Guest ororomunroe

@stargazer187 It's amazing what good light, make-up and a good haircut can do! Wow! ha ha ha

Gosh, YES for Jae Woo and In Ha Talk about opposite attract. If they become true, those two would have interesting dynamics and would complete each other quite well!

@MrsSoJiSub I am still planning on answering you but I need to see the end of episode 10 first (yeah still have not finished watching it... I am writing a paper for a conference next week). Thanks for pointing out the things about Jung's father!

• Replies 13.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Some of the things we can expect from the upcoming episodes:

ep.11 and 12:

1. OYG psycho's stalking to be stopped

2. Seol's fight with parents

3.inha-Jung deal

4.OTP reconciliation and reunion

Whatever the webtoon writer has written chapters will be covered upto ep.12, i suppose.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________

ep.13- 16: Fully drama writer's imagination.

1. revelation of who exactly was responsible for inho's finger injury

2. change of attitude in Jung, what situation made him creepy from a pushover?

3.About Jungs's father /mom

4.Are the OTP going to be together till the end? Reg. other couples, ET/Bora; Jun-ah young; Inha-Jaewoo.  Another thing what we know is a new girl character to be introduced in ep.13 acc. to an instagram picture posted. ET/new girl which creates jealous in Bora and realize her love for ET.

5. Is inho going to pursue his piano aspirations?

These are some of the things that came to my mind, which are to be covered in the coming episodes.  It many not be coherent, so kindly bear with me.  

BTW, webtoon writer and drama writer - they are different persons, are'nt they?

edit: omo, eng sub of ep.9 BTS, did anyone posted this video with subs?  so cute pdnim :wub::wub: 

What did KGE meant when she asked PHJ: "why did the original action changed suddenly"?

Time to unlurk myself for a while. Lol

So regarding the shipping wars, as much as I love jungseol to be the end game, I am going to be more pissed off if they don't resolve the jung-inho dark past just look at those two guys whom i felt that had been genuine friends but because of misunderstandings and rash decisions, it all went downhill. *side eyes jung's dad*. That flashback where jung slapped inho i was like can you please stop im giggling like an idiot here lmao. 

Re:jungseol i guess i dont have anything to add on the jungseol ship defense because a lot of folks here are on the same boat as i am but i totally get why some people are gushing over inho to be with seol, kang joon is a charmer but hae jin too so yeah im gushing over both guys. I may add to that if this was any drama, I'd def choose inho but jung's character is on the opposite side to our rich jerk chaebols who always gets the girl. And i feel people are very much into giving reasons as to why this guy x is better than guy y because he is much nicer he is too cute. etc. however, we are not seol. How ironic that people get the same creepy vibe from jung as seol had noticed of him in the first few episodes but when jung started to show a little bit of emotion and love and seol fell for that, they just cant remove that first impression of him. Kinda blaming it to that weird bgm everytime jung is doing something out of the nice guy character. Wait i said i wont say much but i did some rambling eh. Lol i am such a jungseol and junginho trash and if those ships sink at ep 16, ill pretend this show didnt exist at all. ^_^

P.S forgive my random thoughts i am not very coherent when it comes to writing. :sweatingbullets:

3 hours ago, Anabela Sampaio said:

I believe that her brother called him to know if she was with him and told him that she run away from home! That's when he goes to look for her..at least thats what it seemed to me from the preview

Yes, maybe..I remember in the webtoon her brother didn't call jung, she run away and go to bora house..and the next day she really miss him because everytime she has problem jung always there for her and BAaaM!! sunbae really come to her and comfort her :):)..but anything can happen differently in the drama right? Sorry for my bad english :sweatingbullets:

I'am ready for watch jungxseol lovey dovey moment 2 weeks later :wub::wub: palli..palli..palli..:lol:

33 minutes ago, qwenli said:

@999hearts

ok, I went to google and realise the fortune telling by Prof kang is a teaser. 

Reposting a vid with chinese subs here. PHJ's chinese fans are daebak

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v3HkYCD0VPA

And here are the translations in English

Reveal hidden contents

0:00 text – Cheese in the trap,  the trap that carries cheese

0:06 text – implies an fatal attraction

0:19 Words on brochure: Fortune telling

Love, career, marriage, health all 30,000 one time

0:20 you come to consult on your relationship?

0:23 Oh mine, how can there be such a handsome and pure looking guy

0:28 Daebak

0:29 you don’t know right? The darkness and arrogance in you

0:33 oh its coming, its coming, its already here

0:34 the darkness and nonchalance, the girl that will unrevel everything is here

0:37 its here, its here, its fate

Calling @coffeeboy not sure if you have time to sub this video?:)

Hey ! I haven't had the chance to watchthe vidéo yet.

It will dépend on the length. Bu I will try to do my best.

g.gif?v=ext&j=1%3A3.9.1&blog=50883981&po

CHEESE IN THE TRAP EPISODE 11 PREVIEW

CITe

I knew this will happen.

Since we were showered with lotsa kiss scenes, a break up is waiting ferociously to come next. That painful event is the summary for this week. But wait, the heart ache does not end there! It has been confirmed thatCheese In the Trap won’t be airing next week due to the Lunar New Year celebration. Episode 11 will be shown on February 15.

That only means we all have time to begin again! Before the marathon, here’s the video preview for the next episode. Surely one week of delayed broadcast will be torture. But think of the reward, more Seol and Yoo Jung sweet lovey moments! They are meant to be together again, anyway. Happy waiting!!

Guest parisonheaven

Even though there are no new episodes in the coming week, here is the text preview translation for the episode on the 15th. Have a great Seollal (Lunar New Year) in advance everyone :) 

Episode 11 Text Preview

노골적으로 준과 자신을 차별하는 아버지에게 그간의 서러움이 폭발한 설. 설이 보고 싶은 마음에 무작정 찾아왔던 유정은 집을 뛰쳐나온 설과 마주치고, 애틋한 재회를 나눈 두 사람은 함께 하룻밤을 보내게 된다. 한편 인터넷 사이트에서 누군가 익명으로 올린 자신의 사진을 발견한 영곤. 설을 스토킹하는 모습이 담긴 사진까지 게시판에 올라오자 영곤은 불안함을 느끼고 급기야 인하가 학교까지 찾아오면서 영곤은 인생 최대 위기를 맞는데..

Because of her father's blatant discrimination, Seol who has been feeling sad all this while finally explodes. As Yoo Jung misses Seol a lot, he recklessly goes to find her and they cross paths just as Seol runs away from home, the two of them spend the night together after an emotional reunion. Meanwhile, Young Gon discovers that someone has anonymously posted pictures of himself on the internet. Even photos of him stalking Seol have been posted on the message board, making him feel uneasy. Finally, In Ha also comes to school to find him, causing Young Gon to face the greatest crisis of his life..

"To display a detailed performance, the staff's meticulous arrangements have great importance."

tumblr_o2120vYcnI1qaf5qqo1_1280.jpgtumblr_o2120vYcnI1qaf5qqo2_1280.jpg

Spoiler

tumblr_o2120vYcnI1qaf5qqo4_1280.jpgtumblr_o2120vYcnI1qaf5qqo3_500.jpg

Credit: WM

Anyeong Chingus....

First time posting in this thread. What I like about this drama is Jung is not the ordinary male protagonist. He's a prince charming alright but with a dark side. I found him manipulative and I understood where he came from. He is used to people approaching him because they wanted something from him and its his way to protect himself from being taken advantage of. Jung is no angel but he is not the devil like some have judged him. People like Min Soo, Sang Chul and Young Gun deserved what befall on them. These people needed to be stopped. Period. His way of putting them down is sneaky I admit it, but what about openly beating a crap out of these people? What will the outcome be? Not to forget his father is watching his every move. It really got me thinking whether being sneaky is better or worse than being violent out in the open. I'm not saying what he did is right. But I understood his motives. That's why I l got invested in him so much. He's the most intriguing, mysterious male protagonist in KDrama I have ever watched and I was caught in his trap since episode 1.

Other reasons why I love Jung so much .......

Sometimes in the deep corner of my heart I wish he has this evil grin on his face every time he hugs her like "Ha ha ha she has fallen into my trap", but it never happened. His feeling for her is real. His happiness when he sees her is something that really shows on his face.

1c88370f-9dd1-48b1-873a-90270ee1b5ef_zps

He is really being sincere with her and his teary-eyed when she said to have some times off from each other showed how broken-hearted he is and that is not being pretentious. Other people might say that he is only being sincere with her but not with other people. I don't blame him. This guy has trust issues where he has people left and right trying to take advantage of him. 

3454ea4c-fc87-49c3-b699-b2549b1230dd_zps

1 hour ago, parisonheaven said:

Even though there are no new episodes in the coming week, here is the text preview translation for the episode on the 15th. Have a great Seollal (Lunar New Year) in advance everyone :) 

Episode 11 Text Preview

노골적으로 준과 자신을 차별하는 아버지에게 그간의 서러움이 폭발한 설. 설이 보고 싶은 마음에 무작정 찾아왔던 유정은 집을 뛰쳐나온 설과 마주치고, 애틋한 재회를 나눈 두 사람은 함께 하룻밤을 보내게 된다. 한편 인터넷 사이트에서 누군가 익명으로 올린 자신의 사진을 발견한 영곤. 설을 스토킹하는 모습이 담긴 사진까지 게시판에 올라오자 영곤은 불안함을 느끼고 급기야 인하가 학교까지 찾아오면서 영곤은 인생 최대 위기를 맞는데..

Seol feels deeply saddened by the blatant discrimination from her father all this while. Because Yoo Jung misses Seol a lot, he goes to find her and they cross paths just as Seol runs away from home, the two of them spend the night together after an emotional reunion. Meanwhile, Young Gon discovers that someone has anonymously posted pictures of himself on the internet. Even photos of him stalking Seol have been posted on the message board, making him feel uneasy. Finally, In Ha also comes to school to find him, causing Young Gon to face the greatest crisis of his life..

The Fall of Oh Young Gon \o/ 

The highlighted word...maybe they just...sleep. As in sleep... :phew::phew::phew:

*refused to be trolled*

*silently counting days*

:bawling:

Regarding the preview, does that mean Weill forêt have the reunion, then jealous YJ and finally Seol going back to YJ's officetel ? 

Chingu deul, doesn't this mean we'll have two dirrerent scenes  with Seol going to YJ's and not one as we feared earlier ! 

@geezayu Welcome to this thread! smileyscute cat You're not the only one who has been caught in his trap!!:lol::P

I agree with your comment! His sneaky ways were the only way not to be noticed by his father, while trying to get rid of such crazy, greedy, obsessive people! I don't blame him at all! The so called victims were actually all perpetrators who used the same sneaky ways!

Now, I've got a question to all of you, especially to @junghwana@lclarakl@MrsSoJiSub@rhaps

Does Yoo Jung really want to get rid of In Ho and In Ha?

I had this interesting discussion with @qwenli about it on our Fan Club message board! That's why I didn't mention the members of our FAN CLUB!!;)

I wrote:  If the advices had been against their interests, he wouldn't have agreed! If YJ had told him, he wanted to get rid of them, his father wouldn't have listened. Because this is what YJ really thinks, not the advices he gave his dad. I mean, he told In Ho, he should stop living off from his family! That's his true intention! Help them to support themselves means for YJ to cut ties with them, well aware that his father thinks it in a different way. He imagines, YJ would still meet them!

As long as In Ho doesn't apologise to YJ or as long as the past remains under the mat, YJ doesn't want In Ho around him. He clearly told it to In Ho. He is only helping them because he knows about his father's intentions and In Ho is well aware of YJ's thoughts (episode 3). Moreover, I believe Seol is the other reason why YJ wants to help In Ho. He has already realised that Seol likes In Ho as a friend and he can't change it any more. Sure, he will change his mind as soon as they have made it up!

This was @qwenli's point of view:

Does YJ really wanted to cut ties with them if they are behaving properly? Probably not.

He only wants to cuts them off because both are heading the directions. If they can both stand on their own two feet, I think YJ will have more respect for them.

YJ probably see the baek siblings as being terribly ungrateful to their family. It will really help if the drama show us wat happened between YJ and Inho and resolved the issue between them.

From my understanding of YJ, if a person is living his life properly, he wouldnt touch them. He is nasty to them because he is really helping them to stand on their own two feet, because he really dont see other ways of doing it. Jung is probably very hurt that Inho who is as close as a brother misunderstands him for so many years.

What do you think? Feel free to answer!!

This forum thread is smoking!  Very interesting reading everyone's thoughts.......my take on YJ's character is that the lack of a maternal presence in his life is very evident! He didn't have any warmth in his life, and it seems that he raised himself.....everything to please his Dad! That's probably what attracted him to Seol, her warmth.  She lives her life diligently, minding her own business and working very hard to achieve her goals. She's a loyal friend and doesn't depend on anyone, doesn't use anyone.  I love each character independtly, and together! They are soul mates, and being apart has made each of them realize their need for each other.  Can't wait to see the reconciliation, such good feels! I just looooooooove this drama!

2 hours ago, kismetfate said:

It's so tiring to read some comments that stated Jung has mental disease blah blah blah. I know he is fictional character, but even fictional character doesn't deserve to be bullied with those "labelling" I'm psychologist to be and I've been studying psychology for 6 years now, and in the process to get my post graduate degree. So I know what I''m gonna talking about.

People who have mental disease tend to can't get along well with their environment (their peers, their school, work, even their family member) and let's say that he is bipolar (because I've read some comments like this,Jung bipolar bcs he has different personalities). Bipolar? Really? No, he is not bipolar. Bipolar related with not having emotions under control, like a ticking bomb. Sometime they could calm as water, but if something trigger their consciousness they will black out and go ape richard simmons. That is bipolar. And psychopat or sociopat? He is far from those. Psychopat or sociopat most likely doesn't have significant others. Why? Because they only think about theirself. For their sake. For their benefit. They dont care what people must go through or suffer or for the worst case die, as long as they get benefit or they in the upper position. That's why psychopat  or sociopat have one significance trait, that is narcisistic. Jung never does harm to people if those people don't do harm at first. And Jung likes to help. Such as the guy with the glasses who gets bullied by SC. Yes, Jung helped him with his own way, manipulative and smooth. Jung just simply be the man he knows will be survive in this cruel world (for him, this world is cruel bcs there are so many people with bad intentions). He takes something with the mindset "It is what it is" That's why he often ignore people's feelings, bcs it makes everything easier. That's why Jung finally met Seul, with her he will learn a lot about life and everything.

And that also explain why Jung is cold with InHo even just walked by when he saw Inho in pain. I think something happened and made him to think "better I dont care with him anymore"

Great comment! raccoon That's exactly how I see him. He has trust issues and made a lot of bad experiences which led him to see the bad side of people. As conclusion, Yoo Jung will see the glass half-empty, while Seol will see it as half-full because she is someone who sees the goodness/ the good side of people! Therefore she felt sorry and pitied MS! She is more optimistic than YJ, but this comes from her surroundings. Even if she is not recognised by her family, her brother shows his love for her and her mother too, whereas YJ has no family by his side!

Does the writer want me to wait 16 episodes to get Euntaek and Bora kiss? How could she be revealing Mona in episode 13? Its so cruel for me getting a hug or something like lips to lips meeting finale for this kind patience.

It seems that this thread is very pro Jung, and I may be hated for saying this, so read at your discretion. My genuine opinion. I put in spoilers to those who don't want to read anything negative about Jung. 

Spoiler

I'm going to say it outright. I don't enjoy this anti-hero character. The story will in some way portray him as a wounded soul which people feel will justify his actions. But that's not why I don't like him. There are plenty of "wounded" heroes in dramas who exact revenge on their enemies in more crueler ways, who very well deserve their 'pain'. The difference is that this story is told in Hong Seol's head most of the time, and because of that, I didn't feel the struggle with Jung, and therefore I cannot relate to him.

To me, the author did a very POOR job on making him 'lead character' material, and maybe it was her intention to make him mysterious and cold. Fine.

But to me, I as an audience, need to feel relatable to him, and I just don't. He hasn't shown much growth and continues to live his life with the motto "an eye for an eye". He doesn't let the person who did the mistake feel guilty, he leverages them, and this teaches no one. If you feel you have to be blackmailed from doing wrong, it isn't teaching you to be a better person. It's like putting a shock collar on a dog who misbehaves. It's effective, but this doesn't make for a more affectionate dog. 

What people need is a positive reinforcement.

This is why I like Seol more, because she is more considerate of others, even when they are in the wrong. She at first couldn't understand MinSoo, and acted very 'rudely' to her instead of having a proper talk with her. But it seems after their fight, she can place her feet in MinSoo's shoes. 

Side note: Also, I find he himself is very boring. He has no personality. Just very stoic. and In my opinion, he's the most 'Second Lead' type I've ever seen. Helpful to the female lead, cunning, suave, intelligent, well-off.

Hi everyone!  I've been loving this drama since it first started and have been following this thread for a while now.  I just didn't really get a chance to post, plus everyone here already have so many great things to say so I was just content lurking hehe.  I also love that there are so many here who are able to love and understand YJ for who he is without judgement and labeling.  

One of the reasons why I have fallen so hard for this drama is because it finally fulfills a long wish of mine from many years of watching kdramas.   That is to have a second lead personality as a main lead.  I've always been more attracted to the strong silent types and many times have developed such bad cases of SLS with past drama characters like "Jihoo sunbae" of BOF or "Shinwoo hyung" of YB, for examples.  However, putting my own interests aside I still enjoyed those shows for what they were because it's up to the heroine to decide who she loves.  

Now with CitT, the enjoyment has magnified ten times because for once I love who the heroine loves as well and it is so satisfying.  It's funny because if we go by the typical standards, IH would actually be the main lead and this seems to be about the time when he finally realizes he loves the female lead.  The difference is YJ is the lead and Seol has already filled her heart to the full with her sunbae, there's no more room for anyone else.  And while it's cute to see IH flustered with realization and it will be pitiful to see him disappointed later on, I don't blame the show for allowing that to happen because realistically, it was inevitable for him.  If I was in his place, being able to hang out so comfortably with Seol, talk easily about and able to rediscover my talents because of her, plus she's pretty with an adorable personality, I would totally be a goner too!

So back to my point about YJ, in addition to possessing the usual dreamy strong silent protective traits of a second lead, he is given extra dimensions from the beginning that reveal so many layers underneath the deeper the show peels off him.  We can't just simply box him into any labels.  

I wonder if he actually really disliked Seol as much as Seol thinks he did in the beginning.  I think it's just a personality quirk of his that makes him be misunderstood by her.   Like he isn't able to see from her POV how he came across to her at times.  What brought me to this is from episode 9 when he just walked by Seol without even a glance of acknowledgement and was misunderstood as ignoring her, only to have her find him waiting at the stairs with coffee in hand for her.  You can parallel this scene with the one from ep 1 when he also just walked past her at the school's convenience store, only to come out later with a fruit drink that he bought for her.  The only drawback was JY was there to witness, which enabled her jealous nature and prompted her to pick on Seol.  Now in retrospect, knowing more about how YJ's personality is, I don't believe he did that intentionally as Seol had concluded.  

I believe this is the only thing that's holding him back from Seol, his inability to explain his thoughts and actions so that he isn't misunderstood by her.  Because she is willing to listen, he just needs to be willing to talk.  Otherwise they really are perfect for each other in every other sense.  They're each other's "lobster"!

Archived