[Drama 2016] Descendants of the Sun 태양의 후예

alleverything

Image result for descendants of the sunA melody becomes a memory    th?id=OIP.M5143c29bc4d90be8fd992f786e30d

You know your experiencing a great drama when it's past episodes continue to call to you and before you know it your skipping around thinking I will just watch my favorite scenes until you have lost total control and find yourself watching the whole episode again & again.  When trying to define all the reasons this drama has taken your heart prisoner and brought out so many different kinds of emotion within you. Until it surprises even you.   You just don't know where to start  or even how to explain only that your happy your it's captive....

It doesn't stop at just that for now I'm the proud owner of all 8 songs:blink: that make up an amazing OST:w00t: that in time I hope one of them will be chosen for Best Song in a Drama  You are my Everything would be my choice because to me it's the heart [心]beat of this drama. It's words are a story within a story.   Every one of the song's melody & words bring you right back to that moment and scene yes, you know it that well...  My sister asked why buy music with words you don't understand except for the one that's in English?  I quickly responded it's the melody that first grabs you and as far as the words I usually find them.  But even if I couldn't it wouldn't make the songs less. In fact it's made them more because I remember that scene when I first heard it, that's enough for me [微笑]worth every cent!  And more....... 

Going to enjoy every last moment of DOTS and every last musical note too....:wub:

(Yonhap Interview) 'Descendants of the Sun' producer feels scared by drama's stunning popularity

Spoiler

SEOUL, April 3 (Yonhap) -- The chief producer of "Descendants of the Sun" on Sunday said he feels "scared" by the show's skyrocketing popularity both in South Korea and China.

"I knew 'Descendants of the Sun' would do well but certainly not this much. I am totally overwhelmed by it all and a bit scared," Bae Kyung-soo, the chief producer of the series, said during an interview with Yonhap News Agency.

Bae, one of the drama's producers at the territorial network KBS on which the show is broadcast, wasn't the only one who felt that way.

Saying they feel "surprised" or "happy" would be the understatement of the year, many people inside the production team expressed similar feelings, like "the popularity has totally gotten out of control" or "I am bewildered by the popularity and feel a bit scared," according to him.

A scene from "Descendants of the Sun" with Dr. Kang Mo-yeon (Song Hye-kyo) and Army Capt. Yoo Si-jin (Song Joong-ki) (Yonhap) A scene from "Descendants of the Sun" with Dr. Kang Mo-yeon (Song Hye-kyo) and Army Capt. Yoo Si-jin (Song Joong-ki) (Yonhap)

The series has added a new chapter to Korean drama history by surpassing the 30 percent viewer rate for the first time in four years. In China, the accumulated number of keyword searches on Weibo, the Chinese equivalent of Twitter, amounted to an astonishing 7.5 billion.

Bae said he expected the meteoric rise of the main actor Song Joong-ki, who plays Army Capt. Yoo Si-jin, at a faster speed than the one of Kim Soo-hyun from "My Love from the Star." The good cast and interesting storyline were icing on the cake, he said.

A scene from "Descendants of the Sun" with Army Capt. Yoo Si-jin (Yonhap) A scene from "Descendants of the Sun" with Army Capt. Yoo Si-jin (Yonhap)

The series took more than five years to actually come into production and to finally broadcast in Korea and China at the same time. According to Bae, so many staff and interested parties put efforts together to overcome a slew of unexpected roadblocks and make that happen.

"We couldn't find a single precedent where a pre-produced drama hit it off. Its huge scale didn't help either. But we decided to go for it. If we hadn't aggressively tackled the challenges, we wouldn't have been able to make it," he said, citing the outbreak of Middle East Respiratory Syndrome as one of the major obstructions to the production.

An official poster for SBS TV's "Descendants of the Sun" (Yonhap) An official poster for SBS TV's "Descendants of the Sun" (Yonhap)

The romance between the Army captain and Dr. Kang Mo-yeon (Song Hye-kyo) is behind the huge popularity, but he noted that the humanitarian touch of the dedication of a soldier and a doctor seems to move viewers. "Selfless dedication and humanitarian causes, which all societies need but always feel a lack of, might have touched people's hearts," he said.

Though some critics point out that the series forces patriotism on people, Bae said: "'Descendants of the Sun' is not a documentary. And just think about how you become a patriot without really realizing it when you are overseas fulfilling your duty for your nation."

Based on the experiences this time, a second and third "Descendants of the Sun" should keep coming, Bae emphasized.

jaeyeon.woo@yna.co.kr

http://english.yonhapnews.co.kr/culturesports/2016/04/01/0701000000AEN20160401006200315.html

i guess nobody expected  this drama will become so popular...i'm happy cogratulations to the team ...

• Like 16

Besides the epic kiss scenes in ep. 4 and 9, this is all around the most satisfying episode so far.  I felt content, with all the big and small wrap up to everyone's story.  The big bad Argus is dead, MY is saved, Commander Yoon regained my love and respect, not to mention the President.  Fatima is safely with Valentine.  The uncle who swallowed the diamond is alive but will pay for his crime is a good closure for all of us.  LCH healed things with the patient and had a cute scene with Blackie.  Dr. Song and Nurse Ha had a great last funny scene.  The American soldier wishing Big Boss well.  MJ and DY being so lovey dovey when DY came back from his black op.  The cooking scene with our cute Gi-Bum and MJ and MY's past finally uncovered to their detriments might I add.  And of course, last but not least, our lovely couple.  I love how MY's character remains consistent.  She knows she's in the dog house, so she tries to get pity from our captain and failed horribly because, well, he's not an idiot. lol Then she puts him in his place after getting him jealous by pretending to call her ex (whom I doubt she kept in touch with) and catches the phone like a special agent when he slaps it off her hand.  Then she confesses in a way that would make all the comments made by our captain in the past seem trivial.  Talking about knowing how to stroke the guy's ego!!   Giving MY back the rock and the last bird eyes view kiss scene is a nice touch, although seriously, you could have started from a close zoom to the birds eyes view if you ask me.  And lastly, the medical team is back in Korea.  Aside from Dr. Cho and his Korean wife being MIA, I think they covered pretty much EVERYTHING.  What more do you want for a wrap up to start the next chapter?  

The one thing I truly love about this show is that it doesn't drag.  Most Asian dramas (Korean, Chinese, Taiwanese) tend to drag out scenes and then rush the ending.  I feel like DOTS is spot on with how long they extend the question and provide the answers down the road.  Thus, with 4 episodes left, I have no doubt that the writer can pack a huge punch and equally provide us with an amazing, satisfying answer in the end.  She hasn't disappoint us in the least.  Seeing how well the drama has balanced the romance and action, the melodrama and comedy, I really doubt she will kill off any of our great characters.  If she didn't kill off that Uncle, do you think she'll do that to our most beloved?  I think not.  So stop the fretting and enjoy this nice ride.  I can't wait!

As far as prediction goes, I believe YAI will play the ex MY and MJ were talking about, and SJ will be exploding with cuteness and jealousy.  I want a scene where MY will tell the jerk chairman off, and yes, let's have some weddings and babies to wrap up the show.  I hope our writers are thinking on these same lines...I'll be reliving this drama for months if she does (not that I'm not doing that already).

• Like 24

Filming site of 'Descendants of the Sun' to be turned into park

Spoiler

PAJU, South Korea, April 3 (Yonhap) -- The filming site of the sensational TV series "Descendants of the Sun" in Camp Greaves, the former U.S. military camp near the Demilitarized Zone (DMZ) in Paju, north of Seoul, will turn into a foothold of the region's tourism industry, provincial officials said Sunday.

The camp, which is currently used as a youth hostel, will be transformed into a cultural historical park by 2018, according to the officials.

As the only residential facility for civilians within the civilian control line, the state-run hostel attracted 11,099 people last year, more than doubling the number in 2014, which stood at 5,571.

A filming site of the popular TV series "Descendants of the Sun" in Taebaek, Gangwon Province. (Yonhap file photo provided by Taebaek City Hall) A filming site of the popular TV series "Descendants of the Sun" in Taebaek, Gangwon Province. (Yonhap file photo provided by Taebaek City Hall)

The new park will be comprised of different zones focusing on natural scenery, culture and arts, as well as military experience, where tourists can experience military food and camping, the officials said.

The provincial government, Paju city government and local tourism organization will together inject 35.5 billion won (US$31 million) into the park project, according to the officials. The construction will begin later this month.

The provincial government will also turn the area into a must-see place for drama fans by creating photo zones near where it was filmed.

"When the construction is completed, Camp Greaves will definitely become the best tourism site in the northern Gyeonggi Province," an official said.

Premiering simultaneously in South Korea and China on Feb. 24, "Descendants" has become the first Korean drama shown on weeknights to surpass 30 percent in nationwide viewership in four years.

http://english.yonhapnews.co.kr/culturesports/2016/04/03/0701000000AEN20160403001500315.html

don't you think is a wonderfull idea?i think is a great idea!

• Like 11

Kim Ji Won talks about her character, Yoon Myeong Joo at ‘Entertainment Weekly’

76229-410549.jpg Kim Ji Won at 'Entertainment Weekly'

Kim Ji Won received lots of attention by acting as the character, Yoon Myeong Joo at KBS drama ‘Descendants of the Sun‘.

On 2 April, Kim Ji Won had an interview at ‘Entertainment Weekly‘ and revealed the preparation that she planned before shooting ‘Descendants of the Sun‘.

Kim Ji Won said ‘In order to present the best as the character of Yoon Myeong Joo, I have planned to join Marine Corps’ Camps but was stopped by the director.’

Ji Won calls Jin Goo at 'Entertainment Weekly' Ji Won calls Jin Goo at ‘Entertainment Weekly’

Meanwhile, Kim Ji Won calls out to Jin Goo and they used the formal tune that used in the military. We can tell that through the drama, the team builds up a close relationship between each other.

Ji Won gives us some preview for the upcoming episodes Ji Won gives us some preview for the upcoming episodes

Ji Won also revealed that in the upcoming episodes GooWon couple will have the mixture of sweet and salt feelings which makes us more curious for the upcoming storyline of the drama.

In the end, Ji Won thanks the viewers for loving the GooWon couple.

http://kpopfighting.com/2016/04/04/kim-ji-won-talks-about-her-character-yoon-myeong-joo-at-entertainment-weekly/

i can't wait to see more...i love their couple!

• Like 9

Wah..i wonder how to finish backreading for more than 100 pages since my last visit. You guys awasome. How many ep left? I hate when Argus hit MY.. lucky his dead already.. anyway Argus also looked handsome.. arghh this drama really make me soo in love with all the casts including the director and the scripwriter. Thanks.. big hug frm me.:wub:

• Like 2

Success is mine!!!!  Got a friend to finally start watching DotS, and she loved it.

Now to work on Friend #2...

Like the M3 virus, this drama is infectious. Unlike the M3 virus, this drama won't kill you.  (Although it may suck away your every minute of the day...). ;)

• Like 13

Oh. Is he promoting alone? Where is our goddess? Did she go on a later flight? To avoid silly questions like "are you both dating?" Ishhhh.. been waiting to see captain Yoo and Dr. Kang doing their karate chops at butchering these silly questions and hear what they say about their filming experiences. Aiyo, how is DOTS promotion complete with Dr Kang?

• Like 5

Descendants of the Sun soundtrack super-hit, second volume just around the corner

By Anusha Venkat

Sensational Korean television drama ‘Descendants of the Sun’ that chronicles the relationship between a soldier and surgeon is sweeping Asia, with over a billion views recorded in China alone. Its original soundtrack album is also turning out to be a super hit, with the first instalment opening to massive sales and the second due later this month. The album sold more than 20,000 copies last week, dominating domestic online music charts, the album’s distributor has revealed. MUSIC&NEW announced that the sales of the first volume of the original soundtrack (OST) crossed the 20,000-mark last Friday, thanks to the unchallenged boom of the military romantic television series. An OST album crossing the 20,000 milestone in the struggling local music market is a feat given the challenges posed by online streaming and digital downloads.

Descendants of the Sun OST album has two volumes. The first includes a total of five songs: ‘Always’ by Yoon Mi-rae, ‘Everytime’ by Chen and Punch, ‘This Love’ by Davichi, the Korean and English versions of ‘You Are My Everything’ by Gummy and ‘Once Again’ by Kim Na-young featuring Mad Clown. The second volume set to drop on April 21 also has five songs by K-Will, SG Wannabe, Lynn, M.C The Max, and Junsu of the K-pop boy band JYJ.

Spoiler

‘This Love’ by Davichi topped Genie Music’s monthly chart last month, followed by Yoon Mi-rae’s ‘Always’. Descendants of the Sun has become very popular TV series since it premiered in February 2016. According to video-streaming site Viki, it has been searched the most among other dramas and managed to score a 9.7 out of 10 rating. The drama is available with subtitles in 33 languages, including English, Mandarin and Spanish. The drama is a big success and starring Song JoongKi was in a way lucky since Captain Yoo Si Jin did not exist in an early screenplay for the drama, and actor Song JoongKi was not the candidate for the role initially according to Straits Times. It is first Korean drama to be broadcast simultaneously in South Korea and China. The super-hit show that features the romance between a South Korean special forces officer and a woman doctor on a peacekeeping mission in a fictitious country is stirring angry memories about the behavior of Seoul’s troops during the Vietnam War.

http://atimes.com/2016/04/descendants-of-the-sun-soundtrack-super-hit-second-volume-just-around-the-corner/

• Like 15

13 minutes ago, visiopeia said:

I watched ep 12 and i have a question here...

Both guys cooked Samgaetang for the ladies but why the ladies thank Ki Beom for the delicious meal? Does it means the guys cooking fail and Ki Beom cooked it?

I think the girls thought that Ki Beom was the one who cooked the meal since it was delicious :D Maybe they are teasing the boys ;)

• Like 9