Bae Yong Joon 배용준

Admin

[Trans] Lotte ad & Hallyu Expo

bb wrote ~

hehe, so happy... after a terrific BYJ-filled monday, tuesday looks set to be good too... yes, i've received yet another translation emailed to me by sweet sister again! thanks thanks!

and if the news in this magazine is right, then wuri yong joon is doing his lotte CF filming today!

Original in Japanese: Josei Jishin 10-24-06 p.40

Scanned & Posted by: Rosiebaba / joonsfamily

Translated into English: A Sweet Sister / bb's blog

On Oct 10 Lotte Duty Free Shop Poster Filming,

Yonsama “Smiling in Muffler”

6829782253o9cinyhw3.jpg

682978939t1ig5vvjoseijishin2ag7.jpg

68297892o7o97n0njoseijishin1kp6.jpg

“With the Kyrgyzstan filming held back, Yong Joon-san, the cast and the staff have given up the holidays to continue filming outside of Seoul.” (SSD Japan spokesperson)

Due to the Chosuk holiday in Korea, the first week in October is a major week of holidays.

But for BYJ, who has given up the holidays, and is putting all his energy into filming the drama, TWSSG.

“He was filming at the studios outside of Seoul and at the underground set of the gymnasium at Daelin College in Bucheon, Gyeonggi Dong. All through this, he continues his training at the gym.” (local based reporter)

As Yonsama runs about busy with filming, and while the drama is being edited, he is busy with other filming work.

“During the second week of October, he will be shooting the fall and winter fashion ad photos for the Lotte Duty Free Stores at a Seoul studio.” (ad agency spokesperson)

We confirmed this with a Lotte Duty Free Shop spokesperson.

“Yes it’s true that the filming is scheduled for the tenth of this month at a Seoul studio for five hours. Yong Joon-san has been the exclusive model since 2004 and this fall will be his third year. Up to now he has modeled suits by Paul Smith and Ermenegildo Zegna but this year we don’t what he will be modeling and can’t announce it yet.”

On the 9th, the Duty Free Store’s official will be meeting with Yonsama’s stylist, Miss Hong Eun Kyung. At that meeting, it will be decided what clothes he will be wearing.

“This year since he has long hair for the drama, we will prepare clothing and accessories to compliment his long hair. We will consider Yong Joon-san’s wishes carefully as to suits, neckties, shoes, and such."

The latest photos of Yonsama in long hair and suits will appear first in “Josei Jishin” so please look for them!

Perhaps for the fall and winter model we’ll again get to see the smiling Yonsama wearing a coat and muffler like old times!

Yonsama is absent but the official tours continue daily to the sets on Jejudo.

Against this background, the “Hallyu Expo in Jejudo” has been put on hold but now there is some news.

“From the original July opening and after a delay of four months, we are finally ready to open. The phase one opening will be from November-end 2006 to mid-March 2007. We are planning the phase two opening for early April 2007 to early August 2007.” (Hallyu Expo spokesperson)

Off course, the opening ceremony will be attended by BYJ and Lee Young Ae who have been appointed ambassadors.

“During the Expo, Hallyu stars expected to appear are the Four Heavenly Kings of Jang Dong Gun, Lee Byung Hun, and Won Bin, Choi Ji Woo, Park Yong Ha, Rain, SE7EN. Women’s pro golfer, Michelle Wie is also expected to attend.

Expo details will officially be announced in Japan in November and fan meetings, and tour notices to attend concerts will be posted.” (previously quoted Hallyu Expo spokesperson)

But the possibility still exists that the Expo may again be postponed.

If Yonsama is expected to attend the opening ceremony, it will have to be immediately after he returns from the Kyrgyzstan location filming.

It seems that more and more Yonsama’s schedule this fall will continue to be hectic.

Kwon Ohkyeong posted this on the Talk Box of BYJ's official home.

Korean to English translation by Joanne

Yoo Seungho, acting childhood of BYJ, their'similarity' is topic of talks

[Joynews24]10/10/06

It is a topic of talks as child actor Yoo Seungho acts childhood of top star BYJ and shows similar shape in drama 'TWSSG'.

Yoo Seung is on netizens' words of mouth as a photo, showing similar shape to BYJ, was posted on an internet lately.

Yoo Seungho, in the middle of shooting at this time as actor playing childhood of BYJ in the 'TWSSG' , showed appearance similar to BYJ in makeup for the period drama.

The production crew of the 'TWSSG' told, "We did not know he would look this similar to BYJ show" and amazed that smile of BYJ who has tender charisma and that of You Seungho are like as two peas. Japanese fans, visiting to watch Korean Current star BYJ, showed interest in Yoo Seungho playing childhood of BYJ saying "Who is that child? He is very similar to BYJ."

There is an aftertalks that some among them predicted Yoo Seungho as the next generation Korean Current star and obtained his autograph ahead of time.

20061010131006.827.0.jpg

Yoo Seungho, having eyes of Jo Seungwoo, long hands of So jiseob, and tender smile of BYJ, is getting topic of talks everyday because of appearance taking after top stars. Yoo Seungho, keeping the top child actor status not only with appearance but also with sturdy acting ability, is waiting for opening of 'Maeum-yi' starring himself.

Reported by Chung Myeonghwa,some@joynews24.com

Copyright ¨Ï Joynews24

Guest Marikoo

Hi sis liezle! When are you leaving for Baeland?

Take care, have a nice trip and good luck!

Hope you bump into him. he..he..

Just one request, don't faint..

and be prepared just in case.

Guest frances

from KBS Global

http://english.kbs.co.kr/entertainment/new...9466_11858.html

Bae Yong-joon’s ‘April Snow’ Re-released in Japan

1011_enter_l.jpg

The Korean film “April Snow” starring Japan’s favorite son-in-law Bae Yong-joon has been successfully re-released in Japan.

The Japanese sports daily Nikkan Sports reported that the film had drawn quite a number of viewers with a director's cut re-release in Tokyo and Osaka on Sept. 9 and will be shown again in Nagoya on Oct. 21 and in Hukuoka on Oct. 28. The director’s cut is an uncut edition with an additional running time of 30 minutes.

The re-release of the film demonstrates the popularity Bae is constantly enjoying in Japan. When ticket booking for the show started in July in Tokyo and Osaka, 5,800 and 3,200 tickets were sold for Tokyo and Osaka, respectively, on the very first day. In addition, admission tickets were distributed two days in advance to avoid congestion, and those who reserved tickets stayed up all night in front of the theaters to secure good seats.

“April Snow” earned some 2.75 billion yen (22.5 billion won) at the Japanese box office when it was released in Japan last year.

Guest frances

shared by tomato in BYJ's Quilt

[bOF News]Park BOF Website Open

date: 2006/10/10

Greetings,

We wish that all of you had a pleasant Thanksgiving holidays.

We would like to inform you that the official website of Park BOF

has been opened on 9 Oct ~ http://parkbof.com/

This official homepage will deliver a variety of information to you including the launching news of Park BOF in Jeju.

We will try to update news as often to provide as much convenience to you.

Thanks for your support and interest.

Park BOF in Seoul ~

parkBOF20061011.jpg

Park BOF in Jeju ~

parkjeju20061011.jpg

Guest frances

from camille's blog ~~

Today, Wednesday October 11th 2006, April Snow is still being screened in 2 theatres in France, Les Plessis at Montceau-les-Mines and Ciné d’Issy at Issy-les-Moulineaux.

April Snow was the first among the 4 Korean movies released this year in France and also the last still to be screened. :)

another nice feedback from a french moviegoer shared to us by camille ~

From civetta’s blog La Clé des Champs

http://civetta.over-blog.com/archive-5-2006.html

Written by Civetta – May 21st 2006 – Note : 3 stars

Translated from French to English by camille

April Snow

The Asian cinema has this fascinating aptitude to tell people’s intimate story by filming their silences and their glances, by fitting a corner of a hotel corridor, or brushing the reflection of a smile in the window glass. This is a slow cinema, but this slowness is also the condition of its delicacy, in the most painful situations. Story of crossed destinies where the improbable pain of two bewildered persons brings effectively an improbable happiness, April Snow made life and death to be side by side like snow in April, in an atmosphere which remembers us the sobriety of In the Mood for Love or 2046.

Hi sis liezle! When are you leaving for Baeland?

Take care, have a nice trip and good luck!

Hope you bump into him. he..he..

Just one request, don't faint..

and be prepared just in case.

hello mariko! i'm now here in the land of kimchi. the weather is great, i love it! i'm crossing my fingers that i'll have the luck like all the other baesisters who have seen him.

Hi,

Have a great time Liezle, don't forget take my heart and leave it there.

Cheers

Pat

hello Pat! This is only the first night but i'm already having a great time.

Frances sis, sorry wasn't able to pm you anymore last night. i was busy doing last minute preparation.

Gaeulyeoja posted this on the Talk Box of BYJ's official home.

Korean to English translation by

Will hold Korean Current Expo in Jeju

[Yonhap News]10/12/06 10:55

An event will be held to gather and show Korean Current culture, that is sweeping Asia, at the Jeju International Convention Center(ICC Jeju) from November 29 to March 10 next year.

Korean Current Expo(Inc.) announced on 12 that they decided to hold 'Korean Current Expo in Asia' Vhere 10 billion won will be invested, at the Jeju Convention Center to advance Korean Current culture and to activate cultural exchange in Asia, and entered into agreement with ICC Jeju on event progress and use of the venue.

Hur Jeongok, CEO at the ICC Jeju told, "As we are able to decorate the grand finale of the 2006, when Jeju Special Self-administrating Province has launched and also 'The Year to visit Jeju', with Korean Current hot wind, it will become a big help in activation of tourism in Jeju."

Han Jekwan, chairman at the Korean Current Expo organization commmittee, also told, "We will take all possible measures to ensure event preparation so as to prove that the Korean Current hot wind is not a temporary phenomenon through this event, and to become a detonator for the hot fever of Korean Current to spread all over the world going beyond Asia in the future."

The Korean Current Expo event will be structured as multi-media exhibition event that offers diverse chances to experience and things to see by combining most advanced IT technology power of Korea in many exhibition spaces with films, dramas, music, Korean Current stars, sports stars, & etc. who have brought on Korean Current hot wind as well as the thematic exhibition hall where one can see the flow of Korean Current from the beginning to the present.

Also, theywill provide standing and spepcial events that will be held on a specially provided stages like premium events, fan meetings, concerts, & etc. and occasions of meetiing Korean Current stars.

The organization committee of the Korean Current Expo explained, "We have finished contract with 'Yon-sama' Mr. BYJ on Expo participation, and we will make additional contracts with 15~20 Korean Current stars in the future so that we plan to have more than one star attend the Expo every day," and "The exhibition halls will be managed with charge(12,000 to 15,000 won), and we will show package tourism product for foreigners."

Reported from Jeju, Kim Seumgbeom,ksb@yna.co.kr

Copyright © Yonhap News Agency

Hi Liezle,

I am sure that you have great time there, and 100% you will share with us. Do you have any more new of YJ?

How would YJ Korean Fan feels about The Legend?

Are they that exciting?

BTW I just able to access soompi sever down since 7.00am!!!!

Have a wonderful day,

Pat

Guest frances

Frances sis, sorry wasn't able to pm you anymore last night. i was busy doing last minute preparation.

its ok coz i'm quite busy too w/ work lately :wacko:

but do enjoy your stay in baeland, have a great time w/ your friends

& cross your fingers that lady luck will be w/ you & you'll get that chance

of a lifetime to see BYJ or SJS or if its not asking too much, the both of them :w00t::P

hello pat! been seeing many photos of yong joon here and everytime i see him my heart is beating fast :) contrary to reports from others, i think that bjy is quite popular here. been asking some of the koreans we're able to talk to and whenever i mention his name they would go "oh byj! yes i know him." :D btw, i didn't only asked about him from ladies but from gents too :)

hi hi frances! sis thanks for keeping the thread. will make "bawi" to you next time ;) geez, i love those photos that you posted above.

scanned by style http://cafe.daum.net/byjgallery

posted by joanne quilt

downloadphpgrpid16hvbfldid7csbdataid888fileid6dt20061fv4.jpg

[Trans] Producer Bae's essay; part 3

japanese to korean translation by cloud nine

posted in byj's quilt

cloud nine wrote ~

Many of you must be greatly interested in this writing, which is about the

shooting at Palace Hotel.

"The shooting at Palace Hotel"

It was the day we were planning to shoot at Palace Hotel. The scene Insu and So

Young, getting off the car, walked into the hotel lobby hand in hand.

The glass of the hotel was not ordinary one, but reflection glass. Its feature

is that through the glass from the bright side, the dark side can't be seen, so

from the dark side the bright side only can be seen. As this scene was shot in

the midday, from the bright outside the inside of the hotel couldn't be seen but

the outside could be seen well from the inside.

The camera was set outside of the hotel and the inside couldn't be seen, so for

the sake of fans we saw that the shooting was watched from the inside of the

hotel. About 200 fans kept their eyes on the shooting of BYJ and SYJ, staying

1 meter away from the glass. With the start of the shooting BYJ, getting out of

the car, closed the door with the remote control and took SYJ's hand and walked

into the hotel lobby. The next instant BYJ and SYJ were very surprised, maybe

because they didn't expect so much fans were watching over the shooting. Then

Director Hur shouted 'Cut' and the moment the fans were about to give cheers,

BYJ put his forefinger onto his lips and gave them the signal to keep silent.

The hotel lobby became so quiet that you could have heard a pin drop. Not a

sound was heard, the fans began to wave their hands silently, however, when 200

some people waved so hard it sounded like blowing leaves were fluttering.*

It surey was a strange experience.

The day 'the bed scene' was going to be shot in Room 1407 of Palace Hotel.

I don'tknow why but, at around 10p.m., about 300 fans gathered in the hotel

lobby.

Having been confused we figured out its reason, and which was totally absurd.

Some tour guide said 'According to the production department, today's shooting

is scheduled to be finished at around 10p.m. and then the leading actors will

greet the people.' This rumor had spread out all over Samcheuk instantly, so

even high school girls of the city were there. But the rumor was quite ground-

less and was not even mentioned by the production department. However, it was

too late and we had to save the situation. We went to the lobby and said,

'The shooting will take a long time and the actors won't be able to come and

greet you.' We explained and asked for their understanding, and finally we

managed to dismiss the people. It was an outrageous rumor indeed.

*cloud nine; Mr. Bae used onomatopoeia to describe this, but due to my poor

knowledge of English I am unable to find the right word. Your advice will

be welcomed.

Hi Liezle,

I am glad to know that most people know YJ, I bet they are not only know his name but also love his works like us.

Is the weather still great over there?

Cheers,

Pat