Guest ororomunroe

@riribl, thank you. We need that "insightful" button back.. I will try to read some more and will gain some more insights... hopefully....

I hope this is real.. I am not finding confirmation of it, and it is older article from April.

Kim Woo Bin Casted To Film Drama Based On Comic Book

kim

"One source, multi-use" is not an uncommon term in the media. There are books remade as movies, and foreign movies remade into new movies. What is the most important in these remakes are the synchronization of the original characters and the actors. In an artificial casting of actors for the drama based on a comic book "Cheese in the Trap," actor Kim Woo Bin was casted as one of the main character.

The popular online comic book "Cheese in the Trap" is a story of the three main characters, Hong Sul, Yoo Jung, and Baek In Ho, who are college friends. Actor Kim Woo Bin was casted for the role of Baek In Ho, who is a good looking man with a temper. He used to be a pianist when he was younger, but he hurt his fingers in an accident and does not play the piano anymore. He works a lot of part time jobs to support himself. He was casted for the role of Baek In Ho because of his character in the popular SBS drama "The Heirs." In "The Heirs," Kim Woo Bin played the "bad boy" character, who also had a deep wound in his heart. 

Source: KdramaStars

​is this news reliable? 

• Replies 13.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@riribl, thank you. We need that "insightful" button back.. I will try to read some more and will gain some more insights... hopefully....

I hope this is real.. I am not finding confirmation of it, and it is older article from April.

Kim Woo Bin Casted To Film Drama Based On Comic Book

"One source, multi-use" is not an uncommon term in the media. There are books remade as movies, and foreign movies remade into new movies. What is the most important in these remakes are the synchronization of the original characters and the actors. In an artificial casting of actors for the drama based on a comic book "Cheese in the Trap," actor Kim Woo Bin was casted as one of the main character.

The popular online comic book "Cheese in the Trap" is a story of the three main characters, Hong Sul, Yoo Jung, and Baek In Ho, who are college friends. Actor Kim Woo Bin was casted for the role of Baek In Ho, who is a good looking man with a temper. He used to be a pianist when he was younger, but he hurt his fingers in an accident and does not play the piano anymore. He works a lot of part time jobs to support himself. He was casted for the role of Baek In Ho because of his character in the popular SBS drama "The Heirs." In "The Heirs," Kim Woo Bin played the "bad boy" character, who also had a deep wound in his heart. 

Source: KdramaStars

​Yeah there's an article stating that way before but it's only 1-2 articles as I remember and it's old so I'm not sure whether it's really true or not. I assumed this is just a rumor and there hasn't been any official statement of it.

Haha it would be nice if Park Hae Jin, Kang Sora & Kim Woo Bin would be casted as the three main leads.

Now with Park Hae Jin confirmed, let's wait & see for the other two. Filming starts in September??

Haha it would be nice if Park Hae Jin, Kang Sora & Kim Woo Bin would be casted as the three main leads.

Now with Park Hae Jin confirmed, let's wait & see for the other two. Filming starts in September??

​No it hasn't been determined yet. When I said September I was just saying KSR could film for this drama if only the filming of this drama at least starts in September.

Guest ororomunroe

Park Hae Jin Cast as Lead for Drama ′Cheese in the Trap′

Delighting fans of the famed webtoon, Park Hae Jin has officially been cast as the lead actor for upcoming new drama, Cheese in the Trap. 

Drama production company, Eight Works, stated on May 20 that Park Hae Jin will be taking lead role of Yoo Jung. 

Yoo Jung is an all-around perfect man with a sweet face and friendly personality, who carries a mysterious side to him as well.

Fans of the webtoon Cheese in the Trap had continuously stated that Park Hae Jin would be the perfect fit for the character Yoo Jung even before the webtoon was to be made into a drama. 

65338035.jpg

Park Hye Jin′s company, WM Entertainment stated, "So many fans continued to give support without giving up. The role of Yoo Jung is still burdensome, but due to the support of fans, Park Hye Jin finally decided to show his version of Yoo Jung and will begin this project by doing his best so he will not regret his decision."

"He made the final decision after seeing the faith and trust that the production company has shown as well as the quality of the script, which is still in its beginning stages. We′re currently in the final stages of tuning up the details," stated the agency. "Park Hye Jin will do his best to show his version of Yoo Jung without distorting the original character, so please look forward to it." 

The drama is based on the webtoon Cheese in the Trap, which has been gathering much popularity since 2010. The webtoon is about a female student, Hong Seol, and her school senior and boyfriend, Yoo Jung. 

Cr: mwave

"He made the final decision after seeing the faith and trust that the production company has shown as well as the quality of the script, which is still in its beginning stages. We′re currently in the final stages of tuning up the details," stated the agency. "Park Hye Jin will do his best to show his version of Yoo Jung without distorting the original character, so please look forward to it." 

Oh it seems like the other casts will be confirmed soon. I'm praying the other casts will be done well too.

Guest ororomunroe

Park Hae Jin to star as the lead in the upcoming drama 'Cheese In The Trap'

Rising actor Park Hae Jin has chosen his next role, the lead in upcoming drama 'Cheese In the Trap'!

'Cheese In The Trap' is originally a popular webtoon about a female university student named Hong Sul and her boyfriend and school sunbae Yoo Jung, and the stories about their relationship.

Ever since the webtoon was announced to be made into a drama, fans have been anticipating the drama adaptation, making their own 'dream cast' lists.

And netizens picked Park Hae Jin as the number one actor to play the character of Yoo Jung! And for good reason. The male character is said to be the perfect man, with the looks, money, grades and fashion sense. It turns out the production team also had the same idea as they continued to send love calls to cast the actor.

Production Studio Eight Works said, "As Park Hae Jin completely matches the character of Yoo Jung, we persistently sent in 'love calls' (casting offers) to him. We are very thankful that he has finalized his decision. Park Hae Jin is currently preparing a lot for his role as Yoo Jung and we will work hard to make a drama with the best synergy."

Cr: allkpop

I SIGN UP FOR THIS AND I AM IN !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

and for @riribl I AGREE WITH YOU XD

Me too...kyaaaaa....still mesmerized by him from Snow in Sea Breeze and now he will be the lead....yeayyyyy~

Thank you @ororomunroe for starting this thread....ottokeee so many upcoming drama that seduced me to watch......

for the female lead...i'm just hoping no more young female idol please...sorry... dont be offense what i'm saying....i just want to see an eligible actor/actress for this drama sinced i'm waiting Park Haejin as the lead after Snow in Sea Breeze....

And sorry for my ignorance where it will be broadcast?is it on Big3?

Guest ororomunroe

And sorry for my ignorance where it will be broadcast?is it on Big3?

There's no info about the broadcasting station as of right now. I'll update the first post when we get more info :)

from the lasted news, the top candidates for Seol are: Chun Woo-hee, Go Ara and Oh Yeon Seo

http://www.ajunews.com/view/20150521090547612 

​Looking at the original articles, they mentioned:

1. Chun Woo Hee received the most votes as one who looks like Hong Sul the most

2. There are other actresses being considered such as Lee Eun Sung (Seo Tai Ji's wife), Esom, Go Ah Ra, Oh Yeon Seo, Lee Yeon Hee, Kim Ji Won, Lee Yeol Eum

Out of those casts I agree that Chun Woo Hee will pass as Sul the most though. If she does get casted I hope she has the acting chops to carry out Sul's character.

*edit*

I don't think it's official though. It seems like whom people prefer to act as Hong Sul.

​Looking at the original articles, they mentioned:

1. Chun Woo Hee received the most votes as one who looks like Hong Sul the most

2. There are other actresses being considered such as Lee Eun Sung (Seo Tai Ji's wife), Esom, Go Ah Ra, Oh Yeon Seo, Lee Yeon Hee, Kim Ji Won, Lee Yeol Eum

Out of those casts I agree that Chun Woo Hee will pass as Sul the most though. If she does get casted I hope she has the acting chops to carry out Sul's character.

​thanks for the translation

i believe CWH has the acting chops to pull this off as she has got so many awards for her acting with Han Gong-Ju. However, good acting skill cant save the character if this drama has bad PD/writer. Shim Eun Kyung  & Cantabile Tomorrow are good examples of good acting chops with poor PD and script.

This is a Korean forum link suggesting actors actresses for the roles including supporting roles.

http://themute.kr/news/articles/2874

I think some of that forum's suggestions are pretty spot on. I agree on this:

Baek In Ho: Kim Woo Bin

Baek In Ha: Seo Hyo Rim

Eun Taek: Go Kyung Pyo (too bad he's casted in Reply 1988 so no chance), Park Seo Joon

If Chun Woo Hee's acting skill is pretty much confirmed as good, I'm all in for her as Hong Sul! Among all of suggested actresses she fits Hong Sul's image the most.

​Warm & Cozy will end on July 2nd so she should've wrapped up the filming before that. That means July afterwards she has empty spot. So I think if the filming doesn't start until at least September she still has a chance :)

On 5/20/2015, 4:13:32, icemaid said:

Yes I agree with you @riribl especially KSR for the role of HS. Hopefully its scheduled for year-end otherwise no chance as KSR is currently filming Warm & Cozy.

Let's hope the casting you wish for will come true. Fingers crossed.

​-----------------------

@ororomunroe Hello chingu. Thanks for starting this thread. This new upcoming drama almost slipped past my radar :o 

Hello everyone :)  Oh wow...been waiting for this... I agree @icemaid @riribl Kang So Ra seems most suitable for the role of  Hong Sul. I also think Moon Chae Won, Go Ara, Oh Yeon Seo... would fit the role too. They are only 2-3 years apart, and anyway, what does age matter as long as it's not too much of a stretch? These gals are top actresses, and in fact, when is Moon coming back on our small screen again? 

Yes I agree with you @riribl especially KSR for the role of HS. Hopefully its scheduled for year-end otherwise no chance as KSR is currently filming Warm & Cozy.

Let's hope the casting you wish for will come true. Fingers crossed.

​-----------------------

@ororomunroe Hello chingu. Thanks for starting this thread. This new upcoming drama almost slipped past my radar :o 

Hello everyone :)  Oh wow...been waiting for this... I agree @icemaid @riribl Kang So Ra seems most suitable for the role of  Hong Sul. I also think Moon Chae Won, Go Ara, Oh Yeon Seo... would fit the role too. They are only 2-3 years apart, and anyway, what does age matter as long as it's not too much of a stretch? These gals are top actresses, and in fact, when is Moon coming back on our small screen again? 

​Now that I think about it again actually Chun Woo Hee fits Hong Sul's image the most. Kang So Ra would be my alternative :)

I really hope they will cast Chun Woo Hee as her image is spot on and she has acting chops.

If we're talking about Sul's image, Park shinhye has her looks. But acting wise, I totally disagree. She'll just act awkward. I'd definitely pick KSR, but she's not even in the list. 

I hope they cast someone who's not that popular, but can solidly act out Sul's charm. Someone who can deliver without dampening the story.

I really hope they can make this as successful as misaeng. :)

sorry if i missed reading, but which network will this show on?

Park Hae Jin really is perfect as Yoo Jung, he has the perfect look and good acting. But if they keep the college setting then maybe it's better to cast an actress who is not too young, as Hong Sul.

(I personally prefer Chun Woo Hee, with my second choice place going to Kang Sora. Woo Hee has that look of Hong Sul, she is also reaaalllly talented. And she only 4 years apart in age from PHJ!)

Guest Andrie

Julien Kang would be perfect (looks wise) for Baek Inho :wub: ugghhh but is his korean as fluent as it needs to be??? what about his acting??? (Even Dennis Oh or Ricky Kim but they don't speak korean T.T)

Honestly I can't see Kim Woo Bin as In Ho he looks way too korean....... The Baek siblings aren't just koreans who have foreign like feautures. Baek Inho actually gets mistaken for being a foreigner EVEN by foreigners....

I don't think I'm that worried over the casting of all the other characters but the Baek siblings(they have such a hugeee role in the plot). It's always emphasized how Baek Inho looks like a foreigner and even joked about that fact. HE looks so much like a foreigner yet his name is 100% korean and he speaks korean fluently. Ugh I wouldn't be so hung up on this if it wasn't so important in the story but almost every moment Inho is introduced to another character they always mention "the foreigner" "the yankee".  

Archived