Guest ororomunroe

sorry if i missed reading, but which network will this show on?

Park Hae Jin really is perfect as Yoo Jung, he has the perfect look and good acting. But if they keep the college setting then maybe it's better to cast an actress who is not too young, as Hong Sul.

(I personally prefer Chun Woo Hee, with my second choice place going to Kang Sora. Woo Hee has that look of Hong Sul, she is also reaaalllly talented. And she only 4 years apart in age from PHJ!)

​It hasn't been stated which network this show will be broadcasted. My bet is this drama will be on a cable station, most probably on tvN.

Julien Kang would be perfect (looks wise) for Baek Inho :wub: ugghhh but is his korean as fluent as it needs to be??? what about his acting??? (Even Dennis Oh or Ricky Kim but they don't speak korean T.T)

Honestly I can't see Kim Woo Bin as In Ho he looks way too korean....... The Baek siblings aren't just koreans who have foreign like feautures. Baek Inho actually gets mistaken for being a foreigner EVEN by foreigners....

I don't think I'm that worried over the casting of all the other characters but the Baek siblings(they have such a hugeee role in the plot). It's always emphasized how Baek Inho looks like a foreigner and even joked about that fact. HE looks so much like a foreigner yet his name is 100% korean and he speaks korean fluently. Ugh I wouldn't be so hung up on this if it wasn't so important in the story but almost every moment Inho is introduced to another character they always mention "the foreigner" "the yankee".  

​The problem in casting half foreigner is that Baek In Ho's Korean is supposed to be on native level (since he's actually a Korean and has lived all his life in Korea as well). So I eliminate all those non-native Koreans since his Korean is supposed to not have accent at all, even if there is it's pretty hard to find one who's in In Ho's age bracket and with acting chops, let alone actually looks like Baek In Ho.

So the closest foreigner-look like and Baek In Ho-look like wise with acting chops I can came up with is Kim Woo Bin. He still looks Korean, but I also think he can pass as a half as well, though of course can't be as foreign as Baek In Ho actually is (tbh the first time I got to know Kim Woo Bin I thought he might have a foreigner blood because of his features lol).

Idk let's leave it to production team how they will tune up the aspect of foreigner jokes part if only they casted someone who still looked like a Korean so much for Baek In Ho.

• Replies 13.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Rita1986

Oh My God! I love this webtoon so much that when I heard that they will make it into a drama I was so shocked that for a moment I thought that I was dreaming. I hope that more news are updated quickly. :wub:

​It hasn't been stated which network this show will be broadcasted. My bet is this drama will be on a cable station, most probably on tvN.

​The problem in casting half foreigner is that Baek In Ho's Korean is supposed to be on native level (since he's actually a Korean and has lived all his life in Korea as well). So I eliminate all those non-native Koreans since his Korean is supposed to not have accent at all, even if there is it's pretty hard to find one who's in In Ho's age bracket and with acting chops, let alone actually looks like Baek In Ho.

So the closest foreigner-look like and Baek In Ho-look like wise with acting chops I can came up with is Kim Woo Bin. He still looks Korean, but I also think he can pass as a half as well, though of course can't be as foreign as Baek In Ho actually is (tbh the first time I got to know Kim Woo Bin I thought he might have a foreigner blood because of his features lol).

Idk let's leave it to production team how they will tune up the aspect of foreigner jokes part if only they casted someone who still looked like a Korean so much for Baek In Ho.

​my choice for Beak In Ho is Robin Deiana, he has BIH's look

tumblr_njt90nCgjn1t0cf9qo8_250.gif

although he is foreigner, his korean is quite good (but i dont know whether he has accent when he speaks). I have no opinion about his acting since he hasnt had any acting jobs before. Giving him a chance, maybe we can get unexpected result like Seo Ii Guk with Reply 1997

my second choice for Baek In Ho is Julian Quintart. He is also an actor so it s not a wild card like Robin.

223A3F4954310A0F145AB8

@star2010 Robin can pass as Baek In Ho looks wise, but from what I hear his Korean is a bit accented. Also Idk about his acting skill is.

Baek In Ho and Baek In Ha casting are pretty confusing, I will leave it to the production team to cast any suitable person.

my fantasy bek duo is a tamra reunion: blonde seo woo as cray cray bek inha, pierre deporte (though he's MIA) as bek inho

julienne kang would dwarf hae jin in terms of physique, so no. fabien yoon, perhaps? 

JO BOAH for Hong Sul. 

I'm reading this currently..and seems like Baek In Ho is the more entertaining one..lol..does anyone know what happens in the end. ..is the series finished yet?

​Not finished yet. It's currently on season 3 chapter 96. I know right it's pretty long. I've been following this webtoon ever since this webtoon only had 25 chapters in total which was about 3-4 years ago, but until now it hasn't been finished. Right now the webtoon has about 200+ chapters in total. Originally the author planned to make it only 150 chapters, but somehow it got longer lol

Considering this I wonder how they will end the drama ver since it doesn't seem like the mystery of Jung's actions have all been revealed until now (well I've only read up until season 3 chapter 45 so far because that's the newest chapter that has been translated so far).

@riribl..yah it does seem like a complicated story ..rather dark one...hope they do justice to the main storyline

I can see that the writer updates the story once a week ..so  my math says it's gonna be a while this ends..that's too frustrating lol..considering this is the first webtoon I'm reading

@nearsea

Until which chapter have you read so far?

Imo Yoo Jung is an much more interesting character than Baek In Ho. Because Yoo Jung has so many layers in him that you have to peel it off one by one to get him and his turn of action from ostracizing Hong Sul to being all nice to her is the most questionable one. His way of thinking is complicated.

Meanwhile for Baek In Ho, you can see him right away from his expression and his attitude. He's rowdy but is a simple person. So different with Yoo Jung lol

@riribi... I've read upto season 2 chapter 20 ..but I read pretty fast so it would be over soon I guess :S

You're right though..Jung Yoo is more complicated and somewhere in between good and bad...I found the flashback conversation between him and Gong Joo Yong most interesting..that somewhat answers Jung's questionable personality...I think he is still judging everyone but just keeping a nice mask in front lol... .

@riribl..yah it does seem like a complicated story ..rather dark one...hope they do justice to the main storyline

I can see that the writer updates the story once a week ..so  my math says it's gonna be a while this ends..that's too frustrating lol..considering this is the first webtoon I'm reading

​Also the writer did take breaks and those breaks are pretty long. There are those breaks that is for the writer to rest, and there are also some breaks because the writer got sick. Actually the webtoon got continued just recently because the writer got sick so she got a long break. If I'm not wrong the most recent break lasted up to 3 months.  Idk if she'll get some more breaks later before finishing the story.

I may have said it before but i'm very happy Park Hae Jin accepted at last and confirmed the role,waiting for his confirmation from the moment they rumored him for the role,he is just perfect for Yoo Jung even more when this one is such a slightly dark and complex character...now i hope to see who the Bae InHo and our heroine Sul will be...as well i really hope they will not touch the characters original character and story and let it just like this for once,both lead characters are such rich and intresting characters especially Yoo Jung who i really find slightly(i confess a lot) sociopatic(even his dad is afraid of him),his story arc with InHo and the misunderstandings from way back and their compelx situation and Yoo Jung journey and steps of changing after being in a relationship with Sul..hope they don't distroy such a complex character developed webtoon like they like to do...Park Hae Jin is just perfect to lay out all the creepiness and actons of Yoo Jung so i'm the most eager to see giving life,even ore when i consider him pretty creepy most of the webtoon also if they do it right and stick to the original Yoo Jung might be one of the most compelx characters in a long time in dramaland

​Also the writer did take breaks and those breaks are pretty long. There are those breaks that is for the writer to rest, and there are also some breaks because the writer got sick. Actually the webtoon got continued just recently because the writer got sick so she got a long break. If I'm not wrong the most recent break lasted up to 3 months.  Idk if she'll get some more breaks later before finishing the story.

​I'm also thinking...how they are going to change this webtoon into a drama considering this is kind of a novel with 3 volumes each consisting 50 or more chapters  and still unfinished.This has to be a long one..with at least 30 episodes :S

Guest tinyinfinity

I seriously created this account just for this drama lol.

When I first read about Park Haejin being in this drama, I got curious and went to read the webtoon, and now I'm obsessed!!! I'm in so much pain because only 45 chapters of season 3 have been translated so far ._. This is one of the most impressive and complex and captivating stories I've ever read, which means a lot coming from me who has read like a gazillion of shoujo mangas and the like. My main concern for the drama is how they'll show Sul's thoughts because she thinks A LOT and understanding her thoughts is vital in understanding her. Also, there are many subtleties in the characters' interactions, which might be hard to show correctly.

I am so so so happy that Park Haejin is playing Yoo Jung. Even his eyes look like Jung's lol. And I've heard that he was great in playing a psychopath in Bad Guys?

As for who should play Sul, my favorites right now are Moon Chaewon (my goddess), Kim Jiwon, Park Shinhye. They all look young enough and pretty in an understated way (and Jiwon & Chaewon have quite similar eyes to Sul's). I've seen many people say that PSH's acting is bad, but I've seen her in The Heirs (where she played a kinda similar role to Sul) and she was pretty good imo?  

Praying to drama gods that Chun Woo Hee will be casted as Hong Sul. I can picture her as Sul together with Park Hae Jin as Jung already. They will look perfect.

EXO Chanyeol could be an apt Euntaek just for the look and dorkiness (but can he act?). Suspension of disbelief mode: TOP as Bek Inho. 

​Nah Chan Yeol's vibe is totally different with Eun Taek. Eun Taek needs someone who looks calm on the outside but can actually be dorky.

I seriously created this account just for this drama lol.

When I first read about Park Haejin being in this drama, I got curious and went to read the webtoon, and now I'm obsessed!!! I'm in so much pain because only 45 chapters of season 3 have been translated so far ._. This is one of the most impressive and complex and captivating stories I've ever read, which means a lot coming from me who has read like a gazillion of shoujo mangas and the like. My main concern for the drama is how they'll show Sul's thoughts because she thinks A LOT and understanding her thoughts is vital in understanding her. Also, there are many subtleties in the characters' interactions, which might be hard to show correctly.

I am so so so happy that Park Haejin is playing Yoo Jung. Even his eyes look like Jung's lol. And I've heard that he was great in playing a psychopath in Bad Guys?

As for who should play Sul, my favorites right now are Moon Chaewon (my goddess), Kim Jiwon, Park Shinhye. They all look young enough and pretty in an understated way (and Jiwon & Chaewon have quite similar eyes to Sul's). I've seen many people say that PSH's acting is bad, but I've seen her in The Heirs (where she played a kinda similar role to Sul) and she was pretty good imo?  

​i dont mean to be rude, but PSH's role in Heirs is no way similar to Sul. Sul while is a people-pleaser is willing to address her problem and talks to Jung about that. Also, she is very independent. PSH's role in Heirs is a typical candy, who cant do anything and always follows the male lead's orders.

Your other two actresses: Moon ChaeWon and Kim Ji Won are great choices.

I hope TvN will take up this drama as it s the only network which does justice to the original webtoon, i.e: Miseang

SBS is a disaster. All the webtoon adaptations on SBS just borrow the name and then change all the stories

dont know how MBC does with adaptation, need to wait and see Lee Goon Ki's Scholar.

No to KBS. they would cut all Gong Joo Yong and AP Hul's story out since the station is so conservative. But that story arc is one of my favorite 

Archived