• Director: Lee Yoon-Jung
  • Writer: Soon Ggi (original comic)
  • Network: tvN
  • Episodes:
  • Release Date: January 4, 2016 --
  • Runtime: Mondays & Tuesdays 23:00
  • Language: Korean

Plot:

Drama depicts the delicate relationship between female university student Hong-Seol (Kim Go-Eun) and her senior Yoo-Jung (Park Hae-Jin). Hong-Seol works part-time due to her family's poor background. Yoo-Jung is good looking, gets good grades, athletic and has a kind personality, but he has a dark side.

Notes:

1. "Cheese in the Trap" takes over the tvN Mondays & Tuesdays 23:00 time slot previously occupied by "Bubblegum” and will be followed by "Pied Piper" March, 2016.
  2. Based on webcomic "Cheese in the Trap” by Soon Ggi (first published from July 7, 2010 via comic.naver.com/webtoon/)
  3. Actress Bae Suzy was offered the lead female role, but declined.
  4. Actress Kim Go-Eun turned down the lead female role due to scheduling issues, but accepted after director Lee Yoon-Jung repeatedly asked her to accept the role and also adjusted the series shooting schedule for her.
  5. "Cheese in the Trap" is the first drama series performance by Kim Go-Eun, she has performed in feature films exclusively up to this point.
  6. Filming began September, 2015.

Cast:

Drama Poster:

pr1oAPq.jpg

d2YolWS.jpg

Spoiler

6GqMosX.jpg

ZivfaEZ.jpg

jySOdcw.jpg

Character Posters:

VlUpxbm.jpg

5aEnEOq.jpg

Spoiler

aOjeaYU.jpg

Y8XFJHp.jpg

rpa2ViV.jpg

ByaOEy9.jpg

Trailers:

Spoiler

Dramafever's Eng-subbed playlist here - https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLP2-3Uv-Z3dKQVomYwNMz_pKaKS1SHRnJ

Behind The Scenes:

Spoiler

Relationship Chart:

xyiKK3K.jpg

Script Reading Pics + Video:

Ratings:

Date Episode AGB TNmS
2016-01-04 1 3.597 2.6
2016-01-05 2 4.839 2.9

Official Subbing Site:

Dramafever - http://www.dramafever.com/drama/4747/Cheese_in_the_Trap/

You can read the webtoon here - http://www.webtoons.com/en/romance/cheese-in-the-trap/list?title_no=99 or http://www.oddsquad.org/p/cheese-in-trap.html

CIIT FAQ - https://docs.google.com/document/d/10n5RjOrgHA2pQnsKgxJgXkTDXVyV84McpcfV8Pm7KRs/mobilebasic

01.Soompi code of conduct SOOMPI RULES FOR KDRAMA | MOVIES | ACTORS' & ACTRESS' SECTION

Don't post any requests for subs!

Anything unrelated to the drama plot is considered spamming. 

Don't quote images.

01.Due to the copyright/legal problems, no illegal streaming links will/should be posted on this thread as there had been major crackdowns going on lately.02.Any complaints about any streaming links will be counted as spam and will be reported to the mods.03.Any complaints of the respective companies such as Viki, youtube, Etc.. should be report to the respective companies instead of posting your complaints here.04.Those who are caught breaking the soompi posting rules more than 5 times will have their Id/IDs reported the mods. 05.Those who are caught promoting/posting illegal streaming links with subs ( those without permission from the orginal subbers and doesn't have copyrights like  SOOMPI TV, Viki, Dramafever, Kdrama.com or Crunchyroll) will have their ID's reported to the mods for endangering Soompi to legal issues for illegal streaming sites promotions.

PLEASE GIVE CREDIT TO WHERE CREDIT IS DUE

• Replies 13.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest ororomunroe

Park Hae Jin Confirms Lead Role in Webtoon-Based Drama “Cheese in the Trap”

It has been confirmed that actor Park Hae Jin will be taking on the lead male role in a new drama.

On May 20, a representative of the actor’s agency, WM Company, revealed, “Park Hae Jin has been cast as the male lead character, Yoo Jung, in ‘Cheese in the Trap.’ He is currently focusing on preparing for his character.”

“Cheese in the Trap” is a drama based on the original popular web comic series by the same name. It tells the story of love and conflict between a university student named Hong Seol, and her boyfriend, Yoo Jung.

Park Hae Jin is preparing to take on the role of an all-around perfect character—from his looks and fashion, to his grades and family background. Behind his nice and sweet appearance, however, hides his terrifying side.

Many fans of the webtoon have already begun to express their excitement for the drama, as he was previously voted as the actor that best fits the character description of Yoo Jung.

Are you looking forward to the drama?

Cr: Soompi

Guest ororomunroe

Park Hae Jin Leads Drama Adaptation Of Webtoon 'Cheese In The Trap'

Ten Asia- Naver: Park Hae Jin confirmed as male lead in drama version of webtoon 'Cheese in the Trap' 

1. [+8506, -68] Heol. Daebak, Park Hae Jin's finally doing it

2. [+6667, -80] Daebak!!!!!! This suits him well. Great job in casting him!

3. [+5726, -66] Oh yes. Park Hae Jin is Yoo Jung. Oh yes

4. [+5459, -114] Daebak! I can't wait:) Just don't cast idols..

5. [+4881, -56] Daebak. Please cast good actors for the rest of the cast ㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠ

6. [+945, -17] That's what I'm talking about. Just don't cast an idol for Hong Seol's role and this will be a guaranteed success

7. [+799, -37] Shout out to  'Reply' and 'Orange Marmalade' production teams. This is how you do casting

8. [+640, -116] Ah thank you so much. I recommend Chun Woo Hee as Hong Seol!! Please. And Lee Min Ki would be so perfect as Baek In Ho....

8. [+196, -11] Those who keep saying that Jung Yu Mi or Oh Yeon Seo would suit the female lead clearly haven't read the webtoon... They don't resemble Hong Seol at all

9. [+122, -6] I suggest picking a rookie actress to play Hong Seol through an audition

10. [+77, -4] Baek In Ho would either be Lee Min Ki or Park Ki Woong
Cr: kkuljaem

Guest ororomunroe

TV: Park Hae-Jin cast as lead role in 'Cheese in the Trap" 

Article: Park Hae Jin cast as lead for webtoon turned drama 'Cheese in the Trap'

Source: Newsen via Nate

1. [+723, -15] The casting is perfect ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ never have I seen a male lead fit so perfectly before ㅎㅎㅎ

2. [+573, -9] Kyah... such a good choice... I wonder who the female lead will be

3. [+516, -7] What about Hongsul? Baek Inho? Baek Inha? Park Hae Jin's the perfect casting but please don't throw idols into this, at least pick some who are good at acting please

4. [+61, -6] The sync is 100%... I recommend Chun Woo Hee-ssi for the female lead 

5. [+36, -2] The most perfect casting I've seen since Harry Potter

6. [+32, -0] The hardest casting will probably be Inho since he has features that make him look foreign... And this webtoon has a lot of internal emotions that need to be acted out so the entire thing will be ruined if they have one bad actor..

7. [+30, -0] This is perfect!!!!!! Please don't cast any idols for the other leads~~~

8. [+26, -5] I want Chun Woo Hee for Hong Seol

Cr: netizenbuzz

Finally more news about this remake! It has been so long since the last news of it.

Tbh I'm a bit disappointed that Park Hae Jin is gonna play as Yoo Jung, since I prefer younger actor to act as one because the setting is in college. But the rumor of casting Park Hae Jin has been for a while and I also heard even the webtoon author herself prefer Park Hae Jin, so I'm gonna see how he pulls it off.

Now for Hong Sul, so far I think Kang So Ra matches Hong Sul image the most. Also seeing how she acts in Warm & Cozy, her character there is similar with Hong Sul so I think she'll be able to act out Hong Sul well. (if she really does get casted it'll be a Doctor Stranger reunion lol). The only problem is when this drama will be airing since KSR is filming Warm & Cozy right now. But it doesn't seem like this drama will be filmed soon so there should be no problem.

For Baek In Ho, Kim Woo Bin would be perfect. Cast him please.

For Hong Joon (Hong Sul's brother), I think Lee Hyun Woo would be great.

I'm so excited for this drama! For ones who haven't read the webtoon, the webtoon is really good I recommend everyone to read it.

Guest ororomunroe

Who do you guys think fit to be casted for the roles? I wanna see your insight :)

​I've just started reading the webtoon so I'll put in my 2 cents after I'm done ;)

There's an article of possible actresses being casted as Hong Sul (female lead)

http://www.fnnews.com/news/201505201418492428

It mentioned YoonA, Lee Yeon Hee, Oh Yeon Seo, Seo Min Ji

I hope none of these actresses casted as Hong Sul because they don't fit Hong Sul's image at all. I hope it's just a mediaplay.

I'm gonna hunt the producer down if they casted wrong actress as Hong Sul. Hong Sul is my favorite female character of all time, she's that great.

There's an article of possible actresses being casted as Hong Sul (female lead)

http://www.fnnews.com/news/201505201418492428

It mentioned YoonA, Lee Yeon Hee, Oh Yeon Seo, Seo Min Ji

I hope none of these actresses casted as Hong Sul because they don't fit Hong Sul's image at all. I hope it's just a mediaplay.

I'm gonna hunt the producer down if they casted wrong actress as Hong Sul. Hong Sul is my favorite female character of all time, she's that great.

Lee Yeon Hee is busy until the end of this year with her current 50 eps drama, so it s impossible for her to join this drama, unless this one wont start filming until next year. YoonA, does she want another backlash like last year with Nodame, since Seol is such a fan favorite?  Oh Yeon Seo and Seo Min Ji, no comment since i havent seen any of their dramas.

My personal choice for Seol is Go Ara or Kim Go Eun.

I agree that they should cast the right actress or at least fan favorite as Seol. Since they did a good job in casting PHJ as Jung, hope they would do the same with Seol. 

@ororomunroe, what are you doing to me?! I don't have time for anymore dramas, and you start a thread that says "Park Hae Jin confirmed"?!

Anyway, the casting is my favourite topic, so i will think about that after reading the webtoon (thanks for the link, @ororomunroe)

I think you can rest assured about YoonA (even though I think she is one of the better idols turned actors/actresses), @riribl. She's filming a movie this year, so I guess she's busy. as for Kim Woo Bin and Kang So Ra... I don't think Kim Woo Bin would take a second lead role, while for So Ra might be too early after Warm and Cozy.

I'm off to read the webtoon.

Yes I agree with you @riribl especially KSR for the role of HS. Hopefully its scheduled for year-end otherwise no chance as KSR is currently filming Warm & Cozy.

Let's hope the casting you wish for will come true. Fingers crossed.

Yes I agree with you @riribl especially KSR for the role of HS. Hopefully its scheduled for year-end otherwise no chance as KSR is currently filming Warm & Cozy.

Let's hope the casting you wish for will come true. Fingers crossed.

​Warm & Cozy will end on July 2nd so she should've wrapped up the filming before that. That means July afterwards she has empty spot. So I think if the filming doesn't start until at least September she still has a chance :)

I was so excited to read this news last night...!  Hi everyone...:)

@ororomunroe, thank you for starting the thread...

Koala's Playgrond wrote about it last year, when Park Hae-Jin was first offered the role.   They had some ideas of actors and actresses for the other roles. What do you all think of their ideas?

chese2.png

Read more on the Koala's Playground.

​I've just started reading the webtoon so I'll put in my 2 cents after I'm done ;)

​Same here....

Park Hae-jin signs on for webtoon-adapted drama Cheese in the Trap

parkhaejin_40.jpg

After being mentioned in conjunction with the project for a while, Park Hae-jin (Bad Guys, Doctor Stranger) has confirmed his next project as the drama Cheese in the Trap, based on the popular webtoon of the same name.

Read article on Dramabeans

Park Hae Jin Confirmed as the Male Lead of Drama Adaptation of Cheese in the Trap

usnds1.jpg

This is most excellent casting news, especially on the suitability factor alone to the role in question. Park Hae Jin will be making his drama land return in 2015 with the webtoon adaptation of Cheese in the Trap. This casting isn’t a surprise since his name has been attached to this project since the beginning, but he was also courted for other dramas including the now filming Scholar Who Walks the Night. I can see him as a Joseon vampire but not as perfectly cast having Lee Jun Ki do it.

Read more on Koala's Playground

I was so excited to read this news last night...!  Hi everyone...:)

@ororomunroe, thank you for starting the thread...

Koala's Playgrond wrote about it last year, when Park Hae-Jin was first offered the role.   They had some ideas of actors and actresses for the other roles. What do you all think of their ideas?
Read more on the Koala's Playground.

​Same here....

​I don't agree with all suggestions for Hong Sul. Moon Chae Won has Sul's vibe but she's too old. Cha Ye Ryun is also too old and her vibe is off. Oh Yeon Seo's vibe is a bit off compared to Sul imo.

I approve Kim Woo Bin for Baek In Ho 100%.

Looking at how Cheese In The Trap's story is, it looks like it'll be more likely on cable station than public station. Perhaps tvN.

@riribl, thank you. We need that "insightful" button back.. I will try to read some more and will gain some more insights... hopefully....

I hope this is real.. I am not finding confirmation of it, and it is older article from April.

Kim Woo Bin Casted To Film Drama Based On Comic Book

kim

"One source, multi-use" is not an uncommon term in the media. There are books remade as movies, and foreign movies remade into new movies. What is the most important in these remakes are the synchronization of the original characters and the actors. In an artificial casting of actors for the drama based on a comic book "Cheese in the Trap," actor Kim Woo Bin was casted as one of the main character.

The popular online comic book "Cheese in the Trap" is a story of the three main characters, Hong Sul, Yoo Jung, and Baek In Ho, who are college friends. Actor Kim Woo Bin was casted for the role of Baek In Ho, who is a good looking man with a temper. He used to be a pianist when he was younger, but he hurt his fingers in an accident and does not play the piano anymore. He works a lot of part time jobs to support himself. He was casted for the role of Baek In Ho because of his character in the popular SBS drama "The Heirs." In "The Heirs," Kim Woo Bin played the "bad boy" character, who also had a deep wound in his heart. 

Source: KdramaStars

I've just started reading the story..thanks to ororomunroe for posting the link =]..and it's kinda funny.However after reading a while..I think Park shin hye could fit in for Seoul's role..she had those reddish hair in flower boy next door..and carried off the quirky role well...

Archived