[Drama 2016] Descendants of the Sun 태양의 후예

alleverything

@themarchioness yes, YSJ is Ahjussi too....the 3 persons on my strip are all of the same person, hehe.  Thanks for loving my strips . As long as I am inspired and have yet to pick a new drama to c-strip, you will continue to see Dots/SongSong strips. Didn't realise you write FF too...off to read, thanks . 

@hazeljrr_c922 thanks for loving my strips since Day 1, there are so many, thanks for reading them all. 

• Like 21

@themarchioness, @hazeljrr_c922

Thanks for your input and insights. I guess that's where the chosen pronoun makes it a but difficult to discern actual meaning. If indeed it's "her" they referred to, then it would be MoYeon that LTC Rock Fish wanted to pin the blame on, which honestly still does not make sense to me. The military might not be political as such, but to instinctively not want to protect your own citizens seems awfully odd. Perhaps this would be the best way to understand this:

• LTC Rock Fish meant for it to be exactly that - let the Arabs deal with this on their own, i.e. if the president dies, it will be their own fault and South Korea has no part to play in this since there were many witnesses to the position held by the president's aide - only an Arab doctor can touch the president.
  • CPT Yoo on the other hand was weighing the consequences of President Mubarak's death - he's been out there for 8 months, and being in the job he's in, is very likely also aware of the political tensions and potential global problems that would follow if President Mubarak dies (as explained by the scene in the Blue House). CPT Yoo believes in Dr Kang's skills and professional diagnosis, and also recognised that deep down she was still a doctor who believed in the Hippocratic Oath, and took his chances with her - that she could save the president and that would go a longer way politically than to simply follow orders for short term ease of problems.

I am duly satisfied. hahaha...

• Like 7

Production agency of 'Descendants Of The Sun' releases an official statement regarding the late copyrights infringement problem

The production agency of 'Descendants Of The Sun' released an official statement regarding the late copyrights infringement issue.

On April 29th a representative of production agency NEW announced, "J.ESTINA has no right to utilize captured images or partial video clips for business purposes."

The representative also said, "Our company is going to review all of the legal actions that we can take against J.ESTINA for every copyright infringement they have committed."

The representative continued, "We are also going to review all of the legal actions that we can take against many other companies that continuously infringed copyrights of 'Descendants Of The Sun.'"

The representative lastly added, "We are going to do our best to protect copyrights of every single person who participated in the drama's production."

Meanwhile, Song Hye Gyo recently announced that she will sue jewelry brand J.ESTINA in charge of portrait rights infringement.

Spoiler

Production agency of 'Descendants Of The Sun' releases an official statement regarding the late copyrights infringement problem

/Reporting by Kim Dong-Joo en@starnnews.com

http://starn.hankyung.com/global/en/news/index.html?no=446349

• Like 5

So I just started watching Rain and Krystal's drama "Lovely Girl" the other day, but I can't seem to give it my 100 hundred percent, because I'm still so hung up on DOTS ;__________; It was the BEST Korean drama for me and I'm having such a hard time trying to watch other dramas without compared them to it, because in terms of casting, storyline and cinematography, DOTS has got it all. 

How I wish the drama could've been more than just 16 episodes <///3 But even if it reached a hundred episodes, I still wouldn't get enough of it. Huhuhu I miss Si Jin, Mo Yeon, Dae Young, Myeong Ju and everybody else so much. Etteokhaeeeeeee

• Like 11

I see there are some discussions on the LTC Rock Fish's command. From my understanding of Korean (not expert here), he said the point is who takes responsibility and he is definitely not interested to be the party responsible. Hence he clearly said if the Arab Prince dies, just blame it on the doc who did not operate.

"The doc" here clearly points at Doc Kang. I think YSJ, after pondering, decided to go against his superior's commands not entirely because of Dr Kang. Naturally she is the motivation of his pondering, but he also cares about this men and will not order them to do something not honourable.

From my recollection, he asked Dr Kang "Can you save this patient?" He said "patient" and not "Arab Prince". I supposed it shows he was trying to assess the situation as plain as it is, a patient in need of medical attention. Minus all political implications.

• Like 10

3 hours ago, annettegatuslao said:

So I just started watching Rain and Krystal's drama "Lovely Girl" the other day, but I can't seem to give it my 100 hundred percent, because I'm still so hung up on DOTS ;__________; It was the BEST Korean drama for me and I'm having such a hard time trying to watch other dramas without compared them to it, because in terms of casting, storyline and cinematography, DOTS has got it all. 

How I wish the drama could've been more than just 16 episodes <///3 But even if it reached a hundred episodes, I still wouldn't get enough of it. Huhuhu I miss Si Jin, Mo Yeon, Dae Young, Myeong Ju and everybody else so much. Etteokhaeeeeeee

That drama was a let down. It was Rain's post-MS come back drama but halfway through it got so bad. It can no way compare with DOTS. 

I'm watching the running man episode with JooWon couple and it's so funny. Heh... JinGoo is so funny in it! And KJW is so pretty. I love her skirt! I want it!!

• Like 7

6 hours ago, gilaswan said:

I'm watching the running man episode with JooWon couple and it's so funny. Heh... JinGoo is so funny in it! And KJW is so pretty. I love her skirt! I want it!!

I can't wait to watch that episode with subs tonight!!!!  It's the only thing keeping me going at work today.  :P

6 hours ago, gilaswan said:

I wish SJK and SHK would join running man too... But I reckon they're too big for it now. *sigh*

Honestly, I think SHK was always too big for RM.  That's not meant as a disparagement against SHK, but more just stating a fact/belief.  Even before DotS, she was already considered a hallyu star.  Add to that, given even the little I know about her, I can't really see her on the show.  SJK, on the other hand, despite his rocketed fame, stands a better chance of being on the show.  After all, he was an original member of the show and is still close to all the members/staff (to say nothing of his bestie bromance with Lee Kwang Soo).  He's been asked often if he'd return to the show and he's indicated a desire to return if the timing is right.

A few weeks ago he filmed with the Chinese version of RM.  He got some flak for that, with people saying he was choosing money over country, and his agency explained that he did it as a favor/longstanding promise to the original PD of RM who's now working with the Chinese version.  While I don't think his agency is lying, I'm sure a motivating factor was the money, but I don't really begrudge SJK that.  Fame can be fleeting and if China wants to throw money at him right now, you have to keep striking the iron while it's hot.  I also feel pretty confident that he will return to the Korean version at some point.  Certainly, if the show ever ends (nooooooo!) I could see him coming back then. 

It should be noted also that after he was discharged from the military, he and LKS and their other friends (like Jo In Sung) went on a boy's getaway to Thailand.  Before they departed, SJK, JIS, and Im Ju Hwan came to visit the set of RM and greeted the viewers during the introduction portion of that episode.  Also, there was another episode a few months ago where the RM members participated in Park Ji Sung's charity soccer game as they always do.  SJK was also there and we got to see him briefly.  It was later revealed he was supposed to have participated in the RM episode as well, except he'd gotten injured while filming DotS (which is why they had Jung Il Woo participate instead).

• Like 11

Yknow, while rewatching, I wish they had done more to develop the characters or at least the back stories of Daniel and YeHwa. They appeared to have been setting these 2 characters up for more at the start of the series but given that it's a pre-produced show, I reckon they had no intention to do more than what they did for the 2? Unless there were many more scenes but during production they decided to drop these scenes cos they couldn't keep them all within 16 episodes. 

• Like 9

4 hours ago, gilaswan said:

Yknow, while rewatching, I wish they had done more to develop the characters or at least the back stories of Daniel and YeHwa. They appeared to have been setting these 2 characters up for more at the start of the series but given that it's a pre-produced show, I reckon they had no intention to do more than what they did for the 2? Unless there were many more scenes but during production they decided to drop these scenes cos they couldn't keep them all within 16 episodes. 

I totally agree.  I also felt like there was a lot of untapped potential there.  In the end, they did what they needed to do -- which was to support the main cast -- but they were interesting people with interesting backgrounds and it seemed a shame that more wasn't done with their characters and instead, they were allowed to just sort of fritter away into nothingness.  It was nice to see the story eventually wend their way back to Daniel, even if I did think his protest at the airport was kind of random (in terms of how it fit it into the drama) and Yehwa all but disappeared, but for the fact that we knew everyone was attending their wedding in the final scene.

I can only guess that, like you said, the show had thought about giving them larger roles before paring them back.

• Like 7

Jin Goo wants a 'Descendants of the Sun' spinoff for the Goo-Won couple?

A 'DOTS' spinoff focused on just the Goo-Won couple? That sounds like a pretty good idea! 

Jin Goo posed for a 'High Cut' pictorial recently, rocking cool, casual pieces that are summer-ready. 

In the interview following the photo shoot, the actor was asked if he would work on a 'DOTS' sequel that is a Goo-Won couple spinoff. Jin Goo replied, "If the viewers would allow it, I'd be very thankful. I've never filmed for something like a sequel in my fourteen years of acting so I do want to experience it."

For all the 'DOTS' and Goo-Won couple fans, that might just be the most fantastic idea! 

Source: http://www.allkpop.com/article/2016/05/jin-goo-wants-a-descendants-of-the-sun-spinoff-for-the-goo-won-couple

• Like 9

23 hours ago, Yoona87 said:

I made this funny MV dedicated to our Dumb & Dumber!! I hope you like it :)

Your MV is daebak!

Love it, what a great way to start the day :D It's so funny and with the extra audio make it even funnier, lol. I saved it already so I can watch it every day or when I have a bad day. Thanks so much for sharing :D 

22 hours ago, IrisFM said:
My conclusion: I don't trust SDY when numbers are involved. He is truly bad in maths and he said so himself. Possibly, the reason why he could not enter the military academy.

Remember JG is also bad in maths, he said it himself during the bts scene where they met the medial team in Urk airport. He can't count the exact minutes too :lol:

Still re-watching, last night too... until when do I have to do this :bawling: 

kMqeyKF.gif

• Like 8

SJK's Jeju Air advert... man... they should make him a pilot in his next show or whatever... hahaha... I'd fly the skies with him for sure. kekeke... How can anyone look so fine? And be so smart at the same time? What's most attractive to me is intelligence in a man, and this one has it. Yoo SiJin definitely has it. Hahaha... Smart, funny, charming. Geez. Too perfect. No wonder KMY had difficulty accepting him. 

• Like 6