[Taiwanese Drama 2015] Bitter Sweet 軍官‧情人

Admin

I feel ya on the issue regarding the dad ...

but AJ and MM on the next ep tho I literally squealed ~  I knew it I just knew that AJ would definitely be her pillar of support during this difficult time and looking at the preview it looks like they went somewhere else tgt?  AJ was so sweet in today's ep too. He's really sensitive about other people's personal space and did not force the empress to say her secret coz he knew that it was something she did not want to reveal.  

If I were MM tho, ture at first I would feel confused about my identity and maybe even angry coz to suddenly find out that they people who I thought were my real family is actually not blood related it would feel as though all the love and affection that I have given to them were all a wrong investment but ultimately, I would still accept the wang family as my family because I consider a family as not only those you are related by blood but also the people who has gone through thick and thin with you. 

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It had been many episodes without father , yu fan or even director! 

I just have to say that I find that amazing given how that's half of the opening credits right there.  You'd think that if the actors were important enough to be in the opening credits, their characters would be important enough to see them more often in the drama.  It's kind of bizarre.

I feel like the show did a better job of balancing all storylines in the beginning.  Lately, they've been favoring the "let's focus on one" approach (which is what I found draggy about the other daily I watched, so....).

Okay, I'll stop harping on this.  I promise.  :P

My God. I just finished tonight episode. Momo seems so devastated!! My heart aches so much as I watch this episode. 

Placing myself in momo position, I would not know how to settle this issue. Momo is of the same age as me, hahah. 

Did grandma sent father a text regarding this issue? During the grandmother voice over she apologised to father for not being able to maintain the secrect. 

What i like about this drama is that each and every single family member knows about the fact that when one of them is down, the rest will be there for him or her. Kinship , must it be blood related? I do not think so. Its how you interact with each other and the values you were brought up with.

Ok i did a fanboy squeal when mo and aj was shown in the preview.

Guest everlarking

@Nixesty No worry! I love spoiler!:wub: Feel free to discuss everything here. I don't even try to look for raw video because I don't understand at all! :sweatingbullets: So I'll just watch the sub while reading comment in this forum for spoilers.

Oh Gobs! So many juicy stuffs here... :) 

Haah. I was also notiçing why Mo kept on arranging the newspaper and magazines. She had it sorted out already yet still kept on arranging it. Sharp eyes for bride magazine!

My interpretation of her repetitive motion is that it was to highlight how distracted she is over AJ's confession. 

I feel for her.  I really do.  If my comprehension has been correct, I don't think she's all that upset over the deception (and certainly not in the way that SH is angry about that).  Rather, it's the revelation of AJ's feelings that has tipped her balance.  The hardest part, I imagine, is that normally she would talk out her feelings with Angela but that's no longer an option. 

It was really sweet of Zhi Xiang inviting her to use him as a confidant.  When she protested that he might grow weary of her, and he replied that he would never feel that way about her (or something like that -- not a direct translation), my heart broke a little for him.  Can we send him to one of Huan's dating events?  He needs someone awesome too!

Honestly, my heart was breaking all over the place in Episode 63.  That was really tough watching SH lash out at AJ like that.  I think some of that anger is deserved, but in usual SH fashion, he's hot-headed and goes overboard.  Meanwhile AJ so desperately wants to make things right, and is even stepping out of his comfort zones to do so.  Gah.  It's a messy situation.

And things are going to start getting messier as we move back into Momo's background story.  Poor thing. It's like she's getting battered from all sides.

Momo's story is kinda complicated. Other than romance, she also has to deal with Empress. I can't imagine the thing with An Jhie went overboard. Gosh...I really hope Momo take Zhi Xiang as confidant. She needs someone to vent out her frustration. Zhi Xiang is indeed awesome character... *thumbsup* 

I agree with all of you, I don't understand why they havent brought back Papa Wang yet for Momo's delicate issues. SInce this is the family drama from the start, it's only right when Papa Wang also solves the problem. Oh well... in my side the frustration of Momo's arc hasn't arrived yet. So in the moment I will just enjoy this for the next eps (still waiting eps 57 hahaha)

5bu4x.png

P.S: Guys, please tell me when Papa Wang arrive. Please... I already miss him :vicx:

My God. I just finished tonight episode. Momo seems so devastated!! My heart aches so much as I watch this episode. 

Placing myself in momo position, I would not know how to settle this issue. Momo is of the same age as me, hahah. 

Did grandma sent father a text regarding this issue? During the grandmother voice over she apologised to father for not being able to maintain the secrect. 

What i like about this drama is that each and every single family member knows about the fact that when one of them is down, the rest will be there for him or her. Kinship , must it be blood related? I do not think so. Its how you interact with each other and the values you were brought up with.

Ok i did a fanboy squeal when mo and aj was shown in the preview.

Hard to say whether Grandma texted Dad or not.  The voiceover started right after she flipped her phone shut, but was the voiceover saying out loud what she'd texted to her son?  Or was she flipping the phone shut because she'd just finished her call with Boss and was now saying out loud what she was thinking in her head?  It's so hard to know.  I'm hoping she did text Dad, and that he comes home because of it.  In the preview stills for the next episode, there was one of Grandma, Wen, and Huan at the dinner table and they all look back at the door.  Certainly, it could be that Momo came home and they were reacting to that, but I'm really hoping they're reacting to the arrival of Dad.  Even as I hope though, I'm trying to keep my expectations low . . . I don't want to be set up for disappointment.

I can't imagine what Momo must be going through right now.  Knowing her though and how considerate she always is of everyone around her, I can guess that in addition to feeling conflicted about herself and the new wrinkle in her relationship with Boss, she is probably also thinking about and worrying over Boss and how Boss is feeling about things.  Can't you see that being the case?

I agree that the core of the Wang family is the best part of this drama.  And even though I knew what would be coming--so you'd think I would've been better prepared--I surprised myself by how emotional I still got watching this particular episode.  It was heartbreaking to see Momo's struggle, but it was also heartwarming to see the rest of the family members come together immediately to reassure Momo that nothing had changed and that nothing would ever change because she would be forever one of theirs. 

Having said that, the thought did cross my mind that saying things would never change was kind of naive and simplistic because the fact of the matter is, things have changed.  Momo does have another mother.  That doesn't make her less of a Wang though, and I think when all the dust has settled they'll discover that this doesn't have to be a bad thing and that their lives can be enriched through the addition of another member of the family.  After all, they'd already accepted Boss as Queen's goddaughter.  This just brings her that much more into the fold.  It's just going to take them time to arrive at that point.

On another note, just wanted to mention that my favorite moment of this episode was when Grandma made the soup for Momo and told her about how even from Momo's infancy she knew her likes and dislikes, and how even as she grew older, even if Momo didn't say anything, she knew what Momo was thinking.  I think those stories really served to highlight that it doesn't take being a blood relation to know a person through and through.  It's like how Shang Hao and Momo were raised to think that what happened to one would be felt by the other, and that became true.  I hope Momo will hold onto that knowledge as she works to sort out her feelings.

Finally, regarding Momo and AJ in the previews, I'm so glad she will be allowing herself to rely on him!  I was just thinking how difficult it must be for Momo to not even have Angela to talk to during this time, but looks like this new development will help resolve their other problem.  So glad.

Just finished ep 66 ~ this ep was so perfect it was all that I wanted from AJ and MM  :wub:

I love it! I love it! I love it! I just knew AJ would be the bridge between MM and the empress and he did such a great job ~ he was sensitive towards MM's feelings so he spoke in a gentle and comforting tone the entire time. But he remained impartial on the whole situation, explaining to MM clearly what happened on the side of the empress.  

But their interactions took a weird turn tho, like they have not confirmed their feelings for each other, or rather, MM has not returned his feelings. But suddenly he is doing all the things that a boyfriend would. Like stroking her hair, hugging her, holding her hand and even promising to always be with her. Like I thought he would be keeping his distance and conforting her as a friend, since the r/n between them is so unclear rn, even he said so himself at the beginning of the ep and WTH MM did not do anything to reject his rather intimate actions so what exactly is their r/n rn .. I am super confused See this is what you get when you dont solve one problem at a time damn you scriptwriters :angry:

With all that has transpired I feel kinda bad for Xiang xiang, the saying "love is all about timing" could never be more apt to describe his position. Despite being a strong AJ-MM shipper, I feel that Xiang Xiang also has his merits. Esp when MM was moody during the Angela incident, he was the one who allowed her to return to her normal self. So I believe AJ and XX are actually similar in many ways which make both a suitable match for MM. However, this monumental incident , in which MM needs the most support and care happened when XX is in the army so he is disadvantaged from the beginning as he is not even allowed the chance to show that he too can comfort her as well as AJ did. Also the pivotal incident is an incident which invloves the empress, someone who AJ knows very well and someone who XX knows little of. This then again puts XX at a disadvantage as he would only be able to comfort MM down but is unable to go a step further by helping her see the situation more objectively.  So yea I really think that XX would have had a better chance with MM if he had met her under different circumstances and at a different time (ie when  he is not serving the army). 

Hmmm and I like the conflict that MM is feeling at first I thought she would be conflicted about her place in the wang family but rather, she's conflicted about whether she should forgive the empress. She obviously will forgive her in the end but I am curious as to how this all will fold out. (and yes the dad needs to appear in order for this storyline to be more complete) 

Huh.  So according to one fan's post on the drama's FB page, trailers for the next drama are already out.  This leads them to believe the drama will conclude as planned and they fear the dad won't come back.  (Note: That's my understanding based on poor reading skills cobbled together with FB's crappy auto translations.)  :(

Huh.  So according to one fan's post on the drama's FB page, trailers for the next drama are already out.  This leads them to believe the drama will conclude as planned and they fear the dad won't come back.  (Note: That's my understanding based on poor reading skills cobbled together with FB's crappy auto translations.)  :(

Haha, i was just reading about the discussion on facebook as well. They speculated that father would already have stopped filming and went on with his other project. ( He earns hella lot more in china ) They are afraid that father would just appear in the last episode and take a family photo and that's all. 

It had been 17 days without father already. Gosh, what is SANLI producers thinking? Everybody is here cause of father's role in this drama. The mighty ret colonel, whom is deeply respected among all. 

Yea the new show is coming out soon. I think they had a meet the press conference a few days back? Sigh, this means its the end of this wonderful drama soon. 

The preview was the landing of an airplane.. I really hope that it was Father, but it turned out to be Director.. sigh... 

There was once they tricked us with the preview of the landing of an airplane? Who did it turned out to be? I forgot...

But if there happens to be anymore plane sighting I would be hesitant because father is afraid of taking airplanes. Brother Lu drove him to a harbor in his taxi remember! Hahaha.

Anyway, An Jie was just so charming in his own ways when treating momo.. hope he treats her well.. 

Haha, i was just reading about the discussion on facebook as well. They speculated that father would already have stopped filming and went on with his other project. ( He earns hella lot more in china ) They are afraid that father would just appear in the last episode and take a family photo and that's all. 

It had been 17 days without father already. Gosh, what is SANLI producers thinking? Everybody is here cause of father's role in this drama. The mighty ret colonel, whom is deeply respected among all. 

Yea the new show is coming out soon. I think they had a meet the press conference a few days back? Sigh, this means its the end of this wonderful drama soon. 

The preview was the landing of an airplane.. I really hope that it was Father, but it turned out to be Director.. sigh... 

There was once they tricked us with the preview of the landing of an airplane? Who did it turned out to be? I forgot...

But if there happens to be anymore plane sighting I would be hesitant because father is afraid of taking airplanes. Brother Lu drove him to a harbor in his taxi remember! Hahaha.

Anyway, An Jie was just so charming in his own ways when treating momo.. hope he treats her well.. 

See, I don't really get that.  You'd think they would've worked out any scheduling conflicts with the actor prior to contracting and filming.  I mean, it's not like they're in the middle of extensions and the actor's like, "Well that's great you want to extend but I had all these other prior commitments."  We're still within the planned 70 episodes.

That's why I completely understand why not every character is in each episode -- 1) it's not necessary, and 2) it allows them to carry out any other schedules they might have.  But you mix it in!  Dad's been absent for far too long now. 

If they bring him back for a photo-op at the end, that will be pathetic and wrong on so many levels.  The entire description of the drama retires around the dad! 

Bitter Sweet started out wonderfully, and stayed wonderful for a long time, but now that we're approaching the finish line, it's like they've decided to limp towards the end rather than finishing up strong.  :(

As for the airplane landings . . . I'm not sure anybody returned after the first preview showed an airplane landing!  I think it may have been a complete fake out.  All I remember is that there was the bugle call and the older sisters thought it was dad, but it turned out to be Mo playing a recording.  If it did precede someone returning from a trip, it had to be Pighead because he's the only other person who's traveled abroad (apart from Director, Dad, and Tian Tian's grandmother).  But I can't really remember either.

Wow, why do I keep see Taiwanese ranting on fb that father went to China to film? I mean won't this be very unprofessional and disgusting. Father is of Taiwanese decent and he still said at the press conference what's a Chinese drama without me! 

Everybody said he is at China filming. But do we have concrete proof? No official updates or what. But I just dug out a real fun fact. In real life shang Hao and father are godfather and godson relationship!

So I guess the focus today would be on director trying to woo shangwen. Boring man. Now everyday I look forward to the preview at the end hoping that there is father.

I read a really absurd and hilarious comment on fb. A fellow audience said that lu ge actually drove father to the Intel division and both are working hard to find out who is the guy who dumped empress's. Hahah. 

Wow, why do I keep see Taiwanese ranting on fb that father went to China to film? I mean won't this be very unprofessional and disgusting. Father is of Taiwanese decent and he still said at the press conference what's a Chinese drama without me! 

Everybody said he is at China filming. But do we have concrete proof? No official updates or what. But I just dug out a real fun fact. In real life shang Hao and father are godfather and godson relationship!

So I guess the focus today would be on director trying to woo shangwen. Boring man. Now everyday I look forward to the preview at the end hoping that there is father.

I read a really absurd and hilarious comment on fb. A fellow audience said that lu ge actually drove father to the Intel division and both are working hard to find out who is the guy who dumped empress's. Hahah. 

Haha.  That's a really creative suggestion for Wang Daddy's whereabouts.  Gotta love those netizens. 

As for everyone else's speculation that Kou Shi Xun is filming in China, I believe it's because in recent years he's actually been more active in China than in Taiwan.  I know when my mother found out I was watching this drama and learned he was in it, she was surprised.  She said it'd been a while since he was in a Taiwanese drama.  And I think in one of his press release appearances for this drama, he even commented about how he was glad to be 'coming home' to participate.  Which too suggests that he films mostly in China these days.  I'm not even sure how anymore, but I was even given the impression at one point that China was his primary residence.

P.S. Forgot to say, is it wrong that I find Wen/Director to be a total snooze?  If we're going to get some lovey-dovey scenes, can't it be between Huan and YF?  :P

Guest everlarking

Oh dear, now I'm not so looking forward for the next episodes because eps 55-58 are like heaven for me (SH and YF woohoo, Shang Hao and F4, Momo and An Jhie, and SHao and AMX). Dang, can I expect more YuFan scenes?! I cant get enough of YF-SH :wub:

Aside of YF-SH, I'm also looking forward for AMX-SHao! They're both comical and SHao is friggin dense :sweatingbullets:. Spoiler for both AMX-SHao please... hahaha

So most likely Papa Wang will only return in the last eps?? :tears: I'm so disappointed tho' with how the story going. The series started with Papa Wang settled down to take care his family, but the puff he disappeared when the family members face critical problems (Empress and Momo arc). The essence of the series just vaporize when Papa Wang left. 

Aside of YF-SH, I'm also looking forward for AMX-SHao! They're both comical and SHao is friggin dense :sweatingbullets:. Spoiler for both AMX-SHao please... hahaha

Since you asked!

Hao and AMX are hilarious.  They care about each other but they are so quick to argue!  It's because they both tend to be rash in their behavior, but the good news is they're also quick to make up.  :)

AMX's dad wants to send her on matchmaking dates.  To preempt his interference, she gets in touch with Huan and asks her to help set up a dating event so that she doesn't actually have to meet anybody and still appease her dad.  Huan is only too eager to assist and even enlists Pighead's help.  The two of them throw a swanky dating event that pleases AMX's father, but Hao ends up crashing the event after hearing from Momo that AMX went to a dating event.  Fortunately, Huan was on hand to help explain everything so Hao was quickly appeased.  Unfortunately, AMX's father returned to the event right around this time (he'd left to go pick up her aunt) and figured out that the event was all for show and not real.  He also learned that Hao was the son of a army officer and made it clear that he didn't like the military. 

Hao's been wondering since what's so bad about the military (and so have we!  No details yet as to what's the deal with AMX's dad).  In the meantime, AMX goes to visit Hao at the barracks.  He wants to know why she's there when he knows her father wouldn't approve.  She misunderstands that as Hao saying that he won't date her just because her father opposes their relationships and stalks off without giving him a chance to explain.  In today's episode (67), she visits him again.  This time she'd heard from Huan all about the business with Momo and wanted to make sure Hao was doing okay.  He takes the opportunity to explain what he'd meant the last time they saw each other -- that he didn't want to be the cause for a soured relationship between her and her father -- and she realizes that she was too impulsive last time.  She's so quick to get over everything that Hao can't help but be surprised.  She's so unlike any other girl he's ever known, and of course AMX doesn't like hearing that.  Haha -- if it's not one thing, it's another.  Happily, they end their date sharing tasty cookies that AMX brought with her.

Incidentally, i's really cute watching Hao's sisters gang up on him to tease him about AMX -- especially after AJ accidentally let slip some of the details Hao had shared with him when he thought AJ was Angela.  :P

According to an article someone linked on FB, Daddy Wang is coming back.

I'd be more excited for the news if it wasn't basically just in time for the drama's ending.  Has me rolling my eyes more than excited.

So much for the whole -- a father retires to spend more time with his children -- angle of the drama.  They've always said he wasn't the type of person to run away from his troubles.  A break was one thing; we all need a vacation from time to time.  But this extended absence is definitely starting to feel like the former.  I think that's what's most bothersome about it -- it's quite out of character.

Details of show format

Omg, saw the picture above on bittersweet fb. A fan posted it. Does this means that next monday would be the last episode of bittersweet? Noooooo!!

Yeap! Hopefully father is back like today.. not on a friday please...

Gosh, just ended episode 70, it seems to wrap up the individual love life of each Wangs' sister. Mo and AnJie are so adorable together. Biggest sis seems so fortunate and blessed with director. Both gave up the shot at Japan fashion centre to be at Taiwan to spend time with each other as they find it the most important thing to them as a couple.

The only weird thing is that we are so close till the end of the drama already but SHuan and Yufan relationship do not seem that sturdy to me. Sigh, will pig head have a last shot at Shuan? Hahhahah. Team pighead here. I mean there is a reason why she gets to choose whose motorbike to get on at the opening credit song right hahahah.

Btw there is a MEET THE FANS session for a closure event of the show. It is 01NOV2015 GMT+8 1300 hours in taiwan. Apparently they opened up to 600 fans. It will be shown live stream as well ( just like any other sanli events) Hope you fans get to catch the last moment of this cast as Monday would be the last episode already. Sigh, father is not back yet

Archived