[Drama 2015] Bubblegum 풍선껌

Shosi_for_9

August 25, 2015

Choi Ji Woo, Kim Go Eun, Jeong Ryeo Won all on tvN

Source: TV Report via Hancinema.net

photo627569.jpg

All actresses and writers are gathering to tvN. They are all coming back with cable. They chose work over viewing percentage. They have been thirsty for quality and this time they held hands for a better filmography. It's a rush of actresses in their 20s, 30s and 40s. Kim Go-eun is back with "Cheese in the Trap", Jeong Ryeo-won with "Bubble Gum" and Choi Ji-woo with "Twenty Again". Who will be the one to laugh?

Choi Ji-woo in her 40s – she might be lovelier than a 20-year-old

She's back. She's attempting at the best character ever. She is a mother with a 20-year-old son and a wife of a professor as well as a freshman of 2015. She has to play 3 roles.

Choi Ji-woo is starring in her first cable drama. Her character gets pregnant at the age of 19 and becomes a mother. She then decides to go to school at the age of 38.

Ha No-ra (Choi Ji-woo) has the spirit of an old lady and is pure and innocent. We can trust her with the melodrama. She opened the doors to Hallyu with "Stairway to Heaven" and "Winter Sonata" and has earned the title, 'Melo-queen'. She also appealed as a bright and cheerful character in the tvN show "Three Meals A Day".

"Twenty Again" also signals the comeback of writer So Hyeon-kyeong. She wrote "My Daughter Seo-yeong", "Prosecutor Princess", "Shining Inheritance" and more. She opened up a second chance to many with her work and this time she's going to create synergy with Choi Ji-woo.

Jeong Ryeo-won in her 30s – Will she relive the honor of "Nine"? Jeong Ryeo-won is coming back with "Bubble Gum".

"Bubble Gum" is a grown-up fairytale with the message that if people worked together to fill each others' hollowness everyone would become happier. Jeong Ryeo-won plays Kim Heng-ah, a radio producer who is best friends with hospital director Park Ri-hwan (Lee Dong-wook).

They previously starred in the 2003 sitcom "Live Right" and have reunited for the first time in 12 years.

Kim Go-eun in her 20s – high expectations, high pressure 20

It's been a tough competition. Kim Go-eun was lucky to have landed a role in the new tvN drama "Cheese in the Trap" and not her competitor, Suzy. However, it's too early to be happy.

With only four months left until the first episode is on air, the attention for the drama is appalling. The original "Cheese in the Trap" is famous enough to bring about a fuss with every episode. Kim Go-eun plays Hong Seol, a junior to mysterious Yoo Jeong, played by Park Hae-jin.

With the demand for the original so high, everyone is waiting to see how they make the drama. While fans of the original say that Park Hae-jin is a perfect match to the role of Yoo Jeong, about Kim Go-eun they say, 'we'll wait and see'.

Kim Go-eun appeared in 2012 with the movie "A Muse" and has been doing well since then but this time it won't be easy. Kim Go-eun is going to have to work especially hard to earn the favor of the original fans. 

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

August 26, 2015

Cable channel dramas to star top actresses

(YG Entertainment, KeyEast, OSEN)

Top Korean actresses are returning to the small screen via cable channel tvN with their eyes set on strengthening their filmography. 

“Winter Sonata” actress Choi Ji-woo is leading the pack with her role in the upcoming Friday-Saturday show, “Second 20s,” which is to start on Aug. 28. 

Actress Jung Ryeo-won follows with “Bubble Gum,” which is set to launch on Oct. 26. 

High-flying rookie Kim Go-eun is trailing behind with her role in “Cheese in the Trap,” set to air in December. 

The actresses in question are said to have enough talent to impact their age groups; Choi for those in their 40s, Jung for 30s and Kim for 20s. 

In “Second 20s,” Choi plays middle-aged Ha No-ra, a character who enrolls in a university as a freshman alongside her son, where time virtually rewinds for her as she tackles the college drama head on. Choi’s last small screen work was with SBS’ “Seduction“ last year.

“Bubble Gum” centers upon an adult fairy tale, featuring Jung as a radio producer. Jung will reunite with actor Lee Dong-wook, with whom she had worked in the 2003 SBS sitcom “Do the Right Thing.” Jung’s latest drama was MBC’s “Medical Top Team.”

Kim vied against girl group Miss A’s Suzy to win the female lead part in “Cheese in the Trap,” adapted from a Web-based cartoon. The tvN drama will be Kim’s first small screen work. 

Kim debuted with in the critically acclaimed Korean film “Eun-Gyo” in 2012, and since then has solidified her standing by starring in a host of movies including this year’s award-winning “Coin Locker Girl.” 

By Lim Jeong-yeo (kaylalim@heraldcorp.com)

Hi, chingus! Glad, that you're keeping thread alive. Hope, for script reading in upcoming weeks.

Regarding, Cheese in the trap, this drama is lucky to be filmed in advance, before airing. That's why they're starting to film soon. And ofc it's highly anticipated because of popularity of webtoon. 

But nevertheless hope there will be enogh attention to Bubblegum and promotion before and during airing. 

Here is JRW's comments on upcoming dama:

Regarding her first drama comeback in two years with 'Bubble Gum,' she stated, "I wanted to show something that would fit me if I were to return with my next production, so I chose a bright character.  In many ways, I find 'Bubble Gum' to be a production that fits me perfectly."

http://www.allkpop.com/article/2015/09/jung-ryeo-won-is-glamorous-in-photoshoot-with-high-cut

Really hope, they both will have bright, but not so comical charachters.

Regarding Wookie's look in drama, most likely it will be like his last week's one (maybe they will change haircut a bit, but I doubt). I vote for hair up then for long bangs. :wub:

9b7b991a2a32.jpg

Jung Ryeo Won talks about her upcoming drama in "High Cut" photo shoot

Jung Ryeo Won is glamorous in photoshoot with 'High Cut'

by alim17 (all kpop)

jung-ryeo-won_1441217450_af_org.jpg

Actress Jung Ryeo Won showed off her sexy, feminine side in magazine 'High Cut'!

Regarding her first drama comeback in two years with 'Bubble Gum,' she stated, "I wanted to show something that would fit me if I were to return with my next production, so I chose a bright character.  In many ways, I find 'Bubble Gum' to be a production that fits me perfectly."

Are you looking forward to seeing her work with Lee Dong Wook again?

to  read more:

http://www.allkpop.com/article/2015/09/jung-ryeo-won-is-glamorous-in-photoshoot-with-high-cut

while reading your posts about what look LDW might have ,i imagined him with eye glassess with brown hair same hairdo he has nowadays ,no perm and his style would be semi formal .JRW with silky yellowish brown hair wearing short dresses and shorts ;)

Bubblegum Finalizes Drama Leads Lee Dong Wook, Jung Ryeo Won,

Lee Jong Hyuk, and Park Hee Bon

by ockoala (koalasplayground)

yhy2.jpg

The main cast is all lined up for upcoming tvN Mon-Tues drama Bubblegum, which will take over for the latest season of Rude Miss Young Ae and be followed at the end of the year byCheese in the Trap. Bubblegum is giving me similar vibes to Heart to Heart, what with a cast of drama veterans and a story synopsis about mutual healing through relationships. Already confirmed last month with leads Lee Dong Wook and Jung Ryeo Won, the drama later addedLee Jong Hyuk and Park Hee Bon to the cast.

The drama will be directed by the PD behind Nine: Nine Times Travels, while the screenwriter is doing her first screenplay but is an author in her own right. Lee Dong Wook plays an Oriental medicine doctor, which immediately makes me miss Yoon Kye Sang‘s character in Best Love, while Jung Ryeo Won is a radio DJ, and the drama will be set primarily at their respective workplaces in the hospital and radio station. Lee Jong Hyuk will play Jung Ryeo Won’s boss at the radio station while Park Hee Bon is a dentist and fellow medical professional to Lee Dong Wook.

yhy1.jpg

yhy.jpg

Bubblegum already has the first four scripts in the bag and will start filming in mid-September, with an end of October airing date scheduled. This is a really solid and charismatic cast, without any trendy airs by casting idols or shaky acting talent. I just hope the leads are likable characters so I can root for them to overcome their emotional issues and find love through the usual drama tropes.

to read more:

http://koalasplayground.com/2015/09/05/bubblegum-finalizes-drama-leads-lee-dong-wook-jung-ryeo-won-lee-jong-hyuk-and-park-hee-bon/

I can breathe a little now that I know it won't air until the end of October, at least they'll have a few episodes done by the time it premieres. I'm excited now that the cast has been finalized. I really hope this drama does well for our leads' sake, both really need a hit drama again. 

me too and i was happy to read that they already - at least rehearsed - 4 eps

and they are all good and veteran actors

so i know theyll do a great job 

I can breathe a little now that I know it won't air until the end of October, at least they'll have a few episodes done by the time it premieres. I'm excited now that the cast has been finalized. I really hope this drama does well for our leads' sake, both really need a hit drama again. 

me too and i was happy to read that they already - at least rehearsed - 4 eps

and they are all good and veteran actors

so i know theyll do a great job 

I'm not worried about the acting either, I know they all will do well with what they're given. I'm especially happy the director did one of my favorite dramas of all time: Nine. What I am concerned about is ratings, both of their most recent dramas didn't do so well so I'm hoping this gets at least decent ratings. 

the rating system is different for cable, right?

but i think that in general the cable dramas are gaining more and more recognition and appreciation compared to bf 

and to me they always seem more refine - so i think it will reflect in raiting

but more than anything i hope to enjoy these actors that i like so much  

I'm not worried about the acting either, I know they all will do well with what they're given. I'm especially happy the director did one of my favorite dramas of all time: Nine. What I am concerned about is ratings, both of their most recent dramas didn't do so well so I'm hoping this gets at least decent ratings. 

the rating system is different for cable, right?

but i think that in general the cable dramas are gaining more and more recognition and appreciation compared to bf 

and to me they always seem more refine - so i think it will reflect in raiting

but more than anything i hope to enjoy these actors that i like so much  

Yes ratings for cable tends to be different, but tvN does have a habit of cutting shows for not doing well. 

For them, as long as the script is good and nothing gets dragged for too long (Surplus Princess made this mistake with the love triangle) then everything should be fine. 

I've been waiting for Jung Ryeo Won to come back for a while now so I am so happy she's chosen to return on a cable drama. Maybe for them it's less pressure. Lee Jong Hyuk was lead in a tvN drama a couple of years ago. It did alright, but the drama was good. 

i didnt know that they cut short dramas with low rairing

but i think they are more picky with scripts and they only pick scripts that they believe in - or so it seems to me

so i do have more faith in this drama - and in general i have more faith in cable than not

although i watch from all tv channels 

LDW did cable? i didnt know that

i likes JRW since MNKSS im happy fro this pair very much

ny mistake - LJH - i know he was lead in cable and he can do both comical and serious characters 

Girls, here is info abt Dramafever (pic credit to @BoomBoomBoomBalloon )

Do you know, if it will be translated by Dramafever, is there any chance that Viki will have it as well? I've heard that if Dramafever subs project, them Viki doesn't.

@Princi_86         It is encouraging to see that list you posted.

But - when I click on "Coming Soon" to DramaFever - Bubblegum is not showing on the list...

http://www.dramafever.com/browse/featured/home_coming_soon/popular

However, when I click on Drama Fever's page for Bubblegum, it does have a sign of "Coming Soon"

http://www.dramafever.com/drama/4765/Bubblegum/

To me if feels, that if that is the case and it is confirmed on Drama Fever, there is no need to get it on Viki too.

Viki does have a page for it, as noted earlier, but so far only 32 fans.

But once it is on either DramaFever or Viki it will be all over the web.  Personally - I am not a proponent of Viki and Drama Fever subbing the same drama.  I hope they both sub different drama, and that we all get a wider spectrum of choices. There used to be an advantage to Viki subbing weekend drama - as DramaFever office is closed over the weekend - but these days Viki is so slow on subbing - (and I do appreciate all those volunteers' work ) that there would not be an advantage to that either.

Therefor,  personally - if  I see a drama coming soon to Drama Fever, I will not send sub requests to Viki, and vice versa - if I know it is coming to Viki - I will not send sub requests to Drama Fever.

BTW - Not sure why Hancinema just now reported about Lee Jong-Hyuk joining Bubble Gum.

http://www.hancinema.net/lee-jong-hyuk-joins-bubble-gum-right-after-the-queen-s-flower-86222.html

Script reading! Love is in the air. The overall cast looks daebak. And Wookie's Jong Ok nuna is there. And my favourite drama evil funy mom. Can't wait!

For those of you who have Naver accout please, like the article :) ...Not so much attention from knetizens side...I'm worrying.

http://m.entertain.naver.com/read?aid=0003153600&oid=109

50a42d3877b2.jpg

Archived