[Variety 2015] Three Meals A Day - Fishing Village 삼시세끼-어촌편 (tvN)

June 25, 2015

Cha Seung-won hints at return to cooking reality show

20150625csw.jpg

Actor Cha Seung-won on Thursday hinted that he may shoot another season of the hit variety show “Three Meals a Day.”

Cha, who is currently starring in the MBC period drama “Splendid Politics,” said that another season of the variety show is likely.

“I think the members might go for (another season) soon,” Cha said. 

Cha’s popularity was renewed in “Three Meals a Day: Fishing Village,” in which he displayed his culinary skills earning the nickname “Cha-jumma,” a mixture of his name and the Korean word for middle-aged woman. 

In the variety show, which is now in its third season, Cha starred with actors Yoo Hae-jin and Son Ho-joon who had to cook their meals using locally gathered ingredients. 

By Choi He-suk (cheesuk@heraldcorp.com)

• Replies 334
  • Created
  • Last Reply

June 29, 2015

Men cooking mesmerize Korean TV watchers in still male-dominated society

SEOUL, June 29 (Yonhap) -- Men cooking are the newest fixture on the Korean TV scene.

Following a whirlwind of reality shows depicting the glamorous lives of celebrities rearing their offspring, attention has now shifted to men cooking up dishes, ranging from simple recipes like fried kimchi rice to creative concoctions such as fried cream cheese topped with seedless grape and served with strawberry jam and balsamic vinegar.

While big-name male chefs such as Gordon Ramsay and Jamie Oliver have long flaunted their cooking skills in the global entertainment industry, the current fad is relatively new in South Korea where mother-like female chefs used to dominate TV cooking shows.

Actor Cha Seung-won is among the new breed of men who have won the heart of TV watchers with his solid cooking.

The 45-year-old, known for his charismatic and masculine acting, awed watchers by deftly churning up fried fish cake and seafood pizza in a makeshift seaside kitchen during the episodes of "Samsi Sekki," a reality show whose title translates to "three daily meals."

His superb cooking eventually earned him the nickname, "Chajumma," a compound of his family name Cha and the Korean word "ajumma," which refers to married middle-aged women who are seasoned homemakers. Buoyed by the newfound image, Cha has won endorsement deals from major food and beverage makers, including fast-food chain Lotteria and noodle maker Paldo.

AEN20150626004251320_01_i.jpg

In this file photo taken on Jan. 9, 2015, actor Cha Seung-won poses with red rubber globes during a press conference for "Samsi Sekki." Cha has emerged as one of the male cooks at the forefront of the "cooking men" craze. (Yonhap)

Restaurant franchise entrepreneur Paik Jong-won is another star leading the pack of male cuisiniers. Once better known as actress So Yoo-jin's husband, he has now built up a sturdy fandom on the back of his affable demeanor and easy-to-follow recipes for cooking novices.

In fact, his popularity is soaring at such a blistering pace that Google searches of him have outnumbered those of President Park Geun-hye at a time when the country is tackling the MERS outbreak. An index gauging the search frequency of their names showed that Paik's name reached 20, topping Park's 5 in May, according to Google Trends.

While Olive TV, a lifestyle channel run by conglomerate CJ, had previously aired survival-type cooking shows starring cooks of both genders, the focus has now substantially gravitated to male chefs. A popular series by cable channel JTBC, for instance, centers around eight male chefs vying to invent authentic dishes in 15 minutes.

The newfound craze surrounding male cooks has encouraged men to head to the kitchen, an area that is still largely managed by women even in modern day Korea.

Ahn Ji-hoon is one of them. The 29-year-old took up cooking classes with two other male colleagues after watching episodes of "Samsi Sekki."

"I wasn't interested in cooking at all. But after seeing male celebrities cooking, I wanted to master at least one or two special dishes," he said, adding that he has cooked up dishes like deep-fried shrimp with spicy sauce for his family after taking the lesson.

The Seoul office worker is not alone. Market data indicate a rise in interest in cooking among Korean men.

G Market saw purchases of kitchen utensils by male shoppers jump 31 percent on-year in the past month, with their sales accounting for nearly one-third of the total. AK Mall, another online shopping mall, reported a 130 percent spike in sales of kitchen utensils and dishware in the male segment in February, compared with a 36 percent rise in the female segment.

Food and beverage makers view the trend as an opportunity to bolster marketing. CJ Cheiljedang, for instance, opened cooking classes exclusively for men, with three streams targeting single men, married men and one dedicated to working fathers and their children.

"The cooking class was our first attempt to apply the emerging trend of men cooking. It was a huge success, with applications reaching 10-fold of the available spots in some cases," said Kim Min-kyung, a CJ Cheiljedang official who launched the classes, adding the company plans to provide additional classes going forward.

Trend watchers and sociologists say the "men cooking" phenomenon may offer a glimpse into the Korean society where traditional gender roles are changing as women are increasingly becoming breadwinners and subsequently redefining conventional household roles with their partners.

South Korea has seen a sharp rise in the women labor force in the past years, which has expanded the social and economic boundaries of women. In 2014, the portion of economically active women and the female employment rate soared to a record high of 51.3 percent and 49.5 percent each.

"It's a matter of survival for men. Men are starting to realize that a concrete divide in traditional gender roles can actually become a disadvantage, which is why they are also trying to expand their roles," said Lee Na-Young, a sociology professor at Chung-ang University in Seoul.

"Longer life expectancy means that men have to stay at home for a longer time after retirement. It's an issue that many men fret about and for them, cooking is one way to overcome that anxiety," she added, explaining that cooking can help them bond with their families as well as cater to their everyday need for eating.

AEN20150626004251320_02_i.jpg

Single men who live on their own are shown taking cooking classes in a May session organized by CJ Cheiljedang, the food and beverage making affiliate of South Korean conglomerate CJ. (Photo courtesy of the company)

But at the same time, some say that the buzz may ironically represent persistent hurdles facing Korean women in a society where C-suite jobs are dominated by men and gender pay gaps are the biggest among member countries of the Organization for Economic Cooperation and Development.

Annual data on Koreans' time use showed that while men on average spend 47 minutes on household chores each day, their spouses spend over three hours on the daily tasks, according to Statistics Korea. While the time spent by men is 9 minutes longer compared with five years ago, it still falls short of what their partners put in.

"I don't think gender roles at home have really changed. But at least when I see male chefs cooking, I feel that it is not a menial household chore. It becomes something professional," said Hwang Soo-young, a 30-year-old female fan of those cooking shows.

Cynthia Yoo, a contributor to lifestyle media luv.kr, who writes about the Korean food and media scene, said the growing popularity of these shows is likely to be confined to the entertainment industry.

"Most people watch these shows to be entertained. I'm not sure if these shows reflect wider social changes. In most households, women still do the cooking and only a few men bother to help out," she said, partly attributing the recent craze to a change in audience demographics.

While stay-at-home wives who want to learn cooking were the main audience in the past, the watchers have expanded into a bigger group that includes one-person households and single men, who deem cooking as a weekend or after-work leisure activity, according to Yoo.

But at least for the culinary novice Ahn, those TV shows were what kindled his interest in cooking and household work.

"I'm not sure if the trend will prompt men who didn't do any household work to start doing so. But these programs will make them start cooking at least on the weekends. As for me, I plan to share cooking and cleaning chores with my future partner."

mil@yna.co.kr

• 2 weeks later...

Na PD "Three Meals a Day Fishing Village Season 2 future broadcast plan is under review "

20150616_1434432044_52533500_1_99_201507

source : tvReport(in korean)

Just saw the news trending on naver. Seems like I always see Na PD interview articles trending on naver every week nowadays. I only translated the title news using google translator and naver translator because I haven't found the news in english yet.

In my opinion, It's most likely there will be season 2 looking the reception of season 1 that was very good. As long as Chajumma still on the boat, I think we'll see TMAD fishing village soon :D Can't wait to see Chajumma amazing cooking skill again!

July 18, 2015

Yoo Hae Jin Wants to Recruit Yoo Ah In For “Three Meals a Day”

Soompi

veteran.png

Actor Yoo Hae Jin said that he would like to bring Yoo Ah In to Manjae Island.

On the July 17 live broadcast of “Naver Movie Talk Live,” the cast of the movie “Veteran,” actors Hwang Jung Min, Yoo Ah In, Yoo Hae Jin, Oh Dal Soo, and Jang Yoon Ju, were in attendance, as well as director Ryu Seung Wan.

On this day, Yoo Hae Jin was asked whether there was anyone from the cast of “Veteran” that he would like to bring to Manjae Island for the tvN variety show “Three Meals a Day.” He responded that he would bring Yoo Ah In to the island, since they spent a lot of time on the movie set for “Veteran,” as an office worker and his boss. He said, “I did not spend a lot of time with Hwang Jung Min and the others during the filming of the movie, but since I filmed a lot of scenes with Yoo Ah In, and since he is younger than me, I think that I would feel pretty comfortable being with him on the island.”

Meanwhile, “Veteran” is a movie about a police force chasing an arrogant grandchild of a conglomerate, scheduled to open in theaters on August 5.

Source (1)

• 3 weeks later...

August 4, 2015

Will ‘3 Meals – Fishing  Village’ come back? “Cha Seung Won and Yoo Hae Jin are working with schedules”

Source: Innolife.com

15206_1.jpg

tvN announced careful stance toward ‘3 Meals – Fishing  Village’. That it is true that actor Cha Seung-Won and Yoo Hae-Jin are working with the schedule, but there’s nothing decided. 

On August 4th, tvN announced, “It is true that ‘3 Meals’ is thinking of ‘Fishing  Village’ series, but there is nothing decided for sure. We are working with schedules with Cha Seung-Won and Yoo Hae-Jin, but we couldn’t decide on the exact time and location.” Trip to Manjae-do in September is almost impossible.

‘3 Meals – Fishing  Village’ is a spin-off program of ‘3 Meals,’ and it brought great attention with broadcasting from January 23rd to March 20th. Cha Seung-Won drew great attention with his great cooking skill, and Yoo Hae-Jin showed off attraction with humor and frankness.

There were endless requests for season 2 of ‘3 Meals – Fishing  Village’. However, tvN announced, “‘3 Meals – Fishing  Village season 2’ is one of many possibilities.”

August 4, 2015

Cha Seung Won and Yoo Hae Jin to Return in “Three Meals a Day – Fishing Village”

Soompi

3mealsaday.png

It was revealed on August 4 that two of the biggest stars of “Three Meals a Day – Fishing Village” will return in the next season. According to the related personnel, Cha Seung Won and Yoo Hae Jin will be filming another season of “Three Meals a Day” at a fishing village. It is reported that the filming location still has not been decided yet; the show may or may not return to the Jeonnam Manjae Island where the first season was filmed.

While the precise filming schedule is not yet set, it is said that Cha Seung Won and Yoo Hae Jin are trying to adjust their schedules in order to be able to film this.

“Three Meals a Day – Fishing Village” is another edition of the original “Three Meals a Day,” which is filmed on a farm in Jeongseon. The first season of “Three Meals A Day – Fishing Village” was extremely popular, due to Cha Seung Won’s amazing cooking skills and Yoo Hae Jin’s down-to-earth personality.

Source (1)

• 2 weeks later...
Guest ashoooooooooo88

Guys please , i want to watch this show soooooooooooooooooo bad , Where can i watch it with eng sub of course ^^ ?

i tried sooooo many times & all what i find is the show ( with 2pm's  Teacyon) but i don't like that ver i like this ver of the show more

But where can i watch it online with eng sub ?

i read somewhere that the show aired (internationally) in Channel M with English sub, but nobody recorded it

• Guest featured and unfeatured this topic
  • 2 weeks later...

August 26, 2015

‘My Refrigerator’ tops cooking show category: Gallup

JTBC variety program, “Please Take Care of My Refrigerator,” grabbed the No. 1 spot in the category of cooking programs, Gallup Korea said Wednesday, citing its survey of 1,003 people aged 19 or older.

Other cooking programs included in the top-tier ranks were “Three Meals a Day” and “House Cook Master Baek.” 

In the general category, Koreans’ favorite TV programs turned out to be MBC reality show “Infinite Challenge,” followed by KBS2 child-rearing program “The Return of Superman.” 

“Please Take Care of My Refrigerator” is a cooking variety show featuring famous chefs including Hong Seok-cheon, Choi Hyun-seok, Sam Kim and Lee Won-il. The chefs compete to present food in 15 minutes using the ingredients available in one of the guests’ refrigerators. It airs every Monday at 9:40 p.m.

By Lee Hye-won (hyewonlee@heraldcorp.com)

August 26, 2015

Son Ho Joon May Appear in Season Two of “Three Meals a Day – Fishing Village”

Source: Soompi

son-ho-joon-800x450.jpg

“Three Meals a Day” just can’t have enough of Son Ho Joon, and fans might be seeing the actor on the show again in the near future.

On August 27, the actor’s managing agency said, “Nothing has been confirmed regarding the second season of ‘Three Meals a Day – Fishing Village.’ We’re currently thinking of focusing on acting for ‘Mrs. Cop.’ If we can manage schedules, he’ll be joining.”

“We are currently tuning filming schedules with Son Ho Joon. There is a high possibility of him joining,” a tvN insider stated. “We still need to adjust schedules with the staff of the drama Son Ho Joon is currently filming.”

Meanwhile, “Three Meals a Day – Fishing Village” is a spin-off of “Three Meals a Day – Jeongseon.” The fishing village edition previously starred Son Ho Joon, Cha Seung Won, and Yoo Hae Jin.

Would you like to see him back on the show?

Source (1)

August 31, 2015

ZE:A′s Park Hyung Sik to Appear as Guest on ′Three Meals - Fishing Village′

CJ E&M enewsWorld Kim, JiYeon

ZE:A′s Park Hyung Sik will be appearing as a guest on tvN′s Three Meals - Fishing Village edition. 

Regarding Three Meals, CJ E&M′s production team stated on August 31, "Park Hyung Sik will be making a guest appearance. Whether he′ll be a regular member hasn′t been decided."

97279003.jpg

Many are curious to see what sides the actor and singer will show on Three Meals - Fishing Village. 

However, Three Meals - Fishing Village season one fixed member Song Ho Jun′s appearance is still up in the air. The production team stated, "Son Ho Jun is still re-arranging his schedule." 

Scheduling Son Ho Jun′s appearance has become increasingly difficult with his filming schedule for SBS drama Mrs. Cop overlapping with Three Meals. 

Meanwhile, Three Meals - Fishing Village garnered immense popularity rivaling Three Meals - Jeongseon, thanks to Cha Seung Won and Yu Hae Jin, recording a 13.9 viewer rating. 

Photo credit: eNEWS24 DB

Park Hyung-sik and Son Ho-jun to make guest appearance in ‘Three Meals a Day’

Actors Park Hyung-sik and Son Ho-jun will appear as guests in tvN’s outdoor cooking program, “Three Meals a Day -- Fishing village 2.”

Until recently, Park acted side-by-side with girl group After School’s Uee in SBS TV drama, “High Society.” Son is currently the male lead in another SBS show, “Mrs. Cop.”

Early morning reports said Park and Son would become regular members of the television variety show. CJ E&M, however, later announced that Park is to appear as a guest and Son is currently sorting out his schedule.

Original members Cha Seung-won, whose moniker in the program is “Chajumma” due to his culinary deftness, and Yoo Hae-jin will remain unchanged.

The filming for “Three Meals a Day -- Fishing village 2” will begin on Sept. 5 on Manjaedo Island in South Jeolla Province’s Shinan-gun. It is slated to air in October.

By Lim Jeong-yeo (kaylalim@heraldcorp.com)

source : http://kpopherald.koreaherald.com/view.php?ud=201508311328208111852_2

------

Park Hyung Shik to guest on 'Three Meals a Day-Fishing Village'

hh1e.jpg

hh12.jpg

Xports News - Naver: '3MAD' reps "Park Hyung joins as a guest, Son Ho Joon's casting is still in the works"

1. [+4,235, -313] Invite Lee Seo Jin and Ok Taecyeon to guest

2. [+2,124, -120] I'm more eager to watch Chajumma cook than all these talks about guests

3. [+1,853, -83] Can't wait for Chambada-ssi

4. [+2,213, -1,070] I want Son Ho Joon to come back!!!!

5. [+1,136, -491] Ridiculous how y'all were whining when BoA guested but cheer on your oppa the moment he joins the show ㅎㅎㅎ These stans are hopeless

6. [+526, -257] Why do they keep casting the boring Son Ho Joon? Young Seok-ah, get your richard simmons together

7. [+298, -101] Son Ho Joon's boring and lacks energy, why do they keep recruiting him? The dude's always zoned out

8. [+302, -114] Park Hyung Shik as a fixed member in place of Ho Joon

9. [+273, -100] Son Ho Joon, don't bother doing it.. You're too boring to watch

Nate

1. [+463, -64] Ho Joon should come back

2. [+458, -75] Despite lacking variety skills and does chores silently, I much prefer Son Ho Joon

3. [+37, -5] Thank goodness Park Hyung Shik's only a guest. Still not excited though.. Son Ho Joon fits 3MAD better

4. [+34, -8] Park Hyung Shik is so-so. Can't they just re-cast Son Ho Joon? He has zero variety skills but he's a far better choice than Hyung Shik.

source :http://kkuljaem.blogspot.ca/2015/08/park-hyung-shik-to-guest-on-three-meals.html

• 2 weeks later...

September 16, 2015

Son Ho-jun to join ‘Three Meals A Day’

It has been confirmed that actor Son Ho-jun will join tvN’s outdoor cooking show, “Three Meals A Day -- Fishing Village” as a regular panelist along with actors Yu Hae-jin and Cha Seung-won. 

The program is scheduled to start in October. 

On Sept. 5, the shooting for the program started on Manjaedo Island in South Jeolla Province, which Son missed because of his drama schedule. 

He will visit Manjaedo and start shooting as soon as he finishes filming for the drama.

The exact airdate is yet to be determined. 

By Lee Hye-won (hyewonlee@heraldcorp.com)

September 16, 2015

Son Ho Joon Confirmed to Join “Three Meals a Day” Fishing Village Special 2

Source: Soompi

son-ho-joon-2.jpg

Actor Son Ho Joon is set to reunite with Cha Seung Won and Yoo Hae Jin for the second fishing village special of “Three Meals a Day.”

While previous reports claimed that Son Ho Joon has turned down the offer due to scheduling conflicts, the actor has now confirmed his appearance after organizing his drama schedule for “Mrs. Cop” to fit a trip to the fishing village. He will join the filming taking place on Manjae Island in early or mid-October.

Meanwhile, the two original cast members and new face ZE:A’s Park Hyung Sik have already made their successful first trip to the island. The anticipated second season of the tvN variety show is expected to premiere at the end of October.

Source (1) (2)

looking forward to S2. S1 was amazing and it got me hooked on 3MAD. frankly speaking, fishing village has it so much tougher than farm. i really feel sorry for them when i watched farm 3MAD. of cos, farm has to do a lot of planting and weeding and harvesting. but fishing village is like being abandon to fight battle with mother nature during winter!

Cha Seung Won was amazing, such a calm and collected man with cooking skills to impress audiences. is there anything he can't cook given the harsh conditions? impress to the max. as for Yoo Hae Jin, he is a perfect match to Cha. not everything is going his way but he still persists. Son Ho Joon is like the son who follows papa and mama. hope that he will loosen up this S2, cos i find him rather "stone" in variety (even when he was guest for farm 3MAD).

Guys please , i want to watch this show soooooooooooooooooo bad , Where can i watch it with eng sub of course ^^ ?

i tried sooooo many times & all what i find is the show ( with 2pm's  Teacyon) but i don't like that ver i like this ver of the show more

But where can i watch it online with eng sub ?

i read somewhere that the show aired (internationally) in Channel M with English sub, but nobody recorded it

hello, pls try this sites but I don't know if I can post it in here...I will send in your pm...much better:)

Archived