. ;)

Guest keeyshane

MG was THE one that started all frenzy of Asian drama for me as well, my fave of all time..... I loveeee DMS to the point that I loveeeee Jerry afterwards, until now! I don't mind watching MG for the hundredth of times... it was soooo huge and popular in Indo. Everywhere you saw posters of F4, merchandise, MG soundtracks were played all over various malls. It even was followed by F4 concert back in Jan 2004. We were kinda late in broadcasting it compared to other countries.. but when we did, it's followed by a re run many times, by 2 different local TVs. That was how big MG was at that time.

for MG2, it kinda kill the whole thing. I didn't hate any particular character though, but for me the storyline was not that strong. It failed to bring the sense of MG in the first place that made DMS was soo irresistible.. many ppl were obsessed with him bec of his true love towards SC, his ups and down of emotion. One of the scenes that I love was when DMS was breaking down on the sink, when he learnt that SC might go steady with Lei (he tried to look strong but he failed). Or other scene where DMS (refused to eat)and SC talked on the opposites side of the door! ... those were classic for me... never ever get tired of rewatching those scenes.

I remember feeling blue for several days after I watched an eps. It seemed that in every eps, there were always scenes that broke my heart.. everytime DMS was sad, I became sad and affected and all....*sigh...* :wub: :wub:

kalinda, just the same thing happened in the Phils..or in any other Asian country MG aired..the F4 fever..

it was so crazy, we aired MG after it aired in Indonesia, so we are still behind you..but oh my gosh, just after a week of airing, everyone was so crazy about MG and F4..i mean every show on local tv at least featured some info on MG or F4..everywhere you go, you see f4..tv, music channel, magazines, billboards, even keychains and bags, and the topic is just all about them..my aunt just went abroad for a week and when she came back, she was like "how come all the top 10 songs are all in chinese?, what happened?" haha! that was kinda fast..

it was crazy bec. filipinos can't speak chinese yet we are all singing f4 songs, imagine a real chinese hearing us and that''ll be so hilarious..

they never went to the normal route at the airport..straight to a car..jerry became BEnch's endorser and when he came, he was fetched by a helicopter..then heads the palace to meet the president..

it really was chaotic!

Jerry Yan became the country's official crush! haha!

when it is already MG's time to air, all you can see in people's tv sets is Meteor Garden, no other channel..

even if it is commercial break, which i can say is super duper long i can even take a bath between breaks, none even dares to switch channel, not only are we afraid to miss a single scene, F4 is in our commercials too..F4 Pepsi, Yamaha, solo jerry Pepsi, and other F4 teasers for different events..

if that was not enough, waaahh..their overpriced concerts..i mean, we can't understand chinese but their concert is all sold out..and that's not one, they had 4 successive concerts here..ken and van first, jerry and zai next, f4 concert next, van solo next..

another thing, they scraped off a tv series on the primetime block to air their coverage of their arrival and interviews for 2 weeks..imagine, replacing a tv show for just a coverage and interview of them..haha!

and Meteor Garden was replayed 4 times already..

those are the reasons why i think MG is irreplaceable, even if they come up with hundreds of version..

from class A to class E, everyone got hooked to them..the impact is just unique..

you go here and say f4, you'll see everyone knows them..

and yeah, f4 certainly rocks!!!

f48yz.jpg

Guest soutsada7

haha, yeah, I agree with what most of you said...MG started the craze in Asia. In Thailand, there was this celeb (in her 40's) who was so obsessed with MG and Dao Ming Si that even when she had to work, she asked her filming crew to tape the episode that was showing...haha, I found that hilarious :lol: Yeah, I'm still lovin' MG and Jerry Yan though :D

Guest sweet_treats1812

^hi soutsada! :lol:

i used to be like that..whenever id miss meteor garden, id have one of my relatives tape it for me... :sweatingbullets: the funny thing is that i only started watching it coz my friends kept bugging me with stories about how cute this guy was and how funny the story is becoming, so i watched it jst to see what all the hype was about...and when i did watch it, i became so addicted that it was THEY who finally told me to shut up :D:D:D

Guest Greentea

GreenTea, you have such a cute avatar!! I love it!

Ohh, u changed it...

Thx curiousplay :D I changed new avatar ;)

I missed MG, hope F4 can act together again but ken zhu's image had change alot.. :sweatingbullets:

Guest Incise Soul

This drama got me into the Asian Drama [media?]. I love the characters, plot, and everything about MG. I watched it at last 5 times over one summer. It was crazy. After watching the drama, I became a Jerry Fan<3

Guest curiousplay

That's wang lee hong right?

MG is the first taiwan drama I am hooked on as well. Completed the whole series in two days back then and have been rewatching it ever since. Each year, it gets about twice of rewatch maybe? hahha. And its been many years now.

Guest Jamieâ„¢

I didn't really like this drama..

jerry sucks at acting

Big S sucks more at acting..

only one that acted alright was Vic, and he barely said anything throughout the drama.

the parents aren't realistic.. they send her to a extremely rich school, even though they're hecka poor, just so she can meet guys? o.O so un-asian parents like.. lol

but.. I never really like any taiwan dramas.. -_-

I :wub: Meteor Garden so much that I was crazy about it for 3 years.

But watching that so-called piece of garbage sequel :crazy::blink: :fury: ...it killed my wonderful MG dream totally. And ever since, I tried so damn hard to forget its (sequel) existence. If only I haven't watched it...then everything will be still so great. If only I can turn back time....

MY BEST ADVICE: NEVER EVER EVER WATCH THE SEQUEL. It will kill you.

But yeah, Dao Ming Si is the BEST! :wub:

Guest Greentea

I :wub: Meteor Garden so much that I was crazy about it for 3 years.

But watching that so-called piece of garbage sequel :crazy::blink: :fury: ...it killed my wonderful MG dream totally. And ever since, I tried so damn hard to forget its (sequel) existence. If only I haven't watched it...then everything will be still so great. If only I can turn back time....

MY BEST ADVICE: NEVER EVER EVER WATCH THE SEQUEL. It will kill you.

But yeah, Dao Ming Si is the BEST! :wub:

Totally agree, i gave up after watching beginning few eps..

Very angry when shancai post all the ad. to find for dms but so qiao he always missed it :vicx:

Guest curiousplay

Actually i didn't think it's that bad. The second part i mean. You gotta give it some credit. At least nobody dies and they are still together ;p

Guest soutsada7

^hi soutsada! :lol:

i used to be like that..whenever id miss meteor garden, id have one of my relatives tape it for me... :sweatingbullets: the funny thing is that i only started watching it coz my friends kept bugging me with stories about how cute this guy was and how funny the story is becoming, so i watched it jst to see what all the hype was about...and when i did watch it, i became so addicted that it was THEY who finally told me to shut up :D:D:D

hey Candy :waves back at ya: haha, I can just imagine your friends teasing you afterwards just like how we SHGers all tease you at the thread :P

I missed MG, hope F4 can act together again but ken zhu's image had change alot.. :sweatingbullets:

how did his image change? :unsure:

This drama got me into the Asian Drama [media?]. I love the characters, plot, and everything about MG. I watched it at last 5 times over one summer. It was crazy. After watching the drama, I became a Jerry Fan<3

yep, me too, me too...I love Jerry and am so lookin' forward to his next drama :w00t:

Archived