Bae Yong Joon 배용준

Admin

Hi bb,

Sure you can call me Pat or my initial Pach.

Yeh YJ is so cute when he smiles they have done a great job.

I wish you will see more artworks from byjtogether soon.

Cheers,

Pat

Guest frances

actually the guestbook is on the left column,

right under her name, you know the one with the clipboard icon?

when you mouse over, you can see that the link says 'guest'.

anyway, here's the direct link to her guestbookpage.

i left my mark in nagajun's blog last night :) thanks a bunch bb !!

got these gifs from shieshie's blog ...

insu and his wife in april snow ~

joon4.gif

O&N 2004 winter collection CF ~

0001104M.gif

Guest frances

From Voice of America News

http://www.voanews.com/english/AmericanLif...10-04-voa24.cfm

Korean Wave Washes Over USA

By Heidi Chang

Honolulu, Hawaii

04 October 2006

Millions of Americans follow the romances, feuds and misadventures of the characters on television soap operas. Many of these daytime melodramas have been on the air for decades, and their successful formula has been reproduced in evening prime-time series. Other countries produce these dramas, as well, and South Korean productions have a growing American audience.

Their followers don't get much more passionate than the fans in Hawaii. When South Korean singer and actor Kim Min Jong performed in Honolulu earlier this year, fans went wild, even though many didn't even know what he was crooning about. One young woman called herself 'a blond-haired, blue-eyed Korean fan girl.' "I really love, I love the Korean culture, love the movies to death," she gushed. "I like a lot of the dramas, there's just something about it that just grab me." Another woman in audience, an African-American, chimed in, "I really enjoy the fact that the Korean dramas are really wholesome, they're a lot more wholesome, in their story lines than the American soap operas."

These fans are addicted to Korean television dramas. They say they love the story lines, the good-looking actors, the family values and the music. "Most of the stories are highly emotional," says one. "So you cry a lot, you laugh a lot."

Korean dramas also feature plenty of good old-fashioned romance. But unlike American soaps, there's no steamy sex or violence. That's what appeals to Nora Muramoto, 60. "American dramas are too violent," she says, "they were getting too violent and too much sex involved. And after seeing Korean dramas it was so clean."

Fan-Club1_1.jpg

Nora Muramoto (left) founded the Hawaiian K-Drama Fan Club with her friend Gerrie Nakamura (right).

Muramoto is also drawn to the charismatic and sensitive male characters in the dramas. "As a Japanese-American woman married to a typical Japanese samurai guy, whatever he says goes. And he tends to wear the pants [be the authority] in the family. Whereas the Korean soap opera guys, they're more compassionate, caring, they take care of their wives and you know they communicate well."

Muramoto has gone to South Korea twice to visit the locations where her favorite Korean dramas were filmed. A few years ago, she founded the Hawaii K-Drama Fan Club, with her friend Gerrie Nakamura, who says the dramas inspire a cultural connection. "When Korean dramas came out," she recalls, "I knew that out there, there were pretty, handsome and Asian, just like me, people, that were able to be heroes, you know, they could be the stars and they could be the hunks." She says she felt connected to that.

Korean dramas have been on the air in Hawaii for more than 20 years, longer than anywhere else in the United States. Jeff Chung, a 38-year-old Korean-American, is general manager of KBFD, which in 1989 became the first station in the world to broadcast the dramas with English subtitles.

wintersonataKBFD.1x_210.jpg

Winter Sonata is one of the most popular Korean dramas (Courtesy KBFD)

His favorite Korean drama is Winter Sonata. "It is the drama that really sparked the whole Korean pop culture and Korean drama craze in the world," he says, adding that it was extremely popular in Japan as well as in Honolulu. Chung says his audience and revenues really grew in 2002 with the broadcast of Winter Sonata. "It's a fairytale love story, about finding your first love, when you thought that person had passed away in an accident. And it's a great story."

Unlike the stories on American soap operas, which can continue for years, Korean dramas usually end after 16 or 20 episodes. Theodore Jun Yoo uses the dramas to teach students about Korean culture in his history classes at the University of Hawaii.

jewel-in-palace.jpg

Lee Young-Ae and Ji Jin Hee star in Jewel in the Palace (Courtesy YA Entertainment)

The professor's favorite mini-series is Dae Jang Geum or Jewel in the Palace. The historical drama, set in the 16th century, is based on a true story about a poor orphan, who beats the odds to become the king's first female physician. "For those who don't know the Chosun period, it was a very patriarchal society," he explains. "And to see a woman deal with all kinds of tribulations and overcome them, I think is extremely empowering, but also entertaining."

TV dramas like Jewel in the Palace are part of what's being called the Korean Wave: dramas, movies and pop music from South Korea that have swept across the Hawaiian Islands and are starting to catch on, on the U.S. mainland. Korean dramas are now being shown on TV stations in major cities including Los Angeles, San Francisco, Chicago and New York.

They've been available on DVD with English subtitles since 2003. The Mountain Apple Company began distributing them more than a year ago, and their sales have grown continuously. Company president, Leah Bernstein says she thinks she knows why. "The story has a beginning, it has an end. It has a point. And people are really gravitating towards it. It makes you feel good."

It makes Hollywood feel good, too, good enough to begin producing U.S. versions of more than a dozen Korean films. The first, a remake of the South Korean romantic fantasy Il Mare - also known as Siworae - was released earlier this year as The Lake House.

Guest liezle

hello pat! i also visit www.byjtogether.com and everytime i visit your forum it amazes me to see many guests visiting the forum every night. you know what, i know that there are many thais visiting our thread :) but they seem to be shy to introduce themselves :) btw, i agree with bb, baesmile's works are very nice.

hi there frances! haven't chat with you for a while. hope to chat with you soon :)

have you read the article about yong joon in japanese comic book? you think that Tomine Isse and Yong Joon has any resemblance? :)

200610050000181insert_1.jpg

Guest liezle

I know that this is already old and had been posted before. But last week it surfaced again. I wonder if Yong Joon's dressing room at home still looks the same since he transferred residence.

BYJ's Dressing Room

posted by style in Quilt

downloadphpgrpid16hvbfldid7csbdataid795fileid1dt20060wx5.jpg

downloadphpgrpid16hvbfldid7csbdataid795fileid8dt20060co7.jpg

Guest happiebb

hello pat! i also visit www.byjtogether.com and everytime i visit your forum it amazes me to see many guests visiting the forum every night. you know what, i know that there are many thais visiting our thread :) but they seem to be shy to introduce themselves :) btw, i agree with bb, baesmile's works are

oopsies! i got her name wrong... sorry :sweatingbullets:

Guest liezle

at last the translation :D thanks kyouei and bb :)

[Trans] BYJ Mail 2006/09/29

Original in Japanese: IMX 2006/09/29

Translated into Chinese: Kyouei / 俊心咏恒 loveyongjoon

Translated into English: Happiebb / bb's blog

header060929hx5.jpg

Hello family, how are you? We’re stepping into autumn now, hope everyone’s keeping fine. This time around, we’ve brought you the latest about Bae Yong Joon [bYJ] whom everyone has been missing.

Latest about the Legend

The drama Legend starring BYJ is finally into full-scale filming. This drama is touted to be of the largest production scale and the biggest production budget in the Korean TV history. At the huge and grand filming sets, filming carries on under rather tensed atmosphere.

byj06_01.jpg

byj06_02.jpg

byj06_03.jpg

Most of you would have already seen the latest stills from Legend. The photograph was taken in the countryside of Gyeonggi Do in early September. The smart and very sharp-looking BYJ was practically the Great King Dam Deok himself.

“It’s precisely because of the long period of preparation that I’ve come to anticipate the filming even more. The part that describes how Dam Deok matures and becomes the Great King is the prelude to the entire story, and I feel this part has a deep meaning and impact to the entire drama.” This was how BYJ had expressed his drive and passion towards the drama.

This drama is expected to be aired in Korea in March 2007, and in Japan, the tentative date for airing is April 2007 [TV station still undecided]. At the same time, the aim is also to distribute the drama to 90 countries all over the world, including Japan, and there’s also a plan to sell a DVD of the drama making. Come next month there’re plans for outdoor shooting in Kyrgyzstan and Jeju. As Legend enters into an even more intense shooting stage, there’ll be more for us to look forward to!

Report of BYJ’s CF Filming – SECOM

This time, we bring to you the report for the filming of the latest SECOM CF, where the fact that BYJ donned a SECOM uniform had become a hot topic for discussion. Believe that most of you would have discovered a new charm and appeal in BYJ in this rare image of him with long-time-no-see short hair and uniform. And after reading this report, it’s also entirely possible that you will feel differently about the CF.

byj06_04.jpg

On a certain day in August 2006, when the average temperature in Korea was at its highest, the SECOM CF filming took place in a certain big studio under the temperature of over 30 degree Celsius. “Please do give me your support and assistance!” BYJ said this in Japanese the moment he arrived at the set, and was immediately engaged in discussion with the team with a serious expression.

byj06_05.jpg

The wonderfully and thoughtfully created hairstyle… At first glance, it didn’t even look like a wig

In addition, the uniform used in this CF was also specially customized and tailored according to BYJ’s physique. BYJ had undergone a body sculpting regime for Legend and at the time of the CF shooting, his body was nearing perfection. With distinguished facial features, a face that’s got a smooth shape, and that body inthat gray uniform… all helped to create a very smart and awe-inspiring look.

byj06_06.jpg

“If you want to protect yourself, your family…” The lines in the CF this time was like a message to all of you, the family, and one could not help but listen intently. And the long lines in Japanese was the result of BYJ’s diligence.

The manager present at the shooting told us that despite his busy daily schedule of having to memorize large chunks of lines from the drama script, BYJ had specially gotten a language CD from Japan to practise, especially in areas or words that he was not so good at.

Although he did not make even one mistake during the CF filming, and the director had given the OK, BYJ still insisted on going over the lines repeatedly until he himself was satisfied. With regard to his display of high professionalism every time, the people who had worked with him all looked up to him with much admiration.

From the security preparation when he came to Japan, to Gosireh and his home in Korea, SECOM security systems were used. No matter at work or otherwise, BYJ has a close link with SECOM, so naturally when it came to the filming of SECOM CFs, he was full of drive and enthusiasm. The image of him holding the safety helmet gave the viewers a very strong sense of safety and security, and that fitted the CF concept perfectly and seamlessly.

byj06_07.jpg

The scene of him walking in the studio, his long legs were mesmerizing, capturing everyone’s eyes. Even if in a CF scene, his superb physique was still so eye-catching.

The truth is the studio was very hot during the shooting; even if one were to just stand there and not move, one would still be perspiring. BYJ was clad in a long-sleeved uniform, wearing a wig and the assistants would fan him when he was resting, or they would bring him some iced water. It really was so unbearably hot, but you really could not tell at all from his expression. The look in his eyes was gentle and calm, it was as though he was feeling very comfortable and at ease. This is what we call an actor, he has bowled us over once again with his acting ability.

Brokore Magazine, No. 7

Revisiting the Places with BYJ’s Trail

The latest issue of Brokore magazine No. 7 had Jo Han San on the cover would be released on 5th October. This issue contains many previously undisclosed photographs of BYJ when he visited Japan in July this year. It’s an interview feature of ‘It’s Been Awhile, I’m BYJ’, with linking pictures that tell a story. The different pictures, the different scenes and places and the different times, so what do the people who had worked at those scenes think of BYJ? We’ve asked for their thoughts.

mail9vn9.jpg

After you’ve read this, you will definitely see something behind these pictures. And how did the IMX crew assist and support BYJ’s Japan visit? We too share a little of our work with you here.

1. Manager

Q. Please share some of the more interesting stories at the airport.

[brokore Magazine, pg. 31]

A: This trip to Japan involved more than ten people, including BYJ. The team’s personal effects and the various outfits and things that had been prepared for BYJ, there were more than ten pieces of luggage. When we took in consideration the number of people and the bags, we had prepared a van for them to move from the airport to the hotel.

And we also prepared a big piece of plastic sheet, that’s to prevent the bags from getting wet when we move them around, just in case it rained. Thank God the skies showed mercy that day! We were able to move BYJ’s clothes with peace of mind.

And in the vehicle that BYJ was being driven in, we had even prepared mineral water and chocolates. When we arrived at the hotel and checked the interior of the vehicle, the chocolates were all gone. He must have liked them! ^_^

byj06_08.jpg

Q. Please share some interesting stories from the CF shooting at Gosireh.

[brokore Magazine, pg. 32]

A. In order to get to the upper floor to discuss about work, everyone took the lift. At that time, the lift was already very packed with seven to eight people, including myself. But BYJ did not mind at all, and squeezed into the lift. Looking at how he was chatting and laughing with the crew, he broke the ice easily and we all felt close and familiar.

2. Photography Crew

Q. Please share some of the interesting stories at the carpark.

[brokore Magazine, pg. 32]

A. We would keep very close contact with the manager who was riding with BYJ in the vehicle, in order that we could established BYJ’s arrival, and we would wait and prepare ourselves to receive him at the designated drop-off point ten minutes ahead of his arrival.

No matter what type of vehicle BYJ was in, they would all have doors on both sides, so we even had to check his seating position and confirm which side of the vehicle he would be alighting from. And in particular, we have to be alert because the directions of the vehicle and how we’re standing to wait for them are usually the opposite, and there were occasions in the past that we’d failed because of this. [he laughed]

mail11kr1.jpg

Q. This photograph taken at the carpark is an example, it seems that there’re a lot more pictures of BYJ taken when he’s moving. Why is that so?

A. Because when we edit his movements throughout the trip, such shots are very good points to begin. Besides, to illustrate how he moved from one location to the next, these pictures are better able to capture him at his most natural and and real self.

Q. What do you specially look out for and what is the most difficult when you’re taking his pictures?

A. When taking this picture of him at the carpark, I was walking backwards and facing BYJ who was walking towards me as I was taking his pictures. But along the way, the road was sloping and there were staircases, so it was quite difficult. [he laughed]

As for what to take special note of… When BYJ is confined in a small space together with the rest of the crew, we tend to take fewer pictures or not at all, for instance in the lift.

And when we take photographs, not only do we have to capture him, we also have to capture the surrounding ambience and feel into the pictures. For instance, the waving family who are standing behind him, the crew he is talking to, and also the general direction of his line of sight, etc.

For instance, let’s talk about the pictures taken when he visited Gosireh. There’re walls, ceilings, chairs, tables and also the restaurant staff who were talking to him, the managers, etc. All these things surrounding and around him would have to be captured as well. But in small and confined areas like the lift, there’s little change in the atmosphere. I’m sure all of us can understand this. So when we’re taking the lift, we will generally just watch the buttons indicating the levels quietly.

Also, when we capture the surrounding as well, we can avoid focusing on BYJ directly all the time, and this will also prevent him from feeling too tensed.

3. Marketing/PR Staff

Q. Please share some of the interesting stories from the press conference.

[brokore Magazine, pg. 36]

A. That day we had about 60 people from the media. Last year when we conducted the promotional activity for April Snow at the Super Arena, there were over 200 media professionals. The number this time was much smaller. Because the press conference was held at the first level of Gosireh, where chairs and tables were removed to free up space, we faced some constraints.

Before the press conference started, we had already briefed the media about the route that BYJ would be taking, where he would be standing, and also the flow of the event and other details. Therefore the various photographers and camera crew from the TV stations, magazines and newspapers were able to capture BYJ’s every move, not missing anything at all. And they were also able to plan and position themselves so that they could find the best possible angle.

Although the space was small and somewhat restricted, but with regard to the spot where BYJ would be giving his speech, whether he should walk towards the left or the right after coming down from the second level, we did quite a few trial runs.

How everyone was able to see on TV BYJ’s natural actions and gestures as well as his address, his professional and smart movements, all these were the result of intricate planning in advance.

mail12gw9.jpg

So, we get to relive BYJ’s Japan visit through the reflections of the IMX staff. Now let us hear what Mr Toru Kumagai has to say about the charm of BYJ. Mr Kumagai had captured BYJ through his video-camera and seen him through the viewfinder throughout his entire Japan trip.

[* bb: thanks, tomato, for helping me with the name.]

Q. Do share how you feel after seeing BYJ through the viewfinder.

A: Although there’re times when I think he seems a little tired, but overall, his body is really very solid and beautiful, but the overall feel seems to be a bit on the thin side. I could very strongly feel his professionalism through how sensitively and swiftly he can adapt to official work environment and private time.

Q. What do you specially look out for and what is the most difficult when you’re filming him?

A. As there were always many other crew members at almost every location, to capture BYJ himself into my viewfinder is a difficult task by itself. The only time I could do this with ease was during the CF filming. Because the light from the flash is very strong and bright, I also had to take care not to cause him stress or tension.

Q: Which angle is BYJ at his handsomest?

A: Absolutely, his side profile!

So? In order to bring a more real BYJ for all of you, and also to help the family understand more about the people who work with or around him, we went ahead and did this series of interviews. And from the feedback we’d obtained from all quarters, we’ve come to a consensus: BYJ is someone with extremely high professionalism.

In order that we too match up to his professional standards, we too will continue to work hard in future, and we hope to have your support, as always.

This trip to Japan was able to happen smoothly due to the various assistance and support from parties such as the police, the security company, the hotel, the airport and others. Here, we would like to thank everyone, as well as the family who have always given us endless rounds of support. At the same time, we would like to offer our apology once again to the neighbours and residents near Gosireh, and we too hope to have your support and care from now on.

ello ello...

just wanna say hello here to evone ^^

dont know me? nvm im just one of u hahaha...

i really want to visit soompi more often but things r so fast n so many here that i sometimes get confused...hmm mayb im old :P

see...there r so many other things to see other than yj here...

so sometimes i do get distracted haha oopss...

anyway great work ladies for keeping this thread here..

AJA !!

Guest liezle

hey hey hey look who is here...hello yokee! thanks for dropping by again.

hee, soompi is a buffet of kimchis [hot men :D]. but you know what? this is a test for us if we really are loyal to the person whom we really idolize. been a member here for more than 2 yrs. i like many kimchis but there is only one kimchi that i think will love and will never get tired of for a long time.

hope you'll drop by more often :) see you around baeland sis!

Guest jaimez

hi hi yokee, hip hip hooray! what a pleasant surprise to see you here! What 'fone' (wind) blows you here dear? :P

liezle is so right, everytime I come to soompi, I have to fight the temptations (actually it's more curiosity) from clicking at other K-stars. There is no fastpath that we can come straight to here (have they permanently disabled the search engine?). Ummmm...... is it their scheme to force us reading through screen after screen of other K-stuffs before coming to our handsome BYJ?? ;)

I have to thank soompi though that I actually get to learn about other stars and dramas while I am searching for BYJ thread. That really opens up my eyes to the whole K-entertainment arena. Hehe, thanks to frances and liezle, they always keep him within the first 2 pages! :D (actually, if I can't find him after the 2nd page, I would go back and see if I have missed his name!) B)

Guest liezle

hey jaime! actually the search engine had been disabled since last year when soompi crashed for the very first time last year. the admin said that it eats up a lot of space in the server. but i do hope that they bring it back. btw, may i suggest that you bookmark this thread so that you won't have to go through scanning pages? it'll be a lot easier :)

[M/V] BYJ since 1972

posted by tigger mom / http://cafe.daum.net/byjgallery in Quilt

check this out!

Birthday Gift by 가을하늘 (2004.08.12)

http://flvs.daum.net/flvPlayer.swf?vid=D8hW_R288TM$

Guest happiebb

(actually, if I can't find him after the 2nd page, I would go back and see if I have missed his name!)

hehe.... i do the same thing!

WOw..hello yokee...!!!!

===========================================

These days I go into different threads too..to "kay poh" on other K-stars. Without Yong Joon, I wouldn't even know this site! what more all these k-stars.

ha..guilty guilty, I am not loyal..not loyal...

Guest dragonbaby

HI All!

Been trying to catch up on the latest posts.

Much THANKS to all of you who keep us up-to-date and who share anything and everything regarding YJ.

I do appreciate everything YOU ALL do for this site.

Keep up the good work!!!

Cheers! B)

Guest liezle

Old Scanned photos

original source is www.ForeverBYJ.com.

Yippeungoyangyi(pretty cat) posted this on the Freeboard of the Daum.net's byj Cafe.

reposted by joanne in Quilt

musiclifeapr16zk1.jpg

musiclifeapr25pz7.jpg

musiclifeapr26df8.jpg

Hi all,

How nice YJ ate those chocholates?

I am please to know that BYJtogether site has been visited by you guys quite often, I told them that you like their artworks.

Cheers,

Pat

Guest liezle

hello pat! have a great day :) geez, i think we all miss yong joon. there has not much news lately.

More Old Scanned photos

original source is www.ForeverBYJ.com.

Yippeungoyangyi(pretty cat) posted this on the Freeboard of the Daum.net's byj Cafe.

reposted by joanne in Quilt

musiclifeapr17nh0.jpg

musiclifeapr18ic0.jpg

musiclifeapr21pp9.jpg

musiclifeapr27pj3.jpg

I agree YJ has never changed especially those cute smiles..

If you have a chance you can visit byjtogether.com our Thaisister has done a great job.

There YJ VOD is really amazing..

Pat