Guest ororomunroe

What do you guys think about Kyung Soo Jin for Sul? She has that college look but I'm not sure if she fits Sul since I don't know anything about the webtoon. 

To be honest, when I first read the description, I immediately thought of Park Shin Hye for the female lead but after much consideration, I wish the main female role would go to someone less "famous", someone who has played second fiddle for most of their acting career. Park Hae Jin has mostly done supporting roles so I'm hoping the female lead would be the same. There are so many actresses out there who deserve an opportunity to play a lead role so... yeah... 

I think Kyung Soo Jin looks too mellowed out for Sul. Chun Woo Hee fits Sul's image better.

Park Shin Hye is a no-no. She doesn't fit Sul's image at all.

Aw, what a pity. I would've loved to see a Park Hae Jin - Kyung Soo Jin pairing. 

I don't know who Chun Woo Hee is but judging from some of her movie gifs on tumblr, she looks like a good fit. I just hope they don't cast a female idol for Sul... 

• Replies 13.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What do you guys think about Kyung Soo Jin for Sul? She has that college look but I'm not sure if she fits Sul since I don't know anything about the webtoon. 

To be honest, when I first read the description, I immediately thought of Park Shin Hye for the female lead but after much consideration, I wish the main female role would go to someone less "famous", someone who has played second fiddle for most of their acting career. Park Hae Jin has mostly done supporting roles so I'm hoping the female lead would be the same. There are so many actresses out there who deserve an opportunity to play a lead role so... yeah... 

I think Kyung Soo Jin looks too mellowed out for Sul. Chun Woo Hee fits Sul's image better.

Park Shin Hye is a no-no. She doesn't fit Sul's image at all.

Aw, what a pity. I would've loved to see a Park Hae Jin - Kyung Soo Jin pairing. 

I don't know who Chun Woo Hee is but judging from some of her movie gifs on tumblr, she looks like a good fit. I just hope they don't cast a female idol for Sul... 

Chun Woo Hee would be the best option for Sul. I dont worry about her acting skill ( i saw her in several movies, and she was amazing in all of them). However, i worry whether she could adapt drama filming style.  CWH does mostly movies and only 1 drama with a very small role. Drama and movie have different filming style as actors/actresses have more time to review the characters in movie for a long period of time. For drama, the scripts always come so late that the artists do not have chances to understand/read the scenes before filming them. This is the reason that Kang Dong Won does not want to do drama ever again, and Shim Eun Kyung had in Cantabile Tomorrow.

i dont know who they would cast as Sul, but i agree with you that they should not cast in idol (although i read some rumor that Yoona is/was offered the role)

After watching bad guys I can see Park Hae Jin totally fits the role of Jung Yoo..as for Sul...my memory of reading this webtoon is so fresh that I can't visualize any of the above mentioned actresses as Sul...one thing that's striking about her is that she's very hard working,always calculating in her mind about people & tends to panic a lot....So someone like Park Hae Jin who seems to carry their story on face would be better as Sul....maybe some relatively unknown face..Another thing is all the possible names mentioned here are bit older than Sul...so we need someone who looks a bit new/fresh on the market/kinda immaturish maybe...

After watching bad guys I can see Park Have Jin totally fits the role of Jung Too..as for Sul...my memory of reading this webtoon is so fresh that I can't visualize any of the above mentioned actresses as Sul...one thing that's striking about her is that she's very hard working,always calculating in her mind about people & tends to panic a lot....So someone like Park Hae Jin who seems to carry their story on face would be better as Sul....maybe some relatively unknown face..Another thing is all the possible names mentioned here are bit older than Sul...so we need someone who looks a bit new/fresh on the market/kinda immaturish maybe...

Actually for Chun Woo Hee, she just acted as a high school girl just recently (in 2014 I believe) and she got several awards for it. So I believe her actual age won't be a problem. She will be able to pass as a college girl depends on how she's dressed and all. 

Imo CWH's eyes is the feature that resembles Sul the most, her vibe is similar too from some pics. Most other actresses doesn't have eyes like CWH, which resembles Sul's a lot.

I would nominate Kang So Ra as second candidate but I still very much prefer Chun Woo Hee more.

As reference:

Chun Woo Hee

chunwoohee_10.jpg

latest?cb=20140418000217&path-prefix=es

Hong Sul

186457.jpg

citt.jpg

@riribl....Ohh..I have just checked her bio so dint know that she played a school girl recently...and I draw a bit..so was just comparing their features...in case of Jung..Park Hae Jin carries the personality well..so he's convincing enough...Sul does not have noticeable features much apart from her hair & eyes  as you mentioned so as long as there is similarity in the personality there won't be much problem I guess =]

@riribl....eyes do look similar kind of....though her face is quite sharp it seems...Lol I guess I'll check out something she has done first.

I can't think of anyone else right now but I've been thinking really lol.If any name pops up in my mind I'll definitely share.But Chun Wo Hee seems to be a better choice than Kang So Ra...

Guest Xiraioya

instead of worrying who will become sul. I just hope this drama don't turn into a male center drama where the original is about sul's story

for Sul's eyes, Go Ara is one of the few actresses who has the same eye color. i wonder whoever plays Sul, will she wear contact lenses?

I think the eye color is not that important because it's just how the character is drawn, especially considering people around Sul never point out that Sul's eye color is different than the rest. That means Sul's eye color is actually the same with others, and I think it's more important to match Sul's vibe and image with the actress. 

Agree with Chun Woo Hee for the female lead! Her acting was so good in movie 'Han Gong Joo'. She deserves more recognition from the public. And it would be really great for her to have her first lead role in small screen~^^

I also want to nominate Moon Chae Won... It's been a while since the last time I saw her on a drama and she's a good actress as well so she can do the role. :)

Guest Bissu

Kim Woo Bin is good for In Ho but I don't think he can par with Hae Jin. I'd rather see Lee Min Ki (w/ a bigger build lol) as Bek In Ho :wub:.

No idea about Seol.

Kim Woo Bin is good for In Ho but I don't think he can par with Hae Jin. I'd rather see Lee Min Ki (w/ a bigger build lol) as Bek In Ho :wub:.

No idea about Seol.

Lee Min Ki would be a very good idea...you hit the nail on the spot really.

No idea about Seol.

2 top fan favorites for In Ho are Lee Min Ki and Park Ki Woong. Too bad, both of them are in military at the moment. Speaking of Lee Min Ki reminds me of Lee Hyun Jae ( they were together in "Shut Up Flower Boy Band"). LHJ's mixed race gives him a very foreign look of In Ho although he hasnt been active in Korea for several years now.

hqdefault.jpg

517a2df684a2204ecdcdfef736587808.jpg

tumblr_m1igcdHuz01qziq38.gif

Guest Bissu

No idea about Seol.

I'm glad you agree, I've said this a few times since the drama news came out and no one sees it. 

Lee-Min-Ki-16.jpgminki_cosmo2.jpg71ae5d500a255e94ec2042320b198d98.jpg

2 top fan favorites for In Ho are Lee Min Ki and Park Ki Woong. Too bad, both of them are in military at the moment. Speaking of Lee Min Ki reminds me of Lee Hyun Jae ( they were together in "Shut Up Flower Boy Band"). LHJ's mixed race gives him a very foreign look of In Ho although he hasnt been active in Korea for several years now.

TBH I wouldn't mind them pushing the production back if that means they can get the casting and story down to the T.

@star2010

Oh I forgot Lee Min Ki is serving military duty ...back to square one then.But he'd that condescending look which fits in for Baek In Ho.

@Bissu

I don't think they can hold on production for long...as this drama's supposed to come on October or something right

And as someone else mentioned earlier...later in the toon there's the character of Sul's brother...I wish Sungjae takes it..he's got the same hair color.

@star2010

Oh I forgot Lee Min Ki is serving military duty ...back to square one then.But he'd that condescending look which fits in for Baek In Ho.

@Bissu

I don't think they can hold on production for long...as this drama's supposed to come on October or something right

And as someone else mentioned earlier...later in the toon there's the character of Sul's brother...I wish Sungjae takes it..he's got the same hair color.

Sung Jae has dyed his hair back to black though lol

I personally think Lee Hyun Woo matches Hong Joon character better, because Hong Joon is someone who's bubbly, outgoing, and has cutesy streaks. LHW would be able to express that cutesy well considering his acting in To The Beautiful You. But I don't mind Sung Jae as Hong Joon, especially since Sung Jae himself said he wanna try acting as Hong Joon.

They're taking so long to cast the remaining characters after confirming Park Hae Jin. But then again I don't mind the long wait as long as they get the right cast that match the actual characters.

‘Cheese’ set for October 5

29074006.jpg

TvN’s new webtoon-based drama “Cheese in the Trap,” starring actor Park Hae-jin has been confirmed to begin airing October 5. 

The actress to star alongside Park has not yet been confirmed. 

“Since Park has the perfect image as the main lead of the drama series, many people have high expectations for the project,” said a person related to the drama.

“We are trying our best to find the actress who perfectly fits the image of the character. It doesn’t matter whether the celebrity is a newbie or a veteran.”

“Cheese in the Trap” is a thriller-romance story that has gained popularity in Korea and around the world, in countries like China, Thailand and Indonesia.

Park made his debut in 2006 through the KBS drama “Famous Chil Princesses.” Since then, he has taken part in a slew of dramas including “My Daughter Seo-young” (2012), “Doctor Stranger” (2014) and most recently “Bad Guys” (2014). Park is also scheduled to star in a Chinese drama named “Secret Society of Men ? Friends” (working title).

BY JIN MIN-JI
koreajoongangdaily.joins.com/news/article/article.aspx?aid=3005958

Park He Jin's New Drama Has An Airdate

park-hae-jin.jpg?w=600

Park Hae Jin's new drama "Cheese In The Trap" finally has an airdate. The drama has been confirmed as starting on October 5.

The actor confirmed his role in the webtoon-based drama in late May and that led to high expectations for the drama, but there have not been a lot of developments since then.

The drama's production company, Eight Works, was eager to cast Park Hae Jin, saying that he perfectly matched the webtoon character of Yoo Jung.

"We persistently sent him love calls," said an Eight Works representative.

The character of Yoo Jung is kind, handsome, wealthy, smart and stylish. He's known on his college campus as Mr. Perfect.

According to the Korean media outlet Joongang Daily, the actress who would play his co-star has not yet been cast.

"We are trying our best to find the actress who perfectly fits the image of the character. It doesn't matter whether she is a newbie or a veteran," said a tvN representative.

The female role the producers are now auditioning for is that of to hard-working college student Hong Sul. She's so cynical she can't believe that her fellow student Yoo Jung is so perfect or is really interested in her. He must have an ulterior motive or be hiding a terrible dark secret. Things started to go wrong in her life once she met him. What's up? Is it a coincidence? Or is there a mystery to unravel?

The drama is based on the Naver webtoon "Cheese In The Trap," which is popular in Korea, China, Thailand and Indonesia.

Basing a drama on a webtoon can result in successful ratings but there's no guarantee. Webtoon-inspired dramas that were a success include the surprise hit "Misaeng," "The Girl Who Sees Smells," and "Flower Boys Next Door." But there's no guarantee "Hyde, Jekyll and Me," "Pretty Man" and "Doctor Frost" did not do well in the ratings.  Casting the right actors is essential.

Park Hae Jin is known for his roles in "East of Eden" and "My Daughter Seo Young," as well as playing Jun Ji Hyun's long-suffering second-lead suitor in "My Love From Another Star." He played Lee Jong Suk's romantic and professional rival in "Doctor Stranger" and also appeared in the OCN series "Bad Guys."

This year, he also stars in the Chinese drama "Secret Society of Men - Friends" and has a part in the film "Snow In Sea Breeze."

Have you read the webtoon? Which actress do you see playing Hong Sul?

kdramastars.com/articles/88413/20150629/park-he-jins-new-drama-has-an-airdate.htm

Archived