Guest ororomunroe

Yay for it finally having a fixed air date! Now they need to cast the right persons for the drama. We're going to enter July already but no one except Park Hae Jin has been casted. If they're gonna air the drama on early October, they should have started filming already at least on early September . Therefore I think they should finish casting at least on early August because they need time for script reading and all especially considering this drama has such high anticipation. Maybe they will finish the rest of the castings on July? Hmm.

• Replies 13.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yay for it finally having a fixed air date! Now they need to cast the right persons for the drama. We're going to enter July already but no one except Park Hae Jin has been casted. If they're gonna air the drama on early October, they should have started filming already at least on early September . Therefore I think they should finish casting at least on early August because they need time for script reading and all especially considering this drama has such high anticipation. Maybe they will finish the rest of the castings on July? Hmm.

IIRC, TvN big drama projects like this one usually start filming 2.5-3 months before air date. Thus, we may see the drama confirms the castings soon and begin filming at the end of July.

p.s: unlike dramas on big network which finished around 4 eps before air date, TvN dramas have at least 6 eps finished before premiering (Reply 94 had 10 finished eps and Miseang had 8)

Guest Bissu

So excited! I was worried for a while whether the adaptation would be scrapped since there wasn't anymore news of casting, but now: :w00t::w00t::w00t: lol

IIRC, TvN big drama projects like this one usually start filming 2.5-3 months before air date. Thus, we may see the drama confirms the castings soon and begin filming at the end of July.

p.s: unlike dramas on big network which finished around 4 eps before air date, TvN dramas have at least 6 eps finished before premiering (Reply 94 had 10 finished eps and Miseang had 8)

That's why I'm even more worried, since as I know tvN usually finishes casting earlier since they usually start filming earlier. It'll be slightly better if only they have confirmed the other casts first although they haven't found the right female lead, especially considering how many characters they'll be having in this drama (which is a lot). I hope they have finished casting for the rest and are just waiting to find the right female lead to announce the whole casts, and not rush the casting. They sound like they have prepared this project ages ago so I'm a bit baffled on why does it take so long to find the female lead. Part of me hope that maybe they have found the right actress for the female lead, but they need to work out on the schedule first so that's why it's taking so long.

If they start to film in the end of July but the female lead haven't been found yet until now, I hope by the time they found one the actress will have enough time to prepare for the character so that it'll be acted well. CITT is a story which is told from the female lead pov anyway, so this character is highly important and I don't want this character to be ruined especially considering how awesome the female lead is (one of my favorite of all time). 

Anyway I hope I'll be seeing casting news of this drama soon.

That's why I'm even more worried, since as I know tvN usually finishes casting earlier since they usually start filming earlier. It'll be slightly better if only they have confirmed the other casts first although they haven't found the right female lead, especially considering how many characters they'll be having in this drama (which is a lot). I hope they have finished casting for the rest and are just waiting to find the right female lead to announce the whole casts, and not rush the casting. They sound like they have prepared this project ages ago so I'm a bit baffled on why does it take so long to find the female lead. Part of me hope that maybe they have found the right actress for the female lead, but they need to work out on the schedule first so that's why it's taking so long.

If they start to film in the end of July but the female lead haven't been found yet until now, I hope by the time they found one the actress will have enough time to prepare for the character so that it'll be acted well. CITT is a story which is told from the female lead pov anyway, so this character is highly important and I don't want this character to be ruined especially considering how awesome the female lead is (one of my favorite of all time). 

Anyway I hope I'll be seeing casting news of this drama soon.

i also hope that is the reason they postpone to announce the female lead. If they indeed cast CWH as most fans want, i think they are negotiating the schedule with her right now as she started filming new historical  movie with Yoo Yeon Seok and Han Hyo Joo on Jun 21. i dont know whether they finish casting all other characters but usually the main characters are announced before other casts (even the other casts confirm first)

Agree. I hope the actress would have enough time to study Sul. She needs to read the webtoon and understand Sul deeply in order to play her perfectly. I dont want to see Sul as Candy type character, which is the most common misconception about Sul and this webtoon based on the vague summary.

‘Cheese In The Trap’ Has Confirmed Its Broadcast

6fiuw0sodbn3qqnt6jzmrl8dgkmu6pg1.jpg

Receiving a lot of attention after actor Park Hae Jin’s casting, drama ‘Cheese In The Trap’ finally revealed its broadcasting station and director lineup. The rising drama kingdom, tvN and PD Lee Yoon Jung have emerged as the head of the drama, officially starting its production.

News of Park Hae Jin’s casting was first released in May. He boasted 100% synchronization with the webtoon’s male protagonist Yoo Jung, being ranked first as the desired casting. After he confirmed his appearance, it received a huge response both in Korea and even in China.

PD Lee Yoon Jung will hold the megaphone for ‘Cheese In The Trap.’ She made her name with MBC ‘Coffee Prince,’ starting the ‘Coffee Syndrome’ in the nation. She was recognized for her ability to absorb various genres with medical drama ‘Golden Time.’ Afterwards, she shook viewers’ hearts with tvN ‘Heart to Heart’ and is bringing attention for her new work ‘Cheese In The Trap.’

Rising as a new drama kingdom, tvN captivated the public with its ‘Reply’ series and ‘Misaeng,’ making a name for itself with tvN’s own drama brand. Acknowledged as a trusty drama channel, people anticipate the meeting between ‘Cheese In The Trap’ and tvN. It has been confirmed to be a Monday-Tuesday drama.

Drama production company Eight Works stated, “As news of the drama adaptation was revealed, we want to thank the fans for their support and anticipation. We will do our best to create a good drama.”

Meanwhile, ‘Cheese in The Trap’ is set to start airing in the middle of October.

Source

Agree. I hope the actress would have enough time to study Sul. She needs to read the webtoon and understand Sul deeply in order to play her perfectly. I dont want to see Sul as Candy type character, which is the most common misconception about Sul and this webtoon based on the vague summary.

first time to post in this thread. hugs to all.

checking in this drama after my webtoon marathon  :) 

and here to support PHaeJin since he's the only one confirmed for now,

hope they have a good actress in mind to play Sul, since tvN still didnt

give any hint as to whoever they have in mind.... honestly i will be rooting

for uri Sora since tvN is the one who gave her the biggest break last year in Misaeng,

but as Warm and Cozy wrapping up for finale tonight, no news as to whether

this project was offered and there's no hint as to whether they have her in mind to play

Sul :) so im sitting still and hoping and praying, and peeking now and again until news

of leads come out... fighting!

11412323_1597349880530968_34105824949470

P.S. Sora needs a breather after Warm and Cozy filming non stop in Jeju. a good sleep and rest,

vacation in europe (was it Spain she mentioned of going this time sis @ruzikie) then if that

will be her priority for the next 2 months, dunno if there's enough time for her to get ready for

this project. still, a girl can hope. hope. hope. and pray :)

‘Cheese In The Trap’ Has Confirmed Its Broadcast

Receiving a lot of attention after actor Park Hae Jin’s casting, drama ‘Cheese In The Trap’ finally revealed its broadcasting station and director lineup. The rising drama kingdom, tvN and PD Lee Yoon Jung have emerged as the head of the drama, officially starting its production.

News of Park Hae Jin’s casting was first released in May. He boasted 100% synchronization with the webtoon’s male protagonist Yoo Jung, being ranked first as the desired casting. After he confirmed his appearance, it received a huge response both in Korea and even in China.

PD Lee Yoon Jung will hold the megaphone for ‘Cheese In The Trap.’ She made her name with MBC ‘Coffee Prince,’ starting the ‘Coffee Syndrome’ in the nation. She was recognized for her ability to absorb various genres with medical drama ‘Golden Time.’ Afterwards, she shook viewers’ hearts with tvN ‘Heart to Heart’ and is bringing attention for her new work ‘Cheese In The Trap.’

Rising as a new drama kingdom, tvN captivated the public with its ‘Reply’ series and ‘Misaeng,’ making a name for itself with tvN’s own drama brand. Acknowledged as a trusty drama channel, people anticipate the meeting between ‘Cheese In The Trap’ and tvN. It has been confirmed to be a Monday-Tuesday drama.

Drama production company Eight Works stated, “As news of the drama adaptation was revealed, we want to thank the fans for their support and anticipation. We will do our best to create a good drama.”

Meanwhile, ‘Cheese in The Trap’ is set to start airing in the middle of October.

Source

Park Hae Jin looks so young in that pic. He definitely can pass as a college student if he's styled like in that pic lol

Ugh they're sure taking their sweet time in confirming the other casts while my anticipation built up even more. Even there's no any rumors about other actors being offered a role of this drama.

Message from Viki:

FROM VIKI:

Yesterday my „Cheese In The Trap” channel has been approved.
The Kdrama will be based on the popular webtoon by the same name and Park Hae Jin (Doctor Stranger, My Love From The Star) will be one of the main leads :)

It’s supposed to start airing in October on TvN. If you want this licensed on Viki please fill in the request form

Channel: https://www.viki.com/tv/23141c-cheese-in-the-trap

Request form: https://vikiinc.wufoo.com/forms/title-request-form/

Please make sure to favorite the channel and also submit the title request for

Cheese In The Trap - 치즈인더트랩

Also you can show interest by adding a comment

Cheese In The Trap

Cheese In The Trap - 치즈인더트랩

Guest ororomunroe

@irilight, the Viki request link is taking me to Facebook? 

@ororomunroe, thank you much for alerting me to that.. I just copied from their message originally. But I edited it now, and it is fixed...

cheers! Sent in my request. Let's hope we get it :) 

CWH will be busy filming her new movie so I am hoping for KSR.

If its airing in October, they should start filming by end Aug / early Sep.

Hopefully casting can be confirmed by end of this month / early Aug.

CWH will be busy filming her new movie so I am hoping for KSR.

If its airing in October, they should start filming by end Aug / early Sep.

Hopefully casting can be confirmed by end of this month / early Aug.

super agree sis!

lets hope and pray... aja!

Media preview

Been a while since I last look at this thread and no female lead cast yet it seems.  I'm not familiar with Kang Sora and I've never seen an episode of Warm and Cozy. I prefer  Chun Woo Hee from Han Gongju as the female lead. :)

If Suzy plays Sul, i m out. Not only she does not have Sul's aura, but also her acting is terrible to portray the complex of the character. Suzy would play Sul like a typical Candy, and i seriously dont want to see untalented actress destroy my beloved Sul. 

My personal choices would be Go Ara or Chun Woo Hee. However, Go Ara wont take new project in the second half of this year so she can finish her master thesis. And Choo Woo Hee is busy with her new historical movie with Yoo Yeon Seok and Han Hyo Joo. They are out of the race. But there are many other talented actresses that i would be ok with like Moon Chae Won, Kang Sora or Kim Go Eun ( i really hope to see Go Eun in small screen. If TvN is able to bring back Park Bo Young, the network is capable to get another young talent movie actress)

Guest Bissu

Nooooooo, omg please don't let this happen. Of all the actresses in Korea and you're talking to Suzy! She's horrible and isn't near that level to carry Seol's personality or persona. 

I really hope the PD and Soon Kki will drop her at this stage or this is just a ploy to see how the public will react to news of her casting (which definitely won't be nice from both sides).  Please don't richard simmons this casting up, i don't care if they delay the production for another year or w/e just find someone who can act.

Not so good comments from knetz, i'm sorry but i have to agree with them...:crazy:

Suzy in talks for tvN's 'Cheese in the Trap'

102507515005_99_20150707070604.jpg

Article: [Exclusive] Suzy in talks for female lead in tvN's 'Cheese in the Trap'

Source: MBN via Naver

1. [+3,166, -283] Suzy doesn't fit 'Hongseol' at all. Hongseol is not big boned like Suzy is ㅠㅠ I'm saying this as someone who likes Suzy, please pass on the role..

2. [+2,723, -114] I normally don't care about webtoon characters synching with their actors but this isn't an issue of synching ㅠㅠ Hongseol's a very emotional character that they're going to need a really talented actress to pull off ㅠㅠ

3. [+2,365, -141] Are they nuts????????

4. [+1,978, -88] 90% sure that this is just media play using Suzy's name

5. [+1,873, -83] I.... like... Suzy...... but this isn't right............

6. [+434, -18] Hongseol has a puppy face while Suzy has cat features.. they have completely different vibes too. Sure Suzy's pretty, she's super pretty, but she's not Hongseol ㅠㅠㅠ and Hongseol has a lot of inner wounds that I don't think Suzy's acting skills can pull off..

7. [+346, -12] Her image doesn't fit Suzy at all;;;;;;;;;;; Suzy's pretty but she's not Hongseol...

8. [+351, -21] The producers are making me lose trust in them. They took in netizen opinion by casting Park Hae Jin but now they're throwing in Suzy, who does't even fit at all?;;

9. [+342, -25] We told them not to put in idols, this drama is failure already

10. [+276, -25] They're insane... this has to be a failure

-

Source: Nate

1. [+205, -24] No..

2. [+174, -24] Ah, just please

3. [+156, -21] This is so wrong

4. [+33, -3] Suzy's pretty, sure she's definitely pretty.. but she's not Hongseol, definitely not Hongseol.. Hongseol has a very sharp, cat-like image.. Suzy's a round, cute little puppy.. not Hongseol, not Hongseol at all ㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠ

5. [+32, -11] Let's not stick an idol in the lead roles... supporting roles are fine but leave them out of the leads.

source

Guest Bissu

^ The original soompi article did say a lot of female actresses were given an opportunity to play Sul as well so maybe it's just because Suzy is controversial/popular.

But I 100% agree with Knetz, if they put her on, they're basically failing this drama before it starts. :tears:

2. [+2,723, -114] I normally don't care about webtoon characters synching with their actors but this isn't an issue of synching ㅠㅠ Hongseol's a very emotional character that they're going to need a really talented actress to pull off ㅠㅠ

Archived