[Drama 2015] My Love Eun-dong 사랑하는 은동아

wolanah

@thunderman1 On my side of the world... it's still Thursday...:tears:

There's so many things unsolved, that I don't know how the writer is going to untangle all this in just 8 more episodes without feeling rushed... There's ED's side of her story, in particular her 20s, the more I repeat episode 2, the more "strange" she looks; like she's hiding something more from HS, not only her boyfriend... Sorry to repeat myself, but it's very distracting to see her contacts constantly changing, even within the same scene...

10 more episodes not 8 my dear.  Don't cut us short !  We need every bit of it.

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@thunderman1 On my side of the world... it's still Thursday...:tears:

There's so many things unsolved, that I don't know how the writer is going to untangle all this in just 8 more episodes without feeling rushed... There's ED's side of her story, in particular her 20s, the more I repeat episode 2, the more "strange" she looks; like she's hiding something more from HS, not only her boyfriend... Sorry to repeat myself, but it's very distracting to see her contacts constantly changing, even within the same scene...

We're on the same side. My clock is off by an hour due to a power outage near my house and I never got around to fixing it until now! I took a sick leave because I had to marathon a drama.. sigh. The drama life took over. I'm back to work on Monday though.

Joo Jin Mo and Kim Sa Rang interview for ELLE Korea 

Talking about their insights of My Love Eun Dong

http://www.elle.co.kr/article/view.asp?MenuCode=en010302&intSno=13151

7fE7PKh.png

Cr. ELLE Korea

I translated this article not because anyone asked me to but because I liked what Kim Sa Rang and Ju Jin Mo had to say. These two are both unmarried, after reading this I think they should get together and marry each other in real life.  If you are a fan of Ju Jin Mo, what he has to say will fire you up even more.

Be warned, it is quite long.  Korean words alway doubles and triples when translated into English.  After the introduction, the interview begins with Kim Sa Rang and ends with Ju Jin Mo.  Enjoy !

Joo Jin Mo and Kim Sa Rang, It’s a good thing it is ‘Eun Dong’

Kim Sa Rang’s name is ‘Love (sarang)’ and Joo Jin Mo routinely acts as a man who puts his life on the line for love.  They are in JTBC Drama ‘My Love Eun Dong.’  It may become an unforgettable love story in their respective filmography.

‘My Love Eun Dong’ begins on May 29th on JTBC.  The title sounds traditional but both actors say they were attracted by the title first.  Normally serious Joo Jin Mo turns into an unusually light hearted, fresh and comfortable ‘oppa.’  Kim Sa Rang who is treated like a princess all the time turns into an independent second daughter who doesn’t want to show hardship outward.  It’s like meeting two actors who are yet to find the clearly defined roles that express their true personalities.  

Like Ji Eun Ho in search of his first love in the drama Joo Jin Mo feels he can understand Ji Eun Ho’s heart.  Kim Sa Rang also experienced a situation like ‘Eun Dong’ where people around her did not acknowledge her for what she is.  The chemistry between the actors and the characters are already at work.

Kim Sa Rang ‘ I am who I am ‘

It took a while but I am happy to return with a melodrama after a long time away.  I loved the script. It is not a common love story.  An analogue love story.  I enjoy watching romantic comedies and melo movies.  One of my favourite movies is ‘chom-mil-mil (Almost love story) [http://ontvkorea.com/?p=4413]

By coincidence we filmed a teaser to pay homage to the movie as a part of the promotion of this drama.  Joo Jin Mo-ssi and I re-enacted the famous ending scene of the move so I enjoyed it very much.  

I think I was in second grade.  I visited a boy’s home from my class and he handed me a note when I was leaving.  It said, ‘Sa Rang-a, your face is nice and pale and you look like Jang Man Ok.’  How did a grade school boy know of Jang Man Ok?  I didn’t know who she was at the time and when I saw how she looked later the little child in me was a little disappointed.  When I think of it now it really was an enormous compliment.

Eun Dong in ‘My Love Eun Dong’ is really an ‘unfortunate’ individual.  She loses her memory due to an accident and no one, not her adoptive parents nor her husband, in her life tells her the truth.  Now she is strong ajumma who would do anything to provide for her family.   She becomes a ghostwriter for the top star Ji Eun Ho and in listening to his story she slowly regains her memory. I think the PDnim wants me to show a strong but at times a plain ajumma.

It was hard for me to imagine a mother at first.  I have make up on now but on the set I do look quite plain.  I worry people will be too surprised.  I’ve really fixed myself up today.  Not being a parent I can’t say I can know all the feelings but I have an unni and a dongsaeng with kids.

You’ve had a long break since ‘Secret Garden’ how have you spent the time?

The time passed by so fast.  I’ve not done a big project but continuously filmed CF’s and participated in musicals.  I don’t think there was an idle time.  I’ve worked out a lot and also traveled.  Pretty much the same as usual.  I play well alone and enjoy learning new things.  I learned to play classical guitar and performed in concert hall with my teacher.  I taught myself to play for a possible film role and but it was so enjoyable I took up formal training.  The movie fell through but I have the guitar playing to enjoy (smile).

Would like to see you play the guitar.  Your image as an actor is a bit aloof.

People see me that way.  I did not intend it to be that way.  Probably because I got a favourable response playing a glamorous chic modern woman.  My most comfortable self is when I get up from a good long sleep, with nice weather, I go to the kitchen and get myself something to eat and sit down and feel sleepy again.  That makes me happy.  I don’t like going out and about much.  The weather is beautiful now so I enjoy going for walks and drinking coffee in a cafe.

I have to ask you how you keep your physical shape.

Before I used to basically not eat when I worked on a project.  After a while I got tired of dieting so now when I am hungry I eat a little.  Lately I’m into yogurt.  Plain yogurt with tons of blueberries.  It’s delicious and fills you up.  I feel like it’s a new world.

Your dream wasn’t Miss Korea or actress.  Did this turn of events change your life?

Of course.  I was a regular university student specializing in ‘gayagum (Korean traditional instrument).’  I entered Miss Korea pageant by chance and everything changed.  I am the same but everyone around me looked at me differently so it was very difficult.

You don’t seem the type to enjoy the ‘entertainment world’

No I am not.  I worry a lot about things no matter what I do.  I don’t have ‘kki (flirty out-going personality)’ either so it was very difficult.  I was transferred to another school in elementary school and I was so shy I could not go into the class and waited outside in the school field forever.  I don’t know how I ended up doing what I do now…  It’s been so difficult with Eun Dong I’ve been grumbling..(smiles).

Is being Eun Dong difficult?

To be honest I’m filming after a long break and I am on a ‘discouraged mode.’  I am disappointed with myself a lot.  I worry about how to express being in the state of ‘memory loss’ in different scenes.  We received the script for first 10 episodes and I spent just yesterday reading the script from the beginning to the end with total focus.

Your expectation from this project is…

(after a long pause) I hope the project shows some of the fruits of my worries and fretting.  I don’t mean I want to be recognized for working hard but that my acting touches people’s hearts and they feel the emotion. That would be good.

Do you believe in ‘fated love?’

Of course.  I told someone I liked him first.  Once I did, I realized it is better for woman to conceal her feelings a bit and play coy a little (smile).

Any thoughts of marriage?

I am not in a hurry to get married.  Lots of unni’s in my life are unmarried and have lots of fun perfectly able to take care of themselves.  But when I look at my friends who are married there is a sense of ‘safety.’ I am envious of how they rely on their husbands as a ‘protective shield’   I wouldn’t marry for ‘protective shield, but when things do get tough I feel it would be nice to have someone to rely on. May be that’s why women do marry. To think someone as independent minded as I am even think of this once in a while.

Are you an independent woman?

Probably because I grew up being the second child?  Ever since I was little I took care of most things myself.  I don’t rely on others. Not in a negative way.  I just like taking care of things myself.  

That sounds cool.

I am very cool in that way.  But I want to stop being so independent.  It’s been a long time since I dated (smile).

Ju Jin Mo ‘I want to put some color on the name Joo Jin Mo’

It’s been a long time since we see him dressed so dandy.  Perhaps it’s because his most recent project was ‘Empress Ki,’ he looks fresh.  

Is that So?  Do I look a little different (laughs)?

The reason for taking on ‘My Love Eun Dong’

Being in so many stereotypical roles people have a pre-determined perception about me.  I always feel like an actor with a wall.  When I received this script I felt this could be something different than my previous roles.  It is a familiar love story but I felt like I can let ‘my acting go.’  I like that I can show individuality in appearance as well.

Ji Eun Ho as a character

I was in a Kwak Kyung Taek PD movie ‘Love’ in which the lead was ‘all in’ for the woman he loved in the past, even willing to give his life.  Eun Ho is similar.  He is a top star who is unable to forget his first love and holds his pure love in his heart .  He acts properly on camera but treats staff ill.  I thought it would be fun to show the ferocious side of an actor’s life as well.  

Is it awkward for an actor to play a top star

It can be awkward to follow the script closely so I’d take some things out where necessary but I do try my best to express the role suitable for the circumstance.  Trusting the power of editing I am acting comfortably even throwing around swear words freely.  PDnim doesn’t restrain and lets me act naturally.

Is that your natural acting style

Not my acting style but my personality (laughs).  I think I will be able to show the bright and carefree side which is my own personality through this role.  It was mentally and physically difficult filming for Empress Ki last year.  It had something to do with it being a saguk but it was difficult being strapped into the pure and noble box throughout.  I wanted to peel that off of me.  

Great overseas response to Empress Ki

I’ve heard that not long ago.  I’m pretty slow in that regard.  I understand the show was #1 among all foreign dramas in Taiwan.  Ha Ji Won-ssi and (Ji) Chang Wook held their fan meetings already and it didn’t feel right for me to do something after the fact.  It is natural for entertainers to take advantage of popular projects but I am not skilled in that.  It was the same when ‘200 pound beauty’ became very popular. I didn’t shoot a lot of CF’s then either.  ‘I am an actor not an entertainer.’ I try to look at it positively.

Filmography since your debut 16 years ago

Many of my contemporaries have trademark projects they are strongly associated with. I don’t think I have one that represents me as of yet.  So I think of myself as an actor with lots of potential.  One thing I regret is getting older without being able to show all my potential.  Since I have a lot of experience I have the confidence to use it as a basis for more defined acting.

You are recognized for ‘Happy End’ and ‘Wanee and Junah’ and ‘Happy End’

I wasn’t working for such roles but because of my voice and the look I’ve been typecast into tough and manly roles.  I’m not into mysticism or looking for a mask but the projects and the mass media placed a mask on me.  People who know the real me says Ju Jin Mo is a real gag man.  The public does not know him well.  I really am a lot of fun.

What do you do when you are not on a project

Since I finished Empress Ki I’ve been doing sports constantly.  I started golfing again and once I went out a couple of time I got the taste for winning.  Until this fall I practically lived at the golf course.  I also like fishing.  I’ve been all over the country fishing.  I also play baseball with friends on weekends.

You are living an athlete’s life

That is true.  I live a sportsman’s life.  I guess it’s good to have interests in life but I’ve been so busy pursuing different interests I haven’t got married.

Is it because you are too busy working

Absolutely not.  Since the young age I’ve always dated with the goal of marrying always asking ‘if she is the one.’  But at the decisive moment things don’t seem to work out.

What are you like in love

I may sound like a fool but I get totally out of control.  I only look at her.  One time I was filming overseas and traveled for 14 hours by air and arrived at the hotel.  As soon as I unpacked I got a call from her asking me to come to her.  I cancelled all my schedule and bought a ticket to go back to Korea.  I rush back and I ask what’s wrong and she says ‘I just wanted to see you.’

Did you regret doing that

I did not regret but I don’t do that anymore (smile).  I have to be responsible for what happens afterward.  I am able to draw a reasonable line now.

You’ve experienced love so it should be easy to immerse yourself into Ji Eun Ho

Yes it is.  I feel like there is a lot of Eun Ho from ‘My Love Eun Dong’ that is like me.  People who are more ‘modernized’ might wonder how could an adult love someone they loved when they were little right up to when they are older.  How is that possible?  But I can understand it.  Eun Ho’s heart in the script, how he feels when he is searching for her or when he is thinking about her and the circumstances when all that emotion clashes with the reality, all of it.  I find it peculiarly interesting doing this role.  

You seem excited like a new actor

My feeling toward a project has changed a lot from before.  Even at the time of ‘Empress Ki’  I was concerned with the ratings.  But for ‘My Love Eun Dong’ if we can have mania viewers who can relate to these sentiment (sensitivities) I will think of it as a success.  My approach to Ji Eun Ho’s character is that it’s not about my acting or my image but even it falls apart, I want to unload everything onto him.  If I can communicate the truth of him, I am certain it will be a project remembered in someone’s heart for a long time.

Is it because you are in your 40s you can be more relaxed

Am I in the 40s?  For a long time I’ve left my ID behind at home.  I used to want to come across well in front of others and tried to get great lines added to the script but now I try to go with the flow.  Only thing urgent in my life is marriage (smiles).  I gained fame at a young age and I’ve lived a life of competition among my colleagues.  At some point things  changed.  I am at a point where my name ‘Ju Jin Mo’ is known by vast amount of people in Korea.  The only thing I wish for now is to add different colors to that name.

Putting on different colors sound good. But the staff waiting outside are giving me the looks.  I think I have to conclude the interview.

Who?  It’s ok.  Let’s talk some more.

Translation by @seungshinl at Soompi

Ohhh @lucy13880 ... I was looking at MLE baidu while waiting and saw CPnim's 7th journal entry! (been over a week)... I hope it wasn't that I've missed your tagging? Any idea if it has been translated by anyone? It's an interesting journal entry about Choi, the accident, their marriage, etc. If not yet, I'd do so after my meeting. Check back later.  As always, thanks for all the goodies...I gotta go now and catch up with the updates later though :D

Thank you my friend. I think that journal hasn't been translated yet. And the newest journal CPnim released yesterday talking about Joo Jin Mo is being translated now. Could you also translate it after it posted? Thank you Chingu :wub:

Cr  ELLE Korea

I translated this article not because anyone asked me to but because I liked what Kim Sa Rang and Ju Jin Mo had to say. These two are both unmarried, after reading this I think they should get together and marry each other in real life.  If you are a fan of Ju Jin Mo, what he has to say will fire you up even more.

Be warned, it is quite long.  Korean words alway doubles and triples when translated into English.  After the introduction, the interview begins with Kim Sa Rang and ends with Ju Jin Mo.  Enjoy !

Joo Jin Mo and Kim Sa Rang, It’s a good thing it is ‘Eun Dong’

Kim Sa Rang’s name is ‘Love (sarang)’ and Joo Jin Mo routinely acts as a man who puts his life on the line for love.  They are in JTBC Drama ‘My Love Eundon.’  It may become an unforgettable love story in their respective filmography.

‘My Love Eun Dong’ begins on May 29th on JTBC.  The title sounds traditional but both actors say they were attracted by the title first.  Normally serious Joo Jin Mo turns into an unusually light hearted, fresh and comfortable ‘oppa.’  Kim Sa Rang who is treated like a princess all the time turns into an independent second daughter who doesn’t want to show hardship outward.  It’s like meeting two actors who are yet to find the clearly defined roles that express their true personalities.  

Like Ji Eun Ho in search of his first love in the drama Joo Jin Mo feels he can understand Ji Eun Ho’s heart.  Kim Sa Rang also experienced a situation like ‘Eun Dong’ where people around her did not acknowledge her for what she is.  The chemistry between the actors and the characters are already at work.

So great! Thanks for the contribution!

Really love this couple! 

Cr  ELLE Korea

So great! Thanks for the contribution!

Really love this couple! 

Thank you for sourcing all the great stuff you post here.  I may not be able to translate them all (I only have 24 hours in a day like the rest of the world) but I certainly like looking at the possibility of each!

Ji Eun Ho and Ji Eun Dong fighting !!!!!!!

PS:  I am trying to go to bed early so I can get up for 5:40 am broadcast of EP 7

Coming from a Junior fan, a lot of us were devastated (dramatic, we know) that MLE is his first real drama and his partner is a 13-year-old kid. The age gap is too glaring to be overlooked but thank goodness the drama is a good project for him. Anyway, here's an insight on how he approached his scenes with Lee Jain. I think the director did a wonderful job drawing the emotion from him.

Once again, I would say I did think acting is a very difficult job. Rather than taking everything about acting into consideration, I just strived to get myself only focus on the genuine affections in Hyun Soo's heart as he is in love with Eun Dong. The character version of Eun Dong during my part is only 13, in fact the actress who played that role was also a 13-year-old girl. Therefore the director had advised me: "Don't you feel a 13-year-old kid is very lovely when you're looking at her? Just forget the thought of you coming here to act. Think that you're here to talk, to play with a lovely 13-year-old girl, that would be better." and that made my acting become easier. If you try to force yourself to become natural, at the same time you will be bounded to the consciousness about it and not be able to act naturally anymore. That's why it's the very moment I didn't think about anything at all that I could portray a natural image well. At first, I busied myself with the thought I have to "act" well, so without noticing I became so stiff. But as I got through it by keeping the feeling like when I talked to a 13-year-old girl, I could finally act in a truly natural way.

Translation by Synesthesia ‏(coded4d9dc @ twitter)

@seungshinl Thank you for the translation!

Jae Ho is probably pushing himself hard in physiotherapy to get better, I guess that is the answer he came up with to the question he asked ED in the preview of episode 7, if he can be a man to her, is to get healthy quickly to be able to hold on tightly to her for dear life while trying to seal his marriage to ED as she is a celibate according to the salon nonna which means she and JH have not had sex after the accident.

Now that JH has his episode and is hospitalized, JH is trying to trap ED as she would be expected to spend her free time with him and if she is not, she would be attacked by her MIL and adoptive father especially now she hasn't regained her memories and she is still feeling some guilt over her feelings for HS. 

@seungshinl 

Thank you for translating and sharing the lengthy ELLE interview.

The ELLE interview surely does make many of our hearts flutter for KSR and JJM, not just JED and JEH. Though fated to be in this MLE project as JED and JEH, the same can be said to be true of them in real life. IF one believes in fate and destiny. Personally, I'm in awe of this beautiful OTP. In looks, in age, in personality... almost everything that is known/seen, they do seem almost perfect for each other. Even the crucial time factor works well for them. They may not be a couple in love (yet). But I'm totally besotted by them :wub: 

PS: Btw, your translation has appeared in baidu, where I first saw it :)  I hope you will keep on whenever time permits :) It looks like you're the only one who's literate (not just!) in the korean language in this thread. 정말 감사합니다.

So... this book, My Love Eun Dong... will it be published? Kekeke.

Hehe...I hope so an english (or chinese) version of the book will be published. After the end of its broadcast, many of us (esp. moi) will need a fix for our withdrawals :crazy:

June 19, 2015   3:30 AM

@Teryn15.  

Your comment on page 131, about Eun Dong (the 20s one) and  whether or not she had found her Mother!

Of course, that would be one excellent explanation for her having  a ring given to her by her Mother.  And a gold ring with a (small?) diamond, as well. Oh. how this Writer likes to keep us guessing!  If Eun Ho judged her correctly 10 years back, ED "can not tell a lie", then the ring did  really belong to her Mother.  But exactly WHEN did Eun Dong take possession of it?  

Remember, some here have observed that she is NOT your typical "Candy" type of heroine? She is not passive, waiting to be rescued, etc.  She takes the initiative to make the changes she needs/wants. For example, "somewhere" (?) I saw a picture of Eun Dong holding a Certificate  of Completion of a Food Presentation (?) Course!  

And she has even said , unwittingly reporting her own belief from 10 years ago,  that HE didn't always see things as they actually were. That is, HE didn't really understand what SHE was thinking at that time.   (Sounds very confusing, I know!) 

All of this just to say that  "20s"  Eun Dong  MAY have been wearing a ring that once belonged to her Mother. Did her Granny pass it to her (via the Priest or Nuns). Did they ever need to sell it, but Granny resisted that urge and got by somehow?    Eun Ho has the ring and I think there will be something engraved inside  it.  Her Father was that sort of guy!    Is there a remote chance that DNA might be found with a teeny bit of tissue caught beneath little diamond's setting in the ring?

I'm still curious how our "Not-a-Candy-type",  risk-taking,  20s Eun Dong might initiate a perfect plan to avoid marrying  Star Athlete Choi.  Seems she knew her man quite well, he who announced to the world that "Eun Dong is my fiancee", when asked at the book press conference,  "Is she your First Love?"    Her stepfather  would have been livid, but what could he do about it?  She was a "ruined woman" then.  And our 20s Eun Ho would insist on a wedding --- if he had to publicise "that day" on TV!   

Long answer, huh? But since I was already still awake this late, I've decided to watch the live onair &, raw Episode 7 and make crazy guesses what's they say and do.   :P  Why the heck not, I'm still wide awake.  I was checking out  @seungshinl's  itinerary for  the OTP's trip to Nahmae.  That took up a lot of my time, and 5 hrs of their time..  Nahmae is the "Treasure Island of Korea"..   The place is more spectacular than what I've seen online about Jeju Island.   Hope this link works --  I used blue ink! don't get your hopes up just yet. --- http://theholidaze.com/south-korea/namhae-island-the-unexplored-corner-of-south-korea/     Spectacular scenery!  Really hope I get that link working for you all. 

I liked that so much, that I then followed up on @seungshinl's link (p.129) to the BCJ Garden, site of that next OTP  "date filming" at night!. I'll try another link: --- http://www.gmeditour.or.kr/en/gmeditour-tour/the-botanical-garden-of-bcj/  .Not so much of the botanicals , no sight of the 1,000 year old Yew tree alley/path, "the only one in S. Korea".  I did love looking through all the traditional 200 to 350 year old transported and repositioned Hanok Villages available for your stay in Gyeonggi-do, "South Korea's most beautiful province, Gyeonggi-do". 

What really grabbed my attention, however, was the "GMeditour",  part of that link!   Love that part of it!     I could see clearly they were calling ME to the Capitol of Plastic Surgery, bacause the "models" were all white, foreign, and female@   Guess they heard about me -- just picked all those gorgeous young ladies so I wouldn't assume they thought I NEEDED the surgery. How polite and sensitive of them!  Even told me exactly which visa I will need:  a Medical Tour Visa C-3-3 in my case (less than 90 day recuperation period)  rather than the G-1-10 for longer stays due to more serious surgeries or medical treatment.  I think The Korea University Hospital sounds best for me.  What do you think?

Whaaat?    :o     Treatment as an in-patient at  a  Psychiatric Hospital nearer the DMZ ? oOR else, someplace near my home?     :lol:     What kind of choice is that?        Fortunately, I know how to take a joke!    Ha Ha Ha !       

OOPS !  Look at the time !    5:25 AM, Friday.    Gotta see if the link from page one works now:  "COME SEE ME HERE".   Hope those links I made work this time.

JTBC is onair now, but other stuff is playing. I see the Foreigner Show, may be a commercial --- lots of them, they group them all together, at least, and they're cute and/or funny, mostly.  I did not check, but I thought someone said MLE would be on at 5:30 AM.  Fri. or Sat. AM in the USA?   Oh well. I was up anyway. .

EDIT: --- Fri. & Sat. at 20:40 =  8:40 PM in S.Korea = 7:40 AM  here in Cinnaminson, NJ, USA. ? ...... :huh:   :(   ^_^

@seungshinl thanks a lot for translating the interview of JJM and KSR in ELLE.... i agree with you that someday the two will getting more each other....both of them are single.... hoping more translation you will do.... i know all of us here in this thread are appreciating a lot for your effort.... thank you soooooooo much.... nice translation and it very clear.... God bless ..... take care....:wub:  :) 

Archived