[Drama 2015] Answer Me 1988 응답하라 1988

czakhareina

10 hours ago, melissala said:

@beldaran  About the interview, DS said "unni" asked me to do it.  Some people (maybe correctly?) suggested the unni in question was not Bora, but the fanclub president from so long ago. Or it could be any older woman. Though Bora was there, so maybe she did ask.  I agree though, I don't think it really matters why they did the interview. 

That makes sense! I guess I just automatically assumed it was Bora. Thanks :)

EDIT: Wait... Bora mentions that the interview team promised not to ask for follow-up sessions. There's still a connection through Bora.... and I don't think she'd be handling communications with Taek's fanclub president. Lol, I don't think we'll ever know unless the screenwriter/staff ever mention it in an interview or bts.

• Replies 11.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, saguer said:

nope.. he is right handed.. I saw his clip signing autograph with his right hand. See his interview on youtube. 

Kim joo hyuk is ambidextrous. He uses his left to hold chopsticks, cup and other stuff. Uses his right to write. I observed his right/left-handedness since 2013 when he first appeared in 1n2ds. 

P/s: 1n2ds is awesome! Give it a try guys~ i've been a fan from season 1 until now. its the only variety show i continuosly follow :D

Not sure if it was already posted here (in that case I'm really sorry) but I've just found out someone started a petition to get an alternative ending or an epilogue scene here 

Delulu mode again x) but I wished the person doing the interview was Sung Siwon (since she's a pd/assistant pd) ..well...Bora is a prosecutor and Yoonjae is a judge maybe they know each other and Younjae helped his wifey getting an interview with Choi Taek ... Anyways it could have been a good fanservice for R97 fans *_*  *out*

29 minutes ago, Betsi Soma said:

Delulu mode again x) but I wished the person doing the interview was Sung Siwon (since she's a pd/assistant pd) ..well...Bora is a prosecutor and Yoonjae is a judge maybe they know each other and Younjae helped his wifey getting an interview with Choi Taek ... Anyways it could have been a good fanservice for R97 fans *_*  *out*

Who know, maybe bora also a judge, so they are sunbae hoobae =)

13 hours ago, beldaran said:

Taek and Deok Sun's "first date" at the movies should have been shown with full effect on how Taek waited for her and how he was around her until he fell asleep, etc. 

• Timeline notes 
    1979 - I think it was in second grade when Jung Hwan dreams of becoming a soccer player? (I could be misinterpreting the notebook.) Deok Sun takes up wrestling... *ahem* LOL
  •  
  • I agree with @princessman about RHY+GKP and kissing best friends, lol. 

Anyway, I'm continuing on with my random episode watch. It's hard letting go. I want to get to know these friends better. (DVDs, come to meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee...)

Cut for space.

Nice!  

Thanks!

I kind of like that we only got the one shot of them in the movie, because it embodies the urgency of Taek's desire to be with her.  We can extrapolate the effort. We know that Taek is often in a coma-like sleep after his Baduk competition depletes him.  He managed to find the theatre on his own, and got to go to the movie with her.  I don't remember him saying he wanted to 'watch' the movie, just that he wanted to go with her.  I doubt if he was interested in it so much as having private time with DS.

Also the red-coat movie date showed us all excitement and disruption of Taek being out in public.   

Well it might be difficult for non-professional to kiss their best friend like RHY+GKP. AND they might or might not be more than friend, but either way they are professionals. It's their jobs.  That's what they are trained to do. Kiss strangers, kiss friends, kiss acquaintances, kiss people they don't particular like. KIssing friends is awkward but you get over it and do your job.

When I hear speculations like this I also hear the echo of the under/other conversations that results from this. As the fans crow about the actors may be "more than friends" the actors romantic partners start speculating about what's happening at work. I hear actors not wanting to do love scenes because their partners get jealous.  And while i think that stupidity lies in their partners' insecurity but some of it is a result of the  nonsense speculations coming from fans online.

7 hours ago, katakwasabi said:

Kim joo hyuk is ambidextrous. He uses his left to hold chopsticks, cup and other stuff. Uses his right to write. I observed his right/left-handedness since 2013 when he first appeared in 1n2ds. 

P/s: 1n2ds is awesome! Give it a try guys~ i've been a fan from season 1 until now. its the only variety show i continuosly follow :D

There are some cultures (based on the stupid fact that left= sinister in Latin and the idiotic idea that Lucifer "sits at the left side of God") that forces stupid to use the right/ non-dominant hand in school.  Catholic schools were notorious for doing that. 

So he might be a natural leftie, but was trained in school to write with his right. 

@hushhhI agree with... everything. lol.

1 hour ago, hushhh said:

I kind of like that we only got the one shot of them in the movie, because it embodies the urgency of Taek's desire to be with her.  We can extrapolate the effort. We know that Taek is often in a coma-like sleep after his Baduk competition depletes him.  He managed to find the theatre on his own, and got to go to the movie with her.  I don't remember him saying he wanted to 'watch' the movie, just that he wanted to go with her.  I doubt if he was interested in so much as having private time with DS.

Also the red-coat movie date showed us all excitement and disruption of Taek being out in public.

Yes :) They said and showed little, but they pretty much told us how that went. There really was no conflict to be borne out of it, so the writers didn't invest time in it... because there were so many other stories of 'conflict' or 'difficulties'. This one would have been fun to see in a romcom, but that's not what AM1988 was or is. 

1 hour ago, hushhh said:

Well it might be difficult for non-professional to kiss their best friend like RHY+GKP. AND they might or might not be more than friend, but either way they are professionals. It's their jobs.  That's what they are trained to do. Kiss strangers, kiss friends, kiss acquaintances, kiss people they don't particular like. KIssing friends is awkward but you get over it and do your job.

When I hear speculations like this I also hear the echo of the under/other conversations that results from this. As the fans crow about the actors may be "more than friends" the actors romantic partners start speculating about what's happening at work. I hear actors not wanting to do love scenes because their partners get jealous.  And while i think that stupidity lies in their partners' insecurity but some of it is a result of the  nonsense speculations coming from fans online.

I agree as well. I agreed with @princessman regarding the fact that I wouldn't be able to kiss my best friend, lol. And, yes, that's what makes them pros. I don't hold any illusions or delusions that my drama OTPs would ever date in real life... (It was a nice surprise that Han Ji Hye and Lee Dong Geun did after Sweet 18, but that was probably the one Korean celebrity couple breakup that broke my heart.) Romances should start away from their projects anyway. (I liked that  Yoo In Na considered whether her chemistry with Ji Hyun Woo was just a carry over from QIHM or if it was for real first before making a decision.)

I love that Ryu Hye Young and Go Kyung Pyo have been pretty much best friends for six years. Celebrity friendships aren't rare, but it's fun when they get to work together... and, for me, it's cute to find out that they've been friends for way longer than the strangers I thought they were going into a project. (For me, it's like going to an event, inviting a bunch of people you know, and realizing that two people you didn't think knew each other have actually been friends for longer than they've even known you. Actually, two of my closest friends that I made separately turned out to have been really close about 10 years before I met them.... so... yes.)

Sorry for detracting. TL;DR: I agree. :)

Hi everyone...

Just want to tell you guys that i really2 enjoyed reading all the comments. I've been depressed with the ending of R88 and also the ending of my 6-year long of one sided love with my bestfriend. I feel what junghwan felt, the only difference was i managed to confessed to him. He rejected me almost immediately and said that he only sees me as bestfriend. We are awkward after that. 

When i saw episode 18 where junghwan confessed, i cried my heart out, when he said it was a joke. Ryu jun yeol is really a good actor. I felt all the emotions and i symphatised with him. I hope he will continue growing as an actor. He got a huge fan here...

Lastly, R88 is so close to my heart and i will not forget all the emotions that i've been though while watching this drama. And sorry for the long post, i hope i can see all of you again in the next installment of Reply series. 

6 hours ago, katakwasabi said:

Thank you for the info. There goes my stupid theory..lols. Glad they picked him, so nobody can use that left/right hand argument. 

3 hours ago, hushhh said:

Sorry to cut your post..but I kind of like how TK was wearing all black and DS all red...showing his vampireish thirst like blood for DS? LOL sorry for the blood gore reference,or if anyone finds it too graphic =S.

I think it is interesting how Taek and his pill (dependency?) is a constant unacknowledge danger sub-plot that run through the drama.  

I know the pills were acknowledge (people were always telling him to take less) but the threat that they represented was never brought to the forefront.  I'm not suggesting it needed to me.  I'm just acknowledging the potential for it becoming a huge problem was always niggling at me.

Hi guys, long time no see. How are you? I've drowning at my work lately but the constant e-mail from Soompi distracted me. 

I was reading so many posts from everyone who kind of still questioning why uri JH is not the husband. I just want to put my thoughts here:

1. Who is who husband's was already written before the actual drama is actually filming. Fact: SW-BR couple already knew their part and love story before hand. To write a drama such a complicated as this, it is impossible to write it on going (if you think I'm bs-ing, you should try writting yourself). The writer must have completed at least 75% of her work even before it filmed. So to change who is who is going to throw her, and the crew, out of her mind. Why the future husband act like uri JH? It is to mislead us. Please please try not to bash the writer in the comment. I bet we will all watching the next Reply with the same attitude again even though we know we are going to be torchered.

2. I don't know RJY is the lead actor. At first, when I read and saw the posters and articles about this drama before it even filmed, I thought PBG is the lead actor. 

3. To me, who is DS husband is like pronouncing tomato. Whatever you like best. Since DS character love TK best (even before the first kiss happen), it's TK. Since I love JH best, I want JH to my hubby, hehehe. Beside, I got to admit they are a cute couple. I always like PBG acting, to me he nailed 'I'm so in love with you eventhough I'm so exhausted' act. To me it's Hyeri's part that wasn't convincing enough. 

4. Abouth the sleeping after the second kiss part: I hope they do. TK deserved it after 6 long waiting years and all that bunch blind datings but still couldn't find a girl like DS to date. I wish they given us clue about it though. Half naked PBG with a blanket will do. 

5. To be fair let's just say: let Taeki get Deokseon and let RJY gets Hyeri. Are we ok with this? I know I am. How about we give a proposal to WGM to pair this cute couple? 

And i havent watch the final episode! Yesterday, i put on my brave n courage to watch episode 19 with my goodfren. A lot of interaction of DS n Taek in them. Even my friend said, she knew it, Taek is the hubby since the early episode bcoz the hubby smokes! Hmm.. Maybe i miss that part or blindly putting my faith on JH. The reason i follow the 1988 was Park Bo Gum but who knows i end up hoping for DS - JH? Taek never have eyes to other girl other than DS. The way he kiss DS (both scene), u can see he determination to do it straightaway! DS was comfortable with Taek n just goes along with it. I can see Taek who loves DS more. JH is a kind soul towards his family n friends. His future is so much brighter than others (not in money sense way). And i still dont know the point of the interview.:P

This weekend is my off week. I'll put my bravery to watch the final! 

41 minutes ago, jeijei said:

The boys are currently in Africaaaa!  Na PD is such a genius. 

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! My eyes are tearing up as I try to contain my shriek inside.... I'm at work. hahaha.

They add, “Park Bo Gum has no idea what’s going on.”

Wait... did Na PD only approach 3 out of 4 of the boys? Does Park Bo Gum know that Na PD is involved? Everybody should know that pain and suffering for the viewers' pleasure is in store when that man is in the picture. (I love Na PD XD )

And why no Lee Dong Hwi? XD;

4 hours ago, solelylurking said:

Hi guys, long time no see. How are you? I've drowning at my work lately but the constant e-mail from Soompi distracted me. 

3. To me, who is DS husband is like pronouncing tomato. Whatever you like best. Since DS character love TK best (even before the first kiss happen), it's TK.  I always like PBG acting, to me he nailed 'I'm so in love with you eventhough I'm so exhausted' act. To me it's Hyeri's part that wasn't convincing enough. 

4. Abouth the sleeping after the second kiss part: I hope they do. TK deserved it after 6 long waiting years and all that bunch blind datings but still couldn't find a girl like DS to date. I wish they given us clue about it though. Half naked PBG with a blanket will do. 

Cut for focus.

-I agree with you on the information I keep in #3.

-I don't know if the creative team left clue or I just extrapolated and came up with that assumption, but to me, Taek being in his bed (not on the sofa) after he insisted that he couldn't sleep in the bed and let DS have the sofa suggests that he didn't sleep on the sofa for any time that night.

Folks might suggest that he got into bed after DS got out of bed. Maybe???? But why I am most convinced that they spent the night together (beyond DS joyful satisfaction)  was the fact that medicine set up which had been in the living room was moved to the bedroom. If Taek has taken his pills in the living room that night there would be no reason to move it into the bedroom to finish sleeping because he wouldn't have needed another dose.  

The more reasonable explanation, to my mind, is that they took the medicine into the bedroom together expecting that Taek would take it. They sent time in bed together, DS returned to her room not to create a scandal, especially having the media broadcast the rumor before their parents being told would be awful. After she left Taek was able to sleep without the help of pills. 

That is one of the reason why I think the camera lingered on the medicine set-up. If that wasn't the implication they could have kept the medicine in the living room and lingered on it there.  I think the other reason is to indicate that with DS by his side Taek doesn't need pills.

Of course they could have just stayed up all night sharing flashback then once the concierge was back DS went home. So much less interesting.

Archived