[Drama 2016] Descendants of the Sun 태양의 후예

alleverything

Hey guys :)

I've been MIA ever since last Thursday cause of exams and came back cause I missed this thread and look we finally did reach 1000 pages even though the drama finished :)

Brb gonna go watch the special episode now 

38 minutes ago, Mayiya said:

Ratings, 20/4/2016

1. Descendants of The Sun 17.7%
  2. Goodbye Mr Black 8.1%
  3. Entertainer 6.2%

Source: http://osen.mt.co.kr/article/G1110398789

LOL even our special episode is killing the rating :D 

• Like 13

160420 #DescendantsOfTheSunCaptain.png Special Ep 1 achieved the highest viewership ratings, 17.7%, over other Wed-Thurs dramas

CghMEVeUsAA4GPn.jpg

-----------------

Descendants of the Sun Special Episode Dominates Wed Ratings with 17.7% and Entertainer Premieres with 6.1%

Posted on April 20, 2016 by ockoala

Spoiler

rosldk.jpg

I thought the Descendants of the Sun ratings gravy train was over for KBS but apparently not. The production team and network wisely elected not to extend DotS, not that it was realistically even possible anyways since it was fully pre-produced, but still that was a major relief for those watching along. That meant DotS aired it’s final episode 16 last week and I thought this week would premiere Master: God of Noodles opposite the new SBS offering Entertainer.

Instead KBS chose to air God of Noodles next week and this week will present two special episodes of DotS including interviews, behind-the-scenes tidbits, and potentially even unaired scenes. That turned out to be a savvy move by the network even if it feels like overly milking a cow – the ratings for Wednesday April 20th are out and the special episode of DotS garnered 17.7% AGB nationwide ratings, Goodbye Mr. Black on MBC doubled its last week ratings to reach 8.1%, and newcomer Entertainer brought up the rear with its first episode receiving 6.2% ratings.

rols.jpg

Spoiler

roolds.jpg

After watching and recapping the entirety of DotS, I’m not planning to check out the special episodes because I’ve gotten all the enjoyment I can get from this drama. Clearly the Korean domestic audience hasn’t, or maybe everyone thought it was two new episodes of DotS hence the insane ratings for what amounts to an hour worth of filler. I didn’t expect Entertainer to premiere to high ratings but can’t wait to watch the first episode and see if the quality is there to merit my early interest. At least Goodbye Mr. Black can end soon with a modicum of dignity after being mired in low low ratings since it premiered.

http://koalasplayground.com/2016/04/20/descendants-of-the-sun-special-episode-dominates-wed-ratings-with-17-7-and-entertainer-premieres-with-6-1/#more-74449

=======================================================================================

"Descendants of the Sun" breaks through 20%

2016/04/20

photo716625.jpg

KBS 2TV drama "Descendants of the Sun" made a display with its special broadcast.

According to Nielsen Korea, "Descendants of the Sun Special" rated 17.7%.

This was just a replay of the "Descendants of the Sun" highlights but it proved its popularity.

SBS "Entertainers" stopped at 6.2%. This is the lowest out of all three dramas. MBC "Goodbye, Mr. Black" came in second with 8.1%.

Source : www.tvreport.co.kr/?c...

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[HanCinema's Drama Review] "Descendants of the Sun" Special 1

2016/04/20 

photo716535.jpg

For those of you dearly missing the grand romance of "Descendants of the Sun", this special is for you. It recounts the key moments of Si-jin's and Mo-yeon's relationship from the moment they met until the moment they parted after the earthquake.

The special is nothing more than a recap, however, which is disappointing. I wanted some behind the scenes action, interviews, and other such insights. But that only comes with the third special that will air on April 22, 2016. For now, at least we can watch and relieve the romantic highs and lows with Song Joong-ki and Song Hye-kyo. Their love began with a chance meeting in the hospital over former troublemaker Gi-beom's antics; they began to date; they broke up; they met again in a foreign country where their troubles caught up with them. Their primary differences were over their passions and careers: peacemaker versus healer and the secrecy involved in Si-jin's line of work.

photo716534.jpg

HanCinema fans, did you enjoy the recap? What was your favorite romantic moment?

Written by: Raine from 'Raine's Dichotomy'

Hancinema

============================================================================================

• Like 24

This need to keep addressing dating rumours... hahaha... Haiz... sekali like PSH and LJS in Pinocchio - all that amounting to nothing? I dunno... didn't want to comment on this in the shipper's thread for fear of being yelled at, but if they say they're not and eventually they are found to be - wouldn't netizens get totally mad at them? And you know how knetz are... scary bunch. For my own dreamy state though, I'd like it if they were at least exploring a possibility of a relationship. Heh... though methinks both are probably very careful now. I feel bad for them.

ANYHOO!!!

Last night's recap was pure gold. They should just do a series of these professionally edited episodes:

1. KMY+YSJ love story

2. SDY+YMJ love story

3. SDY+YSJ bromance story

4. Alpha team 

5. HaeSung medical team

Right? Why stop only at #1? Keep it going yo! KEEP IT GOING!!!

• Like 16

Xports News - Naver: 'Descendants of the Sun' special, Song Song couple is heart fluttering even if you watch them again 

1. [+7,315, -200] My heart kept fluttering while watching it again

2. [+6,207, -152] Such a fun drama having to watch it again.. But I must let go of it now, so sad ㅠㅠ

3. [+5,585, -265] Thank goodness I watched this instead of 'Entertainer'

4. [+4,984, -127] Daebak... The best...

5. [+4,783, -131] DotS ㅠ What will I live for starting next week? ㅜㅜ

6. [+1,379, -40] The best couple, they're unforgettable. Song Song is love, this is true

7. [+1,364, -38] How come replaying DotS is way more fun than watching a brand new drama like Entertainer? ㅋㅋㅋ

8. [+1,342, -37] I thought they'd show bts or NG scenes but it was still fun!

9. [+1,281, -40] I bet the special episode will manage to pull in 25% in ratings. I was watching 'Entertainer' but had to switch to DotS, still fresh no matter how many times I re watch it

10. [+1,225, -23] I know the plot by heart but I was oddly so focused

ME: everyone misses DOTS :( I thought I'd watch the episode and do some paperwork at the same time but I failed because I got so into it. It was like I'd never watched the show before. 

How can I let go if it???!

• Like 21

I think because it was mentioned that the first 2-part special are highlights that they have "re-edited" may have caused some fans to hope for some new unseen scenes that were cut due to screen time during airing of the drama. Also, past special like "Pinocchio Christmas Special" included additional scenes as well as highlights so maybe that raised some expectation.

Hopefully, we get some wonderful BTS/making on April 22 with epilogue. Again, I'm sure they will need to save many footages for the Director's Cut DVD so yes, please anticipate that for the snuggle in the camping tent, why the hay maybe stuck on them, where the shipwreck kiss lead them to (ok maybe not that far lol) but what I anticipate most is the interactions of the actors/actresses offscreen, the funny NGs, the various close-up kisses without background noises, and the cut scenes....

Photo from songjoongkidaily

cr as labelled

12479070_990135817742980_1088333258_n.jp

cr as labelled via songhyekyozone

• Like 23

2 hours ago, gangurhar said:

tNMS Ratings for the Special Episode (shocking tbh)

Nationwide: 15.3% (5th)
Seoul: 16.6% (4th) 

That many people tuned into watch a DOTS 1-8 recap. 

The DOTS fever is still going strong :D 

I have mixed feelings about that ratings too (shock,happy,grateful & proud of it) ...although that's is a lot down from others past ratings but it's actually quite higher than our "rival's ratings" on that time slot..^_^

i will appreciate every moment of this special episodes cos this is our last DotS's week before we can say a real farewell..

IT'S NOT OVER UNTIL IT'S REALLY OVER :wink:

• Like 12

I think they released those actors who weregiven the chance to play YSJ is another way of saying what could've been DOTS if they were the ones who played. And maybe some form of "are they regretting not taking the role?" Lol

hmmmm got me thinking, SHK must've been the first and only choice. Please do correct me if I'm wrong. *grins*

• Like 9

12 minutes ago, lovemetruly said:

I think they released those actors who weregiven the chance to play YSJ is another way of saying what could've been DOTS if they were the ones who played. And maybe some form of "are they regretting not taking the role?" Lol

Yeah..i have this thought too..thank God cos SJK was THE ONE..can't imagine what will happen to this DotS's fandom if Si Jin wasn't played by our ONE & ONLY SONG JOONG KI

#fangirlingmodeon

#i'msoproudofmybias

:love::kiss_wink::blush:

• Like 7

2 minutes ago, lovemetruly said:

Yeah..i have this thought too..thank God cos SJK was THE ONE..can't imagine what will happen to this DotS's fandom if Si Jin wasn't played by our ONE & ONLY SONG JOONG KI

#girlingfanmodeon

#i'msoproudofmybias

• Like 5

SJK has that boyish yet manly charm that's why the role works for him. He doesn't make the character overbearing.. He could act serious and yet a jokester in one scene. His eyes come alive when he's playful with KMY or anyone in this drama. His eyes really speak. 

Won Bin is really good looking! If he was younger, I would say it works because he could play the boyish charming playboy style similar to Autumn in my Heart. But due to him being older now, SJK is going to be above him in the age and young look. 

I think SJK is actually tan. I dont know if they have to recolor him but he actually looks tan compared to SHK. It's the lighting that makes him lighter than he is. 

I don't know how the other actors will act in this role as everyone has different acting style. However, SJK has show us that the way he portrays YSJ has capture ladies heart. Those cheesy lines he makes them sounds romantic. 

His boyish look with his serious deep voice is one of the highlight as YSJ. 

Also, regarding they did it or not in DOTS. I would think the way they wrote the characters, seems like they did it. Cuz YSJ was craving and begging for it. I think i read it somewhere or someone told me that a if a guy got it once, they will crave for more. Lol! And he keeps saying how he was stuck with crew cut men for too long. Unless they just meant the innocent makeout and nothing further than that. So YSJ just want a kissing session? In my mind i dont think they did it, but the way it was portray, it makes it sounds like they did it because YSJ keeps begging and referencing it.

• Like 23

I don't remember having seen the scene in which both of YSJ and KMY wearing the black fireman outfit, you know, the picture in which YSJ is sitting. I can't insert the photo here, anyone can help please? I was really waiting for that scene, but I guess it was just like the balcony kiss.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Khôi Xuân Trúc Đinh said:

I don't remember having seen the scene in which both of YSJ and KMY wearing the black fireman outfit, you know, the picture in which YSJ is sitting. I can't insert the photo here, anyone can help please? I was really waiting for that scene, but I guess it was just like the balcony kiss.

photoshopped picture 

• Like 6

Some minor observation, but if you look at the photo of the HaeSung team with the soldiers in Urk, you can see very clearly from the way they stand that Kim MinSuk and Kim JiWon they have no military experience. You're supposed to stand with your feet in a V shape, not parallel to each other. heh.

• Like 15

1 hour ago, dlyfie87_at_gmail.com_stv said:

#girlingfanmodeon

#i'msoproudofmybias

Sorry to say but none of those actors could have played it better than Song JoongKi; SJK has his own charm that he keeps giving off every time he speaks and while having a conversation with KMY.  The movements of his head, his body, and the way he delivers his 'cheesy' lines, is just oozing with sex appeal.  He played a real cool character so well.  And I am glad it was Song HyeKyo - their quirkiness matched so well - their funny exchange of talks leaves no gaps - sometimes I ask myself if it was really in the script or they were both adlibbing.  I can only say 'good luck' to those who wants to do a remake of DOTS - because if they can't duplicate SJK as YSJ, then they will not succeed.

If there was one actor (along with the leading lady I had in mind) who I think would be as attractive as Song JoongKi would be Kim NamGil - with Son YeJin opposite him.

• Like 11

3 hours ago, gilaswan said:

This need to keep addressing dating rumours... hahaha... Haiz... sekali like PSH and LJS in Pinocchio - all that amounting to nothing? I dunno... didn't want to comment on this in the shipper's thread for fear of being yelled at, but if they say they're not and eventually they are found to be - wouldn't netizens get totally mad at them? And you know how knetz are... scary bunch. For my own dreamy state though, I'd like it if they were at least exploring a possibility of a relationship. Heh... though methinks both are probably very careful now. I feel bad for them.

nah more like knetz will partying 3 days zero night lol:glasses:

http://mblogthumb1.phinf.naver.net/20160419_148/yeowoo_byul2_1461037920462IKmL7_GIF/%B3%BB%B0%A1%B8%B8%B5%E7%B0%C5%C1%F8%C2%A5%BE%C6%B4%CF%BE%DF.gif?type=w2

if you read knetz comments about their rumor majority of them are supportive and positive. it seems they more relent with actor/actress compare with idols

btw, where is  Lee Chi Hoon (onew)? why he isn't in the pictures? too busy with blackie owner?

tumblr_o5vr5nRllo1utfw96o1_1280.jpg

tumblr_o5vr5nRllo1utfw96o3_1280.jpg

picture credit to owner

• Like 14