Bae Yong Joon 배용준

Admin

Guest frances

an old article but worth reading again :)

Gaeulyeoja posted this on the Talk Box of BYJ's official home

translation from korean to english by Joanne in Quilt

BYJ as told by Ms. Kim Haesook

kimwg6.jpg

Ms. Kim Haesook is the actress who was Yoojin's mother in 'WLS' and Kang Jaeho's mother in the 'Have We Really Loved'.

This seems to be from her interview in Japan when she visited there to promote her book on WLS.

As we wanted to hear, she told us stories about YJ-ssi.

Although there is a saying that God gave each person only one talent, she said that YJ-ssi is a perfect person.

Not only he is good-looking, he is very diligent & perfect and takes care of people around him, so that she even felt jealousy about the fact that there exists a person like that.

Although he might give tender impression like woman, he is actually manly, brave and courteous, she told. All of us there at the event venue agreed on this comment and nodded while listening to her story. Although we think that we know all the facts about YJ-ssi, when we hear the same story from people who actually worked with him, we have more confidence.

She told that (actors) become exhausted to the extent they cannot express it by words. because so-called mini-series in Korea, that are dramas like WLS or Autumn Fable, are aired twice in a week. We have seen an NG video in which Director Yoon Seokho fell into sleep after giving out cue sign. Although YJ-ssi did not feel well in the end part of the 'WLS', as he had to continue to work, he had to have (intravenous) infusion.

Staff messed up the sets as they fell into sleep while standing. It is not surprising that YJ-ssi snored while sleeping when he filmed a scene of lying down in bed. The problem was a fight against cold weather. Although it is also in her book, she told that she never once saw YJ-ssi to rub his hands or rub his shoulders despite the cold weather.

He is really professional! We can only imagine how hard he had worked.

We remember that YJ-ssi walked on a ski resort fighting against cold weather with his hands stuck into pockets and of course, it was when he acted!!

Ms. Kim Haesook said that she particularly kept in her memory the scene where Jaeho met her again after he became blind in the 'Have We Really Loved?'. There was a scene where they communicated to each other by writing letters on his palm, as Jaeho could neither see or hear, and YJ-ssi acted very beautifully those complicated and delicate scenes with tremendous control and technique. Se told that, although it was not shown in the drama, she saw that tear dropped on YJ-ssi's face in the end of the scene.

[YJ-nim's message sent for publication of a book by Ms. Kim Haesook]

"I had the pleasure of working together with mother Kim Haesook in many films.

I was very excited upon hearing that a book filled with Ms. Kim Haesook's stories will be out to the world. I wish that it becomes a book that is remembered by many readers."

BYJ

Guest charlotte

hello!

i wanted to know who's BYJ's girlfriend as of now.

Another thing.. where can i find the threads regarding Winter Sonata and his relationship with Choi Ji woo?

I want to see interview clips and text.

Tnx again...

:D

hello!

Another thing.. where can i find the threads regarding Winter Sonata and his relationship with Choi Ji woo?

Tnx again...

hello!

Tnx again...

Guest Marikoo

contrary to reports from others, i think that bjy is quite popular here. been asking some of the koreans we're able to talk to and whenever i mention his name they would go "oh byj! yes i know him." :D btw, i didn't only asked about him from ladies but from gents too :)

hi sis liezle! How's your trip so far?

I'm sure he's popular in Korea.

He will not stay this long in K-biz if he is not.

Those who's talking bad about him are just jealous

of his popularity abroad.

I hope you'll have the chance to meet him in person

so you'll see that he's not photogenic.

He's sooo good looking in person.

Guest frances

thanks so much to bb and close2yj for sharing this priceless YJ series.

the more i read about yong joon the more i admire him :)

posted in bb's blog

bb wrote ~~

following my posting on WLS Part 2 of the Following YJ's Trail series, next comes a piece that looks at the post-WLS days. and what heydays those were...

once again, would like to thank chinese fan Close2yj for her tirless effort in gathering and collating the news and articles and then setting them out into this priceless gem of a series. and as usual, i would input my own thoughts [in pink, as usual], the revelant hyperlinks [in bold green italics, as usual] and also pictures to tease and tantalize your eyes... enjoy...

Original in Chinese: Close2yj / loveyongjoon

Translated into English: Happiebb / bb's blog

The Second Wave

wave1.jpg

WLS brought Yong Joon a second peak in his career since Chan Woo from First Love. With WLS, he won the 2002 Baeksang Arts Awards for The Most Popular Actor, and he also won Best KBS Actor and Most Popular KBS Actor.

wave29.jpg

wave30.jpg

With the enormous success and financial gains brought about by WLS, whatever unhappiness KBS had with Yong Joon was also forgotten. This was evidenced by how KBS had awarded him with the two biggest awards that year, and in March 2002, KBS also introduced a program, Reflecting on BYJ’s Past Works, whereby the Korean TV views saw the repeat telecast of his old works such as First Love and Papa.

Many people had thought that Yong Joon who had left the entertainment scene for a good two years would never bring back the glory of First Love era. But Yong Joon had proven them wrong. Not only did he reclaim his popularity, he in fact scaled even greater heights.

Post-WLS, Yong Joon then went on to command the highest of CF appearance fees. At that time, he even set a record of receiving some 15 CF offers in a single month and eventually netted an income of 5 billion Korean Won [uS$5.25m] all in a month’s work.

His healthy and clean image made the perfect spokesperson for brands and products, bringing to mind descriptions such as ‘most trustworthy’ and ‘most reliable’. The companies that had hired him to represent their brands and products all benefited immensely from it.

After airing the unit trust CF with Yong Joon as the model, a Korean financial and investment institute [KITC] attracted as high as 104.4 billion Korean Won [uS$110m] in just 20 days! That became the highest ever sales record the industry had seen.

wave2.jpg

As for LG, in the three months following the credit card CFs featuring Yong Joon, they saw their credit card members’ expenditure reaching 3.79 billion Korean Won [uS$4m] , this was higher than their competitors by a good 30-40%. [bb: err, this is slightly off-topic, but there's a rather nice clip of wuri yong joon making a LG credit card CF with LYA in early 2003. just in case you haven't watched it, you can download it here.]

JM water filter system created some sales of 12.5 billion Korean Won [uS$13m] in a month with their BYJ water filter campaign. [bb: if you haven't watched the making of the JM water filter CF wuri yong joon did with CJW, you just have to! click here to watch.]

wave8.jpg

wave3.jpg

And, CP Company that had sponsored and loaned out their clothes to Yong Joon for the drama reported a year-on-year growth of 74-88% in sales. The white Ford Explorer that he had driven in WLS became the best-selling imported car in Korea…

The BYJ Effect broke and created so many new records that his name became a legend in itself. In fact, his name was synonymous with ‘Money Making Machine’ and ‘the Walking Corporation’.

The usually low profile and somewhat shy Yong Joon also heeded the advice of a fellow worker and tried new things, explored new grounds. On 22nd April 2002, he became one of the models in the Andre Kim fashion show that was held in the Opera House in Sydney to celebrate the World Cup. Together with Choi Jiwoo, the couple showcased Andre Kim’s clothes, whose signature style is that of fantasy and old-style aristocracy.

That was Yong Joon’s first time to step up and model on the runway, he was so nervous his palms were sweating. But still, having worked with Choi Jiwoo for sometime now, the two managed to bring forth an excellent show that was just like a dream, they captivated everyone and captured many hearts on-stage.

wave9.jpg

At that time, there were lots of rumours floating around regarding Yong Joon and his WLS co-star, Choi Jiwoo. During their trip down under, the media concentrated more on speculating their relationship. With regard to how some media totally ignored the cultural exchange that was taking place between Australia and Korea, and how they were more like paparazzi, Yong Joon was quite upset. On his official board, he did not mince words and said,

“The Andre Kim fashion show held in Sydney’s Opera House on 22nd last month was a meaningful even with much significance… However, the media whose responsibility is to accurately report cultural news and guide the public, did something that was even ‘grander’ than this. They picked up a rumour on one of the models and torch the flame. They even made a world-class fashion designer the so-called eyewitness to the scandal.

When I saw what happened, I felt really bad and I was really sorry to Mr Kim, even till now. The attention of the paparazzi now seems to have moved on to somewhere else, perhaps now is the time for me to visit Mr Kim with a bouquet of flowers.”

wave11.jpg

About the CJW rumours, he too made an open clarification.

“The quality of a production relies on the working relationship amongst the people who work together, and also how much feelings and emotions the co-stars bring into the story. Every piece of work goes through the same process, and after the work is finished, everything returns to base, to ground zero.

But this time, there’s something a little different. When returning back to ground zero, I retain a certain something. It’s something like worrying about and caring for someone. At the same time, I’m so curious as to why this time, I just refuse to go back to square one. I don’t feel like giving up this feeling.”

wave15.jpg

wave16.jpg

[bb: There are several variations to this story, I’m not sure which is which. Yong Joon did leave a message on his official board about how after WLS, he could not retract from the character like before. He was still caring for someone. Most of the Chinese sites I’ve visited interpreted that as he still cared for CJW.

But I also read on a few other sites that what he really meant was that he still could not retract his feelings for the character he played, not towards CJW. Because I was still considerably quite new at that time, I can’t remember for sure the facts. I guess the original Korean version should be the most accurate. But if he had been vague and did not quite say clearly if he meant the role he played or his beautiful co-star, then it is really anyone’s guess.

But whatever the case was, we can’t deny there seemed to be something special between the two. And even outside of the drama, the two were seen to be rather close and getting along very well.

In the PD’s WLS Diary, there was also a clip of them holding hands as they walked with the rest of the crew when they reached Oedo and were heading for the ‘impossible house’ to film the last episode. If they did not feel something for each other, why were they holding hands outside of the drama? But then again, it’s also quite common for actors and actresses to get so caught up in their roles and the stories that they actually really felt like they were in love.

wave19.jpg

Since they are not an item now, I see no point in speculating whether or not they were indeed together back then. I only wish that Yong Joon had a chance to really love, and also to really love someone, and I hope to see him settle down happily with someone he loves and who loves him.

anyhow, to complete the 'official story, click here for a fan's account of the fashion show, and click here for mr bae's message after the fashion show. also, you can click here to watch a vod from the andre kim fashion show. btw i can't find yong joon's actual message at that time, does anyone have a copy of that?]

Although he did not disguise the attraction he felt, Yong Joon is someone whose values towards love is somewhat old-fashioned and conservative. From initial attraction to love… That road is long, long one, for him anyway. “I’m a careful and conscientious person. At my age, I need to consider long and hard about my life and my future; I also face many responsibilities.”

“When I do meet someone, and if I continue to see her, then the premise is that of marriage.” “It takes a long time to really understand a person. When it comes to real friends, even five years is still too short, let alone developing something like love, that will take even more time, more effort and responsibility.”

[bb: Why am I not surprised? Yong Joon is indeed someone who is serious, too serious sometimes, if you ask me. Maybe one day, when love comes, he won’t even know what has hit him. But he’s sometimes so earnest and serious that I find it terribly endearing!]

wave17.jpg

Under the overly watchful eyes of the media, this special attraction he felt did not get a chance to fully develop or blossom. And about this ‘relationship’, Yong Joon did not say anything more afterwards. We only know that with the passage of time, that maybe-maybe-not relationship has become a thing of the past, even traceless now.

As fans, there’s really no need to go dig any further or to speculate on anything. What he needs from us are our respect for his privacy and our very best wishes for him. That, should be enough.

In June 2002, Yong Joon accepted the offer of the music CD Sympathy II. Together with Cho In Sung, Kim Jae Won, Jang Hyuk, Cha Seung Won,the five men graced the cover of the CD which is a compilation of songs by various Korean artistes. That was a first in the Korean music industry, to compile songs by some of the hottest singers and use top stars to grace the CD covers to attract music fans. Sympathy I was launched a year ahead of Sympathy II and had engaged the ‘faces’ of Jang Dong Gun, Won Bin, Yu On Seong、Jung Joon ho、Gu Bon Seung earlier.

wave22.jpg

Sympathy I was a resounding success, and when Sympathy II was brought to the market, it was another runaway success. It saw the sales of over 900,000 copies sold in just two months and the CD posters were also very much sought after by the fans. The music label One Entertainment had no choice but to reprint another 50,000 copies on top of the initial 50,000 copies. And even the reprints were snapped up quickly, and they had to do another round of printing yet again.

wave28.jpg

There were six CDs in Sympathy II, and the most unique point about the CD project was how each of these five stars represented a certain theme. In particular, the emotion that Yong Joon was supposed to represent was LOVE. Yong Joon had always focused on acting and was never interested to be the cover spokesperson of any music CD, Sympathy II was his first attempt to show his face on a music CD.

In most cases, the actors or actresses who help grace CD covers usually had no idea what songs were included in the CDs they were supposed to represent when they were doing the shooting. But Yong Joon was an exception. He had listened to all 94 songs included in the six CDs, so as to better emote the feeling he was supposed to represent. Again, this showed his professionalism and pursuit for perfection.

[bb: click here for everyone's favourite vod from the making of sympathy II, or click here to download the clip straightaway.]

wave24.jpg

The photography of Sympathy II covers was undertaken by renowned photographer Kim, and Kim managed to capture the special characteristic of Yong Joon in a very precise manner, his very special combination of tenderness and strength. The series of pictures taken by Kim became a classic series amongst Yong Joon’s many, many pictures.

Photographer Kim also only had good things to say about Yong Joon. This was what he had shared about his impression of Yong Joon:

“He is a real classy prince. In all the people I’ve worked with before, he is the only one who gave me the feeling of a ‘prince’. In Bae Yong Joon, I could see talent, and his self-discipline. And of course, his work attitude was very admirable.

On the other hand, he is broad-minded and generous and he’s full of confidence at atll times. I’d worked with him for the first time on Sympathy II, I feel that he’s a simple man with good manners and no airs.

My only worry was that he’s too perfect. That could make him see less approachable and friendly to the public.”

wave26.0.jpg

2002 was the year Bae Yong Joon was closely watched and observed. But his immense popularity and fame also brought him some trouble. All along, Yong Joon had always enjoyed attending his fellow actors’ movie premieres, such as Yesterday, Fighting, Miss Kumsoon, Mon Jung Ki and others.

But sadly, each time he attended these premieres, something unexpected would happen. The media, be it from the papers, magazines or TV stations, would always approach him for interviews when they spotted him at the premieres, and would then in turn neglect the ‘stars for that day’, i.e. the cast and crew of the movie that was premiering that day. Yong Joon had made a couple of exceptions and granted interviews initially, but it just kept on happening.

In order not to make things difficult for his friends by taking attention away from them, he decided not to grant any interview at all during any premiere. And eventually he even stopped going to premieres. But because of this, the media got upset with him and labeled him ‘arrogant’ and acting too ‘big’.

And at the same time, Yong Joon was also quietly working out his next move. Although his career was at a peak [again], although he was always bestowed with ‘love calls’ from movie companies and directors, he was still not satisfied.

In an interview with the May 2002 issue of Vogue, he had said the following.

“If a person feels that he doesn’t lack anything, that he already has everything, then he stops growing. He will be stuck at the same position with no progress… In terms of money, I don’t think I’m lacking. But as a man, I do mean that I’m still inadequate professionally and personally. If one feels so inadequate that one loses confidence, then that’s not a good thing. But a reasonable amount of inadequacy is actually good reason to push for progress and improvement.”

He therefore had set a new goal for himself, to step up to the big silver screen.

When asked, “How else would you like others to described you?”, this actor whose blood burns with thirst for new challenges, answered,

“I haven’t been described as ‘Bae Yong Joon the movie actor’, I quite like that.”

[bb: i thought you might want to read that interview from vogue, so here it is!]

After he had stepped into showbiz eight years, armed with movie dreams, Bae Yong Joon had finally taken a firm step towards his dream.

Without any warning or whatsoever, he dropped a hint about his maiden work on the big silver screen: “There will be an unexpected and unforeseen confusion and surprise….”

hello everyone!

i just came from gorilla in the kitchen!!! i'm so happy that i've seen jp, but he was quite busy assessing customers.

what can i say about gorilla? it's beautiful, clean, posh, lots of customers, food is delicious, friendly staff and i want to go back there :)

willl let you know more about it when i start my journal when i get home by friday.

btw, i also went to bof. the staff are young and friendly. i was able to go to the 16th floor ;)

i was suppose to go to park bof too but wasn't able due to lack of time earlier. but will try my luck tomorrow even if my schedule was today.

Guest happiebb

hello everyone!

i just came from gorilla in the kitchen!!! i'm so happy that i've seen jp, but he was quite busy assessing customers.

what can i say about gorilla? it's beautiful, clean, posh, lots of customers, food is delicious, friendly staff and i want to go back there :)

willl let you know more about it when i start my journal when i get home by friday.

btw, i also went to bof. the staff are young and friendly. i was able to go to the 16th floor ;)

i was suppose to go to park bof too but wasn't able due to lack of time earlier. but will try my luck tomorrow even if my schedule was today.

hi hi liezle!

wow! did you manage to go into bof office and sneak some pics?

and... i can't wait for your trip report when you're back!

p.s. hehe, these couple of weeks... i kept saying,

i sooooooo........ wish i was there in seoul!!!

thanks so much to bb and close2yj for sharing this priceless YJ series.

the more i read about yong joon the more i admire him :)

posted in bb's blog

bb wrote ~~

following my posting on WLS Part 2 of the Following YJ's Trail series, next comes a piece that looks at the post-WLS days. and what heydays those were...

Frances.... I cud read all article but can not view all pix on it :phew:

MV: the story behind it

reposted from: http://www.happiebb.blogspot.com

some of you might have already read my blog posting

about the one and only MV wuri yong joon has made, ya?

no, you haven't read it?

well then, click here to do abit of revision, ya?

anyhow, dear sweet sister has emailed me more stuff.

this time, it's about this MV, goodbye my love.

i'm gonna split her translation into two separate posts.

this first one will be about the story behind the MV.

and then the second post will be on what the MV is all about,

and also the lyrics of the song in english! yes!

finally we can understand what the song's all about!

thanks much much, sweet sister!

if you wanna read this with pictures, please click here

Original in Japanese: Korea Platinum Vol.5

Scanned and Posted by: Miemi / byj gallery

Translated into English: A Sweet Sister / bb's blog

The Real Story Behind the MV*

“Goodbye My Love” Starring BYJ

*MV = music video, and in some cases,

it's also referred to as MPV, music promotion video.

i kindda don't fancy calling it MPV though,

coz it reminds me more of multi-purpose vehicle, hehe!

MVs were originally used to promote music projects

where the artist performed live or offered a glimpse of his private life,

or sometimes an MV could have a dramatic performance

and start out being made as a movie.

Just as Michael Jackson showed his dancing in “Thriller,”

and Madonna’s provocative images captivated in the early days of MTV,

along with the stylish projects of popular Japanese singer Kouda Kumi,

Korea is creating its own unique MV culture.

Top ranked singers with hit songs recruit top actors to appear in these MVs

which are a mini drama contained in one song.

When one MV is shown,

it’s like watching a movie with a very impressive storyline.

In Korea, the quality of MVs is high and for top rated actors,

the privilege of appearing in MVs is considered a status symbol.

BYJ Location Filming

This MPV was filmed on Victoria Island

in the summer of 2001 in Vancouver, Canada.

According to the 2005 British Survey,

“chosen as the world’s best city to live in,” Vancouver ranked as No. 1,

is the closest gateway to the North American continent

than either Japan or Korea

and is the third largest Canadian city following Toronto and Montreal.

Vancouver is a modern metropolis with ocean landscape and abundant greenery

while Canada’s west coast is blessed by Mother Nature

and its streets of beautiful stores and houses is impressive.

Victoria Island is readily accessible from Vancouver

and the English influence continues there also to make for an attractive town.

The filming for this MPV “Goodbye My Love” began in Vancouver with,

Lee Na-young, the queen of Korean CMs, chosen as the main actress,

while a suitable male actor could not be found until the very end.

The part of the main actor took a while to be cast

and the subcontractor had a head injury.

At the time, BYJ was studying in the U.S. and he was selected.

Talks proceeded smoothly for him to appear in the MV

and BYJ flew from his west coast language school to Vancouver

to film “Goodbye My Love.”

BYJ filmed this 2001 MPV “Goodbye My Love”

during his short-term language study abroad,

before his role in the big hit, “Winter Sonata,”

and you can see his relaxed expressions

which normally can’t be seen in his movie and drama works.

Up to now, BYJ has made several trips to the west coast

by taking advantage of work breaks for short-term language study abroad.

In the MV, he wears clothing that is in the American casual style.

He appears to play the role of an exchange student or a foreign student.

He rides a bicycle with a daypack slung on his back,

goes to the supermarket and becomes entangled with some American men.

They eventually come to blows

and just as he had appeared in the drama “HWRL”

where he played a broker at the wholesale fish market,

the fisherman look is again very becoming on him.

In this way, BYJ’s cinema vitae should include this MV, “Goodbye My Love”

since they are valuable images showing his private side

and are a record of the time that he always took

to work on his personal development by taking language classes abroad

and film classes at a Seoul university.

[MAGAZINE] BYJ, to shoot wedding scene in Kyrgyzstan

[Joseijishin]10/17/06

korean to english translation by joanne

Heejin posted this on the Talk Box of BYJ's official home.

This article on joseijishin was translated from Japanese to Korean by miemi.

Because she apparently used translation program, I had a little difficulty in translating it to English.

I hope you understand this.

Heejin wrote:

The translation was done by miemi-nim of byjfan Cafe that loves BYJ.

Thank you, miemi-nim. You worked hard in typing long article.

I am reposting the translated article on (BYJ's) official home.

You can see it directly if you go to http://cafe.daum.net/byjfan.

On October 10, at a studio in downtown Seoul , a fashion shooting was held for commercial with winter and spring items of the 'Lotte Dutyfree Shops'.

The model was of course BYJ.

The time Yon-sama entered the studio was past 2 PM...

To see his appearance, probably having heard by chance from somewhere,

several fans were waiting staying up all night from previous day.

For the shooting on that day, about 20 stylists and familiar staff have gathered.

Brands of prepared suits were 5 and they were Paul Smith, Zenia, aqua cue Tamm. There were props like sunglasses from Prada or Ray-Ban, etc...

On that they it seemed to be a shooting taking a day off from location for 'TWSSG' that has been going on every day.

A staff from the Lotte Dutyfree Shops who attended the site told,

"He seemed to have lost about 5 -lbs of weight probably wanting to wear clothes stylishly

as a model in addtion to hard work of drama shooting..

The shooting began while he showered staff smiling face like he had been,

although he was saying, "I have been so busy lately(as if my eyes rolls)".

Such consideration amazes us no matter when we see him.

Mufflers(scarves), essential items for Yon-sama were prepared, and they wrapped him around with

4 kinds of mufflers from Paul Smith. Their colors were pruple, cream, grey and light purple.

He himself was talking to staff, "I like mufflers very much."

(Staff from the Lotte Dutyfree Shops)

The opposite model was talent Kong Hyeonjoo, who also appeared together(with BYJ) in early April.

'She was moved as great senior Yongjoon-ssi personally talked to her, "Please work hard also in future." '

The shooting was over afater 6 PM.

When Yon-sama gave his last greeting saying "Thank you for working hard" hand clapping boiled up from staff.

The shooting of the 'TWSSG' is also mostly smooth.

"YJ-ssi is working in location moving around studios in nearby Seoul.

At present, we are in the stage of finishing about 20~30% of entire (drama)."'

(A staff from the drama)

The decided on a replacement for Mr. Chung Jinyoung, who quitted due to a big delay in schedule.

"The replacement is renowned actor, Mr. Oh Kwangrock. He has already started location."

(A staff from the drama)

They said that Yon-sama will head to Kyrgyzstan at last at the stage when the locations around Seoul finished first phase.

'Already about 100 staff have entered there.

YJ-ssi, other casts, and Director Kim Jonghak are scheduled to join them in middle or last third in October."

(A staff from SSD Japan)

Accroding to an official at the Kyrgyzstan Embassy in Japan, around the Isykkru(?) Lake, the major location site, they are gathering 300 horses and they will shoot war scenes.

"They say that Kyrgyzstanian soldiers will also appear as extras, and they are also in the middle of repeating rehearsals.

Actually, they say, they will shoot not only war scenes but also a wedding scene between YJ-ssi and heroine."

On your trip to Kyrgyzstan in a heavily congested schedule-

please be careful to maintain condition so as not to lose weight any more!

Hi all,

How are you doing?

Liezle I bet you have a great time there. BTW how is JP?

I can not open any link this time, Ginnie what is in soompi' poll talking about?

Cheers,

Pat

another translation from the josie jishin magazine by kyouei and posted by bb in her blog. :D

[Trans] wedding scene in kyrgyzstan

Reposted from: www.happiebb.blogspot.com

original in japanese: josei jishin 2006/10/31

scanned & posted by: rosiebaba / joonsfamily

translated into chinese: kyouei / 俊心咏恒 loveyongjoon.com

translated into english: happiebb / bb's blog

Secrets from the Latest CF Filming

& Wedding Scene to be Shot in Kyrgyzstan

On 10th oct, there was a CF shooting of the fall collection for Lotte duty free

at a studio in front of hankuk* university in seoul.

Of course, the model was Bae Yong Joon.

* kyouei's literal translation from japanese was 'honiku',

the most possible uni should be hankuk uni, i guess.

but i could be wrong, so let me know if it's otherwise, ya?

other unis starting with H include hansung, hanyang and hongik.

At 2-something in the afternoon, Yonsama arrived at the studio.

They must really have wanted to just catch a glimpse of him with their own eyes,

and not sure where they'd gotten the information from,

but there were some fans who had waited overnight there since the day before.

That day's filming involved some 20 staff whom most of us are familiar with,

including stylist Kim Eun Kyung.

Five outfits from known brands

such as Paul Smith, Zegna, Aquascutum and others, were prepared,

as well as some accessories from Prada, Ray Ban, etc.

According to a staff from lotte duty free who's present at the studio that day,

the CF shooting was arranged after stealing time from the terribly hectic TWSSG filming

that has been going on everyday.

"Maybe it's because he has to manage the fast-paced, high-tension drama filming,

and as a CF model,

he still has to present the fashion in the most appealing and appropriate manner,

i feel as though Yong Joon-ssi has lost about 5kg."

Although Yonsama himself said he's been so "dizzily busy",

he still behaved as how he was in the past,

he would smile at all the crew working with him as he started the cf shooting.

It's amazing how considerate and caring he is towards people and things around him.

"And of course, we've prepared something

that's almost exclusively meant for Yonsama - mufflers.

During the cf shooting, he had used four Paul Smith scarves

in shades of purple, off-white, grey and lilac.

Yonsama too told the crew, 'I like mufflers.'"

(the Lotte staff quoted previously)

The CF was shot together with Kong Hyeon Joo-ssi,

who had already worked with Yonsama in april.

"The more senior Bae Yong Joon-ssi had given her encouragement personally by saying

'Do continue to work hard in future',

that moved her very much."

The CF shooting ended at around 6pm.

When Yonsama said, "Thank you all for working so hard",

everyone present responded with warm applause.

The filming of TWSSG has basically been quite smooth.

"Bae Yong Joon-ssi has been shooting in a few studios in the outskirts of Seoul.

As of now, they've completed about 20-30% of the entire drama."

(drama crew)

The replacement for Jung Jin Young,

who had quit the drama because of the major delay in the shooting schedule,

has also been confirmed.

"His replacement is the famous actor Oh Kwon Ryu (44)

who has starred in Sympathy for Lady Vengeance, the Eraser in My Head and other movies.

He has already settled in with the cast."

(previously quoted drama crew)

When Yonsama's filming in the outskirts of Seoul has completed,

it is heard that he will be heading for Kyrgyzstan.

"Currently, there're about 100 crew at the filming set there.

Yong Joon-ssi, together with the rest of the key cast and PD Kim,

will fly over in mid or late October to meet with the team who had flown there earlier."

(previously quoted drama crew)

A staff from the Kyrgyzstan embassy in Japan revealed that

the major set at Issyk Kul will soon gather some 300 horses

for the shooting of a battlefield scene.

"I've heard that the army of Kyrgyzstan will also act as extras

and participate in the shooting. They're now practising and rehearsing.

Actually, I've heard that not only will they be shooting the battlefield scenes in Kyrgyzstan,

they will also shoot the scene of the wedding ceremony

between Bae Yong Joon-ssi and the female lead."

Looks like Yonsama wil have to find time in his already-too-packed schedule

to fly over to Kyrgyzstan for outdoor filming.

We hope that he will take good care of his body and health,

and not lose anymore weight

Guest triplelee

hi~ long time didn't post here, i'm very busy for a few months (working hard now - -")

it seems that the female lead is someone else (i think she's not moon soori, am i right?) she will be very lucky to be the wedding scene w/ byj.

can't wait for this movie!!