Guest ororomunroe

@Nancyzak,   Belated welcome and thank you for all the updates...

@mrdimples, @ecs707a welcome to the thread.

@ecs707a I also only glanced at Modern Farmer, and it was totally not my cuppa.  On the other hand, Goddess of Marriage (which was really based on an older drama "Firework" with Lee Young-Ae) was pretty horrible in my opinion, but I think it was both the writer and the director's fault. Whereas in the original drama, we could very well understand what was the glue that kept that couple together - physical attraction, hence the name "Fireworks", in GOM, they kept talking about duty to try that keeps them together, and there was zero fireworks. How that drama succeeded in getting double digit ratings is beyond me. I thought both the writing and the directing lacked.

On the other hand he was assistant director in the "Lovers in..." series. (I only watched one of them), so hopefully he learned something good from his sunbae.

Can this director - Oh Jin Suk - make a good drama if it is based on good script?   I really hope so - for the sake of our two stars.

Hi @irilight

Thank you and you are welcome! As you can see, I have already made myself very much at home here. ;):D

@irilight, @mrdimples, @ecs707a

I read with interest, your comments and realised how shallow my knowledge is on Kdramas. I hope to gain more as we progress along with Yongpalyi.

Out of curiosity, I briefly checked out God’s Gift by the previous director, Lee Dong Hoon and Goddess of Marriage and Modern Farmer by the current director, Oh Jin Suk and do get a different feel in their directing styles. With Yongpalyi categorised as a melo drama, I can understand the excitement when LDH was named as the PD. Since he has been replaced so suddenly which give rise to more questions than answers, I do hope so too that SBS’ decision is a right one for the sake of the cast and production. I remember how the change in the writer/writing style midway through KTH’s Jang Ok Jung Living in Love (which is an SBS production) brought about a sudden turn to an otherwise beautifully written and well-paced story and that led to a big drop in viewership. For whatever the reason, at least it's a change right at the start of filming in Yongpalyi's and not midway through. Although the turnaround is very short, the different tone and style of directing is set from beginning. Keeping my fingers crossed that no more surprising change on those at the helm of the drama, going forward. I wouldn’t wish for what happened to JOJLIL to happen to Yongpalyi and I look forward to a great acting chemistry between the leads and with other cast as another aspect that will hold the excitement for and interest in the drama throughout. :)

• Replies 13.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@Nancyzak,   Belated welcome and thank you for all the updates...

@mrdimples, @ecs707a welcome to the thread.

@ecs707a I also only glanced at Modern Farmer, and it was totally not my cuppa.  On the other hand, Goddess of Marriage (which was really based on an older drama "Firework" with Lee Young-Ae) was pretty horrible in my opinion, but I think it was both the writer and the director's fault. Whereas in the original drama, we could very well understand what was the glue that kept that couple together - physical attraction, hence the name "Fireworks", in GOM, they kept talking about duty to try that keeps them together, and there was zero fireworks. How that drama succeeded in getting double digit ratings is beyond me. I thought both the writing and the directing lacked.

On the other hand he was assistant director in the "Lovers in..." series. (I only watched one of them), so hopefully he learned something good from his sunbae.

Can this director - Oh Jin Suk - make a good drama if it is based on good script?   I really hope so - for the sake of our two stars.

Hi @irilight

Thank you and you are welcome! As you can see, I have already made myself very much at home here. ;):D

@irilight, @mrdimples, @ecs707a

I read with interest, your comments and realised how shallow my knowledge is on Kdramas. I hope to gain more as we progress along with Yongpalyi.

Out of curiosity, I briefly checked out God’s Gift by the previous director, Lee Dong Hoon and Goddess of Marriage and Modern Farmer by the current director, Oh Jin Suk and do get a different feel in their directing styles. With Yongpalyi categorised as a melo drama, I can understand the excitement when LDH was named as the PD. Since he has been replaced so suddenly which give rise to more questions than answers, I do hope so too that SBS’ decision is a right one for the sake of the cast and production. I remember how the change in the writer/writing style midway through KTH’s Jang Ok Jung Living in Love (which is an SBS production) brought about a sudden turn to an otherwise beautifully written and well-paced story and that led to a big drop in viewership. For whatever the reason, at least it's a change right at the start of filming in Yongpalyi's and not midway through. Although the turnaround is very short, the different tone and style of directing is set from beginning. Keeping my fingers crossed that no more surprising change on those at the helm of the drama, going forward. I wouldn’t wish for what happened to JOJLIL to happen to Yongpalyi and I look forward to a great acting chemistry between the leads and with other cast as another aspect that will hold the excitement for and interest in the drama throughout. :)

Eh...my knowledge in kdramas is very limited but I do express my thoughts and opinions freely. 

I think I have spoken too soon about being pleased with the casting of Oh Jung Se and Jo Jae Yoon because they have dropped out of the project. I can't even imagine what's going on in SBS. Now reading that there was a change in writer for Jang Ok Jung, I shudder at worse possibilities. I can live with change in actors because though I really loved the idea of watching Oh Jung Se and Jo Jae Yoon, there are no lack of very competent actors for their respective roles. Still, this latest development is not a good sign. Something is definitely brewing and we are non the wiser. 

https://johyunjae1980.wordpress.com/2015/06/23/jo-hyun-jae-to-join-cast-of-yongpal/

조현재 측 “‘용팔이’ 결정된 사항 無..제안 받고 검토 중”

TV리포트=신나라 기자] 배우 조현재가 올 하반기 안방극장에 복귀할 가능성이 높아졌다.

23일 한 매체는 SBS 새 수목드라마 ‘용팔이'(장혁린 극본, 오진석 연출)에 오정세 대신 조현재가 투입된다고 보도했다.

이와 관련해 HB엔터테인먼트 관계자는 TV리포트에 “조현재가 ‘용팔이’ 출연 제안을 받고 검토 중인 건 맞다”면서도 “아직 결정된 사항은 아무것도 없다”고 밝혔다.

‘용팔이’는 의사가 됐지만 신장투석을 받아야 하는 여동생 때문에 빚에 허덕이는 한 남자의 이야기를 그린 드라마로, 주원과 김태희가 남녀주인공으로 출연을 확정지었다.

한편 ‘용팔이’는 최근 당초 알려진 이동훈 감독에서 오진석 감독으로 연출자가 교체됐다. 당시 SBS 측은 ” SBS 내부사정으로 인한 연출자 교체일 뿐, 배우 출연 등에 관한 문제는 전혀 없다”며 “‘용팔이’ 제작일정 또한 차질없이 진행된다”고 강조했다.

신나라 기자 norah@tvreport.co.kr/ 사진=TV리포트 DB

Article link: http://media.daum.net/entertain/star/newsview?newsid=20150623120221185

Eh...my knowledge in kdramas are very limited but I do expressly my thoughts and opinions freely. 

I think I have spoken too soon about being pleased with the casting of Oh Jung Se and Jo Jae Yoon because they have dropped out of the project. I can't even imagine what's going on in SBS. Now reading that there was a change in writer for Jang Ok Jung, I shudder at worse possibilities. I can live with change in actors because though I really loved the idea of watching Oh Jung Se and Jo Jae Yoon, there are no lack of very competent actors for their respective roles. Still, this latest development is not a good sign. Something is definitely brewing and we are non the wiser. 

LOL, me too, for hoping no more change and here we are, in less than 24 hours, fresh news on the change of the character brother, but I have no complain at all, as it is JHJ that we are talking about, who is one of the top SK actors and who has very good fanbase domestically and internationally, particularly in Japan, if I am not wrong. Perhaps this is a tweak to the star power for the drama. SBS is a private TV station and has a good many successful dramas of late that pulled in the bucks. This latest development could possibly mean that SBS is gearing itself for another go of a success with Yongpalyi and the change is a strategic decision for marketing and rating purposes.

I remain optimistic that SBS is doing all that it can for the good of the drama. Let us wait what comes next. I do wish that JHJ accepts the offer.

Coincidentally, both JHJ and KTH starred as leads in Fox with Nine Tails : Forbidden Love. If JHJ signs on, Yongpalyi will be their second collaboration but as brother and sister who will take on each other come crunch time,

Oooooh....Jo Hyun Jae! He definitely ups the eye candy factor :) I last watched him in Ad Genius but didn't like his character, I liked him much better in 49 days. Now, I need to imagine him as a baddie, it's more difficult than in the case of Oh Jung Se. This will be interesting for his fans? It's always challenging and potentially rewarding to play the bad guy(I don't count Ad Genius because his character was just annoying)  if you have been always cast as a goody two shoes. 

The success of the drama lies in the writing and production, not so much the cast. The actors are important of course but in this genre, we are less likely to get some pretty face who can't act to hold up the drama. 

https://johyunjae1980.wordpress.com/2015/06/23/jo-hyun-jae-to-join-cast-of-yongpal/

Jo Hyun Jae side "'yongpalyi' determined 無 .. details of the proposals under review."

TV Report = sinnara News] actor Jo Hyun Jae has increased the possibility of returning home theater in the second half of this year.

23 with media reported that instead of Jo Hyun Jae Oh Jung-Se is committed to a new SBS drama 'yongpalyi (janghyeokrin screenplay, directing Oh, Jin - Seok).

In this regard, HB Entertainment said, "is right, Jo Hyun Jae 'yongpalyi' s appearances suggest getting under review," the TV report, while "nothing matters yet determined," he said.

"Yongpalyi 'is the story of a doctor dwaetjiman a man struggling with debt because of my sister to undergo a kidney dialysis in drama, Kim Tae-hee is built Joowon and confirm the men appeared as the protagonist.

On the other hand, yongpalyi 'recent originally known as Oh, Jin - Seok Lee Dong-hoon director director director has been replaced. SBS at the time said, "as director to replace one due to the SBS internal affairs, issues and actors may not appear at all," said "'yongpalyi' schedules are also making progress without a hitch," he said.

Sinnara reporter Norah @ tvreport.co.kr / Photo DB = TV reports

Article link: http://media.daum.net/entertain/star/newsview?newsid=20150623120221185

SBS’s Yong-pal loses actors, considers adding Jo Hyun-jae

johyunjae_69.jpg

Erm, should I be worried about you, Yong-pal? Why all the pre-drama shuffling?

On the heels of the recent director switch, the SBS drama has parted ways with two of its supporting cast members, Oh Jung-se (The Lover, Plus Nine Boys) and Jo Jae-yoon(Liar Game). Interesting that the show had been so adamant that losing one director (PD Lee Dong-hoon of God’s Gift—14 Days) for another (PD Oh Jin-seok of Modern Farmer, Goddess of Marriage) would in no way affect the casting or production schedule, only to have two people leaving the project.

Read more on Dramabeans

PicsArt_1398530458884

Why is it so hard to post photo in soompi?! 

Anyways,I really love the ideas of both of them together in same drama because I like them.Of cos,Joo won is still my first bias.I was jumping around when I heard this news.This is a photo that I made a year and half ago after I watched JHJ King's daughter. I wanted to see them in period drama but Yong Pal is also fine. Because I just can't get enough of Joo Won in doctor suit. Please,no more changes in casting.I am dying to see this two men in a drama. :D

Anyways,I really love the ideas of both of them together in same drama because I like them.Of cos,Joo won is still my first bias.I was jumping around when I heard this news.This is a photo that I made a year and half ago after I watched JHJ King's daughter. I wanted to see them in period drama but Yong Pal is also fine. Because I just can't get enough of Joo Won in doctor suit. Please,no more changes in casting.I am dying to see this two men in a drama. :D

If or when one day Joo Won makes a saeguk, I will think of you. You have persisted in posting pics(photoshopped) of Joo Won for the longest time and I totally understand your desire. I am not inclined towards saeguk because most of them center around palace politics which I find hard or unwillingly to understand. But if Joo Won signs on a saeguk, I will definitely check it out. Still, I prefer him to be anything other than a prince or king. Maybe dual identity? Best if he's an outlaw or assassin. 

Now, I am curious about JHJ's King's Daughter. Maybe one day I will get down to all these saeguks. I must say that JHJ, Joo Won and Kim Tae Hee are the type of actors who looked great in saeguk. How about JHJ as a prince because you know, he really looks like one :D. He struggles against the corrupt officials and noblemen and vows to make a good king but he gets embroiled in palace politics. Kim Tae Hee can be the princess chosen to be his concubine and the one he loves above all others. And in comes Joo Won as the "Robin Hood" who saves the poor and defends them from corrupt officials. His family was once nobleman, rich and powerful but brought down by a evil scheming enemy. KTH's character was once betrothed to Joo Won's and the engagement was broken off because of the latter's fall from grace. And of course, the 2 men will later fight against each other and for their one true love. 

Yup, I am bored.....so bored. 

@irilight   Thanks dear!  So here we go.

•  
  •  From Joo Won Inst.Mr Google says full reading...So is it script reading? I don't know...

If or when one day Joo Won makes a saeguk, I will think of you. You have persisted in posting pics(photoshopped) of Joo Won for the longest time and I totally understand your desire. I am not inclined towards saeguk because most of them center around palace politics which I find hard or unwillingly to understand. But if Joo Won signs on a saeguk, I will definitely check it out. Still, I prefer him to be anything other than a prince or king. Maybe dual identity? Best if he's an outlaw or assassin. 

Now, I am curious about JHJ's King's Daughter. Maybe one day I will get down to all these saeguks. I must say that JHJ, Joo Won and Kim Tae Hee are the type of actors who looked great in saeguk. How about JHJ as a prince because you know, he really looks like one :D. He struggles against the corrupt officials and noblemen and vows to make a good king but he gets embroiled in palace politics. Kim Tae Hee can be the princess chosen to be his concubine and the one he loves above all others. And in comes Joo Won as the "Robin Hood" who saves the poor and defends them from corrupt officials. His family was once nobleman, rich and powerful but brought down by a evil scheming enemy. KTH's character was once betrothed to Joo Won's and the engagement was broken off because of the latter's fall from grace. And of course, the 2 men will later fight against each other and for their one true love. 

Yup, I am bored.....so bored. 

@mrdimples 

• Yes!I LOVE period dramas. I don't know why,they are so intriguing to me.(Which is the reason why I started watching Chinese periods dramas and started falling for Chinese actors.Sorry Wonie,but you are still my first bias :P  ) 

Also, I have same imagination as you! But I put Joo Won as JHJ long-lost brother,who will unknowingly harm his older brother! KTH loved Joo Won first but then forced to marry to JHJ and become the queen instead.She will loyal to JHJ till his death. Yes. I am a sadist.I will definitely kill one of the main male lead.

HAHAHA.We are so bored!I know. JW used to take projects left and right and we were bombarded with many news. Now that he learnt to take things easy and stays low-profile,making us impatient and bored. 

•  

And now I am watching Nine Tailed Fox starring Jo Hyun-jae and Kim Tae-hee, and they both star this drama. How interesting.

cbsm.jpg

post-639-1239627532.jpg

How I adored this drama to bits and pieces. Now I vow to rewatch it this week. Before I watch Yong Pal. I love Jo Hyun-jae, and I will give Yong Pal a good chance because solely of Jo Hyun-jae. This drama (Nine Tailed Fox) was "The Bomb." No wonder it was a worldwide hit back then, and still sticks to me like a charm. It is not remembered nowadays, but it still is an excellent series. #RewatchTime

And now I am watching Nine Tailed Fox starring Jo Hyun-jae and Kim Tae-hee, and they both star this drama. How interesting.

How I adored this drama to bits and pieces. Now I vow to rewatch it this week. Before I watch Yong Pal. I love Jo Hyun-jae, and I will give Yong Pal a good chance because solely of Jo Hyun-jae. This drama (Nine Tailed Fox) was "The Bomb." No wonder it was a worldwide hit back then, and still sticks to me like a charm. It is not remembered nowadays, but it still is an excellent series. #RewatchTime

Ah...I watched that before.It was so sad.The classic good example of how to use the myth in the series. Although I was a bit unhappy with how JHJ's character was written. And Junjin was there too,my another favorite:D 

See JW,you Idle for awhile and all hell breaks loose.:sweatingbullets:

On the other hand,I saw this news.

http://www.ikoreadaily.co.kr/news/articleView.html?idxno=200868

I don't see JHJ mentioned here.He will be in this drama,right? I will still watch  no matter what. But you know...I have my expectation already.

Jo Hyun Jae confirmed to join with KIm Tae Hee.

The new was confirmed by SBS.

Good job!!!

No official confirmation yet from JHJ's agency, which is also the producer of "Yongpal". However, according to news reports, JHJ attended the first script reading yesterday.

Ha, I had just coincidentally started watching King's Daughter, Soo Baek Hyang a couple of weeks ago.  Of course, I only got though the first couple of eps because I watch everything at a snail's pace, so JHJ's character has yet to even make an appearance.  I guess this gives me a reason to continue, and maybe at a little faster pace. :) I've never seen him in anything else.

I'm seeing a bunch of articles about Jo Bok Rae, who I'm totally unfamiliar with.  I guess he has only done theater and movies, but never TV?

I believe this is him: daum, hancinema

I wonder what his character will be.

Archived