[Drama 2015] My Love Eun-dong 사랑하는 은동아

wolanah

@meelis - hehe... I agree with you. A top star roaming around so freely is quite amazing. Hehe... I did find it cute the photo of EH in stealth mode. 

Because a part of me thinks that Dispatch and Sports Seouls (etc) often have the photos already but hold onto them before spilling the beans due to deals with the agency or whatever the case may be. So it may be the case that the drama version of these razzi's are just waiting for the right moment to pounce on EH. Maybe they call him a homewrecker! Not sure this will be part of the storyline since there is plenty of other things to explore that are more important.

I keep saying this like broken record but I keep getting reminded of Moon Sun. I felt there that YW, as she was getting her memories back in flashes, thought that she was just identifying too much with her instead of realizing that it actually was her. I think that will happen here with JE. There will be that element where because she spent that time ghost writing etc about ED that she (and people around her) will think that she's just reflecting back what she learned instead of believing and realizing that it's completely because JE is ED.

I don't think it's shocking that EH can instantly recognize ED. From 13 to 23, maybe it's a stretch, but some people do look the same. From 23 to 33 (or is it 24 to 34) - that really should be no problem at all. People don't change that much, just look a little older. 

I can't stop thinking about this drama. I love how nicely integrated the story is and the fact that EH is a top star isn't even that big of deal. Sometimes I forget that he is a top star. LOL It's not jarring in the least. I did look forward to this drama (before it aired) solely cause JJM was in it. But I'm glad I stayed because the storyline (although nothing new) has been really captivating. Kudos to our OTP actors for doing such an amazing job portraying the characters.

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@seungshinl ----The highest "Top Compliment" to you for that fantastic REPLY documenting the entire bus trip!  Have you accepted a part-time position at the CIA or similar agency?   Thank you!   B)

oh @mdj101 a post like that reminds me I'm in too deep !

@seungshinl, Wow, what an impressive detective work! If any of you think Hyun Soo and Eun Dong went all the way to Namhae to hold hands and eats tteokbbokki, I can't help you.  LMAOOOOOO. Indeed! It's pretty clear that Ra-il is EH/ED's son. I'll give on that to Baek Min-kyung and Lee Tae-gon, it seems like I'll look on details even more.

There is also like it was mentioned in this thread, RI's way of sleeping or in the picture Eunho was looking at on his phone, he had the same style. 

[photo deleted]

So what's the story with the JEH's cell phone photo of Eun Dong's son.  How did it get there?  One minute JEH's showing JED his cellphone of her contact name 'pretty writer' with no photo and the next minutes we see the picture of Eun Dong's son without anything step in between.  Hope we will get that story.

Throughout the show, ED has many moments of "awakening" ... how do the song was played during their first kiss, or the goat milk, or seeing herself in the language class photos... But why doesn't she connect the dots? It's like every time is the first time it happened.

I was thinking about this as well! Especially in the restaurant scene where they meet, she didn't seem to know. But she must surely know by now right?

@alleverything. I hope it's "repression" too because it gets me frustrated when she doesn't pick up on the clue. Looks like she's going to dig in episode 7 though. Preview shows her going back to the university to check her records.

And fear I think.  When Jae Ho's Dr. (Eun Ho's sister) suggested to Eun Dong try to get her memory back because great memories from the past could help her get through the present hard time, Eun Dong responded she was scared to because she feels there is a 'wind storm' in the middle of that past memory.

And also, Jeong Eun/Eun Dong IS suffering from Retrograde Amnesia. And OMG, looking at some details of RA, applause and more to writernim who is so meticulous. Some highlights below:

How would we expect Eun Dong's spontaneous recovery from RA? In one fell swoop in the RAIN on Eun Ho's BACK? Or Eun Dong running in the rain and getting into another accident with a biker? 

I think a piggyback in the rain is most likely the trigger since 10s and 20s Eun Dong experienced it, and whereby 10s Eun Dong's experience was more remote from the time the accident occurred as compared to 20s Eun Dong's experience.

[photo deleted]

I hope not a piggyback between 37 year old JEH and 33 year JED, even if it's done by Joo Jin Mo and Kim Sa Rang.  Speaking as a Korean born living abroad for too long, I can never see the romantic side of piggybacking no matter how many times I see it in K-Drama !  

Aigoo...you're so 'bad' chingu. For the past several hours, my mind has been trying to imagine JJM with KSR on his back ^_______^.

So much so that I'm getting 'weird stares' from others. LOL. My conclusion? I must have been bitten and brainwashed by this k-cliche bug for so long. I started out not appreciating the piggyback scenes, but have ashamedly grown to accept it (or like?) after having seen it so often.  But, try as I may, I can't picture a JJM with a KSR on his back till I see it! LOL. Prob not happening...for one, even though JJM is as macho and well-built as a man can be, I think KSR is such a delicate and elegant beauty, that's just not her style? 

Aish...mollayo. Beggars can't be choosers(moi). I'll take what I'll get :huh:

Hidden Content

I hope not a piggyback between 37 year old JEH and 33 year JED, even if it's done by Joo Jin Mo and Kim Sa Rang.  Speaking as a Korean born living abroad for too long, I can never see the romantic side of piggybacking no matter how many times I see it in K-Drama !  

Aigoo...you're so 'bad' chingu. For the past several hours, my mind has been trying to imagine JJM with KSR on his back ^_______^.

So much so that I'm getting 'weird stares' from others. LOL. My conclusion? I must have been bitten and brainwashed by this k-cliche bug for so long. I started out not appreciating the piggyback scenes, but have ashamedly grown to accept it (or like?) after having seen it so often.  But, try as I may, I can't picture a JJM with a KSR on his back till I see it! LOL. Prob not happening...for one, even though JJM is as macho and well-built as a man can be, I think KSR is such a delicate and elegant beauty, that's just not her style? 

Aish...mollayo. Beggars can't be choosers(moi). I'll take what I'll get :huh:

hear hear 

they must come with the most romantic new novel skinship scene they will be immortalized by.......

I like piggybacks - and think they are cute, but even I can do without the piggyback here for our OTP. 

Here's where my thoughts went since for some reason, I was watching the EH interview just like ED watched it from her home. It's hard to take ones eyes off the screen. EH just looks so dang fine in that scene - liked the clothes, the hair, the style, the whole package. Anyways, that got me thinking... is this another one of those dramas in which EH has been faithful to ED for 10 years?! I gotta imagine that that feat alone, for a top star who is another pretty woman all the time, has to be really difficult. We know ED hasn't had a choice so the outcome is the same for her. Just for that - after divorcing the schemer, I hope she does marry EH and they can end the 10+ yr draught! I will the drunken piggyback for this. It can't only be 20s ED-HS who get the oolahlah. I hope his waiting actually amounts to something good.

I'd like them to start going in the direction of EH meeting her son somewhere. But I guess that is kinda hard cause the kid is already 10. I guess if the top star volunteered for some sports or something. It's not the same as meeting a 5 year old. I feel like I have watch a lot of secret child dramas lately! I always like to come up with new ideas on how to handle the situation. Boy does this drama throw on the obstacles - having a disability thrown into the mix, certainly mucks up everything. 

Guest adikkeluangman

GOT7′s Jr. Opens Up About His Ambitions and Acting With Singles Magazine

GOT7′s Jr. recently participated in a photo shoot and interview for the July issue of Singles magazine. In the photos, the singer/actor shows off his street fashion while riding a skateboard in front of graffiti-covered areas.

He is quite busy working back and forth in Korea and Japan while also preparing for GOT7′s new album which is set to release in early July. Jr. comments, “I want to be so busy that I don’t even have time to breathe. Even if I later say, ‘Why did I say those words?’ and regret it; it’s okay. People who are not busy are very envious of those who are busy.”

GOT7-Jr..jpg

The budding actor recently starred in JTBC’s Friday-Saturday drama “My Love Eundong” as the youngest version of the male lead character. He opens up about his thoughts on acting and shares, “I used to think since I have an opportunity I want to try, but now I think I have to work hard and do well. I worried a lot about not being able to do well and I studied my script hundreds of times. I had to start the drama well from the first episode.”

His humbleness is apparent as he reveals, “I can dance, sing, and act. However, I am not exceptionally better than others so I worry.”

You can see more of his photo shoot and interview in the July edition of Singles as well as the magazine’s official homepage.

GOT7-Jr.-2.jpg

GOT7-Jr.-3.jpg

http://www.soompi.com/2015/06/17/got7s-jr-opens-up-about-his-ambitions-and-acting-with-singles-magazine

I've  commented earlier that this Writer seems to  enjoy teasing us along, playing "cat and mouse" with us as she release tidbits of information about the characters.  Although it took some time here, our writers and readers appear to have dived in head first catching and tossing around all the attractive little "toy-like clues" she has strewn and playfully scattered along the drama's pathway.  SOMETIMES, we pounce on those clues and toss them back and forth in a group!

What I especially like about this drama is how accessible the Writer has made these clues for us.  Her main stipulation is only that you should have lived in those Eras --- around 1995, 2005, 2015 .   Recognize the songs, the movies, life styles, popular books, etc.  and so on are enough.      Being as aware of the popular culture, history, and  events of those times will be the way to understand the drama's two Fated Lovers.  Just be a human being.   An easy enough requirement  we might say, right?   Ah, but consider how the slightly different filters we each will use to perceive and to understand  the actions of "other human beings".   No longer such a simple task, I believe.  What do you think?

@mdj101 

Love your insight! So well-expressed, I couldn't agree more :P And among us, the (local? and) international bunch, there are indeed many visions and many filters, all coming from different corners of the world, from different backgrounds and different walks of life. That's the #1 pull factor of this forum (for me). But yet, we all seem to agree on the main premise - this drama, this prodn team, this cast esp the 3 pairs of OTP (in particular JJM/KSR), this writernim...they rock!

I can't wait to be further teased by writernim, PDnim and Eun Ho/Eun Dong OTP who gets 'hotter by the ep'! ;)

I went back and watched the webisodes--there are actually 5 that I found. Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5)

Unfortunately, this little exercise didn't solve any questions as to the status of ED's mom--in fact it's murkier. In the first webisode (credit as displayed on screencap), the Grandmother says ED's mom has passed away!

mle-we1_zpsoswkvqqz.jpg

Contrast that with this screencap from Episode 1 (credit. Viki) :

mle-we1viki_zpsxnyal3sd.jpg

Is this a translation problem or something else? 

In the second webisode, ED says she wants to be an actress to find her mom, which is in agreement with the full episode version, so that's a match.

@seungshinl, Wow, what an impressive detective work! If any of you think Hyun Soo and Eun Dong went all the way to Namhae to hold hands and eats tteokbbokki, I can't help you.  LMAOOOOOO. Indeed! It's pretty clear that Ra-il is EH/ED's son. I'll give on that to Baek Min-kyung and Lee Tae-gon, it seems like I'll look on details even more.

There is also like it was mentioned in this thread, RI's way of sleeping or in the picture Eunho was looking at on his phone, he had the same style. 

[photo deleted]

So what's the story with the JEH's cell phone photo of Eun Dong's son.  How did it get there?  One minute JEH's showing JED his cellphone of her contact name 'pretty writer' with no photo and the next minutes we see the picture of Eun Dong's son without anything step in between.  Hope we will get that story.

EH is using a Korean social software ( I forget the name lol ). 

People always use their cellphone number as the account. So he can check JE's account and discovered her profile photo was this little boy.

I went back and watched the webisodes--there are actually 5 that I found. Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5)

Unfortunately, this little exercise didn't solve any questions as to the status of ED's mom--in fact it's murkier. In the first webisode (credit as displayed on screencap), the Grandmother says ED's mom has passed away!

[photo deleted]

Contrast that with this screencap from Episode 1 (credit. Viki) :

[photo deleted]

Is this a translation problem or something else? 

In the second webisode, ED says she wants to be an actress to find her mom, which is in agreement with the full episode version, so that's a match.

I am watching the webisode too and I must say the English translation I saw for EP 1 was absolutely atrocious (forgive me if s/he is seeing this post).  In fact I'm watching videos with viet sub, only because it's the only set that has the whole series.  I don't understand Vietnamese so I'm watching it in Korean basically.

For the translation about the mother, as you know the granny is telling Eun Dong she should at least ask for cost of treatment from the bike accident injury.  Eun Dong says she won't ask and asks the granny not to also.  To that granny says, literally, 'who do you take after for your nice-ness' 'it can't be from your mother since she's the worst  'low life' under the sky'.  The word she uses here for 'low life' is a description of someone who mixes up with all kinds of ways - people doing all kinds of bad things living a bad life.  That's the best way for me to describe how the granny described Eun Dong's mother.  

Korean language is interesting in that the speaker can actually make up a whole new word in a conversation by stringing together different descriptive words, whereas the English language uses words that already have proscribed meaning to them (generally speaking).  Most Korean words are like that too it's just that the language has the flexibility for speakers to make up a new word as they speak.  A parallel example I can think of are names Korean people are given.  A girl could be named 'crystal water' as a name but one could just as well create a swear word that might say 'sewer water' and use the word to describe someone who is not likeable.  

So that's the kind of a term the granny used to describe her daughter.  Not 'sewer water' but something like the girl 'who mixes up with all kinds of people involved in all kinds of dispicable ways' and she said that by saying she is a 'jab-nyon.'

Phew, that was a bit long winded.......

@seungshinl, you mentioned the way he say fiancee when the reporter ask if Eun Dong was his first love ...i really like that part because ..he said  ... fiancee ..more to me like a future ..where he have been waiting for his wife .and not just first love which is in the past ..~~ a thought like that crossed my mind at that scene .. which make me grinned quite silly at his respond .  

Very nicely put... I like that

To me when he said 'she's my fiancee' it had as much and similar impact on me as when he said in EP 6  'he will have to steal her'.  He said 'I will just take her back.'  These were really quite the statements.  So bold and full of confidence.  Something I have not seen in a character before in drama or any fiction.

I don't mean it in controlling or ownership sense here but when someone like him (for anyone but one with such high public profile) says in front of the national media 'she is my fiancee' he's saying 'I'm taken' as much as 'she is taken.' He's saying we are a couple, committed to each other.  I'm married to her and she is married to me.  I'm not available and neither is she. I just found that so moving.

I think this is one of the reasons why he never flinched when he learned she is currently 'married' to someone else. That fact is pretty much irrelevant to him because as far as he is concerned he and Eun Dong met and married long before any interloper (aka her current 'husband') came into her life/their life.  It's just a 'minor' misunderstanding he will need to sort out. He has a 'better and prior claim over her (her love and their married life) than anyone who came after.  And I feel this will be a story line for the drama.  It kinda needs to.  And Ra il as their child only cements this 'prior' claim.  

@seungshinl--Thank you for the clarification. I had a feeling the Webisode subs were, uh, lacking somehow. But at least we can assume for now that ED's Mom is alive and out there, somewhere. Wonder how writer-nim will tackle that detail?

I noticed a few minor details in the webisodes, but nothing like the 8 second "bed" scene in Webisode 4. Yes, I counted the seconds! 

I know I shouldn't be asking this, but it is being live-streamed Friday on JTBC, right?  I can set the alarm extra early and watch before work. :rolleyes:

@seungshinl--Thank you for the clarification. I had a feeling the Webisode subs were, uh, lacking somehow. But at least we can assume for now that ED's Mom is alive and out there, somewhere. Wonder how writer-nim will tackle that detail?

I noticed a few minor details in the webisodes, but nothing like the 8 second "bed" scene in Webisode 4. Yes, I counted the seconds! 

I know I shouldn't be asking this, but it is being live-streamed Friday on JTBC, right?  I can set the alarm extra early and watch before work. :rolleyes:

It's on live here http://jtbc.joins.com  You need to click on 'On Air'

It's on at 5:40 am MST.  I'm telling myself I can't get up that early since I have to cut down on my sleep and I have a long day of work on Friday but I don't think I can promise that I will not.   Geesh.

OMG.... Just read page 127 again, having been carried back to pp 60s and 80s by a reference made by someone here, learned some new ways to look at events  in episodes 1 thru 3, and found parts of p127 so funny!  The way we search high and low to find out  "did they or didn't they", "who is the real father?", "need DNA?" ----- WOW.!

LAW & ORDER :  SVU --- Soompi Forum Branch. ( SVU =  Special Victims Unit , to deal with criminal sex offenders). A popular USA  "police procedural TV show. We should be issued our Badges and any other official ID papers and clearance necessary.   I'll volunteer to be Olivia or we can all take a turn!  We're Good!     :P    Edit:...Truthfully, we're getting so good it's scary!

We will catch the bad guys and "book 'em".   Can we get a well-connected Attorney from HITTG to indict and convict them?

2:00 AM --- Oh, My!     :o      Good Night, Everybody. See you tomorrow........zzzzz.      

Archived