Guest ororomunroe

39 minutes ago, MyNameIsM said:

I'd like to ask anyone who reads webtoon. Does Inho show much affection to Seol and vice versa? 

if so, i'll be prepared because...i dont like seeing hurt Jung T___T

if no kiss next episode, it means TVN has fooled us 3 times already and we have to sue them! LOL

btw, PHJ gives the best hug I have ever seen! 

I feel like I have created a monster of doubt in us all LOL. I swear you guys I am only joking with all my "they will pull another one on us and he will get the girl". So I'm going to spoil but not too much. Need at your own risk

Spoiler

Honestly Inho and Seol's relationship stays in the just friends zone. The drama is playing up the "love triangle" angle more so than in the webtoon (or maybe it is my own distrusting mind LOL). In the webtoon it was clear as day that Seol only has eyes for Jung and Jung for her. I mean it's pretty clear in the drama too but they are making Inho's crush/like of her more...*thinks of a good word* obvious than it was in the webtoon. In the webtoon I always felt ambiguous on Inho's feelings for Seol and it wasn't until like the end of season 3 and early season 4 that I thought "oh he likes her as more than a friend" However Inho respects the relationship that Jung and Seol have (well he respects Seol's feeling for Jung even if he doesn't always understand or agree with it). I mean he's never tried anything with Seol. He even tries for a bit to stay away from her and keep their friendship just as friends.

Now on Seol's part she really only views Inho as a friend and pretty much treat him the same as she does her brother. She's kind of obvious but still oblivious to his feelings. Now I'm not going to lie because there are times in the webtoon where they get too close and like a look is shared or something passes, but Seol always pushes Inho away and it fizzles (?). The moment comes and goes and she doesn't put too much thought into it (really now at all) and then they go back to being friends. And she's all "sunbae". Their dynamic is pretty much the same as it is in the drama. They are close. They have the piano in common, share laughs, and Seol really wants to help Inho pick up his life again but that's about where it begins and ends. Off course they have their shippers who see something more there but for me Seol's differing feelings for the two boys had always been clear. Inho is a friend and Jung is the boyfriend she is trying to build a future (for however long it lasts) with.

Now Seol and Jung's relationship is pretty stable or as stable as something can get when dating Jung lol. They date and kiss and hold hands and I won't spoil the other stuff *get your minds of the dirty..* They have their differences but like shown in the drama, they always manage to talk and work things out. Jung starts to intern at his father's company while attending school, so he doesn't get to see Seol much since he's busy with a lot. However he does still have to take classes so he is on campus but not as much as before. I believe he's graduated now, but I'm not sure (the webtoon seriously feels like it's never going to end). Jung still keeps tabs on her (swear it's not creepy) they talk on the phone, text, and schedule dates whenever one or both are free. Seol being Seol has some insecurities but Jung reassures her and as of the latest chapter Jung comes to visit/pick up Seol from campus and he kind of rescues her (it's so ddkbvi;xhoiur[pilkjjghojj how he runs to break her fall) from San Chul.

Oh right in the webtoon Seol and Inho never share a kiss or anything of the sort...I don't even remember them coming anywhere close to that, but I already anticipate the drama playing that game with us...

Jung will hurt but it's a hurting of his own making so :P 

@coffeeboy He's back now and has been for a while :D 

@carolinedl I no longer believe in "friends" and "sibling like" relationships LOL. But I too enjoy drama Inho more so than webtoon Inho and see all the reasons why he's good for Seol and again they are "easy/easier" to ship. One thing that always left me puzzled is if Seol could see it or if she really didn't or if she was avoiding that hard conversation of these are and are not my feelings for you...

• Replies 13.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest parisonheaven

Episode 8 Text Preview

유정과의 일로 평판이 나빠진 영곤은 이를 만회하기 위해 은택을 이용하고, 영곤의 함정에 빠진 은택은 궁지에 몰린다. 한편 설이 잃어버린 인형이 민수의 가방에서 발견되면서 설과 민수 사이에 한바탕 소란이 일게 되고, 설은 더는 민수의 행동을 좌시해서는 안 되겠다 결심하는데..

Because of what happened with Yoo Jung, Young Gon has a bad reputation. In order to save face, he makes use of Eun Taek and Eun Taek who falls into the trap set by Young Gon faces a predicament. Meanwhile, the keychain that Seol lost has been found in Min Soo's bag and because of this a commotion arises between the two of them, Min Soo's actions cause Seol to resolve not to sit idly and do nothing..

"One of my personal favourite scenes, it is both new and fun"

tumblr_o1j5a9IzXZ1qaf5qqo1_1280.jpgtumblr_o1j5a9IzXZ1qaf5qqo2_500.jpg

Spoiler

tumblr_o1j5cgtvSQ1qaf5qqo1_500.jpg

Credit: WM

2016012523455240611_1_99_20160126012605.

Article: 'Cheese' Kim Go Eun plants a surprise kiss on Park Hae Jin 'hilarious'

Source: Newsen via Nate

1. [+663, -17] Yoo Jung hugging her made my heart flutter... because his shoulders are so wide

2. [+615, -31] Kim Go Eun's version of Hong Seol is so cute ㅜㅜㅜ everyone's so good at acting, good good

3. [+503, -15] The plot is moving a lot faster than the webtoon... and my heart is fluttering so hard.. daebak..

4. [+86, -5] This character is so perfect for Kim Go Eun. Nothing better to skyrocket an actor's fame than a character you fit perfectly.

5. [+79, -6] Kim Go Eun's version of Hong Seol is really charming. She's not a pretty face but you can't help but think she's pretty. So cute when she smiles, and she has a nice physique for clothes too.

Spoiler

Article: 'Cheese' Park Hae Jin, Seo Kang Joon, and Lee Sung Kyung's high school days revealed

Source: Newsen via Nate

1. [+353, -6] I honestly thought dramatized versions of comics being pulled off successfully was something that could only happen in Japan. I didn't think I could focus because I'd keep thinking of the webtoon... but this drama is just awesome. It syncs up with the webtoon perfectly but the drama feels like its own work separate from the webtoon. The power of the director, I suppose. I'm grateful that Park Hae Jin is playing Yoo Jung too.

2. [+341, -9] Back then, Yoo Jung was the first to stand and clap for Inho ㅠㅠ and Inha wanted to be a good painter but she had no talents... meanwhile her dongsaeng is pissing her off by fooling around because he's talented anyway ㅋㅋㅋ I hate her personality but anyone who's read the webtoon will know that she has her moments later on ㅋㅋㅋ

3. [+282, -6] I guess back then Yoo Jung wasn't so distant with Inha. I haven't read the webtoon so I'm really curious about what happened to Inho's hand.

4. [+22, -2] I bet Baek Inha had something to do with what happened to Inho's hands... she is definitely evil enough to.

5. [+18, -1] I felt a teensy bit sorry for Inha today... her dongsaeng is talented in what he loves but she has no talents in what she desperately wants and he keeps pissing her off...

-

Article: 'Cheese' Park Hae Jin and Kim Go Eun, from going public to kissing 'sweetness ensues'

Source: Star News via Naver

1. [+4,924, -28] Seol's school life is about to get complicated, Son Min Soo has begun

2. [+3,263, -46] Everyone, Seol and Yoo Jung kiss tomorrow, shout it out!!!!!

3. [+2,450, -37] Son Min Soo will be at it starting next week... I hate her

4. [+1,744, -28] Looking forward to the lovey dovey scenes tomorrow ㅎㅎㅎㅎㅎㅎㅎ

5. [+713, -7] Euntaek looked so cool when he beat Oh Young Gon

cr: netizenbuzz

20 minutes ago, parisonheaven said:

Episode 8 Text Preview

유정과의 일로 평판이 나빠진 영곤은 이를 만회하기 위해 은택을 이용하고, 영곤의 함정에 빠진 은택은 궁지에 몰린다. 한편 설이 잃어버린 인형이 민수의 가방에서 발견되면서 설과 민수 사이에 한바탕 소란이 일게 되고, 설은 더는 민수의 행동을 좌시해서는 안 되겠다 결심하는데..

Because of what happened with Yoo Jung, Young Gon has a bad reputation. In order to save face, he makes use of Eun Taek and Eun Taek who falls into the trap set by Young Gon faces a predicament. Meanwhile, the keychain that Seol lost has been found in Min Soo's bag and because of this a commotion arises between the two of them, Min Soo's actions cause Seol to resolve not to sit idly and do nothing..

"One of my personal favourite scenes, it is both new and fun"

Don't quote GIF, pictures or videos!

Hide contents

Credit: WM

His t-shirt and muscles are just too much...:astonished:

Hello everyone!

It's been awhile I've been to Soompi forum. If i remember correctly the last time was 3 years ago, when I watch That Winter the Wind Blows.

Now i'm back because of Cheese in the Trap. I can't take my eyes of Yoo jung sunbae. I don't mind if the lagging happen during Seol and Jung moment :wub:

So everyone I talk too are having second lead syndrome, saying that Jung is a manipulative, me I'm like no way he's just perfect for Seol because when you really look at it both of them are as similar as they are opposite. And the more I see Seol and Inho together the more I ship  Jung and Her.  Seriously  they look a little too much like siblings having fun then lovers, so I don't get the all shipping of Inho and Seol. And the more I see Inha the more I want to murder her. She's  so bratty.  

OMG, I was legit scared for the perp when Yoo Jung found him. I love that one little line "Oh hey, you're here", I thought PHJ's delivery was so creepy and on point.

Whew. I gotta admit, I'm now a bit worried for Seol too, it seems Yoo Jung's got a bit of sadistic streak.

3 minutes ago, Darrkn3ss said:

So everyone I talk too are having second lead syndrome, saying that Jung is a manipulative, me I'm like no way he's just perfect for Seol because when you really look at it both of them are as similar as they are opposite. And the more I see Seol and Inho together the more I ship  Jung and Her.  Seriously  they look a little too much like siblings having fun then lovers, so I don't get the all shipping of Inho and Seol. And the more I see Inha the more I want to murder her. She's  so bratty.  

I usually have second lead syndrome but not this time.... not this time.. Jung is just perfect for Seol. Even when i read the webtoon I notice they have similarities in so many ways. I never get it when people say Jung are manipulative coz I don't see him being manipulative instead he knows how to make things happen as how he wants it.

Meanwhile for In Ho, I see him as Seol's dongsaeng. hihihi.. He is cute, talkative, Seol is comfortable being around him but not enough to make her heart flutter. Well, that's just my thought. 

3 hours ago, MyNameIsM said:

I'd like to ask anyone who reads webtoon. Does Inho show much affection to Seol and vice versa? 

if so, i'll be prepared because...i dont like seeing hurt Jung T___T

if no kiss next episode, it means TVN has fooled us 3 times already and we have to sue them! LOL

btw, PHJ gives the best hug I have ever seen! 

Good morning and I am back!

currently at work and writing this post on the sly :blink:

we were discussing the lack of kisses a few pages back and there will be an uproar if there is none tonight.

havent watched the web toon but I assume that the part about the first kiss is coming up. I haven't watched the episodes with subs but will be saving it for when I have a break.

the thread is moving along quite nicely and many new faces here. welcome!

9 minutes ago, ditditdutdut said:

OMG, I was legit scared for the perp when Yoo Jung found him. I love that one little line "Oh hey, you're here", I thought PHJ's delivery was so creepy and on point.

Whew. I gotta admit, I'm now a bit worried for Seol too, it seems Yoo Jung's got a bit of sadistic streak.

But isn't that streak part of his charms :D  And anyway seems to me like seol is a little bit of a maso.

@:  cassie6002  my dear Shingu you and I are on the same wavelength on Seol and Inho relationship, I don't see any romantic spark there, Her interaction with him remind me of how I'm with my brothers, we love each other, we bicker, but I the end of the say they are family.  Jung is just perfect even his darkness is perfect.  Now I just want him and Inho to make up and the bromance would be maybe hotter than the romance.  

On 1/26/2016 at 8:59 AM, Darrkn3ss said:

*shaking my head* You need new friends. LOL I'm kidding. To each their own but I feel in fandom (webtoon that is) it's kind of split even even between the two boys and I know that many of us here ship Jung/Seol so obviously you've found those new and better friends. Nah I kid again. We do have so Inho/Seol shippers here and we basically go with the flow of talking and gushing over many things. I think one thing we all agree on is that Seol is a precious cinnamon roll that we all want to protect at all cost. As long as she's happy I'm happy tbh. I for one love Jung and think the people that surround him are faaaar worse than him or anything he's done (how is he manipulative anyways? Caught grown richard simmons adults committing crimes and basically gave them a choices and they made it. It's them who try to manipulate his emotions with the whole "just this once" richard simmons.). Post and be merry here.

On 1/26/2016 at 9:04 AM, ditditdutdut said:

I was cheering him on (to an extent cause he don't need no record). That little walking talking murder waiting to happen. The dude was CHOCKING THE LIFE OUT OF SEOL!! If Jung hadn't shown up she would be dead...DEAD. Our little starburst would be dead! The  * mod edit * homophobic thieving pervert also framed Jung Yoo for being an underwear thief and then tried (and failed) to kill TA Heo because he is a homophobic little richard simmons committing a hate crime by manning TA Heo with a brick!!! richard simmons him! I am seeing people being scared of Jung but that dude, the guy who had been going door to door committing crimes by pretending to be some kind of innocent grandson just here to take care of your windows (omo that man had easy access to so many homes and women. What if one day he got tired of looking and decide to rape one of the women he be peeping on?) he's not scary???? I didn't want Jung to really kill him cause I don't want my boy going to jail, but hell yeah beat that richard simmons and teach that richard simmons a lesson!!

With all of that said I do understand why Seol was like frightened and backed off from his care. At the same time did you guys see our dude not go into her hospital room? He sat outside like a rejected little puppy scared to go in least she turn him away again and like ends it for good, good. I like that he respects her wishes. In that moment she turned him away and he didn't push it. He waited for her to come to him and tell him she's okay/comfortable in seeing him. For all his faults Jung is sweet and gentleman toward Seol and those he deems deserving of his kindness. He only richard simmons with those that richard simmons with him and or those he cares about. Meh, I can ride with that...

/ Mod edit for profanity

God every episode it gets better i can't take this!!! I loved this episode omg that kiss scene in particular just killed me, my babies :bawling: Seol was too cute when he grabbed Yoojung's hands (again T___T) and his face!!! I am so overflowed with feelings. And Park Hae Jin's giggles and laughs!! :dissapointed_relieved: I am such a fangirl for him.

And I am so glad that we got to see some Euntaek&Bora scenes too :heart: 

That scene where Young Gon(?) appeared behind Seol scared the richard simmons out of me, I would like to congratulate everyone involved in making that scene lol And I just keep disliking In Ha more more smh

I'm watching episode 7 with sub right now.

And Woah...  When Jung arrived and saved Seol from her attacker (coming out of her room), he seemed quite calm, considering the situation. But we all know how Jung is. The minute he left Seol and found the guy, I was thinking the attacker would have better chance to survive if he was found by In-Ho or the police!

Good Lord! Can this show get any better? It just goes from strength to strength to strength...

This is in my opinion the best episode yet... but I said the same thing last week about 5 and 6... 

I adore PHJ in this. He is so believable as a twenty-something uni student that it's so unreal. I keep hearing that he's nailing it but having not read the webtoon I have nothing to compare his performance to. But he's nailing it for me in all his expressions. That thing he does with his eyes and cheeks and mouth, good grief... you can almost see the wheels of his mind turning over. What I'm especially appreciative of is how he creates all kinds of emotional responses in me as he plays out all the aspects of this multidimensional character.

Because I am a rather disturbed working mum in middle age, I have to say that I have a thing for Jung when he's some kind of kickass vigilante. I still don't see the creepy (probably because I'm deluded) but I'm completely wowed by the menacing, badass, vengeful boyfriend persona that he slips into. It could be that I've watched too many of the wrong kinds of anime but Jung really did remind me of the Battousai... from Rurouni Kenshin. Kenshin is an adorkable fellow when he's with his girl but yeah, when people pick fights with him or his friends, he goes to the dark side and becomes the manslayer. Jung is such a manchild when he's with Seol and he's so sincere too. But get on his bad side... you're dead meat.

I suppose I just can't think bad thoughts about Jung. Sorry. :P Hopeless cause here.

I've liked SKJ since Sly and Single and I thought he was someone who could go far and it's good that he has finally found a role that has given him a lot more scope than some "second male lead". Of course he isn't a second male lead. His story isn't tied to whether he likes Seol or not or whether he's a romantic rival for Jung. In-ho has his own story and I hope his piano dream takes flight and we get to see it play out in the forthcoming episodes. 

When In-ho walked into the music department surveying the rehearsal rooms, it transported me to the crazy love I had for Nodame and the music that she made. The manga, the anime, the live action flicks, the fanfiction writing... It's been too long. Of course hearing the Rach 2 last week was a treat but Chopin's Piano's Concerto No. 1... would be wonderful too.

It is surprising to me that Stalker Boy aka Oh Young Gun isn't undergoing psychiatric care. The guy's toolbox is missing quite a lot of screws. He is quite unhinged. Even before he was giving Seol grief, he was already schizophrenic to some degree. Sure there are moments where he's quite lucid and articulate but honestly, the guy has serious mental issues. Either that or he's on some serious drugs.

I'm glad we got some insight into Jung's relationship with the Baek siblings before things went south. Obviously the three of them were very close and had a sibling like relationship. But what's with all that face scrounging and baby-talk? Why does the actress need to exaggerate In-ha's mannerisms to this extent? I see it as a directorial issue. We already know she's a freeloader and a woman-child... there's no need to flog an already decomposing horse.

As usual I loved all the couple moments. I love how much Jung likes Seol, how much he wants to let everyone know that they're a thing. LOL. To her never ending embarrassment. I'm trying so hard not get invested in this relationship too much for fear of being disappointed but what to do... PHJ and KGE are just too gorgeous together. I guess I can console myself later if things don't work out for them in this drama, that we at least got to see them in these lovely, delightful moments together.

The kiss scene was laugh out loud hilarious... I was just about killing myself laughing. The way she squished his face and then pecked him on the cheek, then promptly taking off like a Duracell bunny on speed.

Yeah, I love this show. I can't believe my luck... Watching 4 dramas at present and they're all interesting in their own way. May 2016 be a good K drama year!

So this is my perception of the drama (as an unbiased viewer) : 

In the beginning, I found this drama to be really cute, especially Yoo Jung's character with the whole: Let's go eat! haha and basically trying to get Seol to have a meal with him.

But, I find that the more I get to know Yoo Jung's character, the shadier he seems to be. I am liking the mystery aspect of the drama and how the writer is building up Yoo Jung's character in this respect; however,I don't see how one can justify purposefully asking a classmate to stalk Seol. Moreover, I suspect that he is the reason that In Ho had extensive injury to his hand. As the story is unfolding we are seeing that In Ho's dream was piano, and that his hands are important part of his identity and his dream. I also don't know what could justify him doing this, seeing that In Ho seems like a sincere, genuine character. I hope the writer can provide us with proper reasoning. I think Seol should trust her gut feeling again after he also beat up the pervert on the street unmercifully. 

Moreover, I find that Yoo Jung and Seol are quite...how do I say this? ....Awkward? Unnatural? I can't seem to put my finger on it, but something about their relationship seems forced. Seol seems to trying to talk herself into this relationship almost every episode. Although, they keep talking about how similar they are, I don't know think that just because two people are similar they necessarily need to date. Seol and Inho on the other hand seem to have a more natural interaction. Just Saying how I call it. 

But anyways, I am enjoying this drama very much and hope that people are not just "shipping" Yoo Jung and Seol just because Park Hye Jin is obviously gorgezz ( and who wouldn't want that hunk) ! but just following the narrative, and the types of characters that you would want for yourself?            

Archived