[Drama 2016] Descendants of the Sun 태양의 후예

alleverything

wow...this thread move slower now...i even can catch up since my last post last night, usually i will read at least 10 pages to catch up never less than that.

1st weekend without DOTS....ah so empty...so empty.....but i as usual just keep replaying the old episode...replaying the OSTs too...

am i the only one that will still crying when rewatch the old episode of DOTS???and laugh like crazy in comic scene in all episode DOTS???i even love and never get tired read line by line in dots dialogues since 1st episode???hahahahaha...

just realized that the 1st meeting of the main couple and 2nd couple and even bromance are really unique and not usual? hahaha..the song song couple meet in hospital and argue so much in 1st episode...2nd couple meet in army long march and bromance meet at under the umbrella....wow i wont forget all first meeting in this drama..it just too unique and yeah had special story too.

the bromance 1st meeting never failed to make me laugh until a bit tear up because too much laughing...hahahahaha...SY really a bad liar, he cant lie with his face, no wonder he choose to run away in his relationship with YMJ, laugh at part that YSJ know since beginning that he was lied when SDY said he knows YMJ a month ago but keep saying he is in relationship with YMJ for 1 years. how can you have relationship for a year with someone that you just meet a month ago..even a fool know it SDY...yeoksi YSJ really quick thinking,,such a great captain..ups not captain anymore but major YSJ...neomu moshitdaaaaaa

and i just realized too that song song couple never broke up and never do noble idiocy and never had a great angst in their relationship since ep 9 until ep 16....yeah thats what a mature relationship are...and the time that toke them to be together 1-8 episode is not a wasted time but such a worth time to their relationship, how their relationship built up and how they learn about each other, understand about each other, no wonder they really had strong relationship until the end..clap clap clap...i love this kind of ride love journey in kdrama...

and about the OST no wonder DOTS osts beat reply 1988 ost..mianhae eungpal, even the chart in melon already said it....and yeah i kinda must agree with this one..DOTS really has great OSTs... the 10 songs with 10 great singers is just awesome....its difficult to pick which one is my favorite but the songs that i most played is Davichi, K.will and Junsu..but the others i also like it....if i can get the point its like ship 10 out 10 from the ost itself...yeah because all songs is great and good songs. usually if a drama had 10 ost. i only like the ost until part 5 or 6 and the last part usually i kind to forget it...but not with DOTS osts..my ear never tired to listen it in my playlist (my handphone and my laptop) and even heard it in reality show,,,my ears always scream thankful and grin happiness when heard it...what a beautiful songs,,, (now in my playlist playing junsu song)

• Like 21

Just now, gilaswan said:

JoongKi ah.... Noona likes you very much, but I think it was indeed a good thing you didn't debut as an idol. :lol:

Hahahaha but i actually think his voice is great and he can do much better with proper training

#oppaisthebest #defendingmyoppanomatterwhat #crazyfangirltilltheend

• Like 12

Oh no @SunnySun26 omona, SDY with his cramp dance again, I was laughing so hard even my two little girls ask me what's wrong, when I show them the gif they are shocked, lol.

I know this has been discussed before, during the cafe scene in MY flasback, when SJ said: "should I just put it in"  MY answered: "it's so erotic" Then SJ said: "this woman, it's still too early" I was like, huh, what are they talking just now? Only after I read comments here I understand what is it all about, lol.

I just love MY, she is blunt, she is bold and will say whatever it is in her beautiful head, no pretension whatsoever. She told SJ they said I Love You using their bodies, and in the last scene on the beach when they play catch me if you can she said: "woah, I am in a deserted island with a man, it's awesome". 

I also love the way she throws tantrum on their reunion, she said all that in her mind and SJ just wait for her to let all her anger and frustration out. And how she hug him at last. Her character development is truly amazing. Where to find such a cute and brave leading lady, and SHK did a wonderful job as KMY. 

• Like 23

Y'know what I want to know? I want to know why Yoo SiJin and Kang MoYeon are still calling each other "Yoo Daewi" and "Kang Seonsaeng" respectively. That's something I don't quite get. After all they've been through together and done, why the formality still?

• Like 12

30 minutes ago, gilaswan said:

Y'know what I want to know? I want to know why Yoo SiJin and Kang MoYeon are still calling each other "Yoo Daewi" and "Kang Seonsaeng" respectively. That's something I don't quite get. After all they've been through together and done, why the formality still?

Not sure if it'll answer your question, but I and my bf started our relationship as friend, and 8 years has passed we still call each other the same way when we're friend. It literally become the nickname we call each other. You can see even if Captain Yoo has been promoted to a Major, when they're back to the shipwreck she still calls him Captain Yoo. Aside from that, the I - You between has changed, no more 저 but 나, which is informal language. So I think it's become the nickname for them, like she called him BigBoss and he called her Beauty sometimes, she even saved his name as BigBoss on her phone.

If any chance in the epilogue they had married, they might call each other different, like "hubby or wifey", ah, can't wait for next 3 special eps

• Like 18

'Descendants Of The Sun' Teases Epilogue Following Grand Finale

Descendants Of The Sun

Are you said that the epic K-drama "Descendants Of The Sun" has ended? Don't you worry. The "Descendants Of The Sun" crews are sharing an epilogue to the grand finale, which will air on Apr. 22, 2016.

Fans had wanted KBS to film "Descendants Of The Sun" season 2, according to Insight. To ameliorate the fans' feelings, KBS is set to drop three special episodes.

In the three special episodes, fans will be able to watch the Yoo Shi Jin (Song Joong Ki) and Kang Mo Yeon (Song Hye Kyo) couple fall in love all over again.

The first two, which is scheduled to air on Apr. 20 through 21, will feature highlights, behind-the-scenes, and making of the 16 episodes. The third episode will tell the epilogue of the K-drama and air on Apr. 22.

On the K-drama "Descendants Of The Sun," episode 16 (final episode), which aired on Apr. 14, 2016, Yoo Shi Jin (Song Joong Ki) returned to Kang Mo Yeon (Song Hye Kyo), who had thought he was dead. The initial shock went away quickly, and the couple joked around like they always used to. The couple visited a beach in Uruk and promised eternal love. (Check out "Descendants Of The Sun," episode 16, recap here)

Watch the "Descendants Of The Sun" special episode teaser video below.

http://www.fashionnstyle.com/articles/83636/20160417/descendants-of-the-sun-will-air-3-special-episodes-after-finale.htm

• Like 19

1 hour ago, kokodus said:

Hahahaha but i actually think his voice is great and he can do much better with proper training

#oppaisthebest #defendingmyoppanomatterwhat #crazyfangirltilltheend

Am so glad he decided to be an actor instead.    BTW, he did sing Innocent Man theme.

The one who I thought would get one ballad is Onew, and he didn't.

Agree with you all that the whole OST of DotS is the best.  So many, and all beautifully done.

We are only 6 pages short of 1,000.   Easy-peasy, we will hit it quickly.  

• Like 15

1 hour ago, kristy86 said:

Oh no @SunnySun26 omona, SDY with his cramp dance again, I was laughing so hard even my two little girls ask me what's wrong, when I show them the gif they are shocked, lol.

I know this has been discussed before, during the cafe scene in MY flasback, when SJ said: "should I just put it in"  MY answered: "it's so erotic" Then SJ said: "this woman, it's still too early" I was like, huh, what are they talking just now? Only after I read comments here I understand what is it all about, lol.

I just love MY, she is blunt, she is bold and will say whatever it is in her beautiful head, no pretension whatsoever. She told SJ they said I Love You using their bodies, and in the last scene on the beach when they play catch me if you can she said: "woah, I am in a deserted island with a man, it's awesome". 

I also love the way she throws tantrum on their reunion, she said all that in her mind and SJ just wait for her to let all her anger and frustration out. And how she hug him at last. Her character development is truly amazing. Where to find such a cute and brave leading lady, and SHK did a wonderful job as KMY. 

Me too! I loveee how KMY is always so blunt and playful with YSJ. That last episode when she throws tantrum and said she's going to be nun I know right away it'll be a great episode with lots of cute banters between those two lovey dovey. I love how almost every female casts in DoTS (even the sexy bartender back in Urk, lol) are so badass in their own way! Lurves!! <3

• Like 9

Song Joong Ki Talks About Melodrama Acting and His Feelings About Flower Boy Image

Song Joong Ki Talks About Melodrama Acting and His Feelings About Flower Boy Image

Although Kim Eun Sook, the writer of the massively popular drama “Descendants of the Sun,” is known for writing slightly cheesy lines, many viewers have praised lead actor Song Joong Ki for managing to pull them off and make them seem natural. At a press conference on April 15, Song Joong Kiwas asked what his secret is to making those kind of lines in a melodrama work.

“I don’t have anything I’d call a secret,” he says. “But no matter what, my usual self is always going to come out on screen, and I always think to myself, ‘When you’re acting in a melodrama, don’t make it seem cringeworthy.’”

“On the most basic level, I stay loyal to the script,” he says. “I try to put myself in the writer’s shoes and think about why they wrote these lines or this scene. What about the scene before? What about the scenes in the next episode? I think about that a lot.”

Song Joong Ki is also asked about his image as a “flower boy” or pretty boy. He replies, “I have no intention of trying to get rid of my image as a ‘flower boy.’ An actor’s appearance is very important.”

He adds with a laugh, “I take good care of my skin, and do my best to prevent signs of aging.”

SOOMPI

• Like 13

16 hours ago, pinknerd93 said:

Unpopular thought  here: I think from the storytelling and plot this drama is certainly not the best out there. There are way too many loopholes and straight up unrealistic portrayal; I mean, how do you explain YSJ keep surviving despite being killed over and over again?

I was born in the country where there was many wars. It's said that, some solders can easily   die, even when they do not attend the battle field. But some others always survive magically. It seems that bomb, cartridges avoid them. My uncle has fought in many battles. 1 time, there is only him left, fought against 1 group. But then he's alive, without any wound.

• Like 13

Its still weekend in my part of the world and i am bored to death here;) I come here every 10 minutes and this thread is hardly moving. I miss those good old times when this thread used to move faster than the speed of light. Sigh.

I have a great idea to keep this thread alive. Now that this epic drama has ended, lets pick our favourites from this drama like fav scene, fav dialogue and so on. Ready guys..

My favourites:

Favourite scene : At the end of ep 6, when YSJ come back to Urk due to the earthquake, those longing looks they gave to each other, it was beautiful. I dont know how to explain it perfectly but that scene just struck me really hard

Favorite ep : Hands down, sixth ep, it was the best for me. Those earthquake scenes were made brilliantly and i believe it was the episode where KMY realized her love for our capt. after being separated from him. I loved the fact that she missed him so much.

Favourite line (from shi jin) : "Dont feel embarrased just bcoz i found out you like me. Even so it doesn't change the fact that i like you more". swooonnnnn.

Favourite line (from mo yeon) : "Its my chance to abandon you"(8th ep). I really liked her attitude here. You go, girl.

Favourite line (from dae young) : "I don't have anything to say. I just want you to eat you look really thin nowadays"(15th ep). again swoooonnnn ~

Favorite line (from myung joo) : "why should i be ashamed of when i know how much seargent seo loves me"(6th ep).

Favourite scene (SDY-YMJ) : In 16th ep when SDY tells the contents of that letter without seeing it and ofcourse the kisses that followed.

Favourite character : Doctor Song

Favourite kiss : Shipwreck kiss

Favourite LOL moment :  Our dumb and dumber fanboying over red velvet

Favourite OST : Junsu's 'how can i love you'

• Like 21

I am so glad that I held myself back to watch this drama weekly and finally marathon to finish up all episodes over a few days... Shiok to the max!

The weekly wait would have killed me completely! :w00t:

Enjoyed the courtship of both couples tremendously so glad that no one died in the end though in reality....for such dangerous work the 3 of them (soldiers) are doing, chances of them being sacrificed is so high.  I suppose not killing them in this segment of their lives help us audience!  In reality someone like KMY has to live day by day not knowing what to expect and that is a kind of bravery indeed.  Quite frankly, if she has found a soul-mate in YSJ, there is really nothing she can do anymore but to embrace his work.   But I can feel all the struggles that she has gone through, it is really not easy having such a boyfriend who can pop in and out of her life without much notice.   Similarly, her job as a doctor has somewhat the demands except that it is not dangerous unless doing volunteer work in a dangerous location.

In real life, couples like this is best to stick together at work...but that is only possible if they are posted to a place for long periods of time.

I really enjoyed the love exchanges dialogue between each pair of lovers.  The tough love and yet very sweet love for each other.  It is easier to see the strength of such love between two people when they have to keep saving each other.  The city type of love between couples revolves more around materialism so I really like the theme of love in DOTS.

Simply Love Song Joong Ki in DOTS.. he is the ideal superhero of every girl.....never die....always can resurrect...  *dreamy*   I love all the things he say to KMY...so charming and so cool...:wub:

Song Hye Kyo is always lovely to stare at her beautiful features and never aging face and she is pretty good in acting this semi-comic and yet serious doctor.  Very cute...to me cuter than in Full House.

The other's couple's tough love is equally fun to watch and they acted their roles very well too.

I also love the comradeship amongst the members in the Special Force..  A team like this keeps one going to work with great motivation indeed.

The scenery in the drama are so beautiful too especially those shot in Greece.  The story with earthquakes, virus outbreak, measles and many other secret mission adventures really add a lot of spices to the drama.

Writer Kim Eun Sook is DAEBAK!!!  Eternally great!:wub:     I so loved to the nth degree her Secret Garden and DOTS, though her works in between these two dramas are also works that I love.

• Like 14

@kokodus Great suggestion. I am in a middle of marathoning the episodes and even got my bf to watch it. (He finishes it in 2 days and even commented that is is not bad and rather different frm normal Kdrama. The way the story is and especially the beautiful cinematography...bf is an avid photographer. Lol.)

Don't worry about thread being slow. Most of us are in the Song Song aka Kikyo thread. There was a "bomb" dropped by SJK today and everyone there is going crazy. Lol!!! I could barely finish reading the pages because it moves too fast. 

• Like 13

Just now, hazeljrr_c922 said:

Am so glad he decided to be an actor instead.    BTW, he did sing Innocent Man theme.

Ohhh!!! I didnt know that. I haven't watched innocent man. My friends recommended it but i immediately got put off when i heard that story. Crazy revenge dramas are not my cup of tea. 

This is my first SJK drama and i am glad that i found out such a great actor thru this drama but on the other hand i am afraid to watch his other dramas.:cry: He will always be captain yoo for me and SHK will always be doctor KMY. I am not ready to move on. I dont want them to act in other dramas with someone else for atleast...... 5 years

• Like 8