[Drama 2015] A Daughter Just Like You 딱 너 같은 딸 20:50KST

Ldy Gmerm

I knew it a useless man. He stops being a professor to write poetry not bringing in one cent to help with his daughters upbringing and education and with the household expenses and yet his family continues to treat that woman and her girls badly because she did not have sons. Also for that woman to say you don't spend money on wenches because they will marry and go into another household was foul.. He fails to defend his wife against his over bearing mother and has the nerve to wonder why this woman wants a divorce after 20 years of dealing with his family who thinks she should just grin and bare it and have patience. If things have not changed after 20 of marriage nothing will ever change their attitude and treatment of that woman and her daughters. Wow, yeah.. finish up this divorce and shake those nasty people off that did not appreciate or respect this woman and her children.

I know he did reluctantly stamp that document. Now he has no means of support..

Video Episode 4:

The nerve of them saying for him to endure it and hold on to get her to change her mind.. LOL.. that woman is done with him and that family..

This man is a mess..

Why do I see these two falling in love with one another?

Who is this woman (besides the Prof. Daughters MIL maybe) to bust into that board meeting and say something and walk out?

I take it he does not want his father to rent that flat out. Does he want it himself?

Preview Episode 5:

Video Credit MBCdrama Channel on YouTube.

• Replies 500
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@gerrytan8063 .... Thank you for helping us out with the translation.

@Ldy Gmerm .....thank you for the recap.

I could also tell this man hadn't been contributing to the upkeep of the household and education of the children. Even if he didn't want to be the breadwinner, he could have supported his wife emotionally but chose to follow the wishes of his overbearing mother obviously, therefore making his wife miserable for years. He is rather shameless and should just allow the poor woman leave in peace. His entire family should be ashamed of themselves smh.

@valsava Lol! I am enjoying his company only for a while and will have to move on  because I can't share him with @suchadiva42 for long. Lol!! 

Hello guys :) I stumbled onto this drama by chance and the first 3 eps caught my interest. I like the mom lead and the professor daughter lead. No wonder she is not in Let's Eat Season 2....Also,  I see many familiar faces here too....annyeong :D

I haven't caught up with the character names and story line yet...but love what I've seen so far.... the strong and loving mom and her three daughters. Bye bye weak hubby (aish...another beach bum hubby here) and evil MIL. I really hope home-shopping mom will not let hubby, or rather ex-hubby, get back into her life, her house. Seeing how his mom and his siblings have been ill-treating his wife(now ex) for so long, how can he even suggest to his wife(ex) to just tolerate it? that it's just his old mom's nagging and weren't meant to hurt? SMH. 

@valsava hello :) Fighting!

I didn't know you were hit by hurricane Joe. No wonder I hardly see you around in soompi. I hope not much damage has been done to your house, and that all is well and safe at your household. Take care chingu. Fighting!

Episode 4

Ma Jeong In gain access to the household on the pretext excuse of clearing his books shelves. Hong Ae Ja gives her husband an ultimatum to leave before she returns from work. Ma Jeong Gi (MJG) is now seeking refuge in his study. Ma Jeong Gi gets a call from Ma Jeong Tae (MJT - younger brother)

MJG: Yes...is that you Jeong Tae...oh...I am now in the house....

MJT: Really...Hyeongsu (형수 - wife of your elderst brother) had said that you can stay at the house

MJT to Mrs Ma

MJT: Just look...Mother...he had gone home

Mrs Ma takes over the phone

Mrs Ma: Ah Beom (MJG)...listen to me carefully what I am about to say...don't because of that house wench over there asked you to get out...& you leave..you need to remain steadfast in your stand..the next week, isn't that the date for your father Jesa (memorial rite), at that time, I will surely go &  extinguish that pride of hers, that will certainly give her a "fine time" at the Jesa, until then you must remain steadfast at all cost...you will definitely be able to stand up & "walk like a man"

Mrs Ma uses the phrase "straightened up your shoulders & spine" as she always complained that her son is being thumbed by her daughter in law & wants her son to act like a man

MJG: Regarding Jesa?...yes...none at all...of course...Mother...be rest assured..yes...Yes

MJG puts down the phone

MJG: How am I going to mentioned about the Jesa (to Hong Ae Ja)

@gerrytan8063 thanks for the translation.

This man and his family have a nerve. His mother is telling him to hold on and dig in so this woman can take care of his father's Jesa memorial? WHY should this woman handle that? Who is his mother to think she will handle this woman and knock her down to stop talking and acting the way she is? Why does this idiot think his wife will even do this for them after they have treated her this way and she has signed divorce papers? Is there not another DIL in that house from his Brother? Why can she not do her duty? I am beyond exasperated with these selfish people. You treat the woman badly finding fault with everything and you should be happy she is leaving since they think she ruined this man's future but yet you want to hold on for her to take care of a family ritual? Stop IT I say!!! just too much!!

I hope she does not do it and kicks his butt out!!! And if his mother comes around let her have it as much also.

Episode 5

Ma Jeong Gi barter/put on collateral his pension fund to Hong Ae Ja for the right to stay in the house

It is reveal that Hong Ae Ja did have a son....the son was the 3rd child when Hong Ae Ja was pregnant with Ma Hee Seong (3rd daughter but actually the 4th child). The son die in a traffic accident while running across the road while playing

National Pension Service of Korea (NPS circa in 1988 - Guk Min Yeon Geum - 국민연금) is pension fund that Korean & foreign employee alike contribute from age 18-59...pension is paid when the contributor turns 60 years of age

South Korea's pension system has taken shape in the last two decades with the state-run National Pension Service (NPS), the Severance Pay System & tax-favoured private pension plans. History of pension scheme in Korea only dates back to 1973, first pension scheme was introduce in 1960

In my country, we had established an employee provident fund in 1951, long before gaining our Independence from the British in 1957

Employers & employees contribute 4.5% of wages each. The benefit formula consists of basic & earnings-related portions. The system is progressive & applies an average accrual rate of 1.5% over a 40-year contribution period. Benefits are paid mainly in the form of an annuity, which is indexed to prices, with the full pension available at age 60. The retirement age will rise to 65 by 2033.

Video Episode 5:

This idiot uses his retirement to get her to let him stay there.. she should take it and still kick him out he owes her anyway. Selfish man..

Why is she nervous as she talks to this woman..

What are they bickering about? What is up with this guy?

Everyone is working but this guy is playing a game and then acts like a slug as he talks on the phone and is yelling as he is told something she did.. Must he bother her?Why is he disturbing this woman who is working? LOL, she told them to go or ignore him as he has a melt down..

Seems she kept everything her girls gave her and she is sad as she takes out the box from her son and cries from that loss. Poor woman.

Preview:

IS it me or is it 3 families and they are a mass of conflicts..

Video Credit MBCdrama Channel on YouTube.

**Note: video may be out of order from broadcast since I have not looked at the full episode yet.

JG is pulling all kinds of tricks so he can remain in that house. Well I hope AJ has some tricks up her sleeve too. That man needs to be kicked out of the house for good. He still thinks he can order her around and I'm glad she walked away smh

JS's MIL is overbearing and wants things done her way. It's a pity that JS is going through the same thing her mother did and she looks quite unhappy. Her husband doesn't seem to be of much help at all and it wouldn't surprise me if he's having an affair. 

@gerrytan8063    did JS's MIL mention something about AJ's dead son while having an argument during that argument which occurred around 16:43? Thank you for the help. 

what i understood JS's MIL said that AJ doesn't know how to raise a boy bc she haven't have one. I don't know if other people know that AJ had a son.

I Have liked first five episodes. It

@tinatrix236

"did JS's MIL mention something about AJ's dead son while having an argument during that argument which occurred around 16:43? Thank you for the help."

JS MIL: There is a possibility that you may not comprehend as you had never raise a son before, as I had seen that the relationship with daughter in law is totally different from my perspective or else why would people would want a son.....

Episode 5

Mrs Ma calls Ma Jeong Gi

MJG: Aiyoh!...Mother

Mrs Ma: Yes...Ah Beom...she no longer has bring out the subject of the divorce

MJG: Aiyoh! Mother...although we have already stamp the divorce papers...but do you think that a couple can be separate so easily...she herself is the mother of her children, am I not the father of the children

Mrs Ma: Of course you are...but then you really must not to put too much trust on her...affirm to her that she will have to do your father Jesa

MJG: Aiyoh...of course I have...what is more to say about that....I have give her my lifetime, how could she not do it...she will have to face me

Mrs Ma: yes...don't be so easily to lose out to her, you need to make it clear that she need to do the Jesa...we just can't have 3-4 dishes of Namul, we need at least 5 dishes...& out up a lavish table setting, you will have to state this with affirmation to her

Namul (나물) are seasonal vegetables that is sautéed

MJG a little hesitant

MJG: Please be rest assure...yes I will definitely had this prepare...yes

MJG ends the call as he hold to his pension fund book

MJG claims to Hong Ae Ja that he had use 10 million won as the deposit to secure the mortgage of the house but Hong AeJa had no recollection that he did so, although there was a withdrawal entry of that amount on the pension fund book

Getting caught up guy's ,  Every time I see the actor Jung Bo Suk I think whatever drama he's playing in is a treat his acting shows off such a range loved him in Giant but I really like him more in can you hear my heart so let's see what he's got in store for us it's been a while since he's been in a daily and a 120 episodes at that so this should be a breeze for him a walk in the park..  Actress Kim Hye Ok,  She's alright but she play these worrying wort type character to me all the time let's see if she has something different but then a mother with 4 daughter who wouldn't be out of her mind but they all seems professional in they careers.. Moving on to actress Park Hae Mi where as she been hiding I think the last time I seen her in a drama was My precious Son aka My precious you.. Yes it's been a long while for her in any drama if I'm wrong correct me.. BTW @tinatrix236, KKJ played the lead in thorn flower was dating the lead actress in that drama in real life I don't know if they are still together but nice to see him here.. Actress Jun Woo Joo Always play these mean Halmoni roles so we can just tell by the first episode she fits right in her character always have something negative to say looks like she stop liking the wife after they son was killed and the other daughters didn't even speak to they Halmoni what's up with that the father side of the family looks worthless.. LOL           

Well it started off on the right note serve worthless dad divorce papers well Halmoni what do you think of that.. Talk now having a divorce jobless son at his age..

@jadecloud,  I was using the term hurricane as a metaphor but my husband did the house a job he didn't even cut the grass when I was gone the grass in the backyard was as tall as me and I'm only 5'1.. LOL 

I've watched all 5 eps and really liking this drama, though still unclear of what's happening and what's the connection between all 3 fams. 

Love HAJ and her 3 daughters. But dad MJK, aish...SMH. I think he's pulling a fast one on HAJ when he claims he paid 60K towards the apt they are living in. He looks sheepish when he insists he did, but HAJ could not remember that he did. I bet he withdrew the money and gave them to his mom. Gonna wait and see what's the truth.

E1R4Vtj.jpg

That aside, I don't see why HAJ should let him stay in the apt. She can always pay him his share of the contribution, can't she? They have stamped on their divorce papers, isn't it a matter of time before it becomes filed and finalized? I really think HAJ is better off without MJK, his mom and that side of the family. They look like vultures who just keep taking and squeezing every little bit they can off of HAJ, yet are an ungrateful bunch. MJK's siblings wasn't even happy to accommodate him for a night when he was almost thrown out of his own house. I understand the 3 girls may be better off with dad MJK around, esp. when 2 of the 3 daughters are not married..... but ... Anyway, I don't like this dad character. And looking at his mom, HAJ's MIL(ex), more demands and derogatory words are expected from evil MIL. Would HAJ really take care of the memorial - JESA? And not just a simple one at that?  

When I see HAJ having lost a son to an accident, I remember MAWC Duk In. Both women are in the same boat. But HAJ is in a better place, NO not with the hubby MJK but with those 3 precious daughters she has, while Duk In is all alone. Sigh.

I like Jung Bo Suk the actor too. I'm still not clear about his character here, and what his relationship will be with the other two fams. He seeems to be a single dad. I've nothing against KKJ, but I'm not familiar with him and really wish his role SJG would have been someone else. But, he does seem pretty funny, and it's early days yet. LSK on the other hand, is really good at rom-com roles.

MJS and her MIL...a handful of trouble. Never ending interference into son's matrimonial life. How can she expect DIL to answer her calls when she is teaching? Another MIL from hxll? 

@valsava Really? OMO *me red faced now* I really thot a hurricane 'visited' your area.while you were playing the tables in LV :blink: :D Glad all is well.

Valsalva. you might want to forget this drama but Park Hae Mi was in that disaster drama, Princess Aurora...What gets me is Kil Yong  Woo, everytime I see him can't help to be reminded of his last role as the obsessed crazy Dr/husband in the drama "Only You".

Still have a couple more eps to catch up on and then I will be ready to pipe in!

jadecloud..just love your "me red faced now"....too cute

In episode 2 mom treating the divorce like it's all in a day work Halmoni and that sister of his, His own family pump is head in signing the divorce papers and then Halmoni take to the floor like the papers was served to her.. I tell you it don't pay to marry the eldest son in Korea unless the family owned some type of business a big at that one that he would inherit to put up with  MIL and a nasty sister like that,,

Wow ep3 The younger brother is useless too him and his wife either one of them not working and laying up on Halmoni unless I'm wrong.. I guess the soon to be ex-wife gave they family support through the husband but one would think taking care of 4 girls plus a dead beat dad couldn't have been and easy feat..

Okay Park Hae Mi plays the bitchy MIL.. I guess she don't like her DIL working and not staying home. I don't think I would have let her going in and throwing away my mom food she should have told her fine you send your son his food and I'll have my mom to sens me mines..

That useless husband allow his mom to call his own daughters wenches I don't blame her I'll divorce to spineless man.. I can't believe he even had and office in the house with no money coming in hell he could have wrote poems under a tree.. I guess he had block LOL

@jadecloud,  I bet that money he claim he gave went some where else maybe buying somebody a car nut since he claimed he paid his share for the Apt sell it and take her half yes he's pulling a fast one and I bet he told his mom they would hold his father Jesu at the house how else would his mom get her to fix it .. I would so be filing those divorce papers so fast If I was her I'll get some thugs to drag her out but she needs to look at the buyers papers and see if his name are any where on it better yet check the bank records to find out where that money went..

That oldest daughter MIL were she get off decorating her house the way she likes it I tell both mothers needs to be put in they place I see why the oldest daughter didn't want to live with her next she will be telling her how to dress.. I think she maybe divorcing in this drama..

Well guy's I have to say I finish all 5 episodes and I like this drama.

Who has check out eve's love how is it ?             

Guest Castler

Might give this daily drama a go (I've watched the first 5 episodes and it seems interesting). Even though the pessimistic side of me is already placing bets that one of them is adopted or that there's some sort of birth secret. 

Archived