[taiwanese Drama] Meteor Garden 1 & 2

Guest shred

request pix

anyone have the pix of Shan Tsai(Barbie Hsu) holding the red balloons or caps?? I use to have that pix but now I lost it and can't remember where I got it from. So if anyone has it.. please feel free to post the pix. Thanks

keke here you go! i think i was on a meteor garden pic hunt a LONG time ago and found them somewheres...enjoys :lol:

ajq.jpg

if anyone wants more MG pics posted up, just tell me ;)

• Replies 493
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest flycmagurl

yea, acting sucked but hey, i was a newbie at dramas so watching it made my heart melt...especially lei! I couldn't get over the fact that shan tsai and dao ming si got together when my poor lei was left all alone :(

hehe it was ok for the most part.. wasnt really impressed with it, but meh, i watched it anyway =) MG2 is just wierd, crumbled shan cai and dao's relationship to shambles in season 1. always been torn between vic zhou and jerry yan but finally made up my mind and stuck with jerry lol =P MG is currently being compared to the japanese HYD. cinematography wise and acting-wise, personally i'd be in for HYD but i couldnt deny that DMS and Lei are very charismatic actors.

i'm glad i never saw MG2... i'll juss pretend it never came out =P

me and my friends cried watching EVERY episode of MG1.. oh god.. so much tears -_________+

Guest jkan93l

still one of the best drama i ever watched..

it made me laugh.. cry.. and then some mixed emotions when iwatch it over.. o'well.. they were cute and hot at the time.. they still are..... haha....

i like the taiwan version better than the japanses version...

• 1 month later...
Guest simply_w4u

OMG..seriously Meteor garden is my favourite drama of all time.

The characters just like took my heart away specialy Lei (Vic Zhou). he is so damn fine.

me and my sis would watch it and like debate on who was better against Vic and Jerry.

When i first saw F4 walking in the first episode and showwing their faces i was like (OMG..their hot).

the most saddest scene for me was in the beach, in the rain omg wen DMS was crying.

METEOR GARDEN FOREVA! haha ching he was funny and Shan tsai!

Guest jaeterius

i really enjoyed this drama, and all my friends who i've given it to have also, which is quite rare.

i think it has a wonderful combination of humour and cute, memorable scenes. There were so many moments that I just burst out laughing, and towards the middle and end so many tears. I felt that that the ending was appropriate because it wasn't your typical melodramatic ending or tragedy, it was simple and fitted ShanCai's character. I like how she never cave into DMS throughout the series, and the end she still didn't even though probably everyone wanted to hear her say 'I love you' she only admitted that she liked him. What I admire about this drama is character consistency. I have to agree with simply_w4u, the characters just steal your heart.

hyd the japanese version is great too, high quality, better actors but it still doesn't beat mg for me as the charcacters in MG were much more relatable, and flawed. Tsukishi gave an awesome performance, but I never understood why characters in the show keep saying she was ugly or plain because she honestly isn't. She looks like a proportional Ruby Lin to me. And I'm surprised ppl dislike Da S's portrayal so much, because I enjoyed it and I thought she really brought Shancai's ruggedness and unconventional personality (in terms of the setting) to life. Jun and Oguri I thought were just plain unattractive, not like Jerry and Vic. But after a while, you do get past their appearances, and I do enjoy Jun's portrayal though I'm a bit iffy on Oguri's. However, Jun over-acted, even though Jerry's acting was raw I felt a bit of restraint that he took with the character (or perhaps that was also due to his lack of acting skill). They really did portray different dimensions to the character. I felt throughout MG, Jerry was always DMS who loved SC and I felt his character develop slowly, but he was never out of character. But in HYD, i think they tried to make Tsukasha (SP?) change too fast for Tsukushi. In MG, DMS loved SC, but he still held his ground, and was still selfish. In the end, I still felt that he was DMS who only loved SC, but in HYD you feel that Tsukasha is a different person at the end. I liked Lei's bittersweet ending, and there were many more classic scenes btw Lei and SC, such as the one where she cries on his back and when they are searching for SC's necklace in the fountain. and I felt that the ones in HYD were too perfect, not to mention there is a lot more complexity in terms of the relationship between the characters in MG.

I'm a DMS rooter all the way ! You have to love his boyish innocence but unruly temper.

^ abt HYD i kinda agree with you...

it was done well with how they showe

andd how rich F4 were

powerful???>> hmm not much i think

but i actually didnt felt the closeness between the borthers in HYD

unlike in MG were you can sense the closeness between f4 members(well i think partly to be blamed is the lenght of time the two were shown... HYD is just 9 eps if compared to MG which is double the lenght of HYD)

MG though a lot say has poor acting on the part of the actors..

i think everything was more established

and i think F4 and barbie were all perfect for their roles

if compared to actors in HYD although i think they're really good as solo actors

Guest TiFFaNiZeD

i agree that HYD's pace went too fast but what can they do with only 9 episodes???? T.T

i like Mao's portrayal better then da S's tho...to me DaS overacted a lil....

i agree that HYD's pace went too fast but what can they do with only 9 episodes???? T.T

i like Mao's portrayal better then da S's tho...to me DaS overacted a lil....

i dunno abt makino... i think shan cai is better ^_^

kinda overacting .. but heck! i think they're trying it to be manga like i.e. comical

(like what rainie did in her acting in DBY)

hmm.. i think HYD will have a 2nd season tho ^_^

Guest simply_w4u

LOL!~ Yeah, Meteor Garden is one of my favorite drama of all time too. I watch it over and over when I get bored and I never get tired of watching it. :P

lolz me too.. i can never get sick of watching it.. and when i watch it again i keep getting excited and saying 'omg' when i've watched it tons of times. Its good cos you get to see what you missed from the first time you've watched it.

Guest aeroshaastranger :)

Of course, the series that started it all for me.

I love the XM-XY tandem. Too bad they never finished the story, but I guess it makes it all the more interesting.

I hope if they do continue with MG3 (what are the chances right? but it's free to dream) they finish the story. And I want Ken and Rainie together! LOL!

yeah. i hope they have MG3, i wanna see xiaoyou and ximen ending up together!!haha((:

just finished watching MG1 today cos watched parts and parts of it prev.yeah MG2 sucked!

i like ken and vanness ! x)

i have to agree with most of you...meteor garden 1 is a great series...it was in all honesty, the 1st series that got me interested n watching asian tv shows...although there performances in their was a bit raw, it was still an awesome series..but all the second season and it's soooper long storyline kinda killed the magic of meteor garden...

Archived