[Variety 2015] Three Meals A Day - Fishing Village 삼시세끼-어촌편 (tvN)

Guest turtle_tats

Watching the cfs the interaction must be good between the members. I wish they will really sub 3 meals fishing village.  :-S

• Replies 334
  • Created
  • Last Reply

March 16, 2015

Entertainment actors to compete on the big screen

Actors in the entertainment biz are coming back to the big screen.

Yoo Hae-jin, Kim Joo-hyeok, Cha Tae-hyeon, Im Won-hee, Lee Gwang-soo and other variety show stars are coming out with new movies. They have build up a friendly image through these shows and will they be able to continue that popularity with movies, too?

Yoo Hae-jin who recently joined the entertainment group, is the most anticipated. He's been frequently seen in the tvN show "Three Meals A Day" which currently has the number 1 viewing rate. This actor is coming back in May with the criminal movie "Veteran" and starts filming another movie called "It's Him".

Actor Yoo Hae-jin has been seen in various types of movies before but the fact that he's currently more popular makes anticipation that much more. His performance in "Three Meals A Day" has led to his role in a telecommunications advertisement and many say the results of the movie will be different as well.

Kim Joo-hyeok and Cha Tae-hyeon who are seen every Sunday evening on a ground wave TV show as well as Lee Gwang-soo and Im Won-hee might have felt the risk of losing their images as actors.

Kim Joo-hyeok is coming back with "House Full of Happiness" in June, followed by "My Friendly Villains", a black comedy. His image from "1 Night 2 Days" is completely different in movies. "House Full of Happiness" has been rumored to have a high quality scenario even before it started being made and it's also being considered for foreign publishing.

Cha Tae-hyeon and Lee Gwang-soo are using their images from the TV shows. The "1 Night 2 Days" and "Running Man" star are coming back with "My New Sassy Girl" and "The Mutant". Im Won-hee's "Three Summer Nights" is also a comedy flick.

Anticipation rises. Yoo Hae-jin's Sim Entertainment claims that there has been a considerable increase in teenage to early 20s fans since his appearance in "Three Meals A Day".

March 17, 2015

Na Young-suk with Korean rice wine

PYH2015031800940031500_P2.jpg
Na Young-suk (L) attends an event in Goyang City, Gyeonggi Province, in Seoul on March 17, 2015, to promote the Korean rice wine makgeolli. Na has produced the cable television channel tvN's variety show "Three Meals a Day," the story of three men struggling to survive on meals made only with foodstuffs from a remote fishing village. (Yonhap) (END)

March 18, 2015

Na Young Suk PD “I planned of ‘3 Meals – Fishing Village’ after meeting Cha Seung Won”

Source: Innolife

13727_1.jpg
Na Yeong-Seok talked about the behind story of ‘3 Meals – Fishing Village’.

At professor Seo Gyeong-Deok’s talk concert ‘Makgeoli Travelers Season 2’ held at a restaurant in Gyeonggi-do, Na Yeong-Seok revealed, “I planned of ‘3 Meals – Fishing Village’ after meeting Cha Seung-Won.”

Na Yeong-Seok PD said, “I met Cha Seung-Won, introduced by someone in private, and I saw him very friendly an talkative. He was so different from what I thought of him. And I asked him if he can cook well, and he told me so. I didn’t thought of his skill a lot then, but started to wonder if I can show his different image to the public. And I started to plan ‘3 Meals – Fishing Village’.”

March 20, 2015 ‘Three Meals A Day – Fishing Village’ Members Have Their Last Feasts
Source: BNTNews
9v4lf286ga1judizk1oqemzm65ec7sw5.jpg
[by Park Seul Gi, translated by Woorim Ahn] The last feast of ‘Three Meals A Day – Fishing Village’ will be unveiled. 
On the upcoming episode of tvN ‘Three Meals A Day – Fishing Village’, Cha Seung Won, Yoo Hae Jin, Son Ho Joon, Sanche and Bul Ee gathered at a place and talked during their meal time. 
In the episode, they met after two months of their lives in Manjae Island. Three members will meet each other and tell behind-the-scene stories of the program. Moreover, Sanche and Bul Ee’s growth process will be depicted. 
The last feasts that they had were all cooked by ‘Chef Cha’ Cha Seung Won. He made a stew and stir-fried sausage and vegetable and caught Yoo Hae Jin and Son Ho Joon’s appetites. 
The staff of the program said, “There were so many inquiries from the audience that they wanted to see Sanche and Bul Ee. So we were looking for a place where we can take both of them, and we decided to gather at the staff’s house in Seoul. Please send lots of support to the last episode.”
Meanwhile, ‘Three Meals A Day – Fishing Village’ will finish to air on March 20 and ‘Grandpas Over Flowers’ will air from March 27. (photo by tvN)

March 21, 2015
‘Chajumma’ signs ad deals
By Sung So-young INSIDE Korea JoongAng Daily

Actor Cha Seung-won has signed numerous TV commercial deals after he appeared on the reality TV show “Three Meals a Day,” according to YG Entertainment, the actor’s agency. 
“After he earned the nickname ‘Chajumma,’ he’s been receiving requests from advertisers,” the agency said. 
Chajumma is a coined word combining Cha’s first name and ajumma, a Korean word meaning middle-aged married woman. 
The 45-year-old actor earned the nickname because of the versatile cooking techniques he showed on the TV show. 
While living on a remote island, located in Korea’s South Sea, the actor made all kinds of foods imaginable, from pizza topped with freshly caught seafood to Chinese spicy noodles to baked bread, all with the minimum number of utensils and without electronic appliances such as an oven or microwave. 
Cha has recently endorsed carbonated drinks, instant noodles, sports clothing and mobile games. 
The actor will return to the screen in April. He will play the role of Gwanghaegun, or Prince Gwanghae, one of the rulers of Korea’s Joseon Dynasty (1392-1910) in the upcoming period drama series “Hwajeong.” 
Cha will team up with other actors including Kim Jae-won of “May Queen” (2012) and actress Lee Yeon-hee of “Miss Korea” (2014). 

March 20, 2015
Cha Seung-won in 'Seoul Fashion Week F/W 2015'
2015032012561324615_1.jpg
Actor Cha Seung-won walks down the runway for "Seoul Fashion Week F/W 2015" at Dongdaemun Design Plaza in Seoul on March 20, 2015. (Yonhap) (END)

class="entry-title" style="border: 0px; font-family: Raleway, 'Helvetica Neue', Arial, Helvetica, 'Nimbus Sans L', sans-serif; font-size: 2.5rem; font-weight: inherit; margin: 0px 70px 0px 0px; outline: 0px; padding: 0px; vertical-align: baseline; clear: both; line-height: 1.17; color: rgb(74, 74, 74); widows: 1; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);"Three Meals A Day (Fishing Village) (ep6): HighlightsPOSTED ON MARCH 7, 2015 BY SAB | NEKOSDRAMA

We are past the halfway mark of Three (Fishing) – gosh, where has all the time gone to?! I notice that there hasn’t been any lady guests invited into Chajumma’s abode, is it cos the living conditions are unconducive? The house is smaller than Seo-jinnie’s spacious hanok-farmhouse. And maybe camping with 3 guys is a little inconvenient. Even then, I hope Na PD can coninvite a female guest to appear in a 1N2D at Three (Fishing).

[tvN] 삼시세끼 어촌편.E06.150227.HDTV.H264.720p-WITH[(002734)23-45-44]

1) Jung-woo and the cockroach

More of Jung-woo and his antics in ep6. After an uneventful fish dinner, he (and Ho-joon) helps Chajumma wash the dishes. I dunno if he finds standing up and bending at a 90 deg angle comfortable, but he did that for the whole nearly half-hour wash. And complains later of a backache. (duh…)

[tvN] 삼시세끼 어촌편.E06.150227.HDTV.H264.720p-WITH[(004302)23-43-56]

His night spent in the village didn’t go as peacefully as he hoped, even though he had with him his lucky-hearts pyjamas. (i’m serious, it’s the first time i see a guy wearing such revoltingly cute PJs to sleep) Firstly, Jung-woo is horrified to see that his room is chocked full with cameras. He tried looking for a blind spot, but is unsuccessful, so he ends up juz changing in front of the cams. (appreciative nod to Na PD, thank you!)

[tvN] 삼시세끼 어촌편.E06.150227.HDTV.H264.720p-WITH[(007416)23-44-37]

But Jung-woo’s trials are not limited to the cameras. Halfway through the night, he suddenly bolts awake…cos there’s a FLYING COCKROACH in the room! (ok, everyone… scream!!!!)

Mr Cockroach chooses to land on the wall juz above Jung-woo’s head, and the two guys (Ho-joon, who is sharing a room with him, and is awaken by the commotion)…juz stood there for HOURS looking at the cockroach. Not that they are admiring how huge and ugly Mr Cockroach is — it’s cos nobody dared to catch that bug.

It’s kinda hilarious to see Ho-joon equipping himself with gloves, a plastic bag, a rolled-up newspapers…and then basically continue to stare at the cockroach, while holding all the “weapons” in his hands. Jung-woo stands next to him, gaping the whole while. (i dunno who is worse)

[tvN] 삼시세끼 어촌편.E06.150227.HDTV.H264.720p-WITH[(017222)23-46-06]

Finally, either Ho-joon is tired of waiting for Mr Cockroach to make its first move or he finally realises how ridiculous they look — he takes action. And we have like a few minutes of the guys yelping around in fright as the cockroach (after getting whacked) drops to the floor and tries to scrabble away. (you know how these buggers are…they are seriously hard to kill)

Thankfully, the result is Ho-joon 1: Cockroach 0. But poor Ho-joon loses a whole night sleep cos of the cockroach hunt — and he has to be up at 4am to catch the fishing boat out to sea with Papa Yoo…while Jung-woo continues his beauty snooze post-(cockroach) adventure.

2) No Fish, No Clams

Poor Ho-joonie. Not only does he get insufficient shut-eye, thanks to Jung-woo and cockroach, but he doesn’t have any luck with fishing too. (ok, he manages to hook a crab on his first attempt…but that’s all)

[tvN] 삼시세끼 어촌편.E06.150227.HDTV.H264.720p-WITH[(023303)23-47-11]

That black thingy there — it’s a crab.

So Ho-joon falls back on the tried and tested Manjae-do’s free meal — digging clams from the rocks. Only to lose the whole bucket of clams to an incoming wave. Bye clams, you are lucky you aren’t someone’s lunch today.

[tvN] 삼시세끼 어촌편.E06.150227.HDTV.H264.720p-WITH[(039832)23-50-03]

But, aww….poor Ho-joonie…

3) Jung-woo the Kitchen “Help”

Since Ho-joon has to accompany Papa Yoo on his (unsuccessful) fishing escapade, that leaves only Jung-woo to help Chajumma. Throughout the morning, the most common phrase heard was “Jung-woo ah…!” :P

[tvN] 삼시세끼 어촌편.E06.150227.HDTV.H264.720p-WITH[(029285)23-47-46]

Given that he’s a greenhorn, Chajumma gives him the easiest task to start off his morning — lighting the fire in the yard. And to ensure that there is sufficient hand-holding for the newbie, Chajumma rattles off a string of commands on how to arrange the wood, stuff the kindling paper, etc into the stove, before lighting it. Jung-woo performs the fire task satisfactorily. His next task — pull out 4 large cabbages — also goes without a hitch (but of cos, Chajumma gives detailed instructions on what to pull out from the ground this time…remember the carrot/ginger ep?)

[tvN] 삼시세끼 어촌편.E06.150227.HDTV.H264.720p-WITH[(033835)23-48-15]

Having a leetle bit more confidence in Jung-woo’s instruction-taking ability (and Na PD tells Chajumma that Jung-woo has been staying on his own in Seoul for more than a decade), Chajumma promotes him from Yard Boy to Kitchen Help. First official kitchen assignment: cut onions. Simple enough task.

[tvN] 삼시세끼 어촌편.E06.150227.HDTV.H264.720p-WITH[(036458)23-48-44]

Unfortunately, when Chajumma checks in on Jung-woo’s performance 10 mins later, he finds to his horror that Jung-woo has mutilated the onion. So Jung-woo gets the boot immediately, and is demoted back to being Yard Boy. Poor onion… I mean, poor Jung-woo. :P

4) Chajumma goes home

When the wives of the households return to their mothers for 2D1N sleep-overs, who are the happiest? Yup, the husbands.

[tvN] 삼시세끼 어촌편.E06.150227.HDTV.H264.720p-WITH[(053459)23-50-55]

Though in this case, Chajumma returns home not to his mum, but to his daughter. During the filming, he remembers that his daughter’s birthday is approaching, and demands to return to Seoul in order to celebrate it with her. For the record, it’s a 20h trip back to Seoul…and Chajumma only gets to spend 2 measly hours with his precious before he has to hurry back to Manjae-do to complete filming. (aww, Super Dad) Papa Yoo is rather sweet too — before Chajumma departs, he stuffs some loose change he has into Chajumma’s hands, as a simple birthday present for his daughter.

[tvN] 삼시세끼 어촌편.E06.150227.HDTV.H264.720p-WITH[(057966)23-52-36]

I think Cha Seung-won rather loves his Chajumma moniker. He is totally into the Ahjumma role as he prepares tonnes of cabbage kimchi before his departure for his hubby and son’s dinner/ breakfast following morning. As though he is worried he will find a pair of skeletons when he returns the next day. (and it really is a huge basin of cabbage kimchi…enough to last 2 people for a week or maybe a month)

[tvN] 삼시세끼 어촌편.E06.150227.HDTV.H264.720p-WITH[(062880)23-52-57]

Then along the way to the pier and even as the boat pulls away, Chajumma is nagging his hubby and son to “look after the house”, “look after themselves”, “make sure to eat”, “remember I taught you (Ho-joon) how to prepare the simple fried rice”, “remember to clean up after you eat”, “make sure you don’t mess up the house while I’m away”….(and that’s like only 5% of what I remembered) Later during the evening, and the following morning, Chajumma calls Ho-joon from Seoul to “check on the situation at the house”. :P

5) When the cat is away…the mouse comes out to play

Or maybe in this case, to sleep. First thing which the guys do — without Chajumma ordering them around — is to laze around the house. Ho-joon catches up on his sleep and Papa Yoo typically potters around. Thus the afternoon passes by rather quickly.

[tvN] 삼시세끼 어촌편.E06.150227.HDTV.H264.720p-WITH[(068977)23-53-57]

And soon, it’s dinner time. Adventurous (or over zealous) Papa Yoo initially suggests mussels soup to Ho-joon, then remembers that mussels need a long time to prepare. So he changes it to daikon (radish) soup — then remembers it needs a stock. So the soup gets downgraded eventually to…cabbage soup. Flavoured with daejeong. Which nearly ended in a disaster, as Papa Yoo takes turns to scoop in dollaps of salty daejeong, then realises the soup is too salty, then throws in water, then realises again it’s turned bland, then more daejeong, then more water…and the cycle repeats. The end product is daejeong flavoured water.

[tvN] 삼시세끼 어촌편.E06.150227.HDTV.H264.720p-WITH[(087612)23-59-57]

Second bright idea for dinner is to have raw fish bibimbap for staple. Raw fish, so that they need not bother cooking the fish. However, Papa Yoo forgets that there’s no Chajumma to help him kill the live fish that evening. So his alternative? Let the fish freeze/ suffocate to death naturally. Which didn’t work. Turns out Manjae-do’s fish are as tough as Manjae-do’s cockroaches.

[tvN] 삼시세끼 어촌편.E06.150227.HDTV.H264.720p-WITH[(094551)00-01-20]

So we have a repeat of Taec’s eel killing episode, only this time, it’s 3 fish. I really pitied the poor things being scaled and skinned and gutted — barely, but still alive. Chajumma’s approach to whack them dead beforehand is far more humane than Papa Yoo’s panicky massacre. What’s more, Papa Yoo’s initial attempts to debone and fillet them failed. (Ho-joon nearly rips his mouth apart with a mouthful of fishbones later in the meal.) Thankfully, Papa Yoo manages to get the hang of filleting eventually, and is comically proud that he has completed his sashimi course “with flying colors”. (but, i still pitied the fish) Ho-joon has better luck preparing the sour-spicy dipping sauce, and it’s quite comical when he goes around asking the crew to try out the daejeong “soup” and his dipping sauce…and no one dares to volunteer as guinea pig.

[tvN] 삼시세끼 어촌편.E06.150227.HDTV.H264.720p-WITH[(100606)00-02-15]

Three (Fishing) first ever really simple fare.

Next morning’s breakfast isn’t any better. Ho-joon tries out Chajumma’s simple recipe for fried rice, only to annoy Papa Yoo cos he’s cutting the veg toooo slowly. So the fried rice ends up with only kimchi and some zuchinnis and onions — of which 25% are tossed out of the pan when Papa Yoo attempts Chajumma’s iconic pan-flick.  

[tvN] 삼시세끼 어촌편.E06.150227.HDTV.H264.720p-WITH[(143314)00-08-56]

After breakfast, it’s a mad scramble to straighten out the house to Chajumma’s liking before his arrival. Despite all their efforts, Chajumma’s first comment when he scans thru the house is “WHAT HAVE YOU BOTH DONE??!” And the two guilty parties stand there looking mightily scared.

6) San-je, Bee and the villagers’ pets

No Three Meals series is ever complete without a mention of the household’s pets. Bee has developed a strong liking to Ho-joon’s fingers, and treats them like her personal hotdogs whenever he is around. Those with kittens in the house will know that young cats love to nibble and lick fingers.

[tvN] 삼시세끼 어촌편.E06.150227.HDTV.H264.720p-WITH[(070032)23-54-52]

Bee isn’t so amused with the bunny toy…

As for San-je, he has gotten a little bigger and uses his size shamelessly to boss poor Bee around. He especially loves to chase Bee and mock bites her in wrestling matches. And being the greedy pup that he is, he decides the best way to Bee’s dinner (which is now served in her cardboard nest, to deter San-je from stealing) is to bite and tunnel a way through the cardboard to Bee’s food bowl. Unfortunately, his clandestine activity is caught by Papa Yoo — since he performs the deed right under Papa Yoo’s nose. Maybe Bee will get a new (metal) nest soon.

[tvN] 삼시세끼 어촌편.E06.150227.HDTV.H264.720p-WITH[(070133)23-55-00]

…but the bunny toy is San-je’s fav

During Chajumma’s absence, the crew probably got bored — cos the other guys are juz zzz (and there’s not much to film) — and decided to attach a camera on the neighbour’s pet dog. So we have a rather weird Blair Witch Project-like sequence of about 10 mins watching a dog from behind his head running up and down the mountains with his pack. (duh?) 

3m36

And…we have more testosterone thrown into the mix next ep, with guest appearance by ex-MMA/ Judo fighter Chu Sung-hoon (kooriyuki, i dun think he brought along Chu Sa-rangthough…). He can be quite useful for heavy liftings :P (and doesn’t the above pic remind you of a pair of hardened smugglers on a boat?)

‘Chajumma’ signs ad deals

Actor Cha Seung-won has signed numerous TV commercial deals after he appeared on the reality TV show “Three Meals a Day,” according to YG Entertainment, the actor’s agency. 

“After he earned the nickname ‘Chajumma,’ he’s been receiving requests from advertisers,” the agency said. 

Chajumma is a coined word combining Cha’s first name and ajumma, a Korean word meaning middle-aged married woman. 

The 45-year-old actor earned the nickname because of the versatile cooking techniques he showed on the TV show. 

While living on a remote island, located in Korea’s South Sea, the actor made all kinds of foods imaginable, from pizza topped with freshly 
caught seafood to Chinese spicy noodles to baked bread, all with the minimum number of utensils and without electronic appliances such as an oven or microwave. 

Cha has recently endorsed carbonated drinks, instant noodles, sports clothing and mobile games. 

The actor will return to the screen in April. He will play the role of Gwanghaegun, or Prince Gwanghae, one of the rulers of Korea’s Joseon Dynasty (1392-1910) in the upcoming period drama series “Hwajeong.” 

Cha will team up with other actors including Kim Jae-won of “May Queen” (2012) and actress Lee Yeon-hee of “Miss Korea” (2014). 

By Sung So-young Korean JoongAng Daily | March 21 2015

Three Meals A Day (Fishing Village) (ep7): HighlightsPOSTED ON MARCH 13, 2015 BY SAB NEKOSDRAMA
Well, it isn’t juz me complaining about the mighty high testosterone level in Three (Fishing); when Yoo Hae-jin hears about Chu Sung-hoon‘s arrival, he also commented that the whole place is filled with men — right down to the pets. (i think he forgot about the hens)
tvn-ec82bcec8b9cec84b8eb81bc-ec96b4ecb48

1) The sujebi incident
A sujebi is a soup-based meal with hand torn dough flakes and other vege/ meat in the dish. Or at least, that’s how it’s supposed to be.
The morning after Chajumma’s departure, Papa Yoo and Son Ho-joon are discussing what to prepare for lunch to surprise Chajumma upon his return. (surprise? or shock?) Papa Yoo decides unilaterally (since Ho-joonie usually doesn’t have much of an opinion, his responses are limited to “uh-huh”) on sujebi, claiming that it is rather “simple” to prepare. After all, it’s juz dough + soup + vege + somethings… isn’t it.

(discreet cough)…the only thing they forgot (or overlooked) is the flour needed for the dough. Ho-joon is sent to ransack Chajumma’s stash, and he reports that he can only find corn flour (nadah, it’s for thickening stock to gravy), bread flour (nope, it’s for BREAD) and -jeon flour (used for Korean pancakes). There’s no PLAIN flour in sight. The guys deliberate whether to use bread vs -jeon flour, and while they are puzzling out which to use, Ho-joon prepares the vege required for the soup.
Papa Yoo begins to boil the soup stock once the fire is heated up. And you really don’t want him in your kitchen preparing your meals…cos he kinda juz digs everything up from the bowl using his bare hands (i dunno if they are clean…) and then RINSES THE BOWL in the soup stock…(i’m glad i’m not the one eating lunch at Papa Yoo’s home) Turns out Papa Yoo has added too much water, so in goes a ladle (more like a mini basin) and out goes the hot water. Still bland? Throw in some soy sauce, daejeong to flavour up the hot water. (see? cooking is easy)

While the soup is more or less bubbling, the guys finally decide on using -jeon flour to make the dough flakes. Unfortunately, it’s either the flour is the wrong type (yes, wrong), or Papa Yoo doesn’t know how to knead doughs (also very likely), but the result is one sticky mess that juz clings to the mixing bowl. Anyway, digested sujebi or digested -jeon dough will come out of the body looking the same…so Papa Yoo juz plops the sticky dough into the soup. And the dough floats up immediately, looking more like mandoo pieces than sujebi.

Done with cooking “lunch”, the guys engage in a ultra frenzied spring cleaning. Na PD comments it’s the first time the house feels so clean. All these to make sure when Chajumma returns home, he doesn’t pick on them.
2) Sergeant Chajumma is home!
The tag “Sergeant” is given to Chajumma thanks to Papa Yoo. He hilariously compares the cleaning effort similar to the prep before a drill sergeant’s routine barracks inspection, even going so far as to instruct Ho-joon “to squeeze the toothpaste’s tube properly”.

Anyway, he isn’t wrong. The moment Chajumma steps in (with guest Chu Sung-hoon), he does a laser inspection of the surroundings and beelines to his domain (aka the Kitchen), ensuring ALL his beloved cutlery are where they are, and there’s not a speck of grime on them. Satisfied, he turns to whatever is in the pot (the “sujebi”) and tries it out. In appreciation of Papa Yoo’s efforts, Chajumma claims the sujebi is “not bad”…but in the evening, when the crew asks him about it again during the interview, Chajumma sighs, and shakes his head. :P Then again, he defends Papa Yoo and commends him for the effort. (aww)
3) Muscular Sung-hoon

Sung-hoon is taken on a tour of the local fishing scene by Papa Yoo after his arrival (and it’s so cute that the villagers greet him as Chu Sa-rang‘s ah pa, rather than Sung-hoon), and he requests to change into a fishermen’s vest. In the process, he reveals those bulging biceps and pec muscles — which draw Papa Yoo’s eyes, and more or less kept them there. When Na PD encourages Papa Yoo to also flex his biceps, Papa Yoo nervously laughs and says he already feels threatened standing next to Sung-hoon. (hee) Btw, Papa Yoo manages to snare a sea cucumber in his nets! Which he promptly steps on by accident. (that poor thing!)

Chajumma clearly doesn’t have the same sentiments as Papa Yoo when it comes to Sung-hoon’s muscles. He sees the bulging biceps as the perfect tool for:

a) grinding garlicB) beating eggsc) miscellanous household chores.

March 27, 2015
Yoo Haejin’s Success Continues In Advertisements
Source: BNTNews
mbgiw1fcwqpzafutcqlwuwwv23lp2g2d.jpg
[by You-bin Ha] The actor with a thousand faces, Yoo Haejin, confirmed his success even in commercials. Playing different characters in movies, he is certainly one of the best actors in Korea and made a big issue by showing his real charm in tvN’s reality show ‘Three Meals A Day’. Gathering momentum, he is now selected to be the face of a credit card company. 
In the advertisement of ‘Samsung Card’, Yoo Haejin wore a suit and tie and seems to be very serious. He used to have a funny nickname, ‘Cham Bada’, in ‘Three Meals A Day’ but displays a completely different aspect of a real man in this video. 
His image is friendly and gained confidence from the public. The credit card company decided to take him forth with this image since it’s matching perfectly with what they wanted. 
Yoo Haejin’s agency said he shows no sign of slowing down and he is being requested a lot for commercials but they are choosing prudently to pick those which are beneficial for him. They added that he will play in more than 3 films this year and ask to keep paying attention on him. 
Meanwhile, Yoo Haejin will play in ‘Veteran’ which will premiere nationwide on August. (photo by capture of Samsung Card's CF)

I just realise that Manjae Island in here is the same as the one Na PD visited during his 1N2D days. So basically he's not lying when he said there were many fishes to catch, cause when 1N2D went there and had a fishing contest to catch as many fish as they can in 30 minutes, Lee Soo Geun manage to catch 20 fishes by himself. It only took him 5 secs after casting his line to hook a fish (he took more time to unhooking the fish than catching it). I guess the 3 meals team just didn't have a good luck in fishing. Beside, the 3 meals team went there in winter while 1N2D went there on early autumn. Guessed the season really mattered in fishing.
And also I've been wondering, back then they also harvested kobuksun but it seems it only got famous after 3 meals. Was 1N2D hype back then not as big as 3 meals?

Archived