[Drama 2015] Super Daddy Yeol 슈퍼대디 열

larus

• Replies 523
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest twiiniie

Don't know if this has been answered but does someone knows the song in ep 9 when MR was looking through the picture files on the computer and was going to delete it? It feels like I've heard the song before, not from this drama.

After I've expressed my appreciation for this drama, I can't help taking my words back and jump into the bandwagon. Given the turn of events in the last two episodes, this drama is going downhill. I have no idea how the webtoon was concluded, but at this rate, any hopes of seeing the sun shining again have gone kaput. 

Some have said this Drama was going downhill, and I'm conflicted about whether to agree or not. For me, this Drama's been a giant stinking turd since day one, one that I endured only out of a sense of pained solidarity with poor LDG, once again being shafted by a miserable Mi Rae Drama. It's so bad that part of me thinks it can't go downhill at all. But the end of ep 10 proves that it it can. Now that's she's finally symptomatic and on her last legs, do we see a sudden outburst of honesty and human decency? OF COURSE NOT. We get the sleaziest, most deceitful form of noble idiocy instead. 
The Mi Rae character is as utterly unlikeable as both  Mi Raes from LDG's last Drama, with the added bonus that this time she's not just leading him on then kicking him in the teeth, she's also lying to her own daughter. This thing is such an ugly train wreck that its implosion is magnetic. How low will it go? We'll find out in the next 3 weeks.  >:)

stuartjmz said:
The Mi Rae character is as utterly unlikeable as both  Mi Raes from LDG's last Drama, with the added bonus that this time she's not just leading him on then kicking him in the teeth, she's also lying to her own daughter. This thing is such an ugly train wreck that its implosion is magnetic. How low will it go? We'll find out in the next 3 weeks.  >:)

urghhh.... why oh why... Super daddy Yeol.. I was rooting for you.. so much... but urghhh...I still love Yeol but my goodness, I think I am forever gonna out mirae in the stupidest and worst written and characterized female lead ever...  same with Mirae in Marry him if you dare... and I have watched countless dramas so me saying I hate her is understatement ...I equated her cruel and weird logic to tumor but now... urgghhhh.. she is beyond the tumor. She is downright the death of this drama for me...I think LDG needs to stay away from any mirae from here and until forever... 
so I say goodbye to this drama... I hate this, cause i super love LDG. but what's crap is crap... and Mirae if full written crap character...

So.. honestly , I don't know why I started watching this drama as I find sad endings pretty devastating to my psyche &  I was just getting over the ending of Shine or go Crazy..but I really like LDG & I thought that since I was going in with the thought that this was going to end badly, at least I would be prepared & wouldn't get my hopes up (at least not to much) I guess I am going to have to see how that works out, I'm scaring myself..
I just finished epidode 7 & at least it had a good ending (should I stop here?) I'm wary as I read the reviews of ep 9-10..
I do find Mi Rae to be majorly rude, however, is it only OK for the male leads to be rude in k-drama (and many of them have been just as bad, or worse than Mi Rae) I am sensing a bit of a double standard here (now I'm gonna get it, huh !)
At least as far as I have gotten in this drama, I am still sensing that Mi Rae does care for Han Yul, but then I also feel she has gone about doing everything wrong, cruelly wrong at times..I think too, that Sa Rang is really HY's child..every time she says she wants to leave Sa Rang " a dad ", I keep thinking we will soon see that she wants to leave Sa Rang  " her dad" and I think this will be my biggest issue if it turns out to be so, as I think a father deserves to know he has a child (unless maybe he is totally evil, which is the farthest from the truth here) Who would not want someone to love them as HY loves Mi Rae, he is a gem, just slightly roughcut..

As I know myself well, I will probly finish this drama, as I will have to have closure, good or bad, and after that, therapy..

Superdaddy Yeol: Episode 10 by Saya | April 16, 2015 | 11 Comments

sdy10-00455a.jpg

Looking your mortality in the face is never easy, and everyone has to face that abyss this hour. But as the probation period draws to a close, it’s also decision time for Mi-rae — an irony for the woman without a future. She has to force herself to look ahead and make a choice she can live with, at least until she dies, now equipped with the knowledge of how much she loves Yeol all over again.

The big questions remain, as ever, whether their tentative happiness can last and their makeshift family stay together, when the stakes are literally life and death. Read more Dramabeans

Mirae started with the sole goal of finding her daughter a father and all her actions were toward that end. So even when she was rude/aggressive, there was a logic to her behaviour. Now that she has finally fallen in love with Yeol again, and it seems, even more so than in the past, she has come to realise the consequences of her action on Yeol and that he is going to be very hurt and in great pain when the truth of her impending death is known. At this stage, it is too late to escape and let him think that she finds him less that 100% husband/father material, as shown in episode 10. She should honestly communicate with him and let him make his decision. Similarly, she should also be honest and tell him about Sa Rang.... whom I suspect is his biological child. Why else would she choose him and spend so much efforts to get him to agree to the 3-month trial marriage?  I pity Yeol and hope that he can really face the truths with courage and strength when he learns about Mirae's illness and Sa Rang's birth secret. Mirae also should prepare Sa Rang now.

The premise of this drama makes me run away from it, but; I like the male lead.  My hope is that Mirae can be honest with Yeol about her illness so they can have enough time to catch up  with their lives even do how short it will be.  I think she is making a big mistake of not letting her daughter knows about her condition.  Sarang need to understand at one point in her early age that her Mom will not be there for her.  
I need to watch this with eng sub to better understand what's going on.  
Thanks Soompir's for all your comments.
Good day to all!!!

chickfactor said: I rooted for Mirae, too. I can't defend her decision to not tell Yeol about her cancer, but at least I could understand it. She wanted him to want to be Sarang's father from his heart, and not just out of pity.
But this latest action just makes no sense. Not only is it cruel to Yeol, it's incredibly cruel to Sarang and Dr. Shin.
:(

40somethingahjumma said: chickfactor said: I rooted for Mirae, too. I can't defend her decision to not tell Yeol about her cancer, but at least I could understand it. She wanted him to want to be Sarang's father from his heart, and not just out of pity.
But this latest action just makes no sense. Not only is it cruel to Yeol, it's incredibly cruel to Sarang and Dr. Shin.
:(

Archived