Guest ororomunroe

• Replies 13.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hahha yes!! Even kge at the presscon said that she was shocked by how tall he is when she first saw him and that he had t spread his legs when filming hug and kiss scenes (yes you heard it  KISS SCENES) because otherwise her neck would hurt by looking that high for a long time. Just imagine what will happen with bora and euntaek..looool!!

The popularity of 'Cheese In The Trap' skyrocketing

The popularity of 'Cheese In The Trap' is skyrocketing.

Channel tvN's new TV series, 'Cheese In The Trap,' evolves around a charming and mysterious university student named Yoo Jung (played by Park Hae Jin) and a fellow female student named Hong Sul (played by Kim Go Eun), who starts growing curious about Yoo Jung's mysterious character.

The drama was motivated from a web-toon series of the same title, and the drama premiered on January 4th.

'Cheese In The Trap' was talked about as one of the most anticipated dramas of the new year, and it was the center of attention from the very beginning stages of production.

People showed hot reactions when candidates for 'Hong Sul' part was finalized, and many actresses, including Kim Go Eun herself, refused to take the part at least once.

However, Kim Go Eun decided to take the challenge with a deep trust in the head director, and she is getting a great number of compliments for her phenomenal performance.

Even though her appearance and character is quite different from 'Hong Sul' in the original web-toon, Kim Go Eun is still showing a very unique interpretation of 'Hong Sul.'

A representative of Kim Go Eun's management agency said, "Many people were worried about Kim Go Eun is a suitable candidate for 'Hong Sul' part, but she told us that she wanted to interpret 'Hong Sul' in a completely different way. We are glad to see many viewers enjoying Kim Go Eun's performance, and everyone is participating in the drama with full devotion thanks to viewers' huge supports.

While people showed worries for Kim Go Eun, they warmly welcomed Park Hae Jin after his cast was confirmed, because Park Hae Jin is the candidate that many people were hoping to see in the drama.

Park Hae Jin is showing a flawless interpretation of 'Yoo Jung,' a gentle, but mysterious university student.

A representative of Park Hae Jin's management agency said, "We were expecting to see some negative comments, but people are actually complimenting Park Hae Jin for his interpretation. Park Hae Jin will have his final shoot this week."

Seo Gang Jun is also getting a great number of compliments. Seo Gang Jun is playing in 'Cheese In The Trap' as a guy named Baek In Ho, who bears a devastating story deep inside his heart, and Seo is showing a completely different side of him through the drama.

One of the parts that viewers are feeling disappointed is Lee Sung Kyung's performance. Many people thought that Lee Sung Kyung would fit her part very well, but her performance is not living up to viewers' anticipation.

It seems that Lee Sung Kyung needs to go through a major change, but it seems that she would not have enough time to show any difference because 2/3 of the entire drama has been filmed already.

Overall, the drama version of 'Cheese In The Trap' is getting some positive feedbacks. Fans and viewers showed concerns about how such an extensive web-toon series, which was continued for five years, would be summarized into sixteen episodes, but fortunately, many viewers are showing satisfactory reactions.

Six episodes have been broadcast so far, and January 19th broadcast received 6.3% viewer ratings.

Meanwhile, 'Cheese In The Trap' premiered on January 4th, and it airs on every Monday and Tuesday at 11 PM.

Spoiler

The popularity of 'Cheese In The Trap' skyrocketing

/Reporting by Kim Dong-Joo en@starnnews.com

http://starn.hankyung.com/global/en/news/index.html?no=430030

26 minutes ago, qwenli said:

@jeijeisorry what do you mean by INTJ? Intelligent?

It is one of 16 personalities initiated by  Briggs Myers. 

INTJ  (introversion, intuition, thinking, judgment)

Commonly called "The Scientist." Often seen as arrogant, aloof, or haughty, but in fact, INTJ's just don't give a richard simmons what you think about them. They value facts and logic above all else, and scorn illogical reasoning. One of the hardest things to understand for an INTJ is emotion, and decisions made because of emotion. 
INTJs are direct, and if they have a problem with you, they will tell you. If they think you're not worth their time, they won't try to push you away, they'll just completely ignore you. 
INTJs enjoy thinking about theories, and tearing them to bits, not because they disrespect them, but because they like pointing out what would work and what wouldn't. For the above to reasons, the biggest insult you could give to an INTJ would be to completely ignore their theories; it means they're not even worth the effort of considering. 
The two hardest things for an INTJ to understand are irrationality and emotions.

Source : http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=intj

4 hours ago, bjvipb2uty said:

Right? Although I grinned so much during the episode, I had this lingering sadness for Yoojung once it ended. 

@IreneY Me thinks that the song used there is an original ost that has not been released yet. 

@adriana902 I don't recognize it sorry. >_<

A lovely user here posted this link a while back though. I think it has several of the background songs used in the drama and teasers. You guys should check it out. I went through all of them and I'm 100% sure the one @IreneY mentioned is not there. Not sure about the teaser one. :) 

http://music.163.com/m/share/17786340/119537650

@bjvipb2uty..this 1..

1 hour ago, scout said:

According to the comments on the yt clip, the song is 너와 나의 시간 (Your and my time) by 바닐라어쿠스틱 (Vanilla Acoustic) and will probably be in OST part 4 (to be released next week).

@scout. Izit the song above?

1 hour ago, qwenli said:

Ahhh, its just Thursday!

Grab some pix from Baidu here for sharing. Actually I think its done by Korean fans.

How we fall in love:

The text in the last pix says " When did you start liking me" and "Secret"

:wub:

Nice 1..the 2nd picture is my home screen wallpaper now..lol...:D

The OST where Jung follows seol is called (My time with you ) by Vanilla Acoustic  (thanks to someone who mentioned it on this thread) but it's not released yet.

I don't know korean but on their official Facebook they said "everyone wants to hear this songs, so just wait a little bit more" 

Hopefully they will release PART 4 with this OST 

https://mobile.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=816177528492341&id=257322761044490&refid=17&_ft_=top_level_post_id.816177528492341%3Atl_objid.816177528492341

For those who have read the webtoon, please help 

Spoiler

I know in he webtoon Jung and Seol "break up" of sorts. I remember he did something that really angered her that couldn't understand or forgive at the time. I think it was something of the past but she had only been recently informed of it. I remember she was really mad at him about it so she told him she needed some time. It happened during the time where he was still a student but also interning with his fathers company. However even when they met  at school they wouldn't talk to each other and such. I remember Jung respects her wishes of "needing time" but one day he sees her having a hard time about something and even though he promised to stay away he couldn't help himself. He back hugs her (which takes her by surprise) and puts a drink in her hand (that coffee drink) like he used to hand her when he was pursuing her. Now my question is, why the heck did they "break up"? I had thought it was because of the scholarship, office job, and assistant Heo thing but now I"m not so sure anymore. I'm asking because if I'm remembering right and it is related to the TA Heo storyline the drama has shown now...I will kill the team for not giving me that back hug scene. That is one of my favorite Seol & Jung moments in the webtoon and I specifically wanted a live action adaption simply so I could see that scene come to life. So was it related to TA Heo matter or was it for a different reason? If it was related to TA Heo, the drama better find some way to give me my back hug drink scene. Thanks in advance for any answers you may bring.

45 minutes ago, rhaps said:

Eh, I also wondered whether he spread his legs or not. I didn't quite sure because it was not that clear. So he did spread his legs .. And they still have that much difference in heights ?? Wow .. 

If I was Seol, I would have feelings for him too. Physically, he is very attractive. He is also smart (I always swoon toward smart guys). And he helped her a lot, and he was there when she was down. I think any normal girl will fall for a guy like that. In addition, Seol is quite mature herself. Perhaps her feelings toward Jung was not that much at first, but she decided to try to accept the differences between them. Because of her willingness to try, she could still see his positive sides despite everything, so her feeling grows too.

Now I remember that Seol even said to herself that she didn't even know why she agreed to his proposal to date. LOL still , feelings are difficult to comprehend by words and logic. You can hate one person yesterday but the next day that person do something and you fall for him/her without knowing it. 

This drama is sure a fresh air to me, Monday has been lovelier since it started

Guys what in the world.is this event that netizens got all wired up about??? A fan meet with the disliked characters where fans can meet them and swear at them?? Is this for real??? This is the worst idea for a fan meet ever...i think they posted something on their pages but cant see it now..did they delete it?

@MrsSoJiSub, I love that scene too.... and I want the writer to incorporate it into the drama. 

Spoiler

The reason they fought was becoz Young gon showed the sms he sent to YJ during the time he stalked Seol saying that YJ is the one who encouraged him. Seol was mad and took his phone away to confirm the number but it was a girl answered(Inha). She felt strange coz the hp number belongs to YJ but now someone else used it. She went to confront Jung abt it n Jung said yes he did all that which infuriates Seol so much. The truth is Jung was with Inha during the sms n she kind of distracted Jung so Jung typed the msg coz he was annoyed with YG's constant msg. Jung gave away his phone to Inha in the end and never bother to delete anything. When he admitted his fault and said he will wait for Seol to forgive him, I just felt that he really cares for her now than before when they fought he ignores Seol. He distanced himself after this incident which Seol found out later was a misunderstanding but Jung was always watching n asking abt her thru other ppl. He missed her n wants to help her when she encountered assignment problems w her group and that's why he gave her a back hug n coffee to encourage her, Seol also was searching for him during class coz she missed him too(hahah....in love with this couple so much).

54 minutes ago, MrsSoJiSub said:

For those who have read the webtoon, please help 

Reveal hidden contents

I know in he webtoon Jung and Seol "break up" of sorts. I remember he did something that really angered her that couldn't understand or forgive at the time. I think it was something of the past but she had only been recently informed of it. I remember she was really mad at him about it so she told him she needed some time. It happened during the time where he was still a student but also interning with his fathers company. However even when they met  at school they wouldn't talk to each other and such. I remember Jung respects her wishes of "needing time" but one day he sees her having a hard time about something and even though he promised to stay away he couldn't help himself. He back hugs her (which takes her by surprise) and puts a drink in her hand (that coffee drink) like he used to hand her when he was pursuing her. Now my question is, why the heck did they "break up"? I had thought it was because of the scholarship, office job, and assistant Heo thing but now I"m not so sure anymore. I'm asking because if I'm remembering right and it is related to the TA Heo storyline the drama has shown now...I will kill the team for not giving me that back hug scene. That is one of my favorite Seol & Jung moments in the webtoon and I specifically wanted a live action adaption simply so I could see that scene come to life. So was it related to TA Heo matter or was it for a different reason? If it was related to TA Heo, the drama better find some way to give me my back hug drink scene. Thanks in advance for any answers you may bring.

It's because of that cancerous Younggon...

Spoiler

She said she needed time because Younggon showed text proofs that it was indeed JUNG who sent the texts saying Seol must hv liked him..and led to the stalking (though Jung didn't ask YG to stalk). Jung said he'd wait.. but back hug happened.then he also showed up suddenly when Seol fought with her parents cuz he missed her haha

I've been closeted in meetings/workshops all day and so I haven't been able to get involved but it's great to see more love for the show.

I am unabashedly pro Seol-Jung not just because they're canon but because the show seems to be about them trying to navigate through all the minefields that keep them apart in order to be more in step with each other. One of my favourite things about Ep. 6 was watching Seol light up when she saw Jung waiting for her from across the road. She looked genuinely happy to see him in a way that showed how much the dynamic of their relationship had changed. While TA Heo meant it for evil, that cloud had a silver lining. Many around the web have commented that Jung is a lot more "human" when he's with her. I would put it this way... He can be himself when he's with her. Vulnerable even. He doesn't need to be Mr Perfect or play the game. He can breathe at last. To be accepted even with the mask ripped off his face, to be the one receiving instead of being expected to give, it's oxygen to a dying man.

I'll admit that I'm a little protective of Jung because he's reacting to the world around him in the only way he legally can. Whatever psychological malaise he may or may not be suffering, I still think he does have a well-developed moral compass. To live and labour your entire life under the weight of so much expectations is stultifying to say the least, especially if he's heir to what I assume is a reasonably successful family business, and to be seen primarily as the heir but not as the son. Families quite often, I think, take responsible children for granted. They think they're good kids and they're capable of looking after themselves but they forget that they're kids too, not mini-adults. Kids like that keep playing the perfect child because it's expected of them and it's probably the only way they get love and respect from their elders. Also, I expect that they feel the unfairness of having to be "good" all the time but when others misbehave, they get away with it.

I re-watched the big blow-up at the end of Ep. 5. When Jung confronted Ju Yong and TA Heo, I saw contempt and resentment on his face. He called them both thieves. Their irresponsibility obviously grated -- Ju Yong wasting his life away on drink in some misbegotten cubicle. TA Heo resorting to theft to fund that lifestyle. And then being accused of not "understanding" how others feel -- that must have been the straw that broke the camel's back. Jung became angry rather than menacing... how dare they lecture him when TA Heo failed to keep his end of the bargain and for not understanding how he (Jung) would feel if Seol found out the truth. 

My theory is that he hates irresponsible behaviour with a passion. And with the people around him passing the buck with abandon, no wonder he lashes out when he reaches his limit.

I think I'm going crackers over Cheese... 

Thanks for bringing up the bristol myer squibb profiling test here. Seems like this thread is attracting an uncommon number of psychologists here. :)

I  am not only going crackers over cheese but its likely i will bust my mobile data quota this month for stalking this thread.:D:D:D

2 hours ago, LanA said:

Can someone tell me the reason behind Seol has feelings for Jung? Or when did it start? It's clear to me that Jung fell for Seol from that night when she held his finger, and how she cared for him when he was sick made Jung change his mind about her. But I'm not sure why Seol agreed to date him? Even when she had many doubts about him in her mind.

Hey. I don't think it's explicitly shown in the show. But I don't think you need a reason to fall in love. Sometimes spending time with a person, being more around him you don't realize when u start liking the person. For Seol I guess she agreed to date him cause she had misunderstood him in the past, she sort of knew there is more to him than her perceptions. And he was genuinely perusing her with a sincere heart which came across. (What I feel that is)

Just to add on to whatever been said about Seol falling for Jung, i think all her avoidance of him is a kind of self denial, when she kept rejecting his invitation to meals, i think its her own defense mechanism trying not to fall in love with him. If she doesnt feel anything, she would hv just tell him to bug off and not give lame excuses like she has eaten, she is going somewhere else etc. she was always very aware of his presence.

Archived