[Taiwanese Drama 2015] When I See You Again 他看她的第2眼

c_gunawan541

@millicom yay! Thanks for having read my blog before :) I do plan to translate/summarise more fan meets....I'm gonna start on the Lunar Maria one soon. I'm currently working on WISYA episode 10 BTS at the moment, half way done. But definitely keep your eyes on those fan meets. Do you have a link for the Jasper birthday video? I wasn't watching the series around his birthday due to personal emergencies around that time, so would love to catch up and would probably translate.

• Replies 386
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Some spoilers about ep15: (but I didn't went into detail)

Ep15 was exciting, especially Yan Ze's part, he's such a well-layered character that even when he steps into the dark side, I'm totally fascinated by his character. Jet Chao is doing such a great job portraying Yan Ze's complexity. Plus thank god for an intelligent and cool-headed hero, he knows everything that's going around him and I totally love his showdown with the CEO and Yan Ze. As for An Xi, I think she might get onto some people's nerves in this episode for how simple and trusting she is but that's her good point and also what made YQ love her so he have no intention to change that side of her. I seriously think it was a great episode, layered plot and characters. 

Wow Ep15,  YZ is really good. Good portrayal of his acting skills. Most of the viewers lashed out negative comments on YZ social media. Some even sent him threatening texts. But I guess viewers got too emotionally attached and forgot its just a drama show! 

Back to the storyline. AX is really too good a character in terms of human quality. Caring to elders, has no ulterior motive towards the surroundings. Cares for everybody. Tries her very best for her boyfriend. Hahahah, I wish I could find a girl like her just like how female viewers are raving for a YQ of their own.

YZ is he really bad by nature? I don't think so. After hearing his emotional exchange at the carpark. I think his childhood shaped a huge part in his upgrowing. Broken family. Lack of parental care and concern. Always not recognised for his effort. Never being thanked for by his effort and doings.

Why does he like to play chess? Maybe when he plays chess, he feels like he is in control of somethings.. How he could shape the destiny of the chess pieces. How he could alter the fate of the game, how he could finally be in control of something. He always had no say since young. Parents left him,  stepfather wants him to study law. He always had to follow and had no say and even when he strives so hard he does not get recognised. YQ essily outshined him at work. His own sister prefers YQ to him. Ceo prefers YQ too ( even though they are of different departments , legal and operations ) YQ is better at chess than him even though he was the teacher.

YQ did ask YZ so what if he managed to change AX into ceo footsteps? What's next? Could YZ just want to see how he could manipulate someone just for his own interest or does he just want to know the feeling of manipulating someone just like how he told AX he didn't want to accompany the kids he just wants to know the feeling of what his real dad went through to foresake ones own flesh for others?

EP 16 preview is so so awwwww. YE is finally in the limelight and takes a huge step forward at her own love line!! Did we almost see YZ lunged out a kiss at YE? TEEHEE.

I hope YQ grandfather gets well. He appears to be more frail in ep15.. Would this affect the storyline since he is the next most precious thing to AX for YQ... Oh he still doesn't know that AX is the girl who caused them to lose their house. Would this affect his health if he finds out? Would this affect YQ and AX? Hahah I think too much at night. Sorry for digresing

I feel some comments on dramafever fail to view the drama deeper than what's shown so far. They were complaining about the blackmail which didn't even succeeded, I don't know what are they complaining every week. Slow episode, dumb heroine (when she've improved so much in recent episodes), bad acting of heroine (are they serious?!  Did they watch ep12?)... They just can find things to nitpick. Not enough kissing? When we have drunk kiss and the sweet dance with unibrow and sofa kissing (though it's interrupted by AX falling down the sofa, ha)... I sometimes wonder whether they really did watch the whole episode or they just fast forwarded the whole thing? So much difference between the discussion here and there... (Taiwanese PTT forum's discussion is about the same with soompi thread, they all liked ep14). Like seriously, if you really dislike a drama, just stop watching...

Or maybe it's cultural difference? I'm used to this kind of pacing of tw-dramas but the americans might not? I don't know... I'm just ranting. 

Many are probably K-drama watchers, I've come to notice these same complaints and then some. I have also noticed that many drama watchers are very shallow and are only interested in the OTP and basically nothing else so if there aren't enough couple scenes then they practically ignore everything else.  It's best to ignore those complaints because there's a high chance they're not paying much attention. I have seen similar comments on other T-dramas, I'm not sure if many viewers are use to the different language. 

Mandy seemed to over act in the beginning, but she really does deliver in those emotional scenes. I don't have any complaints about anyone's acting as of now, everyone portrays their characters so well. 

Personally, I only post every now and then because I don't have time to watch as many as those on here. Often times I am behind on dramas so I read recaps, now reading will not be the same as watching but either way as long as I get the gist of the plot. 

For me, I prefer Chinese  dramas over T-dramas. There's more plot development as well as character development. It doesn't entirely drag on but has relevant side plots.

Episode 15 was mostly focused on the people from Ocean but it had its share of cute scenes too. Yan Ze is indeed one complicated character. He does have a dark side to him but he is also nice to the people he really care about such as Ya En and he did help An Xi and You Qian to get together. But as You Qian I still don't get his motive of wanting An Xi and CEO to reconcile. 

I was worried that An Xi and You Qian would start to argue because of Yan Ze but fortunately that didn't happen. (Please keep all the angst away from the OTP scriptwriters). As people over at ptt have said these two (especially An Xi) have the best personalities among all the leads in dramaland. It is sweet how YQ went back to Pu Lang Village to see AX on the same day that she had left Taipei because he misses her and the morning-kisses were cute too. 

@JenL I liked Pleasantly Surprised until Ah Jie's brother fell into coma and the couple "broke up" because I thought it wasn't necessary for the plot and also made it deviate from the happy and light-hearted storyline that it first started with. WISYA is starting to get a bit more serious too but I think everything has been laid out and well-planned from the scriptwriters so it doesn't feel too sudden. 

Guest millicom

Looks like the next episode will mostly deal with Yan Ze and with YE.  I like that they are not creating conflict between the OTP just for the sake of it and the focus of the episodes have now shifted on the unresolved issues of the 2nd leads.  This just shows just how solid the writing is because we care not only with what happens with the OTP but also with the supporting.

Looks like the next episode will mostly deal with Yan Ze and with YE.  I like that they are not creating conflict between the OTP just for the sake of it and the focus of the episodes have now shifted on the unresolved issues of the 2nd leads.  This just shows just how solid the writing is because we care not only with what happens with the OTP but also with the supporting.

Yeap! That is why academy awards around the world have the best supporting actor and actresse award! There is no complete show without them. But I wonder who is the supporting actress in WISYA? Is it YQ or Mei Wen. Hahaha.

Totally agree with everything said by @LavelyShai@c_gunawan541 and @doctor23b! Just watched episode 15 and I just love the layering of the characters and the story line too. I feel a lot of the time the supporting characters are used to just boost the OTP's story line, but in this case, the supporting characters have been given a life of their own. Not only in having amazingly detailed backstories that you can sympathize with, but also in terms of air time...Although I like watching You Qian and An Xi, I found it really refreshing to be watching Yan Ze and his development for most of this episode. It's really helped to propel the story forward because in a lot of dramas, the story goes down hill after the OTP gets together because they have to push some cliche issues to be resolved. But with WISYA, the story seems to have climbed up a notch because now the side characters involvements are adding new layers of conflict that is leading to a more climatic resolution. 

I feel you can't really hate Yan Ze either (haha, @doctor23b can't believe people get so into dramas that they send death threat text messages!!! That's just crazy!) because he's such a tragic character and while he's quite jaded, he's not beyond being redeemed....There's also a mirroring effect between him and You Qian, where You Qian has let go of that desire for revenge and is living peacefully with his life choices and Yan Ze is suffering in his own hatred and his need to get back at the world. Really looking forward to the next episode! Jet Chao is a strong performer, great at exhibiting that sense of cynicism and bitterness....even though he's such a joker in real life! 

I also really quite liked An Xi and You Qian in this episode. I think she's pretty wise in dissecting Yan Ze's character. And although she's trusting, I don't think she's doing it in a thoughtless manner. She speaks from the core of her own life experiences and she's giving Yan Ze the benefit of the doubt. She might not know that he's 'evil,' but I think she's trusting him even though she knows that he harbors a lot of hurt and anger. It really shows that she's a person who takes the good in anyone. You Qian is also awesome. He won't let anyone mess him around, and he's protective of An Xi, but I liked that he could also back down and help her with the flowers instead of carry on that fight with An Xi. He's also smart enough to pick apart his opponents, so the story is fast and the conflicts are open. Yeah! Bring on the next episode!!!

Guest millicom

@millicom yay! Thanks for having read my blog before :) I do plan to translate/summarise more fan meets....I'm gonna start on the Lunar Maria one soon. I'm currently working on WISYA episode 10 BTS at the moment, half way done. But definitely keep your eyes on those fan meets. Do you have a link for the Jasper birthday video? I wasn't watching the series around his birthday due to personal emergencies around that time, so would love to catch up and would probably translate.

Hi JenL, here's the link.  It's found in the official facebook page of the drama archived under the videos section.  thanks  https://www.facebook.com/wheniseeuagain/videos/vb.720476651398079/761945273917883/?type=2&theater

@JenL hahah Omg! I thought I was the only one at the point of time whereby AX was tidying up the roses at YQ's apartment and I was thinking would YQ be a gentleman to sort out the roses or would he just simply walk off. 

But YQ simply being YQ just brought out his demeanor side and helped AX with the roses. 

But if this happened to my gf, I would help with the roses too. I mean hey, the legit reason are for the kids anyway. 

Ep15's rating dropped to 1.94 (last week 2.08). I guess the end of summer vacation in Taiwan really affected the rating since even Lego's new drama, Love Cuisine dropped to 1.59 (from 2.19 last week). I hope the rating will stabilize, instead of dropping further. 1.94 isn't a bad number since it's still no.1 of the same time slot. But I'm hoping it can go higher next week.

Ep16 Preview 1

Ep 15 BTS

Hi everybody just wanted to share this. They didn't include this part inside episode 15!! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5IYkIaW_Puo&feature=youtu.be

Ep 16 trailer is out too! https://fbcdn-video-k-a.akamaihd.net/hvideo-ak-xfp1/v/t43.1792-2/11961625_775353945910349_461592532_n.mp4?efg=eyJybHIiOjE1MDAsInJsYSI6MTAyNH0%3D&rl=1500&vabr=719&oh=94dbc50ae464b6feee8ebf83b47117e7&oe=55F075CE&__gda__=1441822222_4a6dccd8ec358a1142f0cd9ebf7b2d4a

Grandfather flares up after knowing AX is the culprit for making YQ injured and hence they had to sell the house to pay for his medical fees. YQ shows up infront of AX saying that she can have the deed to YQ old house if she disseapers forever..

oh no...

@c_gunawan541 I was initially hoping for WISYA to break 3 but for now I'm happy if it continues to stay over 2. 

@doctor23b Thank you for sharing the clips with us. The one with An Xi and You Qian on the cliff is so cute. Why did they cut it out? I was thinking while watching that scene on Sunday that it would been perfect with a kiss with such beautiful scenery. Hehe, the sober AX is still too shy to initiate a kiss. 

Oh no, how did grandpa know that AX is the girl who YQ got injured for which led them to sell their house? I hope his anger won't last long because he should know AX by now, that even if she indirectly caused this, that she isn't that type of girl to deliberately hurt YQ. And Yong Qing still hasn't given up on YQ, despite being told by YQ himself and her god-mother to do that? Please AX, don't listen to her and be a noble idiot now.

Haha, this scene is so cute. Anyway I think it doesn't matter who told grandad. When YQ and AX decided to not tell grandad. This issue will one day be exposed anyway. You can't keep fire in a paper bag. So what we can hope now, is that grandfather will not get so upset by AX was the culprit and let his health get too affected. 

If not YQ would feel guilty and this OTP relationship would get strained again. Actually I am dying for this show to end, so I can finally put a fairy tale ending to it. But on the other hand I don't want it to end as every Sunday I would log on to WISYA Facebook page and Mandy Wei and thoroughly enjoy the fans interaction.

At a crossroad.

Anyone interested to know what's written on Spop August issue magazine (the one with Jasper and Mandy on the over) text interview?

Sphere of Gray (she's also part of the WISYA Viki subbing team group) has kindly translated the things written on the magazine issue:

https://sphereofgray.wordpress.com/2015/08/23/s-pop-華流-august-2015-issue-no-30/

The scene at the cafe.. haha... Grandfather was really spot on. Anywhere could be a home with family members around you.. 

I think ep 16 was more of a filler? Yes, some main huge plots were dropped to be the starting point of higer developing climax in the storyline. But seriously? Now CEO has breast cancer? Poor AX...

I think the ya en part was really great! She is so strong! She knows that she has to keep on fighting for what she wants! Look at the similarity, YZ's degree in law was a choice not by him ,YE has lots of decisions made for her too.. 

Wow, I didn't know Taiwan had their own ' disneyland ' really looking forward to visit there soon!

The scene at the cafe.. haha... Grandfather was really spot on. Anywhere could be a home with family members around you.. 

Hidden Content

I think the ya en part was really great! She is so strong! She knows that she has to keep on fighting for what she wants! Look at the similarity, YZ's degree in law was a choice not by him ,YE has lots of decisions made for her too.. 

Hidden Content

The ending is coming to a close if that's the case.. so the writer has nothing better to do with the plot so why not add a disease or two. It tends to happen with Taiwanese dramas--you get an unexpected problem and then a few episodes later, it gets resolved.

Archived