[Drama 2015] A Daughter Just Like You 딱 너 같은 딸 20:50KST

Ldy Gmerm

File:A Daughter Just Like You-p1.jpg

• Drama: A Daughter Just Like You (literal title)
  • Revised romanization: Ddak Neo Gadeun Ttal
  • Hangul: 딱 너 같은 딸
  • Director: Oh Hyun-Jong
  • Writer: Ka Sung-Jin
  • Network: MBC
  • Episodes: 121
  • Release Date: May 18, 2015 --
  • Runtime: Mon-Fri 20:50
  • Language: Korean

Plot

Hong Ae-Ja (Kim Hye-Ok) works as a host at a home shopping channel. She has three accomplished daughters: Ji-Sung (Woo Hee-Jin), In-Sung (Lee Soo-Kyung) and Hee-Sung (Jung Hye-Seong). Hong Ae-Ja’s family interconnects with So Pan-Seok's (Jung Bo-Suk) family and Heo Eun-Sook's (Park Hae-Mi) as in-laws.

Notes

1. "A Daughter Just Like You" takes over the MBC weekday 20:50 time slot previously occupied by "Apgujeong Midnight Sun".
  2. First script reading took place on April 14, 2015 at MBC Broadcasting Station in Sangam, South Korea.

Cast

A Daughter Just Like You-Lee Soo-Kyung.jpgA Daughter Just Like You-Kang Kyeong-Jun.jpgA Daughter Just Like You-Woo Hee-Jin.jpgA Daughter Just Like You-Jung Hye-Seong.jpgA Daughter Just Like You-Kim Hye-Ok.jpg
Lee Soo-KyungKang Kyeong-JunWoo Hee-JinJung Hye-SeongKim Hye-Ok
Ma In-SungSo Jung-GeunMa Ji-SungMa Hee-SungHong Ae-Ja

A Daughter Just Like You-Kil Yong-Woo.jpgA Daughter Just Like You-Jung Bo-Suk.jpgA Daughter Just Like You-Jung Woo-Sik.jpgA Daughter Just Like You-Jo Woo-Ri.jpgA Daughter Just Like You-Park Hae-Mi.jpg
Kil Yong-WooJung Bo-SukJung Woo-SikJo Woo-RiPark Hae-Mi
Ma Jung-GiSo Pan-SeokSo Seung-GeunSo Jung-YiHeo Eun-Sook

A Daughter Just Like You-Lee Byung-Joon.jpgLee Ji-HoonA Daughter Just Like You-Jeon Won-Ju.jpgA Daughter Just Like You-Ko Yeon-A.jpg
Lee Byung-JoonLee Ji-HoonJeon Won-JuKo Yeon-A
Baek Min-SeokBaek Woo-JaeMal-NyeonBaek Mi-Na

Additional Cast Members:

Credit :http://asianwiki.com/A_Daughter_Just_Like_You

A Daughter Just Like You 03

Title: 딱 너 같은 딸 / A Daughter Just Like You

Chinese Title: 像你的女兒

Genre: Family, Romance, Comedy

Episodes: 121

Broadcast network: MBC

Broadcast period: 2015-May-18

Air time: Monday to Friday 20:55

Synopsis

This drama is about conflicts and misunderstanding among three families.

Hong Ae Ja (Kim Hye Ok) works as a host at a home shopping channel. She has three accomplished daughters: Ji Sung (Woo Hee Jin), In Sung (Lee Soo Kyung) and Hee Sung (Jung Hye Sung). Hong Ae Ja’s family interconnects with So Pan Seok’s (Jung Bo Suk) family and Heo Eun Sook’s (Park Hae Mi) as in-laws.

Cast

Hong Ae Ja’s family

Kim Hye Ok as Hong Ae Ja

Kil Yong Woo as Ma Jung Ki (Ae Ja’s husband)

Woo Hee Jin as Ma Ji Sung (Ae Ja’s oldest daughter)

Lee Soo Kyung as Ma In Sung (Ae Ja’s second daughter)

Jung Hye Sung as Ma Hee Sung (Ae Ja’s youngest daughter)

So Pan Suk’s family

Jung Bo Suk as So Pan Suk

Kang Kyung Joon as So Jung Geun (Pan Suk’s eldest son)

Jung Woo Shik as So Seung Geun (Pan Suk’s second son)

Jo Woo Ri as So Jung Yi (Pan Suk’s youngest daughter)

Huh Eun Sook’s family

Park Hae Mi as Huh Eun Sook (Ji Sung’s mother-in-law)

Lee Byung Joon as Baek Min Suk (Ji Sung’s father-in-law)

Lee Ji Hoon as Baek Woo Jae (Ji Sung’s husband)

Others

Jun Won Joo as Mal Nyun (Jung Ki’s mother)

Mi Jung (미정) as Kang Hyun Woo

Go Yun Ah (고연아) as Baek Mi Na (Ji Sung & Woo Jae’s daughter)

Han Seung Hyun as Sung Chan

Kim Hae Rim

Production Credits

Production Company: City Pictures

Producer: Kim Seung Mo

Director: Oh Hyun Jong, Park Won Kook

Screenwriter: Ga Sung Jin

http://www.koreandrama.org/wp-content/uploads/2015/05/A-Daughter-Just-Like-You-Poster2.jpg

Credit: http://www.koreandrama.org/a-daughter-just-like-you/

Teasers:

Episode 1 Preview:

Video Credit MBCdrama Channel on YouTube.

NOTICE TO ALL - PLEASE READ!

01.Soompi code of conduct SOOMPI RULES FOR KDRAMA | MOVIES | ACTORS' & ACTRESS' SECTION

Don't post any requests for subs!

Anything unrelated to the drama plot is considered spamming.

Don't quote images.

01.Due to the copyright/legal problems, no illegal streaming links will/should be posted on this thread as there had been major crackdowns going on lately.02.Any complaints about any streaming links will be counted as spam and will be reported to the mods.03.Any complaints of the respective companies such as Viki, youtube, Etc.. should be report to the respective companies instead of posting your complaints here.04.Those who are caught breaking the soompi posting rules more than 5 times will have their Id/IDs reported the mods. 05.Those who are caught promoting/posting illegal streaming links with subs ( those without permission from the orginal subbers and doesn't have copyrights like  SOOMPI TV, Viki, Dramafever,Kdrama.com or Crunchyroll) will have their ID's reported to the mods for endangering Soompi to legal issues for illegal streaming sites promotions.

PLEASE GIVE CREDIT TO WHERE CREDIT IS DUE

• Replies 500
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@tinatrix236,

Watched the first ep and it caught my interest. Especially the ending with the divorce papers all wrapped up in a pretty gift box.. Who could blame the woman with a family like her husbands. I guess she's put up with a lot from these people for years and has had enough. 

@tinatrix236,

Watched the first ep and it caught my interest. Especially the ending with the divorce papers all wrapped up in a pretty gift box.. Who could blame the woman with a family like her husbands. I guess she's put up with a lot from these people for years and has had enough. 

I loved that scene! That was unexpected and hilarious. The poor woman must have suffered a lot and it was obvious her husband's family never really liked her. She had a lot of food made of them, sang and then had the 'gift' presented. The expression on her husband's face was simply priceless. Lol!

@tinatrix236" Thanks for the shout out Chingu, I've been really busy and haven't watched any of my other dramas as well but will give this one a try in which I do love the lead actress in this one, so once I watch it, I'll give my thoughts about it as everyone else seems to like it as to where I'm all for it when there's a good drama to watch.

I just love the lead! She is absolutely ready for a fight with her husband and in laws. They have obviously been getting away with so much and she isn't taking it anymore. Those people certainly have a lot of nerve showing up at her place and trying to force their way in smh. Does the MIL what divorce means?! It seems like they took advantage of AJ's kindness and thought they still had a right to the apartment. I loved watching the MIL go crazy lol!

Guest AlexMao

I'll be happy once the drama between the ex-husband, ex-wife and well ex-family comes to an end. I wasn't too thrilled by the episode except for the ending when In Sung got into her jalopy and it was literally falling apart with every inch it took. 

Video for Episode 3:

I am not even watching this and it is funny his trying to sneak in to her place and she throws the bag at him telling him to GET OUT!!  He has the nerve to make excuses for his family.. I don't blame her for letting him have it.

lol @ her Aigoo-ing with the white rag tied around her head. The nerve of him to seem like he is helpless against his wife who is divorcing him and cutting that family off. SMH useless man..

Why is she using harsh or rough words to her.?

WOW, who's car is that that he is pushing into another's way.. he kicked it and the bumber fell off.. lmao.. too funny

That is what he get for trying to pick the doctor up.. lol

Preview:

Video Credit MBCdrama Channel on YouTube..

**Note video's may be out of order since I am not watching the drama..

Guest AlexMao

I'm not going to lie, first ten minute of episode 3 had me scratching my head wondering if I was watching the same show. It wasn't until the familiar hallway and the bickering husband and wife did I realize it was the right show [not really a good thing in my mind]. 

Episode 2

Hong Ae Ja gave her husband Ma Jeong Gi the divorce paper on his Hwangab (환갑) celebration

Hwangab (환갑) is a celebration a person who reach his/her sexagenary cycle in which the person reaches 60 years old, this is a celebration to the person's longevity..back in the days a person who lived till his/her 60th year was considered as longevity. But these day people live longer and for this reason Koreans tend to celebrate 70th instead of 60th

a Jeong Gi recites a poetry that he wrote for his celebration when Hong Ae Ja cuts him short & asked the guest to enjoy the food serve as it was getting cold, but this upset Mrs Ma

Mrs Ma: How dare you interrupt Ah Beom (아범 0 Ma Jeong Gi) reciting his poet, do you want for the rest of his life that Ah Beom has to be servile to you....huh!

Ah Beom (아범) is a simple abrevial that a mother address to her married son (meaning father of the children)

Hong Ae Ja: I had never had Ah Beom to servile towards me, Eomeonim...it is that such an expensive & lavish spread of food in this banquet, when will be the next time we will see such a spread of food...I was afraid that it will not be delicious if the food gets cold, that is why I had asked everyone to quickly eat...

Mrs Ma: What are you say there?

Sister in law (Ms Ma): Eonni...why must you say such things...if you are going to say in such manner... like darting your eyes at us in a such a spoken aggressive speech...why is there a need to invites us all

Ma Jeong Gi: What is the matter with you....enough said...at a great day like this

Hong Ae Ja: What actually did I do...that it is enough said

Ma Jeong Gi sighs

Hong Ae Ja: Fine...I had tolerate this enough, it is not a matter that I had tolerate for just a day or 2

Mrs Ma: Just look at you there...when speaking to Ah Beom, sternly darting your eyes in looking directly at him...what have you done so well...that each sentence from you sounds like a rebuke...this is why you are fate to ruined my son's future

Ma In Seong (2nd daughter): Halmeoni (Grandmother - Mrs Ma), aren't you out of line, our Mother had done so much in preparation of this banquet

Ma Ji Seong (Eldest daughter): That is correct...what has our Mother done wrong...that had resulted you in such a despise for her

Mrs Ma: What is this?...This "things" over there

Ma Hee Seong (Youngest daughter): Don't come here making reference to "things"...how many time did Halmeoni call out our names

Mrs Ma: Aigoo....looking at how you raise (educate) your children, is like that they had not be taught at all

Hong Ae Ja: As for the children (daughters)...please don't not pass any passing comments...in comparison to other household...my children had grown up to be well to do

Mrs Ma: A woman who choose to ruin my son life....will she able to raise up good daughters....what is so honourable about that

Hong Ae Ja looks at her mother in law

Hong Ae Ja: That is fine...Eomeonim...I am a woman who had ruined your son life...a woman who had vindictively choose to ruin your son life with such venom

Dead silence as Hong Ae Ja changes the subject

Hong Ae Ja: Today....I am taking this opportunity of this occasion, had prepare a something...

Hong Ae Ja snap her finger for a waitress to wheel in a trolley with a buffet tray cover & reveal a gift wrap box & place before Ma Jeong Gi

Hong Ae Ja: Yeobo...for a person who had live together with a woman like me until your 60th birthday (Hwangab 환갑)...wasn't it for you a great difficulty

Ma Jeong Gi doesn't know what to make of this matter, totally dumbstruck

Hong Ae Ja; Please accept this heartfelt gift of mine

Sister in law (married to Ma Younger brother): Omo..it looks like Hyeongnim had prepare a great gift for you

Sister in law (Ms Ma): Oppa...open it up to see....we are curious to have a look what gift is it

Ma Jeong Gi: yes...yes...Dangshin. (당신)..thank you very much

Dangshin (당신) – an affectionate term for "you"...usually a man endearment address  to his wife but it will see as rude or even crude if you address Dangshin to someone in reference to "You"

Ma Jeong Gi opens to his shock, it is application to filed divorce papers

Ma Jeong Gi; What is this.....Yeobo...what is the meaning of this....

Mrs Ma: What is that document over there

Sister in law (married to Ma Younger brother) runs over to take a look

Sister in law (married to Ma Younger brother): It is a application to filed divorce papers?

Mrs Ma: What...Divorce!

Ma Daughters just as surprised as to the rest of the family members

Hong Ae Ja: I have already stamped (dojang) my side of the application, it will be complete once you had stamps yours too...here it is......at once!

Hong Ae Ja gives Ma Jeong Gi his dojang for him to stamp

Dojang (도장) is a name seal/stamp that the Korean use as a form that is akin to a signature as verification or identification. This dojang (도장) must be registered at the district office or city hall to make it legal & gets a certificate of seal registration (인감증명서). It has a legal effect and is the equivalent of a personal signature in official documents. (It is so official and legally binding that it is possible to sell a house with just a dojang & a copy of the estate registry — sounds familiar?)

This is where my early morning gang is I still kind of busy getting the house back in order after Hurricane (Joe my hubby) has hit for over a month now..  I tell you laundry and dishes every where.. SMH 

So ladies will catch up over the next few days and be ready for mondays episode @tinatrix236, I see you have @suchadiva42, hubby for your avatar and thanks for the shout out will be ready monday..     

@gerrytan8063 thanks for the translation.

I thought that man's mother did not like her anytime you see the flash back of someone kneeling in the rain with her 3 girls behind her getting wet while the MIL runs her mouth it is not good. What is funny is she keeps saying that the woman ruined her son or is hurting his future. What future, he is 60 now and it looks to me that he is the one that hurt his own future and his wife's. He is a useless, spineless man who seems to be use to letting his wife pay for and do everything as his family has benefited from it as well but yet they still look down on her and her girls. I do not blame her for serving him Divorce papers the man should be kicked to the curb with his nasty family.

Smh@ his mother.. if he is so great why is he not working or has a better job if he does. And who are they to show up at her door banging on it.  Now we have him sneaking in and holding up in a room as to not be kicked out to go back and live with his mother.. shameful.. what type of man is he that he does that.. what did I say useless.. he has used this woman and does not want to let go.. but then this is my opinion and what do I knows..

@valsava

Welcome back...... we will see you when you get your house in order lol (Hurricane Joe..)

@tinatrix236

I am watching just not live.. I have to see how this woman handles that useless husband and his family..

Episode 2

As the dust settle down...Ma Jeong Gi pours himself a beer then gulp it down with one breath. Ma daughters return after their discussion

Ma In Seong: Eomma...are you fine?

Mrs Ma: What have you done so great, for you to be rendered a divorce, do you think that because you are so exemplary...huh!...that you had Ah Beom be so servile...

Hong Ae Ja: I do say...Eomeonim.....why do you insist on saying that I had done anything well..since 20 years ago...for the sake that he wanted to compose poetry that he gave his profession as a Professor, then to look after a husband who doesn't bring home a single cent earning to the household...then also to allow all my children to studied for their Professorship & went overseas to further their studies, do I think that I had not done anything...in a year...celebrating the fundamental celebration like Seollal (Lunar new year) & Chuseok, the Jesa (memorial) rites of all the Ma clan ancestor, the total 5 times of celebration I had personally done on your account, it seems to me that it is really wrong, Eomeonim....if I had done well, then whenever it comes to my children education expenditures, each & every time it is a hard struggle, you will only think of selling your agriculture land for "dongseo" (동서 - wife of your husband younger brother) to move house, also bought them cars to "boast" for me to see..why are you so frightful to render us some emergency fund to us

Mrs Ma: The reason is that we should not be spending so much money on wenches (girls), it is because they will eventually will enter into someone else household...this is because they have son...therefore they are posterity...looking after their benefits is consider feasible...why is that seek your disapproval that you have to cause such a ruckus

Sister in law (Ms Ma): Yes indeed Eonni...now are you saying that this is completely my Mother fault therefore you are filing the divorce...did my Mother committed a crime that deserve death

Hong Ae Ja: Not at all....it is not totally just Eeomeonim fault alone

Sister in law (Ms Ma): it is not totally just Eeomeonim fault alone...fine....let us hear this out...what crime have we committed crime that we all deserve death

Hong Ae Ja: Definitely committed crime that deserve death....it could be consider that Eomeonim is a person whose mentality thought are old school but then you seem to collaborate with the sister in laws to sing in the same chorus to cause disparity between Eomeonim & I...whatever I had done well, I been scolded for...whatever that I do wrong, I am also being scolded, do you think that I had no knowledge of the matter...I want to live my life in honesty but each & everything you will conjure up matter to make me as a joke....you all are in a pact to make me to be a fool

Ma Jeong Gi slaps the table

Ma Jeong Gi: Have you not said enough...what you have done is also wrong, you had use the excuse to give me a birthday celebration, only to gather the family members & have them be embarrassed before us...this is a problem that is between us...wait for later for the both of us to settle matters, wouldn't that be just fine

Hong Ae Ja: If this problem can be solve by both of our efforts, it would have been resolve long ago

Ma Jeong Gi: What is the problems that the both of us can't solve...I am not saying that it is not completely wrong on your part, no matter what you do....there are times that you can't utter a sigh of lament

Hong Ae Ja: Then do you want to say that what I have done...to say otherwise...I have to bear all the self sacrifice...I can't do anything but just to adhere

Ma Jeong Gi: You are the eldest daughter in law...of course it is feasible that you have to do what is accordance to you...just as long as you exercise patience, there will not be problem at all

Eldest daughter in law must be self-discipline, etiquette, relationships with in-laws, household management, humility, and chastity, admirable women emphasised their unselfish loyal and self-sacrificing willingness to do anything to help their husband and his family. Although ideology is one thing and the reality of the lives of women often another, the long shadow of basic beliefs about the nature and role of women had far-reaching effects.

Hong Ae Ja: No I can't...I had always exercise my patience & tolerance again & again, just as long as I exercise patience & self sacrificing, do you think that the Ma clan will dotes on me, do they render me any recognition as their daughter in law

Ma In Seong: yes indeed...who know that my mother had suffered such hardship

Ma Ji Seong: As for father too...afraid that you have never once taken side with Mother & helping to defend her, each time the household is in tumult...you only could find fault in Mother

Ma Hee Seong: This is really that Mother had not reach to a point of no return, wouldn't have resorted to this, moreover is it not Mother wrongdoing that she want to justification in her life

Ma Jeong Gi: Who else here....is not living their life in justification, it is not just your mother who had justification

Ma Hee Seong: Then why is that...that you all are trying to torment my mother

Mrs Ma: You..children...how dare you wenches dare to define your father like that with such rebukes...is it from your mother that you had learn such despicable behaviour...you are unfilial & ungrateful wenches

Hong Ae Ja: Who is unfilial & ungrateful...don't you dare speak such despicable words to my children

Sister in law (Ms Ma): Why are we say that...why should we not...those girls are also not in a proper manner..yah it is fine that you are not here to stop your parents from divorcing...you are now siding with your mother in her defence

Ma In Seong: Do you think that Gumo (고모 paternal aunt - father sister) is qualified to say such things?

Sister in law (Ms Ma): What are you saying?

ma Hee Seong: Yes indeed...looking at it until now...the people had render such torment to my mother..who do you think they are....

Ma Ji Seong: Honestly speaking the actual fact that is causing father & mother is getting a divorce is the blame of responsibility are the people that are present here before us

Mrs ma: What are you saying?...What are you implying now....

Sister in law (wife of younger brother): Yah.....when the elders are talking, the youngest should be rude to answer back in tact, you should keep quiet

Relative: Aigoo!...It is because they are so bold, that is why they dare to answer back

Sister in law (Ms Ma): The children over there are indeed outstanding, there is nothing that they dare not say right out

Hong Ae Ja: Agassi...when was the time that you have praise my children that they are exemplary!!!

Mrs Ma: How dare you sternly dart your eyes in speaking to her (Ms Ma) 

Younger brother: Mother....sit down...be patience....

Hong Ae Ja: Wait a moment...there is no use pursue for blame in this divorce. Ma Jeong Gi ssi, just stamp the document

Ma Jeong Gi pressure by his mother & family stamp the document reluctantly. Hong Ae Ja takes the document with such delight

Archived