[Drama 2016] Descendants of the Sun 태양의 후예

alleverything

@phikyl I think the second rejection was at the beach in the shipwreck when his asking if she is still sexy in the operating room... the third is when before he left from Urk the confession vs apologise! And that is why he's said to the guy that he saves from the ruins he's been dumped 3 times that's before he confess his feelings (stitching the wounds on his back) correct me if I'm mistaken x

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, winterbubbletea said:

Ah...I don't really think the scene is lewd...I just find it appealing because the actions were more consistent and fluid. 

It's like watching butter melt on toast....

See, that's only me being byeontae, sorry guys... :sweatingbullets:

SJK is a real great kisser  :relaxed:  and here I am staring at them kissing for a whole 5 minutes before posting this

VnRD9Th.gif

• Like 9

@phikyl Though i started watching other dramas, the excitement i felt while watching dots, i am not getting it from other dramas. I remember all those days i used to eagerly wait for the next ep. Wed and Thursdays would be the best days of my life.

I dont think it will be possible in the near future for a drama to beat dots. I think only when i come across a drama that is as awesome as dots, i can finally move on.

Btw, i think i should visit refresh man thread sometime soon, probably after catching up with the remaining ep. 

@winterbubbletea yes i agree there are lot of hidden clues we may have missed during the first time. It doesn't help that as a non Korean we concentrate more on the subs and miss out some of their expressions or gestures. So rewatching certainly helps in understanding the drama more.

@kristy86 lol i dont want you to stop. Keep them coming. Your third gif is extremely cute. I really dig the relationship between YSJ and YMJ.

• Like 8

43 minutes ago, JackieOnTheRocks said:

I think the second rejection was at the beach in the shipwreck when his asking if she is still sexy in the operating room...

Ah ok! I just skimmed back through the scenes where they're at the shipwreck and I think you might be right! 

27 minutes ago, kokodus said:

Though i started watching other dramas, the excitement i felt while watching dots, i am not getting it from other dramas. I remember all those days i used to eagerly wait for the next ep. Wed and Thursdays would be the best days of my life.

I dont think it will be possible in the near future for a drama to beat dots. I think only when i come across a drama that is as awesome as dots, i can finally move on.

Btw, i think i should visit refresh man thread sometime soon, probably after catching up with the remaining ep. 

I'm not even expecting to have the same level of excitement for other dramas as I've had for DotS but I have -zero- interest at all in anything else. I had to be reminded last week to watch the latest Love at 17 episode so I could comment on it, and that's one of the dramas I've been obsessing over! :vicx:

I think it's going to be pretty hard for something to top DotS for me. It really hit all the right notes as far as how I picture a "perfect" drama. Of course there were a few things that could have been better but since I was in this for the romance, it was absolutely perfect. 

You should definitely catch up and do that. It's pretty much the same people discussing everything right now so it would be nice to have some fresh perspectives! Lol. 

guys, im seriously having problems moving on. Suddenly, i feel the need to google for info on dots, sjk and shk all the time. I have even started to watch dots a second time, and im like at chapter 7 now. The kids think their mum has gone cuckoo. Luckily the hubs is oblivious. Imagine, he would probably freak out.:crazy:

anyone can recommend an exciting enough kdrama to ease me away from dots? pm me pls. :)

• Like 9

4 hours ago, Hermie Garcia-Bitong said:

i thought the third one was at the shipwreck 

1 hour ago, JackieOnTheRocks said:

@phikyl I think the second rejection was at the beach in the shipwreck when his asking if she is still sexy in the operating room... the third is when before he left from Urk the confession vs apologise! And that is why he's said to the guy that he saves from the ruins he's been dumped 3 times that's before he confess his feelings (stitching the wounds on his back) correct me if I'm mistaken x

That might be true, but I find it ridiculous if he expected anything else but her to reject him 8 months after they met again when they really weren't on the best terms then. I don't think he did at all.   He was just trying find out how she's been, and she wasn't interested in even giving him that.  I'll still give him 2.   

Speaking of this, I'm glad the iciness between them didn't last any time.  Usually in these kinds of cases the people hate each other for half the drama, especially the guys since most kdrama guys can't handle a woman rejecting them.  

• Like 6

1. WHAT MAKES YOU WATCH DOTS?

> Song Joong Ki + Song Hye Kyo - LOL - i watch all Joongki drama n movie since frozen flower and Hye Kyo from endless love until winter wind blows

2. WHAT MAKES YOU TOTALLY LOVE IT AND GOT SO HOOKED? 

> The Story is "easy watching" go with the flow

> TDOTS character, YSJ and KMY is really refreshing> Work Hard Play Hard

> No LOVE TRIANGLE , No CHAEBOL, No in law conflict !!! ahahahah i don't really like a triangle love story, glad in DOTS we can see many loveline : Nurse Ha - Dr Song, MY-DY, MY-SJ

2 minutes ago, JackieOnTheRocks said:

was it good? :P

the story is so -  so :lol:nothing special for me ahahahha

• Like 9

Thanks everyone who replied! I was so curious what got everyone in. Hahaha. Believe it or not, my bf would not watch DOTS no matter how many times I kept telling him it's real good (bf watches kdrama too & is a fan of RM) and he only watches after being so curious about all the hype around it. (His MALE friends watch it & when he goes gym, people are like exercising and watching it).

So he watched. Admit it was good. Actually downloaded all the episodes. Watched all the interviews, BTS, specials etc. Yeah. See what DOTS do to even males. Oh, and 2 of my male cousins watched it too.

@phikyl I am glad you decide to press on back reading all those posts.  I assure you, that are many many references and different insights you will miss in the drama if it is not for this forum and everyone giving their own analysis. I love this forum to death. Lol! Monday is coming..we should like totally start a rewatch. And spazzing. Name it chingu!

@kokodus There you are!!! I just remember I haven't do your challenge yet! And I can't remember what u asked again. Dear me. What page was it? Can u kindly direct me? 

• Like 9

1.  What made you watch DoTS?  I love SHK and liked SJK before, but I didn't pay much attention to the lead up to the drama because I'm not a huge fan of KES.  I didn't live watch the first two episodes, but I read the recap on DB and I saw that SJ and MY liked each other the first episode, and went some dates, and then broke up in the 2nd!? I was surprised because dramas usually don't follow that pattern.  Also, SJ was a nice guy who didn't play games,  and MY was a strong woman, which I adore. I know she got some hate for it, but I actually really like that she dumped him when she did because it was so rational.  They barely knew each other, and you could see it wasn't going to work out at that time.  I also loved that he accepted it,  but his heartbreaking look when it happened seriously moved me.  From that moment I respected her choice to end it, but I so wanted them to work it out and be together. The OTP really hooked me from the very beginning. So basically, from the start I watched for Song Song lol. I also liked that there was no real love triangle as well. 

2.  What got me hooked?  Two things!  The two meeting again so soon, and their continued feelings for each other even after 8 months apart.  I also loved when he apologized after the bomb joke.  I thought that was pretty nice and rare in a kdrama full of jerka.ss male leads to see that lol.  The fast pace of the drama always appealed to me, so I'll go with the wine kiss in episode 4 as another moment.  A kiss so soon really surprised me in a good way.  Strangely what I really liked was the the fact that MY didn't kiss him back, and that he stopped kissing her when she didn't and didn't push, and they actually acted mostly normal the next day and discussed things.  I already knew before, but that moment confirmed the two would be a really special couple.  

• Like 12

3 hours ago, JackieOnTheRocks said:

was it good? :P

Good enough for me to post essays on it. :P It's just a matter of your preference really. Like @booho said, the story is nothing new or special. 

I happen to like the Taiwanese style of dramas though. I like that the leads usually get together fairly early on in the series rather than at the end. It also happens to fit in my favorite category of dramas: friends to lovers.

@CatWhiskers Slowly, slowly making my way through the pages. Pg. 144 now. This is probably going to take me forever to get all the way through though. Lol!

And for everyone who is interested!

week%201_zpssyjqvbim.jpg

Watch the episodes when you can this week and we can spaz together about it! 

@melissala No worries. I was thinking I would split my two episodes up through the week so I'll definitely still be posting on Wednesday. Lol!

@kokodus Decided to do 2 episodes per week and just spend the week spazzing about those eps. Kind of like watching live. So watch whenever you can and feel free to make yourself look obsessed [like myself. :phew:]

As if I needed an excuse to watch this show some more and spaz on the thread...:P

1. WHAT MAKES YOU WATCH DOTS?

Because of the casts. I really love SHK since Full House, and recently, became addicted to SJK.lol:) aside from being a kpop fan, I also love watching Kdrama, and since I've been busy with my school, it's been a while since I watched korean drama. And I heard about this drama and they said that it is really really goood that's why I decided to watch it.

2. WHAT MAKES YOU TOTALLY LOVE IT AND GOT SO HOOKED?

Everything, the plot, casts, the love story of MY and SJ,DY and MJ and the bromance,production, OST etc. hahahah I can't even move on with this drama, I also love it because it is not a drama with love triangle, instead they made another love story for the second main lead. I really love the way how SJ looks at MY, how he stares, their kissing scene. Just no words can describe how great this drama and how it gave me so much feels.

Edited by lovelyapriiil
  • Like 6

14 hours ago, winterbubbletea said:

Ah...I don't really think the scene is lewd...I just find it appealing because the actions were more consistent and fluid. 

It's like watching butter melt on toast....

The subbers at Viki explained that "Want to come over and eat ramen?" is "often used as a racy pick-up line" (that last quote is their explanation).

• Like 7

9 minutes ago, themarchioness said:

The subbers at Viki explained that "Want to come over and eat ramen?" is "often used as a racy pick-up line" (that last quote is their explanation).

But they really are just eating ramen only LOL!!! Even in the dark if ramen slurping is consider racy I dunno what is wrong with these people. HAHA

• Like 6