[Drama 2015] Super Daddy Yeol 슈퍼대디 열

larus

• Title: 슈퍼대디 열 / Syupeodaedi Yeol (Syupudaedi Yul)
  • Genre: Family, comedy, romance
  • Episodes: 16
  • Broadcast network: tvN
  • Director: Song Hyun Wook
  • Screenwriter: Kim Kyung Se (김경세)

Synopsis

Doctor Cha Mi Rae (Lee Yu Ri), who has a young daughter, is diagnosed with a rare cancer. Informed by her doctor that she has about one year to live, she seeks out her first love Kim Yul (Lee Dong Gun) hoping to transform him into the best father possible for her daughter.

Cast: 

• Replies 523
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can't believe that I actually went to all the trouble of creating a thread for this atrocious Drama that ends in a couple of days, but I just had to. I am way too excited by the prospect of how amazingly awesomely awful its ending might be, and the thought of not being able to talk about that at soompi was just too much to bear! :D:D

Most especially I am eagerly waiting to see if the creative team behind MiRae 2, as I'm now calling this (abbreviated to SDWHY), will really set new record lows in the writing. For the last few weeks I've been gritting my teeth to get through the Drama because of a growing suspicion that the psychotically dishonest manipulator Mi Rae will be given a miracle cure. I decided I wanted to see if they would really stoop that low. Then they decided to up the stakes: First, they gave us  an entire episode dedicated to loudly and repeatedly proclaiming the same message - single DADS are useless and hopeless and an aberration of nature, only Mums are good enough. They then followed that up with the breathtaking climax to episode 14 which saw that very same useless no good waste of space single Dad lying injured/unconscious/??? on a beach. 

Now it is of course possible (and would be perfectly understandable) that scene had nothing to do with the "plot" and was simply LDG desperately faking his own death to get out of the show, the way the super smart corgi already did a few weeks ago. Lord knows, no one could blame the man if he tried. Nevertheless, I think it's a real possibility that the Drama might just go makjang on truly cosmic level by saving the Mum and killing the Dad! If they did, it would vault this Drama straight into my top 5 WTF elite list. So of course, I have to hang around to see "how low can you go?" Hence, I had to create this thread, for vict I mean viewers of the Drama to benefit from group therapy. 

Guest ororomunroe

I can't believe that I actually went to all the trouble of creating a thread for this atrocious Drama that ends in a couple of days, but I just had to. I am way too excited by the prospect of how amazingly awesomely awful its ending might be, and the thought of not being able to talk about that at soompi was just too much to bear! :D:D

Most especially I am eagerly waiting to see if the creative team behind MiRae 2, as I'm now calling this (abbreviated to SDWHY), will really set new record lows in the writing. For the last few weeks I've been gritting my teeth to get through the Drama because of a growing suspicion that the psychotically dishonest manipulator Mi Rae will be given a miracle cure. I decided I wanted to see if they would really stoop that low. Then they decided to up the stakes: First, they gave us  an entire episode dedicated to loudly and repeatedly proclaiming the same message - single DADS are useless and hopeless and an aberration of nature, only Mums are good enough. They then followed that up with the breathtaking climax to episode 14 which saw that very same useless no good waste of space single Dad lying injured/unconscious/??? on a beach. 

Now it is of course possible (and would be perfectly understandable) that scene had nothing to do with the "plot" and was simply LDG desperately faking his own death to get out of the show, the way the super smart corgi already did a few weeks ago. Lord knows, no one could blame the man if he tried. Nevertheless, I think it's a real possibility that the Drama might just go makjang on truly cosmic level by saving the Mum and killing the Dad! If they did, it would vault this Drama straight into my top 5 WTF elite list. So of course, I have to hang around to see "how low can you go?" Hence, I had to create this thread, for vict I mean viewers of the Drama to benefit from group therapy. 

​Welp. And here I thought I'd marathon this drama when it ended o.O

OT: which dramas are in your top 5 WTF elite list? 

​Topping my WTF list is Dr Jin, with Dr Stranger (aka Dr WTF) a close 2nd, followed by MHIYD, Summer Scent, and Secret Hotel. But SDWHY would easily tie MHIYD (Mirae1) already, and threaten the two medical monstrosities if it goes all the way. :D

On a more serious note, it's something of a shame the old thread wasn't carried over because if it had been, you would've been able to see the way even those who started out as fans and stayed defenders for a long time eventually gave up trying to pretend this Drama isn't a mountain of makjang merde. That might have helped inform your decision about whether or not to marathon it. 

Guest ororomunroe

​Topping my WTF list is Dr Jin, with Dr Stranger (aka Dr WTF) a close 2nd, followed by MHIYD, Summer Scent, and Secret Hotel. But SDWHY would easily tie MHIYD (Mirae1) already, and threaten the two medical monstrosities if it goes all the way. :D

On a more serious note, it's something of a shame the old thread wasn't carried over because if it had been, you would've been able to see the way even those who started out as fans and stayed defenders for a long time eventually gave up trying to pretend this Drama isn't a mountain of makjang merde. That might have helped inform your decision about whether or not to marathon it. 

​Secret Hotel was such a waste! I haven't seen the others.

I'll definitely check this thread in a week's time (if I still remember). You make it sound so interesting lol. I love reading about trainwrecks. I just don't like watching them :P

can someone translate episode 15 written preview

한열이 다쳤다는 말에
거침없이 비탈길 아래로 몸을 날리는 미래!

다신 떠나지 말라며 자신을 붙잡는 한열에게
미래는 항암치료를 받겠다고 하는데...!

주치의의 조언에 따라 미래는 항암 중에도
평소보다 더 바쁘고 행복하게 생활한다.
방감독의 은퇴로 후임 감독에 내정된 기태는
한열에게 1군 투수코치를 제안하고!

한열이 프레젠테이션을 통과해야
1군 투수코치 승인이 날 수 있단 얘길 들은
미래는 아픈 몸으로 무리하게 나섰다가
한열과 크게 싸우고 마는데...!

한편, 사랑이가 엄마 수술 성공을 위해
선발전에 나가려 홀로 연습 중임을 알게 된
한열과 미래는 중단하려 했던 항암치료를
다시 시도해보기로 마음을 다지고..!
...주치의로부터 뜻밖의 소식을 듣게 되는데..!

and heres the video preview

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r4sOvOYJo84

한편, 사랑이가 엄마 수술 성공을 위해
선발전에 나가려 홀로 연습 중임을 알게 된
한열과 미래는 중단하려 했던 항암치료를
다시 시도해보기로 마음을 다지고..!
...주치의로부터 뜻밖의 소식을 듣게 되는데..!

On the other hand, I love the mother has for surgery success
Taekwondo Qualification Tournament exit to the practice being alone know
Hanyeol and future chemotherapy was to be discontinued
Mince the heart to try again .. View!
... Are hearing the unexpected news from the doctor ...!

Even Google's translation strongly suggests the miracle cure option is coming: :"unexpected news from the doctor!" Not so very unexpected, I think. :D

This drama is sooo good.  Right now im sooooo sad.  Whatever the ending will be I will be happy that this was a good drama while it lasted T.T.

TT.TT.................

.........................TT.TT

I don't know if I would call this makjang. Makjang's are actually fun.

I was one of the sort-of defenders - as in, I cut Mirae a lot of slack because she was dying, and desperate to "make" a dad for her daughter. That, and also Yeol just put up with a lot of the abuse without complaint, so I just figured he was okay with it? It's not like he didn't know how she was.

Basically, I'm willing to put up with a lot of craziness as long as it entertains me.

But this stopped entertaining me a while ago, and just became stupid and frustrating. I no longer care what happens. Frogs could suddenly rain down from the sky and it would make more sense.

Despite all this, I actually enjoy the actors. I liked Lee Yuri from before, and LDG and the little girl are new to me, but they're pretty great. I can't blame them for this show turning into the hot mess that it is now.

​Me too. Reading this thread occasionally helped me to save my time. I will not watch this show but I am curious how it will end. :D

Topping my WTF list is Dr Jin, with Dr Stranger (aka Dr WTF) a close 2nd, followed by MHIYD, Summer Scent, and Secret Hotel. But SDWHY would easily tie MHIYD (Mirae1) already, and threaten the two medical monstrosities if it goes all the way. :D

​ OMG, that show gave me headaches (because I liked the original Japanese show) and made me laugh (reading the recaps at DB). This is topping my WTF list too.  I have been disappointed by many shows but not many gave me this feelings...

Facepalm Hand Gesture emoticon

Superdaddy Yeol: Episode 14

by Saya | May 1, 2015 | No Comments

sdy14-00267b.jpg

The focus is back on Mi-rae this episode — yup, and her choices, there’s no getting away from it. The show might as well be called “Mi-rae’s Choices”…oh wait. Okay, maybe “Stay With Him If You Dare”? Lee Yuri needs to always do comedy, because her timing and facial expressions make her a total hoot. I’d watch her crazy sparring all day, especially with Ji-hye and the baseball wives.

There are a ton of laughs this hour, even for the frustrated viewer, so let’s let our gripes go and down those jolly pills. Warrior Mi-rae ftw! Read more Dramabeans

http://www.dramabeans.com/2015/05/superdaddy-yeol-episode-14/

Missed most of the episode but i managed to see the ending more or less. It's Yul and Mi Rae's wedding and Sa Rang went to get something and found a box. It's a video that her mom recorded and there is also a lot of stuff. The drama ends with Yul and Mi Rae getting married. Since i missed most of the episode i could be wrong but considering Sa Rang crying during the video, MR isn't cured and they just decided to be happy with the time MR has left.

Huwaaaaaa... I am looking for the thread. It's here. A little bit confused with the temporary forum.

Can't believe the drama has ended. And also still can't believe with the last episode's rating.

Not knowing about what will happen tomorrow is part of living.

That's the lesson learn from this drama. The ending, for me.. still a little bit disappoint. But, yeah.. That's all the decision from the writer team.

Superb acting from Lee Ree!

This lee family will be missed.

Hope I can see them again in another drama. With better script and as family again of course.

Well, this giant turdfest has finally finished! The trusty team at Despatch sent a crew to the wrap party, and managed to catch LDG's reaction on video: 

Here's hoping the poor guy has learned his lesson: NEVER, EVER, EVER act in a Drama with a Mi Rae character. 

Superdaddy Yeol: Episode 15

by purplecow | May 5, 2015 | 5 Comments

It’s not easy working for a miracle, but Yeol and Mi-rae do their best. The whole family gathers around Mi-rae to support her through her sickness, and the love she receives keeps her going through her darkest times. Finally we see just how precious are the ties that Yeol and Mi-rae have made with their friends and colleagues, as everyone bands together to show their support. But though Yeol tries to put a smile on his face in front of his loved ones, it’s clear that his love for Mi-rae is practically all-consuming—her loss would devastate him. If there is no miracle in store for us, how will he avoid losing himself to grief? Read more http://www.dramabeans.com/2015/05/superdaddy-yeol-episode-15/

So I skipped a few in between and watched the finale. (So I don't understand what's going on with Dr. Shin's hair.)

It was fine. A proper, innocuous send-off. No one did anything violently offensive. It ends with a wedding. We could all write this episode with our eyes closed.

Mirae's surgery didn't work (cancer is spread too much), so Yeol lies to her for a while (is this ever a good idea?) - but she learns the truth. She vows to keep fighting anyway. They make it pretty clear that medically, it's hopeless, but it's nice to see her not give up. So it's realistic but still hopeful.

The final message is: we should all love each other today, because who knows what will happen tomorrow?

That's a lovely message, but it also reminded me that this couple was kept apart, and that this child was kept from her father for 10 years, because of her mother's incredible stubbornness. Which .... ha ha, yeah.

Well, better late than never, I guess.

(Did we ever learn why Mirae left Yeol in the first place?)

Kudos to all the actors, including the second leads. I don't think I've ever experienced such a disparity between how much I liked the actors vs. how much the rest of the show sucks.

I was so hooked on this

so much emotions

ilive for emotions :(

but for sad dramas i dont like to watch the last episode.  i cant handle 

T.T

i gotta say though the actress playing sarang did a super good job.  despite her age she blew me away

Archived