Ji Chang Wook 지창욱 - Upcoming Dramas: "The Queen Woo" (우씨왕후) (TVING) / "Bulk" (벌크) (JTBC) / Upcoming Movie "Revolver" (리볼버)

cherkell

What Actor Ji might  be saying about the new total IG followers of 13.8 Million:  "No worries....I've got this."

kwill-video-gif-wink.gif13.8mtemplate.png

I am coming down off of the emotional high of Backstreet Rookie, biding my time, and waiting for the delivery of my NewBIN material! It's on its way. YAY.  And there is the release of his movie Punishment to look forward to, as well.  But for covid 19, life could be considered good.  

I see a few entries above about people wanting to see Actor Ji as a doctor.  @Tuvi Girl said that seeing him in a white coat was part of the allure, though probably not all of the attraction.  Then @Ale _ida, @Fandomized Q, and @backstreetboysfan chimed in with positive votes.  I'm not sure but @Emili Rose may also be one of the fans opting for a doctor role.  I'm just curious.  What specifically about acting the part of a doctor is so interesting?  It's not that I don't agree....but i suspect that each of us may have a different reason for making this selection. When and if everyone has time it would be great if you could tell what things you look for in the dramatic role of a doctor.  

• Like 1

@Mai Stars JCW has done many different jobs in his movies, musicals, dramas such as body guard (3 times), chef, PD, convenience store manager, lawyer, prosecutor, reporter, Emperor, martial art coach, etc., but he has never done any medical drama yet, so I’m just curious to see a new and different image of him. :rolleyes:

I remember at the beginning of Backstreet Rookie, he had 12.5 millions followers on his Instagram, but now it is 13.8. Yay!! ^_^

There’s no confirmation news for JCW’s upcoming drama yet, but it seems like Chinese fans are very eager to see Kim Ji Won pairing with JCW. They even create a page for this possible upcoming project on Douban:

https://movie.douban.com/celebrity/1315170/movies?sortby=time&format=pic

Also it is rumored that drama “Mr. Right” will be aired in December 2020. I really don’t know where this rumor originally started, but many JCW fan pages have posted this speculation. Hopefully we can see JCW again on TV this year. ^_^

• Like 2

Since the covid pandemic, I have binge all of Ji Chang Wook’s well known dramas—> Empress Ki, Healer, The K2, Suspicious Partner, and Melting Me Softly that I kept putting it on hold for the longest time. I heard of him a long time ago during Empress Ki because he was starring alongside my fav. actress Ha Ji Won. I’ve been meaning to watch his dramas but at the time I was still crazy about Lee Min Ho so I never found JCW attractive. I’m a late late fan but after watching his dramas, you can say I’m now a huge fan and I find him very attractive. Also, his acting is way better than LMH. JCW is very talented and he acted well using his eyes. Now, I understand why people always say he’s good with his eyes when it comes to acting. 

One question, I know his tattoos in The K2 are fake but I read that his lotus tattoo is real. Can anyone confirm this? Lol

• Like 1
  • Love 1

11 hours ago, elizabeth said:

One question, I know his tattoos in The K2 are fake but I read that his lotus tattoo is real. Can anyone confirm this? Lol

Many of his tattoos in The K2 were fake, but some of them are real tattoos because fans often caught the same tattoos below his waistline and on his left thigh many times since drama The K2. JCW does not deliberately reveal his tattoos clearly for the world to see, but he doesn’t try hard to hide them either because I still can notice his real tattoos on some photos on his Instagram and also in a photo published on 1st Look magazine. In drama Backstreet Rookie, there was a scene that he pulled down his pants and then got kicked by the female lead. Somehow, in that scene the tattoos on his left thigh didn’t show ( I guess they put make up on his skin or they use Photoshop to clear it). 

• Like 3

gimpovermedibang3-1-e1599259341100.png

This is a "just because" because an homage every now and then is good for the soul.  Taken from one of the millions of concert photos of Ji Chang Wook available on the internet. Mille Grazie to all the souls who lurk with their cameras wherever Actor Ji might be making an appearance...and to the professionals who do their job only too well. I translate into another medium for yet another viewing experience.

Software:  GIMP

Hardware: Huion Graphic Tablet

• Like 3

@Mai Stars If done well, medical dramas deal with a lot intense emotional stories and wookie does emotional scenes so amazingly. So I'd love to see him in a medical drama. 

@Tuvi Girl I'm usually cautious with cdrama schedules. :sweats:

They are notoriously bad with sticking to planned time tables, so don't want to be too excited. 

@cherkell @Tuvi Girl

I need some help with the new photobook please. I found that the photobook can be ordered through YesAsia. I'm not sure that's a legit way since Glorious has Yes24 link. I don't want to end up paying to somewhere that might not help JCW in the end. 

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Fandomized Q said:

@Tuvi Girl

I need some help with the new photobook please. I found that the photobook can be ordered through YesAsia. I'm not sure that's a legit way since Glorious has Yes24 link. I don't want to end up paying to somewhere that might not help JCW in the end. 

It's safe to order from YesAsia.  Any sales portal must have a licensing agreement in place with Glorious Entertainment and Wonderboy Productions before putting items up on their sites, so all proceeds from those sales will benefit Wook directly.  I'm already seeing fake reprints for sale on the open market, so I would definitely stay away from Rakuten/eBay/Shopee, since those are second-hand sellers and most cannot guarantee good quality.

• Thanks 4

miracle24piano.gif13.9mfollowerstemplate-1.png

~ CELEBRATE.....AGAIN ~

Another milestone.  What will it be like when he hits 14 MILLION??  I hope to be here to find out and maybe contribute!

@Fandomized Q said "If done well, medical dramas deal with a lot intense emotional stories and wookie does emotional scenes so amazingly. So I'd love to see him in a medical drama."

Me: AMEN to that!!  

@Tuvi Girl said "but he has never done any medical drama yet, so I’m just curious to see a new and different image of him." 

Me:  Amen to that, too!!  Whatever is new that he appears in, I will move heaven and earth to be there to see and experience it. 

• Love 4

On 9/4/2020 at 4:02 AM, Tuvi Girl said:

Many of his tattoos in The K2 were fake, but some of them are real tattoos because fans often caught the same tattoos below his waistline and on his left thigh many times since drama The K2. JCW does not deliberately reveal his tattoos clearly for the world to see, but he doesn’t try hard to hide them either because I still can notice his real tattoos on some photos on his Instagram and also in a photo published on 1st Look magazine. In drama Backstreet Rookie, there was a scene that he pulled down his pants and then got kicked by the female lead. Somehow, in that scene the tattoos on his left thigh didn’t show ( I guess they put make up on his skin or they use Photoshop to clear it). 

Thanks for the info. I never really paid attention to his body parts besides his abs so I never realized that he has tattoos. I had to go back and look at his older posts on Instagram and finally saw glimpse of his tattoo on his thigh. 

I’m still a bit hesitant about watching Backstreet Rookie. I heard a lot of bad reviews on the plot but I’ll give it a try.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, cherkell said:

It's safe to order from YesAsia.  Any sales portal must have a licensing agreement in place with Glorious Entertainment and Wonderboy Productions before putting items up on their sites, so all proceeds from those sales will benefit Wook directly.  I'm already seeing fake reprints for sale on the open market, so I would definitely stay away from Rakuten/eBay/Shopee, since those are second-hand sellers and most cannot guarantee good quality.

Thanks a lot for the info @cherkell I found the jiscovery concert dvd and the new photobook at YesAsia. So was hoping to buy them together (which is less expensive buying them separately from YesAsia and Yes24)

@elizabeth 

I will admit that BR may not be everyone's cup of tea, but I liked it overall and JCW was amazing in it. 

Drama has many issues but on the positive side, their strongest point is being a heartwarming slice of life story about family with several good life lessons on social/class prejudice.

Show did well in terms of ratings and both JCW/KYJ were praised for their performances.

Irony is that BR's main theme is not to judge people with quick assumptions and the drama itself is subjected to that. 

• Like 3

@elizabeth I enjoyed watching Backstreet Rookie a lot. It’s the funniest JCW’s drama ever. It helps me have a good time and relieve my stress during the Covid pandemic. The storyline is fine, not bad at all. It’s quite successful on WAVVE and iQIYI app’s trending popularity. Drama Backstreet Rookie was controversial in the beginning, but overall it is just pure fun, light-hearted and heart-warming. It’s my cup of tea, so I think it’s worth watching. ^_^

Everyday I check the news to see if there’s any confirmation for his new project, but nothing has happened! Why does it take so long? :bawling:

• Like 3

@Mai Stars I’d like to see him in any kind of different role, and he never been in a medical drama before. Pretty sure he’s gonna make it unique and interesting as usual.

@elizabeth They judged the drama just because it’s an adaptation from an adult webtoon, while in fact, it is one of the purest drama I’ve ever watch. I think BR was treated so unfairly, some with hidden agenda, but even with all the bashers and controversies in the beginning, it still maintained as the 1st rating in mini-series as it was airing, 1st spot in wavve and iQIYI (up until now).

BR is my cup of tea, it’s a slice of life, family oriented drama. Some exaggerated CGI are for comedic purpose, just see it as a life comic. But despite that, the story is so relatable and realistic. Don’t expect a great plot or thrilling plot twist. Just enjoy it as you watch people around you have their own life struggle. This show can make me laugh until my stomach hurts then crying and having this warm feelings in my heart. The problems seem trivial but it makes me reflecting my life LoL

JCW was amazing in BR. His comedic acting was brilliant. And the way he, KYJ and other casts expressed their feelings so delicately yet so touching, I can feel warmth in my heart just by remembering it. Not to mention, his chemistry with KYJ is really another level. They set a new standard of chemistry just by bickering. Gosh....

It’s a drama that marks a special place in my heart, not because of a thrilling or great impression, but because of all the feels that I got from it. But if you look for something thrilling or great plot, or some serious matter, I don’t think BR is one for you.

• Like 2
  • Awesome 1

5 hours ago, Ale _ida said:

JCW was amazing in BR. His comedic acting was brilliant. 

You said it so simply and so precisely.  You could be writing his press releases.

TIL* from watching many, many of his different fans' IG postings that it is an anniversary of his appearance in the play Shinheung Military School while he was in the Army.  I am pretty bad on keeping up with anniversaries and dates, but this time I remembered something I posted in these pages back in September, 2018.  Posting it again in remembrance:

finalshinheunghomage.png 

*TIL = today I learned

• Like 2
  • Love 1

2 hours ago, Tuvi Girl said:

I guess Photo Book #123 is related to Backstreet Rookie only, but the book #133 is all about other personal photos of JCW.

Book #133 is a compilation of photos taken during the filming of "Melting Me Softly."  The accompanying 24-page Selfie Book contains photos personally taken by Wook during those filming days.

• Like 2
  • Awesome 1

3 hours ago, cherkell said:

Book #133 is a compilation of photos taken during the filming of "Melting Me Softly." 

As I have said before, since I am possibly only 1 out of 10 people on the planet who LOVED Melting Me Softly, then this is an important purchase for me.   Thanks for making this clear.  

• Like 3