Guest ororomunroe

Guest ororomunroe

Joo Won and Kim Tae Hee confirmed for medical drama 'Yongpal'

fsklfj.jpg

Osen - Nate: 'Yongpal' Kim Tae Hee "Excited to star in a new drama after such a long time"

1. [+502, -16] Can Korea please produce a drama that isn't about chaebols? Drama plots recently have been all over the place. I've got nothing to watch
-'My Love Eundong' is really fun!!!!!!
-Public channels air at least one chaebol drama each day. Tired of that richard simmons
-Try dramas like 'Bad Guys' or 'Missing Noir M' which just ended recently...
-But 'Mask' is really good
-There needs to be a chaebol in a drama for expensive PPLs to be showcased
-90% of dramas are about chaebols..

2. [+326, -46] The male lead got chubbier

3. [+25, -6] She's already 36 but her acting still sucks. Just stick to filming CFs

4. [+20, -8] Joo Won's gonna have to work hard then. The female lead can't act

5. [+15, -3] Who's the casting director?? Why cast someone like Kim Tae Hee who can't act?

sfajlfkd.jpg

E Daily - Naver

7. [+1059, -123] Wow. So pretty. Goddess-nim

8. [+855, -121] I'm excited too. She was gorgeous in 'Jang Ok Jung'

9. [+422, -26] Seems like she's more active abroad

10. [+97, -26] Did you get enough acting practice during those 2 years?

11. [+124, -58] She's so pretty but isn't talented..  Her facial expressions and gestures always look awkward in CFs or pictorials

12. [+90, -15] Her acting in 'Jang Ok Jung' improved if you compare it to her past dramas but it gave an impression that she's just acting, as plain as it sounds.. It's supposed to be natural. I hope she shows improvement in this drama

Cr: kkuljaem

• Replies 13.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Taking revenge against her brother when HYJ wakes up from her coma ...... I love to watch the spunky KTH in action! :w00t::D

Kim Tae-hee confirms drama

13005937.jpg

Actress Kim Tae-hee and actor Joo Won have been confirmed to play lead roles in a new SBS melodrama, “Yong Pal Yi” (working title), which is slated to air in August.

The story will revolve around an heiress of Hanshin Group, played by Kim, and a doctor who is in his third year as a surgical resident at Hanshin hospital. 

In the drama, the 35-year-old actress is in a coma but miraculously wakes up thanks to the help of Joo’s character. 

The story will unravel as she tries to take revenge against her brother, who was the reason she fell into a coma.

“After reading the synopsis, I was deeply impressed by the writer’s writing ability and creativity,” said Joo.

“I have always wanted to play an heiress role. I want to show people new aspect of an heiress from the one that is usually portrayed in dramas,” said Kim. 

The upcoming program, which will be a follow-up to “Mask,” is the first Korean drama the actress will star in after her last piece “Jang Ok-jung, Living by Love” (2013). 

By Jin Min-ji

http://koreajoongangdaily.joins.com/news/article/Article.aspx?aid=3005320

Edited just now by Nancyzak

HYJ lying in coma, in the VIP room at 12th floor of the hospital...

Special meeting of Kim Tae-Hee and Joo Won… ‘Dr. Yong-Pal’ casting

14684_1.jpg

The actors Joo Won and Kim Tae-He decided to appear at ‘Dr. Yong-Pal.
Joo Won and Kim Tae-Hee will come back to home theater by SBS new Wednesday-Thursday drama ‘Dr. Yong-Pal.
‘Dr. Yong-Pal’ is a romantic drama between Yong-Pal the quack who has the best skill, but do not mind curing gangsters for money, and Han Yeo-Jin the ‘Sleeping Beauty’ the heiress of conglomerate, who is sleeping in an hospital.
In the drama Joo Won performs the role of Kim Tae-Hyun, the third-year resident of Hanshin hospital, who is peerless in emergency trauma surgery. Kim Tae-Hee performs the role of Han Yeo-Jin, the heiress of Hanshin Group who is in comma at VIP ward, in the 12th floor of Hanshin hospital.
Joo Won expressed his feeling, “After reading the synopsis and the script I fell in love with the writer’s ability and creativity. As I trust the director, I will do my best.” Kim Tae-Hee said, “I want to show new character. It has been a long time since I appeared at Korean dramas, so it flutters me.”
Meanwhile ‘Dr. Yong-Pal’ will be first aired on August, following ‘The Mask’.

http://www.innolife.com/list.php?ac_id=4&ai_id=14684

Can’t wait for news on the script reading.

Meanwhile, the message in the first Instagram below stated that filming starts this week, i.e. 20 June 2015.

Nice fan arts! :wub:

Credit fan art below : angelskim at Instagram (as tagged)

Courtesy : joo_won_kazakhstan_fc at Instagram

http://www.enjoygram.com/m/1007842713315725300_1590507450

11311229_1630167093893736_1137371371_n.j

************************************************************************************

Credit/courtesy fan art below : joowonthailandfc at Instagram

http://www.enjoygram.com/m/1007792886652600019_1593746534

11426649_827931763980852_1363581230_n.jp

************************************************************************************

Credit/courtesy fan art below : joo_won_kazakhstan_fc at Instagram

http://www.enjoygram.com/m/1007857253331914080_1590507450

11325648_998466823527057_2099715376_n.jp

Hi @ororomunroe - Please do include the below mentioned cast too on the first page of the drama thread (if they can be tagged it would be great) -

* Chae Jung Ahn (KTH's sis in law)

* Oh Jung Se (playing KTH's brother - who might be responsible for putting her into coma)

* Jo Jae Yun (he plays a gangster in the drama - maybe one of "Yongpal's" clients)

* Stephanie Lee (I'm not sure of her role, but could be the sister of Yongpal; I just know she is a model)

These are the cast details from the below link:

http://isplus.live.joins.com/news/article/article.asp?total_id=18033984&cloc=

Guest ororomunroe

Hi @ororomunroe - Please do include the below mentioned cast too on the first page of the drama thread (if they can be tagged it would be great) -

* Oh Jung Se (playing KTH's brother - who might be responsible for putting her into coma)

* Jo Jae Yun (he plays a gangster in the drama - maybe one of "Yongpal's" clients)

* Stephanie Lee (I'm not sure of her role, but could be the sister of Yongpal; I just know she is a model)

These are the cast details from the below link:

http://isplus.live.joins.com/news/article/article.asp?total_id=18033984&cloc=

Thanks for letting me know. Unfortunately, there are no articles from the usual sources about these confirmations so I'll wait until these sites upload articles. 

Kim Tae Hee and Joo Won’s Upcoming Drama Has Last Minute Director Change

KimTaeHeeJooWon.jpg

It has been revealed that PD Lee Dong Hoon who was supposed to helm Kim Tae Hee and Joo Won’s upcoming SBS drama “Yong-Pal” has dropped out of the project. His replacement will be PD Oh Jin Seok who previously worked on dramas “Modern Farmer” and “Goddess of Marriage.”

According to Starnews, the producers for “Yong-Pal” had an emergency meeting on June 20 to discuss the drama. Apparently the meeting was held to negotiate certain problems. It is possible that an actor was amongst the issues they were talking about.

However, SBS made an official statement that says, “The drama ‘Yong-Pal’ which will air after ‘Mask‘ will have its director change from Lee Dong Hoon to Oh Jin Seok. This decision was made because of internal affairs and has nothing to do with problems with actors.”

They continued to refute the rumors and stated, “The schedule for ‘Yong-Pal’ will go as planned. We will meet you with a good project.”

“Yong-Pal” is a melodrama centered on a talented doctor who makes secret house visits for wealthy patients due to his dire need for money. The doctor, who has the code name Yong-Pal, meets a wealthy heiress and drama ensues. The first episode is set to air in August.

Source (1) (2)

http://www.soompi.com/2015/06/19/kim-tae-hee-and-joo-wons-upcoming-drama-has-last-minute-director-change/

Kim Tae Hee and Joo Won's upcoming drama 'Yong Pal' to change producers

11393669_386935638169275_506860203357055

It looks like Kim Tae Hee and Joo Won's upcoming drama 'Yong Pal' is having a bit of a commotion before filming.

It's been revealed that the producer Lee Dong Hoon will be leaving the production, and being replaced by producer Oh Jin Suk.

On June 20, SBS announced, "He is being swapped out because of an internal issue, and it's not at all because of any problems with the actors. We plan on going forth with 'Yong Pal' without any more setbacks."

SEE ALSO: Kim Tae Hee confirmed for role of chaebol heiress in 'Yong Pal' 

'Yong Pal' will air after 'Mask' in August. Hopefully there won't be any more bumps on the road for this drama!

http://www.allkpop.com/article/2015/06/kim-tae-hee-and-joo-wons-upcoming-drama-yong-pal-to-change-producers

sigh.. I am very disappointed with the director's change.  Smiley

This is 2nd upcoming drama that experienced these kind of changes. I am wondering how they can do that to the cast members too?  I would have thought actors decision to accept the role is also based on the production team, no? Then they go and change that?!

Hello everyone, first post here on Yong Pal thread. 

Earlier in the week, I was happy to see 2 more actors in casting news - Oh Jung Se and Jo Jae Yun. I liked Oh Jung Se since Mirae's Choice and a New leaf but I  have not seen Oh Jung Se in a villainous role so this makes me doubly excited. Jo Jae Yun makes me laugh and he looks the part of a gangster alright, so I am expecting shenanigans galore. 

But news of PD Lee Dong Hoon exit from the drama is terrible. Before anyone was cast, I already made up my mind to check out this drama. I loved PD Lee's God's Gift. 

One thing I am ignorant or confused about is the role of writer and PD when it comes to making a drama. Maybe someone can shed some light in this? I do know the rudimentary like the writer is the one responsible for the story and script(probably it's a team of sub writers and also script writers? I dunno) and the PD is the one who helms the direction. Besides, deciding how he wants to shoot certain scenes and shouting "Cut!" or "NG" I am fuzzy about the "whatelse" 

So if I liked "God's Gift", is it more the story? or the directing? Can a bad director mess up a good story? Or a bad story fail even with good directing? I am more inclined to think that story is more important. And talking about story, it was also the premise of Yong Pal that attracted me. There's a lot of potential to be milked from this and in the hands of a good writer, it could be a delicious mix of mystery, melo, thriller and romance even. Or it could turn out to be a mediocre, run of mill melo drama with all the cliches. 

I watched Reset which was the 1st drama written by Yong Pal's writer Jang Hyeok Rin. If I can infer from that drama, the writer could possibly dish up something new and creative as well as suspenseful. The bad is that there's plenty of plot holes, wasted opportunities and finally a letdown after a promising start. Hopefully, the writer has improved by leaps and bounds. For one thing, I expect Yong Pal to focus one case/story per episodes or 2 episodes with a main story intertwined. That might give the writer an opportunity to write great suspenseful or dramatic short stories and hone the art of bringing the main or greater story into the whole drama. 

But news of PD Lee Dong Hoon exit from the drama is terrible. Before anyone was cast, I already made up my mind to check out this drama. I loved PD Lee's God's Gift. 

One thing I am ignorant or confused about is the role of writer and PD when it comes to making a drama. Maybe someone can shed some light in this? I do know the rudimentary like the writer is the one responsible for the story and script(probably it's a team of sub writers and also script writers? I dunno) and the PD is the one who helms the direction. Besides, deciding how he wants to shoot certain scenes and shouting "Cut!" or "NG" I am fuzzy about the "whatelse" 

So if I liked "God's Gift", is it more the story? or the directing? Can a bad director mess up a good story? Or a bad story fail even with good directing? I am more inclined to think that story is more important. And talking about story, it was also the premise of Yong Pal that attracted me. There's a lot of potential to be milked from this and in the hands of a good writer, it could be a delicious mix of mystery, melo, thriller and romance even. Or it could turn out to be a mediocre, run of mill melo drama with all the cliches. 

I watched Reset which was the 1st drama written by Yong Pal's writer Jang Hyeok Rin. If I can infer from that drama, the writer could possibly dish up something new and creative as well as suspenseful. The bad is that there's plenty of plot holes, wasted opportunities and finally a letdown after a promising start. Hopefully, the writer has improved by leaps and bounds. For one thing, I expect Yong Pal to focus one case/story per episodes or 2 episodes with a main story intertwined. That might give the writer an opportunity to write great suspenseful or dramatic short stories and hone the art of bringing the main or greater story into the whole drama. 

I also think that writing is the most important, from a similarly mostly-uninformed view of the system. :)

There are also producers involved, and if you think I can explain exactly what they do, you'd be mistaken.  Haha.  But I think the point is that there's a whole team involved, and the director is just one part.  As long as the director is competent at putting together a drama, has a clear idea about what the drama is trying to present to viewers, and can work effectively with everybody, it seems like it should be okay.  I feel like I can name far more dramas with adequate or better directing, but terrible writing, than the opposite case.  I certainly think it's possible for a really good director to elevate a mediocre story into something enjoyable, but if the writing's not good, there's just not much to work with.

I would worry more about the turnaround time, since it's a little last-minute to be switching directors.  It seems like the director is the person who needs to know the most about what's going on (cast, staff, story, etc.), and now someone new has to start from scratch.  I hope the new director can get caught up.

Has anyone seen anything that Oh Jin Suk has directed?  I guess there are only three dramas that's he's been in charge of (and several assistant director credits in addition).  I saw exactly one episode of Modern Farmer, and that was enough for me, but that had nothing to do with the directing.  I haven't seen the other two at all.

sigh.. I am very disappointed with the director's change.  Smiley

This is 2nd upcoming drama that experienced these kind of changes. I am wondering how they can do that to the cast members too?  I would have thought actors decision to accept the role is also based on the production team, no? Then they go and change that?!

I would assume (or hope, at least) that this has been in the works for a while, and they just now made the announcement.  So hopefully everyone's on board with the change, and they got cast approval first.  I just wonder what these "internal issues" are.

@Nancyzak,   Belated welcome and thank you for all the updates...

@mrdimples, @ecs707a welcome to the thread.

@ecs707a I also only glanced at Modern Farmer, and it was totally not my cuppa.  On the other hand, Goddess of Marriage (which was really based on an older drama "Firework" with Lee Young-Ae) was pretty horrible in my opinion, but I think it was both the writer and the director's fault. Whereas in the original drama, we could very well understand what was the glue that kept that couple together - physical attraction, hence the name "Fireworks", in GOM, they kept talking about duty to try that keeps them together, and there was zero fireworks. How that drama succeeded in getting double digit ratings is beyond me. I thought both the writing and the directing lacked.

On the other hand he was assistant director in the "Lovers in..." series. (I only watched one of them), so hopefully he learned something good from his sunbae.

Can this director - Oh Jin Suk - make a good drama if it is based on good script?   I really hope so - for the sake of our two stars.

Joo-won’s melodrama Yong-pal gets a director switch

joowon_kimtaehee2.jpg

In a sudden move, SBS has replaced the director on its upcoming drama Yong-pal, the series starring Joo-won as a skilled surgical resident who takes on house calls to the filthy rich and becomes witness to the shadier side of the upper crust. A director or writer switch always makes people wonder at the circumstances eliciting the change (and whether the conflict, whatever it was, will manifest in what we see onscreen), but little explanation has been given, with only a generic “internal decision” offered as reason

Read more on Dramabeans

Archived