Guest ororomunroe

^ The original soompi article did say a lot of female actresses were given an opportunity to play Sul as well so maybe it's just because Suzy is controversial/popular.

But I 100% agree with Knetz, if they put her on, they're basically failing this drama before it starts. :tears:

2. [+2,723, -114] I normally don't care about webtoon characters synching with their actors but this isn't an issue of synching ㅠㅠ Hongseol's a very emotional character that they're going to need a really talented actress to pull off ㅠㅠ

Some said she's just being used as mediaplay.. maybe that's the case.. personally i don't think she can pull off being Sul, i think i've became too attached to that character, i don't want them to mess Sul up! Plus, they already have a strong actor as a male lead..urghhh..*please don't screw this up* 

Oh sorry.. i think it's my first time posting in here! Hi, i think it was kinda random of my popping out of nowhere! hahaha my eonnies    @kyunii88 @kaiskloset and @icemaid summoned me here.. 

• Replies 13.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

^ The original soompi article did say a lot of female actresses were given an opportunity to play Sul as well so maybe it's just because Suzy is controversial/popular.

But I 100% agree with Knetz, if they put her on, they're basically failing this drama before it starts. :tears:

2. [+2,723, -114] I normally don't care about webtoon characters synching with their actors but this isn't an issue of synching ㅠㅠ Hongseol's a very emotional character that they're going to need a really talented actress to pull off ㅠㅠ

Does TvN pull the same trick with Suzy and CitT like the network did with Hyeri and Reply 1988?

1. Announcing the casting to test the water

2. Knetz give negative feedbacks

3. TvN claimed the said idol was just one of many the network considerd

4. TvN confirmed the said idol anyway despite the outrage 

Plz, dont tell me this casting drama is happening with CitT

miss A’s Suzy in Talks to Star in Webtoon-Based Drama “Cheese in the Trap”

miss A’s Suzy in Talks to Star in Webtoon-Based Drama “Cheese in the Trap”

It has been reported that miss A member Suzy is currently in talks to take on the starring role in tvN’s upcoming Monday-Wednesday drama “Cheese in the Trap.”

“Cheese in the Trap” is a drama based on the original popular 2010 web comic series by the same name. It is a thriller romance that tells the story of love and conflict between a university student named Hong Seol, and her boyfriend,Yoo Jung.

According to a broadcast official, Suzy recently received a casting offer for the role of the female lead, Hong Seol, and is in the middle of looking it over. If accepted, Suzy will be acting alongside actor Park Hae Jin, who has already confirmed his casting as the male lead character.

Another broadcast official is said to have revealed, “Not only Suzy, but many other actresses are also strong candidates for the female lead casting.”

Do you think Park Hae Jin and Suzy would be a good match for this drama?

source: soompi

If Suzy plays Sul, i m out. Not only she does not have Sul's aura, but also her acting is terrible to portray the complex of the character. Suzy would play Sul like a typical Candy, and i seriously dont want to see untalented actress destroy my beloved Sul. 

My personal choices would be Go Ara or Chun Woo Hee. However, Go Ara wont take new project in the second half of this year so she can finish her master thesis. And Choo Woo Hee is busy with her new historical movie with Yoo Yeon Seok and Han Hyo Joo. They are out of the race. But there are many other talented actresses that i would be ok with like Moon Chae Won, Kang Sora or Kim Go Eun ( i really hope to see Go Eun in small screen. If TvN is able to bring back Park Bo Young, the network is capable to get another young talent movie actress)

Agree with you about Suzy.

Chun Woo Hee will be busy with her new movie, I will go with Kang Sora.

She has completed her drama & after some rest, she can spend another month getting into character. Her emotional scenes were well done in her past projects & she had good chemistry with Park Hae Jin in DS & will have no problem working with him. So hopefully she will be offered the role.

Another broadcast official is said to have revealed, “Not only Suzy, but many other actresses are also strong candidates for the female lead casting.”

Do you think Park Hae Jin and Suzy would be a good match for this drama?

source: soompi

hahahaha lemme breath a little before going to sleeep. aigoo this is such a jolting news..

at this point of im loving the webtoon im still finishing season 1 so im kinda hopeful still. anyways,

whoever they cast as Sul, lets give her a cheer chingus.... but Park Hae Jin and Suzy?  gotta wait for other opt ....ciao bzzzzzz

Some said she's just being used as mediaplay.. maybe that's the case.. personally i don't think she can pull off being Sul, i think i've became too attached to that character, i don't want them to mess Sul up! Plus, they already have a strong actor as a male lead..urghhh..*please don't screw this up* 

Oh sorry.. i think it's my first time posting in here! Hi, i think it was kinda random of my popping out of nowhere! hahaha my eonnies    @kyunii88 @kaiskloset and @icemaid summoned me here.. 

.hahaha hugs sis @pandalove1 lets camp here and cheer for haejin oppa now that we

still have some WACs withdrawal lols...and this casting wait is soo familiar with us warmers right hahaha

and im excited to know who theyre gonna cast as baek inho. some stans says yongjae already casted, then

there's Kim Woo Bin (hahaha again, familiar with waiting), anyways, CitT fighting!

lets test the water shall we, says tvN hahaha

and here's Suzy via kukmin daily

Media preview

Guest Bissu

Hi ^^. I think so too. I'm really hoping it's just to bring attention to the drama and they'll choose someone else at the end. I'll probably drop it otherwise. 

Does TvN pull the same trick with Suzy and CitT like the network did with Hyeri and Reply 1988?

1. Announcing the casting to test the water

2. Knetz give negative feedbacks

3. TvN claimed the said idol was just one of many the network considerd

4. TvN confirmed the said idol anyway despite the outrage 

Plz, dont tell me this casting drama is happening with CitT

I really hope they're not doing that with CitT. I know they've done it in the past Reply series and it has worked out well for the leading females (Eunji and Go Ara) but those characters were not known to the public. This case is completely different where most of us have already formed a liking to Sul and know who she is, how she acts, and thinks. For Suzy to pull that off this early in her career + her past track record with acting, the future of this drama will be bleak if they do choose her. :( 

Hancinema also published an article about Suzy and mentioning other actresses are in consideration (without naming other candidates.)

They are all probably using the same source.

Lets wait and see... I hope not also.

I hope they consider other actresses.. Yes sora is my baby and I would love for her to land this role,  but I'm fine with other actresses landing this role too, but i just hope they find someone who fits the criteria of Sul cause im attached to the character , so I hope they'll get someone who can bring the best out of Sul! 

Yes! For now I'm here for Haejin Oppa! :D

Suzy up to headline tvN’s Cheese in the Trap

http://www.dramabeans.com/2015/07/suzy-up-to-headline-tvns-cheese-in-the-trap/

suzy_80.jpg

Huh, so Cheese in the Trap, the highly anticipated webtoon-adapted drama starring Park Hae-jin (Dr. Stranger, You From Another Star), is considering adding Suzy (Gu Family Book) in the leading lady role. Everyone, buckle up for a bumpy ride on the media play train — already reaction is vocal and loud and pretty conflicted.

According to Suzy’s representation at JYP Entertainment, she received the offer for the lead role of Hong-seol and is considering the drama. The production company confirmed sending Suzy the script, but added that “there was no further discussion.” No decisions have been made on either side.

The character is described as an ordinary and thoughtful college student with an occasional tough side. Park Hae-jin signed on to the project early on, and plays the heroine’s sunbae and later boyfriend. He’s the perfect type of guy, boasting good looks, background, education, and style, though he’s also got a mysterious streak and a “dark inner side” behind his kindly face. From what I’ve read of the webtoon, it’s not a dark or shady story so I don’t suppose that he’s quite as sinister as that wording suggests, though maybe webtoon-readers can fill us in on the details.

Already I’m seeing a ton of fan reactions to the casting, with some excited over Suzy’s casting (she IS pretty much the It Girl of her generation, in terms of popularity and starpower) amidst a pretty sizable wave of discontent. It kind of reminds me of the uproar when Yoon-ah was almost cast in Cantabile Tomorrow, which was so negative that everyone quickly backtracked. Like Nodame Cantabile, Cheese in the Trap has a fervent and protective fanbase, and it seems that more people feel Suzy’s not a good image fit than the opposite.

And while I do really like Suzy on a personal level (in that she seems sweet and I have general warm feelings about her as a person), let’s just say her acting ability is perhaps the least of her charms. She can work in cutely funny roles that poke fun at herself, as in Dream High (where they made a whole plot point out of her inability to emote) or even Big, but I always find myself frustrated that she doesn’t connect emotionally with her characters or make me feel for them. I want a heroine who makes me care!

We’ll have to see which way the production team takes this fan response as they continue the casting process. The drama, directed by Coffee Prince and Heart to Heart PD Lee Yoon-jung, will air as a Monday-Tuesday drama on tvN later this year.

cheese9.jpg

Suzy considered for the lead role in ‘Cheese In The Trap’

A number of industry insiders said Suzy was offered the role of female protagonist Hong Seol, and that she was contemplating options at the moment. Other actresses are also being considered.

For the male lead, actor Park Hae-jin has been set to take the role since early on. Park is perhaps best known for his supporting role in the hit drama series “My Love From the Star,” where he acted the lead female character’s affluent friend and secret admirer. 

Anticipation and speculation is mounting as to what chemistry Suzy and Park will show should they pair up in the upcoming drama. 

Suzy has previously shown stable acting as lead roles in “Architecture 101,” “Gu Family Book,” and more.

“Cheese in the Trap,” originally a web-based thriller romance cartoon under the same title, boasts a great number of accumulated fans since its launching five years ago in July 2010. 

The TV series will kick off in the latter half of this year on tvN channel as a Monday-Tuesday drama. 

Producer Lee Yun-jeong of the 2007 hit “The Coffee Prince” will take the megaphone. 

By Lim Jeong-yeo (kaylalim@heraldcorp.com)
kpopherald.koreaherald.com/view.php?ud=201507071129568262322_2

Guest adikkeluangman

Suzy in talks to star opposite Park Hae Jin in tvN drama 'Cheese In The Trap'!

Fans have been eagerly waiting for Suzy's next drama role as she pushed back her acting plans for miss A's comeback this past spring. And her next role on the small screen could be tvN's anticipated drama, 'Cheese In The Trap'!

According to JYP Entertainment, Suzy has received the script for the female lead role and is considering the offer. If she accepts the role, she'll play opposite the previously confirmed Park Hae Jin. 

CJRtysKVEAE2O0x.jpg

'Cheese In The Trap' is a thriller and a romance about an average university student named Hongsul who meets a mysterious sunbae named Yoojung. It's based off a very popular webtoon, so there's definitely a lot of hype for the drama adaptation!

Do you want Suzy to take on this role?

http://www.allkpop.com/article/2015/07/suzy-in-talks-to-star-opposite-park-hae-jin-in-tvn-drama-cheese-in-the-trap

Hope this is true. She already decline to appear in drama The Girl Who Sees Smells due to miss A comeback. Her schedule now kinda free since her upcoming movie, The Hymnn slated to release in December. Come on girl. You can do this and this is tvN for webtoon. 

Guest Bissu

Hope this is true. She already decline to appear in drama The Girl Who Sees Smells due to miss A comeback. Her schedule now kinda free since her upcoming movie, The Hymnn slated to release in December. Come on girl. You can do this and this is tvN for webtoon. So far it's already few hours and JYPE don't give any statement yet.

You want her to play Sul?? Have you read the webtoon?

NOOO!!!!
1. her image is different than what I think of Hong Sul to be
2. based on what people said about her acting skills, I doubt she’ll be able to pull off the complexity of Hong Sul well. Hong Sul may seem ordinary, but she’s no ordinary. She has pretty complex emotions and it needs a good actress to act it out especially because the whole story is told from Hong Sul’s pov. I’ll be so angry if they ruin Hong Sul character because of lacking acting skill because Hong Sul is my favorite female lead of all time and plays a crucial role in this story

You're taking so damn long for casting the female lead, and this is what I get??? Please don't cast Suzy as Sul T___T Sul is too precious to be ruined T____T

Media preview

hoooooooooooooooel. everywhere, from twitter to

Dramabeans, comment sections are kinda warzone in there...you did it tvN,

indeed mediaplay to the extreme :w00t::(

lemme borrow javabeans line so sum it all up....

"Everyone, buckle up for a bumpy ride on the media play train — already reaction is vocal and loud and pretty conflicted."

and to sum up all newsfeeds:

1.  Suzy’s representation at JYP Entertainment said

she received the offer for the lead role of Hong-seol and is considering the drama.

2. The production company confirmed sending Suzy the script, but added that

“there was no further discussion.” No decisions have been made on either side.

and daum page only still have PHJ in there... so fingers cross hahahhahaa

Media preview

I think what's even more important is this story is character-driven story rather than story-driven, as in, this story is where the characters lead the story rather than the story leads the character.

Let me rephrase that: this story is Sul-driven story, it's not the story that leads where the Sul goes. So it's really REALLY important to cast a good actress who can deliver Sul well, not a subpar actress. The whole story and all will be ruined if the one who acts as Sul can not deliver Sul's role well.

Guest ororomunroe

update from netizenbuzz:

Article: JYP, producers, tvN reps: "Suzy was offered the role... NOT confirmed for the role"

Source: TV Report via Naver

1. [+5,480, -195] Suzy's super super pretty but she should look into picking up another drama instead of this. This webtoon has such a big mania fanbase that she's going to get hate if she doesn't live up to expectations... supporting role is fine but please keep the leads with real actors.

2. [+3,644, -204] I'm worried that she's going to get hate.. I'd rather she just not do it.

3. [+3,335, -95] Whoever takes on the role of Hongseol will basically be willingly drinking a cup of poison. Hongseol has an extremely sensitive and complex range of emotions in the webtoon and it's going to be hard for an average actor to pull it off. If she pulls it off, this might be an opportunity for her to put an end to her acting controversies once and for all but she's putting everything at risk with her status as one of the top idols and why risk that at all?

4. [+618, -27] Great... now all we need to do is turn that NOT confirmed into a full on rejection ㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠ You're no Hongseol

5. [+544, -51] I like Suzy but this is wrong. I want to ask her: have you read the webtoon? I want to ask the producers: do you have a true understanding of Hongseol's character? I know that this webtoon is super popular but they shouldn't be greedy with the adaptation. Suzy has tons of other work she can be doing so she should reject this role and the producers need to go back to searching for someone with the acting skills to pull this off. Please make it a real actor. Hongseol is everything to this and acting skills are much needed for it to work.

Cr: NB

Archived