Bae Yong Joon 배용준

Admin

Guest happiebb

Good for you, Pat! I hope more Thai sisters will drop by, your byjtogether site is great. :D I tried to ask a Canadian sister to sign up to SOOMPI once, but I think the 2-tier registration kind of turn her off. :huh:

yea... a couple of my friends too were turned off by the registration on soompi.

what's worse is they don't seem to accept web-based email addresses :sweatingbullets:

p.s. frances, just thought to let you know i've gone to nagajun's blog

and left a couple of messages there for her,

telling her we've been reposting her wonderful work

and how we've enjoyed her creation.

she's happy that her work is being shared amongst fans.

fyi, she's also visited her blog a couple of days ago. ;)

Guest liezle

hi Pat, every baesisters from any countries are welcome to drop by here at soompi. We will give them a warm welcome. :D They can choose to be a lurker/ninja [anonymous] or an active member. But of course joining in our baetalk would be a lot more fun.

hello bb! i've friends too who also got turned off with the registration system of soompi. anyway, i hope byjglobal was able to register here. i gave her the link. hope she will introduce herself here once when she logs on.

btw, have you asked your friends to try the alternate registration for soompi? click here to go to that page.

original source : flora / www.byjfriendsforever.com

posted by rosiebaba in www.joonsfamily.com

post-4-1159770523.jpg

post-4-1159770637.jpg

post-4-1159770687.jpg

Guest liezle

[TRANS] A letter written and signed by our Yong Joon

originally posted by gaulyeoja in KOB

Korean to English translation by annamarie in KOB

During the early stage of our Yong Joon's fame began, he replied to a fan letter to Mee Ryo.

This precious letter has been uploaded on a site. This letter was written in November 1994 and his acting career began in 1994.

byj20letter2019941209rt0.jpg

To Mee Ryo,

Thank you for the letter.

I apologize for the late reply. I am sorry.

Thanks for your support though I have a lot to learn.

I hope to show you better acting(performance) in the near future.

You are in 8th grade? It must be hard studying even in the middle school these days.

You mentioned in your letter that you plan to attend high school next year?

If you are studying Korean traditional dance, do you plan to enter art(dance) school?

I hope everything works out for you, Mee Ryo.

I promise not to disappoint you and try hard to become an actor that you can be proud.

Hope you are well and stay away from catching cold in this very cold weather.

p.s:There is only a few days left of 1994,current month December.

Good luck with everything.

Then gaulyeoja said in her post ~

"I tried to read the letter(as you can see it's not too clear to read).

I may unintentionally wrote slightly different than the original letter. I hope you understand. Thanks."

Guest TY_KSW

hello TY! i think that the photos were from the promo of "Untold Scandal" in HK. I just don't know what made yong joon so happy in this photo. :D

I guessed he was a judge for a games.... Look at his excitement ...like a cheering boy !!!

:rolleyes: Lucky fans..

Guest frances

hi bb,

thanks for telling nagajun :) her drawings are simply wionderful !!

been wanting to post in her blog but i always end up wondering where to go :sweatingbullets:

hello pat,

we would love to have more of our thai baesis' in the thread. the more the merrier :D

hey liezle,

all is well from your end ? cant wait for baeland, huh?! am sure you'll have a grand time

and who knows, get to see yong joon up close !!! :w00t:

another drawing from nagajun :)

naga1zm6.jpg

Guest liezle

gaeulyeoja posted this on the Talk Box of BYJ's official home.

korean to english translation by joanne and posted in Quilt

Stars to whom co-starring actresses will be totally attracted...

[Groonet]9/29/06 3:27:52

~~~~~ Omit ~~~~~

The star following Song Seungheon is Korean Current top star BYJ (22650표 44%).

BYJ, who has all of rich and fame besides his outside appearance of tender smile, solid muscular body, and manner considerate of others, is an object of envy among Asian and domestic women not only among woman entertainers.

For the foreign entertainers also, BYJ is the star 'with whom we surely would like to act', including revealation of popular Filipina actress Aya Medel, having pronounced her entry into Korea a while ago, that "I made up my mind to advance to Korea after watching BYJ in the 'WLS'." and expression of wish by Japanese young star Ueno Juri, having visited to promote film 'Swing Girls' in the past March, that "I would like to act with Korean actors also. First of all, I would like to act with BYJ in the same product."

Of course, for the domestic actresses also, BYJ is an object of envy.

To introduce an episode, in the end of past 2002, when BYJ got on his car to return to his home after finishing shooting, beautiful looking woman entertainer abrubtly got on his car next to his seat and allured him saying "I like to be with you today". However, BYJ declined in one word and confessed people aroud him that he even felt sense of skepticism for becoming an entertainer.

~~~~~ Omit ~~~~~

Copyright © Groonet

Guest frances

after more than 5 months in french theaters, AS was recently re-screened in France !

here are more reviews from french moviegoers shared to us by camille

originally posted in camille's blog

camille wrote ~

French Reviews of April Snow !

To celebrate the screening of April Snow again in France, I would like to share some French reviews from movie-goers of the movie-portal Allocine.

Please enjoy !

From http://www.allocine.fr/film/critiquepublic...ilm=108687.html

Translated from French to English by camille

From Lafoudre – September 3rd 2006. Note : 4 stars

Oh the beautiful movie that we have here. This story is full of decency and delicacy. The 2 lead actors are excellent. If you don’t like Asian cinema (I think that you are wrong), still go to see this film which has a very Western treatment with nevertheless a small point of delicacy from Asian cinema. You are still reading this review ? Rather leave it and go to see April snow.

From Gan – May 20th 2006. Note : 4 stars

Almost perfect. A beautiful movie to watch, to watch again, and to put in the rank of In the mood for love, and others good movies !

From http://gerard.blogs.allocine.fr/gerard-48601-APRIL_SNOW.htm

Written by G.ROCHER - Sunday August 17th 2006 - 00:20:11 Translated from French to English by camille

APRIL SNOW

In-Su is a lighting engineer for variety shows. So he has to go often from one place to another. During one of these concerts, he received a phone call, his wife has just had a serious car accident. At the hospital, he learns a terrible reality: his wife was not alone in the car but accompanied by her lover. Both are plunged in a deep coma. At this time In-su meets Seo-Young, the wife of his wife’s lover. It is necessary from now on for these two lonely and lost characters to live with painful reality. Torn between sorrow and anger, they will try to survive gradually by getting acquainted with each other. A love relation marked by revenge towards their respective spouse will be established between-them.

Jin-Ho Hur is a fabulous director. He presents to us a movie with a great subject, superbly realised with sobriety and delicacy. He describes two persons without history whose life will be overwhelmed by a betrayal and places them in front of a terrible dilemma : neighbours and companions of misfortune, how they must behave towards each other? From this case of conscience, Jin-Ho Hur will describe by small touches, like a painter, the approach of these two characters who end up supporting themselves, becoming familiar then loving a passionate love, almost impossible, composed by a mixture of revenge and tenderness.

The beautiful scenes which follow one another are the most moving by their simplicity and their naturalness. The least gesture, the least word, the least glance take in this movie a primary importance. Without important direction nor soppy dialogue, the camera follows with a lot of reserve and decency the daily life of the characters involved in an awful familial drama.

Ye-Jin Son et Yong-Jun Bae, young actors with big talent, are filled with enthusiasm. In their pain, they are very good and great. They do not seem to play a role, but to live in front of us, the witnesses, a very bad dream which is transformed little by little into beautiful and poetic romance, for our greater happiness and theirs too. The masterpieces are rare nowadays, so do not miss this one under any pretext.

My note for this film: 4 stars

created by nagajun :)

2es2.jpg

Guest happiebb

hi bb,

thanks for telling nagajun :) her drawings are simply wionderful !!

been wanting to post in her blog but i always end up wondering where to go :sweatingbullets:

actually the guestbook is on the left column,

right under her name, you know the one with the clipboard icon?

when you mouse over, you can see that the link says 'guest'.

anyway, here's the direct link to her guestbookpage.

http://blogs.yahoo.co.jp/nagajun18/MYBLOG/guest.html

once there, a new message box is right there waiting for your input.

the first box 名前 is where you input your ID,

the second box on the same line パスワード is where you input your password,

and the last one ブログ is for you to input your homepage or blog URL.

then you will see a row of text editing tools, just ignore them,

and type your message into the bigger white box under these tools.

you can type in english, nagajun actually reads and writes english.

once done, just click on the small box on the right of the message box,

[the one with the blue pen and where it says 投稿].

then you're done...

if nagajun had read it and replied to you,

you will see a number that signifies the number of replies to your comment.

just click and you'll be able to read her comment.

hope this helps.

Hi all,

It is a sunny day in Bangkok, I am wondering what the weather looks like there in Manila.

I will try to get more visit from Baesisters in Thailand, I believe they will be happy to join Bae thread.

I am sure you will greet them with a warm welcome as usual.

I have been seeing a few period dramas there are fascinating I can feels those old time breeze, I am dying to see our YJ in The Legend.

When exactly The Legend will on air in Korea?

Thanks,

Pat

Guest liezle

hello pat! weather in manila at this time is good, not too hot nor rainy. but in the late afternoon and evening we get to have rain lately. TWSSG will be aired i believe in march next year.

thanks again bb and a sweetsister :D

[Trans] Josei Jishin

Original in Japanese: Josei Jishin, 2006/10/17

Scanned & Posted by: Rosiebaba / joonsfamily

Translated into English: A Sweet Sister / bb's blog

Noted Co-Star Jung Jin Young (41)

Dropped from TWSSG Cast!

Josei Jishin 10-17-06 p. 41

jj11pd7.jpg jj21mf0.jpg

“BYJ is now in the midst of filming TWSSG. Even through the Chosuk holiday season he plans to continue filming.”

Yonsama’s production office, BOF, posted this “Chosuk Message” for family on the Korean official home page.

This “Chosuk” is the same as Obon in Japan. Chosuk begins October 6 but October 3 is Korean Foundation Day, which means Korea has practically one week of holidays. But it appears Yonsama is giving up the holidays to put all his energies into filming the drama during the holidays.

Suddenly one of the co-stars in TWSSG, Jung Jin Young has been dropped from the cast.

Jin Young is a noted actor having appeared in 2005’s, “The King and the Clown,” which holds the Korean record of second place for movie audience viewership. For Jin Young to have been cast in this project was probably difficult.

“Jin Young was in negotiations before “The King and the Clown” was a hit so he was aware of his role. But he was dropped because of scheduling problems.

The Jejudo sets not being completed and location filming being way behind schedule were given as the causes for dropping out of the role. He is a very busy individual. It’s not a matter of contract problems. Jin Young had not started filming yet and a replacement has already been named,” explains a spokesperson for SSD Japan, the company that does PR for this drama.

In addition to Yonsama, the TWSSG cast is superior. Choi Min Soo (44), Moon Sori (32), and Yoon Tae Young (32) are all major actors who have appeared in leading film roles. The delay in location filming has had a great effect on everything. It seems that for Yonsama, in the main role, this is the reason why he had to give up his holidays.

But Yonsama is a super busy person. At the beginning of Chosuk, he has the Lotte Duty Free Stores photo shoot to do.

A duty free store spokesperson said this.

“Photography will be done during the second week in October at a studio in Seoul for the Lotte Duty Free Stores fall and winter fashion ads. Yong Joon-san has been our exclusive model since 2004 and this is his third year.

This year, because he has long hair for the upcoming drama, we are preparing clothing and accessories to match his hair.”

The Lotte Duty Free Stores had a “Model Experience” contest this summer with 2,225 photo entries from Japanese women between the ages of 20-60. Twenty photos were chosen and will be displayed in the Duty Free Shops from October 16. One winner will be selected by the customers from each age range and there will be a total of five winners. The five winners will be invited to Seoul in November.

“The winners will be staying in the suite at the Lotte Hotel and will have their photo taken at the same studio as Yong Joon-san. They will then have their photo superimposed standing next to Yong Joon, which for a fan will be a photo to remember.”

The Kyrgyzstan filming will take place after the Lotte Duty Free Store photo shoot.

“The Kyrgyz filming is proceeding with 100 staff who have arrived first to prepare. BYJ is scheduled to arrive in Kyrgyzstan in mid-October at the latest.” (SSD Japan spokesperson)

When Yonsama is filming close to Seoul, he occasionally orders boxed lunches from the organic restaurant “Gorilla.”

Please continue to take care of your health.

Guest liezle

here's a very old article.

posted by gaul yeoja in kob

translated by annamarie from korean to english.

Original posting date - December 27th, 2001

"Yong Joon's fever during the beginning season of filming."

Bae Yong Joon -IV

TV actor Bae Yong Joon has been filming while he was being treated with I.V. injection of the flu medicine.

While filming Winter Sonata, which is scheduled next month to be broadcasted, he suffered terrible flu. Due to flu, his healthy body has been weakened in addition to over night filming schedule of the drama. But, he is a high achiever and to satisfy his goal of best performance. As a result, his stress created high fever.

Due to tight schedule to complete the filming the drama, he was unable to rest or take a few days off. He ended up receiving IV injection treatment almost everyday. Some days, when he had to film in the morning and again in the evening, he was treated twice with I.V flu medication injection, but never complained about his tired body. The crew of the Winter Sonata was impressed by his determination. His willingness to work hard while he is not feeling well impressed the staff.

One of the scenes of Winter Sonata was filmed at Joong Ang High School. The observing fans varied among early 20s female college students and women at ages of 30s. They brought coffee and night snacks for Bae Yong Joon and the rest of the filming crew.

Last full moon evening, one of the fans brought red bean soup and surprised the entire crew of the Winter Sonata.

----------------------------------------------

and here's something from annie :)

ok, there is the translation. The topic about the full moon evening, it is Korean tradition to eat red bean soup-it's a special kind of Korean red bean soup-very good. It's served on special occasions. About the IV flu medicine injection, its effect is faster than taking the medication orally. I think that is why IV injection was chosen rather than taking the medication orally.

Let me know if you have more questions. Enjoy!

Love,

annie

Guest liezle

Translation

[star News] Bae Yong Joon in Japanese Comic "a drop of water by God"

posted by gaule yeoja in KOB

Korean to English translation by annamarie

ms2006100412524206877_0.jpg

Animation character, image of Bae Yong Joon as "Tomine, Isse" in Japanese Comic "a drop of water by God" by Hak San Culture

Comic "a drop of water by God" portrayed Han Ryu Star, Bae Yong Joon's image. This news has been available after the fact.

During the recent interview with the author of "a drop of water by God", Tadashi Agi at Wine21.com, he discussed about 3 fictional main characters in his comic and he added, one of the character, Tomine Isse is the image of Korean movie star Bae Yong Joon.

Tadashi Agi is popular comic writer who produced Amagi, Andoyuma, Aoki Yuya, Arimorijozi, Agitadashi. Phsycho Doctor, Get Vaccas and Espionage Academy have been translated in Korean.

The representative of Wine21.com who interviewed Tadashi Agi in Tokyo, Japan said, "He likes Winter Sonata and other movies produced by the Director Yun Suk Ho. He is waiting to view "Spring Waltz" dubbed in Japanese and claimed as Hanryu Mania." That is the reason why Bae Yong Joon's image was portrayed as a main chanter in his comic.

In fact, this is not the first comic that Bae Yong Joon's image was portrayed. In addition to "a drop of water by God" , the comic "a boy in the 20th century" was introduced as a merchandise representing Winter Sonata.

The story is about the end of century, to avoid attack by aliens from out of space, the main character lives in a bucker with pile of food. This theme was transferred to one of the merchandise representing Winter Sonata. This maybe the result of Japan's familiarity of Winter Sonata and Hanryu.

"a boy in the 20th century" and "a drop of water by God" are popular in Korea, Taiwan and many other countries all over the world.

ryan@mtstarnews.com

Guest liezle

[TRANS] Japan's first lady says, "I love Korea! I love Hanryu!

Source : Cho Sun IL Bo 10.05.06

Posted by gaule yeoja in KOB

Korean to English translation by annamarie

200610040388_00.jpg

Japan's first lady and her mother-in-law attend the musical "Winter Sonata"

Akie(44 years old) who is the wife of the Japan's Prime Minister Abe Shinjo attended the opening of the musical Winter Sonata(Huyuno Sonata) at Koma Theatre in Shin Joo Ku, Tokyo, Japan on the 4th.

Akie and her 3 friends arrived at the theatre in casual outfit and a shoulder bag around 6:15PM.

Mr. and Mrs. Na Jong Il(Ambassador) and other Korean officials greeted Akie. The number of audience was approximately 2000 including Abe Shinjo's mother(80 years old). Yun Suk Ho based this musical on the TV drama Winter Sonata. Ms. Akie fell in love with the drama. The musical is officially scheduled to open on the 29th. After watching the drama Winter Sonata, Ms. Akie became fan of Hanryu. Currently, she is taking Korean language lesson and her interest in Korean culture is well known public information.

After watching the musical which lasted about 2 and a half hours, she met with the producers and said "It's different from the original TV drama, Winter Sonata, but I am still impressed, it's a beautiful work also, it left memorable impression from watching the last sconce of the Nami Island where the main character Joon Sang dies "

Ms. Akie also questioned the producers if they had plans to open the musical in Seoul. Yun Producer answered that he will determine on a later date after observing the response from Japanese Hanryu fan. When the reporters asked about he views about Hanryu, she responded " love Korea! I love Hanryu!"

Politicians including Moriyama Mayumi(prev. Cultural Administrator) also attended the opening performance of the musical, After the show, audience expressed their appreciation of the musical by standing ovation.

After the Abe's appointment on the 26th, this was the first official attending by Ms.Akie. On the 9th, Abe's plan to visit Korean, Akie's visit to the musical may increase the level of relationship between Korea and Japan. A spokes person from Korean Embassy expressed that Ms. Akie's presence at the musical may influence positively especially the relationship between Korea and Japan has been rocky because of the Yasukuni Issue. According to unknown source, Ms.Akie may have greater influence on her husband, Prim minister Abe's view on Korea. Last August, during the interview with Ban Ki Mun Korean official, he said "my wife often visits Korea and my parents enjoyed the tour in Korea"

Tokyo Chung Gwon Hyun Reporter khjung.chosun.com

Hi all,

I have sent a message to BYJTogether from BKK already. They have been creating such a beautiful MV, VOD, Flash and photoes.

I hope they can share and visit YJ Thread soon.

The more of us the better.

Cheers,

Patama

Guest happiebb

Hi all,

I have sent a message to BYJTogether from BKK already. They have been creating such a beautiful MV, VOD, Flash and photoes. I hope they can share and visit YJ Thread soon.

The more of us the better.

Cheers,

Patama

hi patama [or do we call you pach?]

actually i too love some of the artwork done by the thai sisters,

i particularly like byjsmile's work... very nice :P

hope to see them and their work in soompi soon.