[Drama 2016] Descendants of the Sun 태양의 후예

alleverything

i dropped dots in ep 17 really...i cant see it!!!!hahahahahahaha.....

its better i watch the full episode since beginning....hahahahahahaha...and i will do it this weekend!!!!

seriously i still cant move on from this drama my wed-thurs night seems so empty and bored that i slept earlier at that time, usually because of DOTS i slept at 2 AM...but now i slept at 9PM such a baby hours to sleep aniya????thats how boring my wed-thurs night....

just wow///wow///wow///// even just a recap episode in special episode this drama still maintain to get double digit rating??????though a it dropped from wednesday episode but still great for me....just wowowowow.....daebak!!! even other drama cant achieve double digit rating????? daebak daebak jjang jjang...

i am kinda laughing when see the rating now.....where is the high rating goes???i think most ppl back to their cave instead watching a drama in that slot time, when dots airing the total rating percentage from 3 station is 30-40% something but now the total only 30% something...hahahahahaha....really a phenomenal that dots drama....clap clap clap

standing ovation...deep bow down to script writer.....and ofc all the element of this drama...but yeah i must said the biggest thanks to scriptwriters.....for the great writing...well written characters...and yeah thanks for all the explanation through the interviews after the ending of this drama (a writer usually disappear after the ending of their dramas or maybe run away if the drama ending not satisfied all ppl), i really enjoyed reading all of the writers interview article....thanks for not making this drama become another triangle love drama that would lead to fanwar, thanks for making the logic ending with perfect closure in the last episode...just yes very very thank you.....

now just 1 ep left...the most anticipating episode for me maybe???though i am still doubt it too..but just give me anything in BTS episode tonight right???huwaaaaa......cant wait

• Like 11

I miss this drama so much that I started re-watching episodes. The special episode 17 only made me want to re-wacth to see the full episodes. At least now I can watch and savor every episode knowing that no one will die.

• Like 11

Annyeong Chingu-ya~...

Am writing another chapter of the fic but feeling awfully tired these days. Not sure when it'll be done, but here's a sneak:

"This morning was no different from any other. SiJin had sent MoYeon off to the clinic with a peck on the lips and proceeded to the main office building - there were new volunteers arriving today and the staff needed help with moving equipment about and helping the new arrivals settle into the lodging facilities. There were to be some Koreans arriving from Seoul in this new group, and SiJin offered to be the extra pair of hands or interpreter, whichever was needed. Just as he got to the meeting point and regarded the name list that was handed to him, the bus arrived with the new volunteers. Suddenly...

• Like 14

3RGBnwi.gif

=========================

c as labeled

=============

"Descendants of the Sun" Special Part 2, bye-bye

2016/04/21 

photo716903.jpg

"Descendants of the Sun" Special Part 2 came in first.

According to Nielsen Korea, the KBS 2TV drama "Descendants of the Sun" Special Part 2 rated 13.6%. It's a 4.1% drop from Part 1, but still in the lead.

The second special showed an epilogue of the drama. This is the last of "Descendants of the Sun".

Meanwhile, SBS "Entertainers" rated 6.6% and MBC "Goodbye Mr. Black" rated 9.4%.

Source : tvdaily.asiae.co.kr/r...

hancinema

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

CgmgRglUcAAFRi7.jpg======================

Song Hye Kyo Talks About Falling For Song Joong Ki’s Acting

Song Hye Kyo Talks About Falling For Song Joong Ki’s Acting

Song Hye Kyo has nothing but love and appreciation for her co-star Song Joong Ki.

On April 20, Song Hye Kyo met with reporters in Seoul for a press conference and shared about her “Descendants of the Sun” character Kang Mo Yeon as well as Yoo Shi Jin, the character played by Song Joong Ki.

Speaking about Song Joong Ki’s explosive rise as a Hallyu star, Song Hye Kyo said, “First off, I want to congratulate him. From the first time I saw the script, I knew that the male protagonist role was vitally important. Song Joong Ki was able to achieve that hard task. He made even my own heart flutter with his acting and I think that effect was what made the drama do well. The chemistry between the actors was strong. It wasn’t something that I was able to do with my own strength. It was because the collaboration between me and my co-stars was so strong that it worked out well.”

Soompi

• Like 21

[news] - Kim Ji Won & Jin Goo to attend DescendantsOfTheSunCaptain.png OST concert on May 14

#김지원 http://news.nate.com/view/20160422n06895 

DescendantsOfTheSunCaptain.png to hold OST Concert on May 14th at Kyunghee Univ. #JinGoo, #KimJiWon and other cast are expected to attend as well.

kdrama news 

[NEWS] #DescendantsOfTheSunCaptain.png OST Concert!!! May 14 at 3 p.m & 7p.m

====================

Cgmrxg7UYAA_P1d.jpg

CgmryPxUkAAK2AN.jpg

Spoiler

CgmrysZUcAM0Nqw.jpg

c to owners

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Guess which industry is suffering because of people's addiction to Descendants of the Sun

Do you drop everything to watch Song Joong Ki in Descendants of the Sun? Apparently viewers in South Korea are so addicted to the hit drama that its taking a major toll on this industry. 

Online shopping is down when DOTS is on. The stunning trend has been noticed by the credit card industry. According to a South Korean credit card industry report, female shoppers typically do their online shopping at night, presumably after their busy day and dinner.

That was, until  Descendants of the Sun came along!

Since DOTS attracts mostly female viewers, many of these viewers, especially those in the 20 to 30-something age group, are so addicted to the drama that they are skipping online shopping just so that they can watch DOTS on time and not miss anything in the story.

How drastic is the trend when changes in individual shopping habits are aggregated?

The study says online shopping is down a whopping 9% on Wednesday and Thursday nights from 10 pm to 11 pm when DOTS is on as compared to a year ago.

That's a huge impact!

Korean online retailers will probably sigh with great relief when DOTS is over, and hurry to stock up on products showcased in the popular drama.

On the other hand, DOTS is expected to buoy the Korean economy overall by drawing more international interest in Korean products and travel. According to another estimate, the mega-hit drama could generate more than 3 trillion won (or US$264 million) worth of positive economic effects for the South Korean economy.

https://www.dramafever.com/pt/news/descendants-of-the-sun-viewers-are-so-addicted-to-the-drama-that-they-are-skipping-online-shopping-/

• Like 17

‘Descendants of the Sun’ Tour Brings Fans to South Korea & Greece

Vittorio Hernandez

Shipwreck Beach

Fans of “Descendants of the Sun” will never have enough of the 16-episode drama. Not even a 3-part special episode would satisfy the longing of fans of Song Joong-ki and Song Hye kyo to see the two together again.

For the affluent Hallyu fan, Viator has an offer to bring them to the places where parts of the blockbuster drama were shot. And it is not limited to South Korea but includes Greece where some of the scenes were shot.

Today Online reported that the itinerary includes a day trip from Athens to Delphi, the archaeological site. Another stop is the Ionian Islands, where it is not only “Descendants of the Sun” which filmed there but other movies as well.

Zakynthos Island was where Song Joong-ki and Song Hye kyo dated in one episode and where the famous Navagio, or Shipwreck Beach, could be found.

According to K-Drama Amino, the cast and crew of “Descendants of the Sun” left for Greece in September 2015 to shoot scenes there. Shipwreck Beach was where the crew and cast filmed the boat scene aired in Episode 3. That picturesque scene, which took only five minutes of air time when it was shown, was shot in six hours and the production spent 1 billion won on it.

Another tour provider, Interpark an online shopping mall in South Korea, is offering a nine-day “Descendants of the Sun”-themed tour to Greece.

Of course, the tour would not be complete without including Hallyu-related tours by Viator. The Korean Cultural Combo features a visit to the Yongin Drama TV Set and Korean Folk Village which is a heritage tour. One could also opt for the one-day KPop Seoul tour.

Fans who want to see the South Korea sites where “Descendants of the Sun” filmed would have to wait a bit because the country’s tourism department is in the planning stage to develop the cities of Taebaek and Paju where some of the scenes were shot.

http://en.yibada.com/articles/118124/20160421/descendants-of-the-sun-tour-brings-fans-to-south-korea-greece.htm#ixzz46VpmkqoM

• Like 15

'Descendants of the Sun' to meet fans as movie, book

A poster for KBS 2TV's "Descendants of the Sun." (Yonhap)

SEOUL, April 22 (Yonhap) -- South Korean runaway hit TV series "Descendants of the Sun" will come back in the form of a novel and a movie, its production company said Friday.

The huge popularity of the series even after it went off the air drove the production company NEW to look for ways to capitalize on the show's success.

The company said it was working to tweak the script to change it into a book. At the same time, it is engaging in an internal discussion on how to shorten the 16-episode into a 2-hour movie. In China, the remake of the series is being discussed.

"We are looking for ways to make good use of the content," an official at the company said, adding a book and a movie are the first variations. The detailed release dates haven't been determined yet, the official said.

Meanwhile, the director's cut on DVD won't be made, much to the disappointment of some fans who had opened an online forum asking for the extended version. Some 5,000 fans expressed their interest in buying if it is released.

Instead, the company plans to publish a DVD containing some of the highlights from the show and behind-the-scenes takes.

"Descendant of the Sun," starring Song Joong-ki and Song Hye-kyo, was broadcast in South Korean and China at the same time. It enjoyed amazing popularity in Asia, with more than a 30 percent viewer rating which is exceptional for a weekday TV series.

http://english.yonhapnews.co.kr/culturesports/2016/04/22/0701000000AEN20160422001900315.html

• Like 15

Jin Goo, Kim Ji Won, and more to join 'Descendants of the Sun' OST Concert!

jin-goo-kim-ji-won_1461286467_af_org.jpg

Jin Goo, Kim Ji Won, and the various singers of 'Descendants of the Sun' OSTs are gathering for a special concert!

On May 14, the 'Descendants of the Sun OST Concert' will take place at Kyonggi University. Two shows have been scheduled for 3 PM and 7 PM. Tickets will be available starting April 22. 

For the hit drama's upcoming special event, actor Jin Goo and actress Kim Ji Won have confirmed their guest appearances! A concert representative stated, "The actors and singers are going to create a stage together. Various special events and performances that resemble the drama are also planned." 

http://www.allkpop.com/article/2016/04/jin-goo-kim-ji-won-and-more-to-join-descendants-of-the-sun-ost-concert

*** I am in big hope to see more dance moves from Big Boss and Wolf... Rock the stage men!!!

• Like 18

The moment they met again in Uruk. Captain Yoo's so cool here and it's the first time KMY saw YSJ as a Captain of special forces.

tumblr_o5wx0md6oH1utfw96o2_250.gif  tumblr_o5wx0md6oH1utfw96o1_250.gif

Car wash hug scene @lovemetruly Captain Yoo turned into an adorable little puppy...

tumblr_o5q9bqYHsF1tmjt2ko9_r1_400.giftumblr_o5q9bqYHsF1tmjt2ko3_400.gif

@Chellsee It seems based on SJK's fan meeting schedules, he won't be able to attend the DOTS OST concert. But lucky fans will be able to meet him in those cities....

Actor Song Joong-ki to meet fans in eight Chinese cities

SEOUL, April 22 (Yonhap) -- Song Joong-ki, the star of the South Korean TV sensation "Descendants of the Sun," will make a tour of eight Chinese cities to meet his international fans, his agency said Friday.

Song shot to Asianwide fame for his role as Army Capt. Yoo Si-jin, who falls for a female surgeon, Kang Mo-yeon (Song Hye-kyo), in a fictional war-torn country where he is part of South Korea's peacekeeping force.

The tour will begin in Beijing on May 14 and take him to Wuhan on May 21, Guangzhou and Shenzhen on May 27-28, according to Blossom Entertainment.

Song will head north to Shanghai on June 5 and then travel back to the south to visit Hong Kong on June 11. It would be his second visit to Hong Kong since the promotional tour with actress Song on April 4.

He will also meet fans in Chengdu on June 17 and end the pan-China trip in Taipei on June 25.

On Sunday, Song's "fan meeting" event drew some 4,000 fans to Seoul's Kyunghee University.

He is scheduled to hold a similar event in Bangkok on May 7.

Actor Song Joong-ki thumbs up in this undated photo released by Blossom Entertainment. (Yonhap)

http://english.yonhapnews.co.kr/news/2016/04/22/0200000000AEN20160422002500315.html

• Like 21

Things that occur to me for the first time, even after having watched a bajillion times already:

- A couple of times throughout the drama, we got voiceovers from KMY.  I think we even got at least one from YMJ.  But did we get any from YSJ?

- The fishing trip wasn't KMY and YSJ's first quality tent time.  There was also their reunion in Albania.  One tent.  One bed.  Who slept where that night, do you think?  ;)

• Like 15