Go Kyung Pyo/Ko Kyung Pyo 고경표

qwenli

48 minutes ago, ayotaesan said:

Lol I was ready for this...
I knew that as soon as CH will begin I become a lonely person again lol 

So If you have a chance could you share some news from CH thread here please? I'll appreciate your help :blush:

I like how he said that he's not funny but then said a lot of funny stuff~ 

Wow! I thought so too but I afraid that was wrong. 

I WANT MORE KKP ON MY SCREEN, I'm thirsty lol

CH is chicago typewriter?. 

here spoiler. I will put in spoiler in case we have some one who dont like spoiler.

Spoiler

Yes I found it!!

movie Haebing VIP premiere.!!

Have you see the ep3 preview?. LONGGGGGGGGGGG LEGSS. Hahahahahahahahaha

• Replies 571
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, kentangbakar said:

CH is chicago typewriter?. 

Yeah~~ My fingers don't listen to mee (sigh)

1 hour ago, kentangbakar said:

Yes I found it!!movie Haebing VIP premiere.!!

Wow.... Daebak! Your sense is great, thx! 

I was so sad when KKP was like a shadow in first eps. For example.  
but now I'm happy! Especially because of spoiler! Our ghost-writer fappeared finally!

6 New K-Dramas We Can’t Wait To Watch This Spring

As the temperature soars and the tail end of winter leaves its last trail of cold, we are left with a wistful feeling and a sense of renewal for Spring. In K-dramaland, this means entirely new concepts: mystery, sci-fi, rom-com, action, and everything in between under the sun. So whether you’re watching cherry blossoms bloom or simply drinking a cherry blossom-themed frappe, here’s a list of exciting dramas to watch to fit the bright, fragrant, and cheery mood of Spring.

11. Chicago Typewriter

Chicago-typewriter2.jpg

The more you hate, the more you love, as they say, and this may or may not happen when an anti-fan gets together with a popular star. “Chicago Typewriter” is an inventive version of this plot line, which stars Yoo Ah In (Han Se Joo), a famous yet stuck-up and egotistical novel wrwiter who finally meets his match in an anti-fan named Jeon Seol (played by Im Soo Jung), a book lover who gets caught up in Se Joo’s troubles.

What makes this drama intriguing is the handsome, mysterious character Yoo Jin Oh (Go Kyung Pyo), a talented ghostwriter who helps Se Joo get out of his writer’s block rut. When they touch an old typewriter, it brings all of the characters together in some kind of supernatural phenomenon and transports them back and forth between modern time and the 1930s, the era of the Japanese occupation of Korea. How will their past lives affect the present, and vice versa? Will Se Joo be able to get his groove back to write a story that will win Jeon Seol’s heart?

Chicago-typewriter21.jpg

https://www.soompi.com/2017/04/10/new-k-dramas-welcome-spring/

News about 1 &2 Episodes of Chicago Typewriter

New stills for Ep.2

Spoiler

tvN’s “Chicago Typewriter” Hints At Upcoming Time Jump With New Vintage Stills

Yoo-Ah-In-Im-Soo-Jung-Go-Kyung-Pyo.jpg

tvN’s newest drama “Chicago Typewriter” made a successful premiereon April 7. Following the first episode, tvN released stills of the cast for the plot-line taking place 80 years ago.

The first episode of the drama introduced the storyline in present day. The newly released stills are gaining attention as the characters from the past are portrayed with such stark contrast to their corresponding present-day counterparts.

Yoo-Ah-In-4-540x360.jpg

Yoo-Ah-In-3-540x360.jpg

Yoo-Ah-In-2-540x360.jpg

Yoo-Ah-In-1-540x811.jpg

Viewers have noticed the difference in Yoo Ah In’s hairstyle, which is much longer and tousled in the 1930s narrative.  This gives him a much softer image compared to his present day character’s sharp buzzcut.

Lim-Soo-Jung-1-540x360.jpg

Lim-Soo-Jung-2-540x811.jpg

Lim-Soo-Jung-3-540x811.jpg

Lim-Soo-Jung-4-540x360.jpg

Viewers also noticed the stark contrasts with Im Soo Jung’s present-day and past-day character.  The newly unveiled stills show a noticeable contrast in her style, as she is dressed very tomboyish.  Im Soo Jung’s character from 1930 is also carrying a gun, which hints at more action to come in later episodes.

Go-Kyung-Pyo-1-540x360.jpg

Finally, a still of Go Kyung Pyo’s mysterious ghost writer character was released. Producers of the show hinted that Go Kyung Pyo’s character will be better introduced in the second episode of the show, which will make the plot line much more interesting.

cr. https://www.soompi.com/2017/04/08/tvns-chicago-typewriter-hints-upcoming-time-jump-new-vintage-stills/?utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=Social&utm_campaign=SocialWarfare

Reasons to watch the new tvN 'antique romance' drama Chicago Typewriter

Spoiler

The tvN's new drama "Chicago Typewriter" is to premiere on April 7, at 8 p.m, KST and there are enough reasons to watch this new Friday-Saturday drama. The amazing star cast is one of the reasons for sure as it include Han Se Joo (Yoo Ah In) who is the best-selling writer, Yoo Jin Oh (Go Kyung Pyo) playing the mysterious ghost writer and Han Se Joo's as the writer's former diehard fan.

Actor Yoo Ah In's outstanding acting capabilities is well-known and is expected the same from him for his role as the cold, gentle-hearted genius writer- Han Se Joo. Another major reason to look forward to this drama is actress Im Soo Jung, who is making a comeback on the small screen after 13 years.

The story of the upcoming tvN drama revolves around these three characters and how they are connected to each other in the present as well as in the past, through an antique typewriter.

The writer of the drama, Jin Soo Wan is known for his popular dramas like "The Moon Embracing the Sun" and "Kill Me, Heal Me" and is definitely expected to produce something as good as her previous works. PD Kim Cheol Kyu will accompany her who is known for directing popular dramas such as "Hwang Jin Yi" and "On the Way to the Airport."

The unique genre of the drama, "antique romance" is also very attracting.

According to Soompi, PD Kim of the drama reportedly said, "The drama is a melodrama, period piece, and fantasy drama all in one." implying that the drama will be unique.

cr. http://www.ibtimes.sg/reasons-watch-new-tvn-antique-romance-drama-chicago-typewriter-9072

3 Reasons That Tell You Why You Should Watch tvN’s “Chicago Typewriter”

Spoiler
chicago-typewriter3.jpg

tvN’s new Friday-Saturday drama “Chicago Typewriter” premieres tonight, April 7, at 8 p.m. KST. The drama’s character lineup includes best-selling writer, Han Se Joo (Yoo Ah In), who has fallen into a slump, the mysterious ghost writer, Yoo Jin Oh (Go Kyung Pyo), who could save his career, and Han Se Joo’s former diehard fan, Jeon Seol (Im Soo Jung), who has now become his worst anti-fan.

“Chicago Typewriter” will tell the story about these three characters and how they are connected to one another both in the present and in the past, through an antique typewriter. Here are three reasons why you should watch the new mystery romance drama!

First, the writer-director combination for “Chicago Typewriter” is exceptional and worth anticipating great things from. Writer Jin Soo Wan is known for writing popular dramas like “The Moon Embracing the Sun” and “Kill Me, Heal Me.” Viewers can expect a tight script with multi-dimensional characters and a gripping narrative arc. Joining Jin Soo Wan is PD Kim Cheol Kyu, who is known for directing hit dramas like “Hwang Jin Yi” and “On the Way to the Airport.”

Secondly, the star-studded cast is by far one of the greatest draws to the drama. Actor Yoo Ah In will demonstrate his acting capabilities with a broad range of emotions through his role as the cold but gentle-hearted genius writer, Han Se Joo. Actress Im Soo Jung, who is making her comeback on the small screen for the first time in 13 years, will fully embody her character as the quirky but lovable Jeon Seol. Finally, Go Kyung Pyo will round out the incredible cast by bringing a solid performance and much-needed air of mystery to his role as the unknowable ghost writer Yoo Jin Oh.

Lastly, the official genre of the drama is “antique romance.” Although Yoo Ah In and Im Soo Jung’s characters’ first meeting is something straight out of a romantic comedy, the role of the Chicago Typewriter will tie the present narrative back to their relationship in the 1930s, creating an interesting and unexpected facet to the drama. PD Kim said, “The drama is a melodrama, period piece, and fantasy drama all in one,” implying that the drama was so unique that it would be difficult to categorize into one specific genre.

cr. https://www.soompi.com/2017/04/07/3-reasons-watch-tvns-chicago-typewriter/?utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=Social&utm_campaign=SocialWarfare

tvN's 'Chicago Typewriter' still needs to prove itself

Spoiler

SEOUL, April 10 (Yonhap) -- Friday and Saturday's 8 p.m. to 9 p.m. time slot for tvN, arguably the biggest TV entertainment network in South Korea, has become one of the most coveted programming spaces in Korean TV today, having been occupied by hit shows such as "Reply 1988" and "Guardian."

Now tvN is placing its chips on "Chicago Typewriter," a new time slip series, following the commercial flop "Tomorrow with You." But whether the show is confident enough to recoup the massive viewership fallout caused by its predecessor remains to be seen.

"Chicago Typewriter" stars Yoo Ah-in as Han Se-joo, a hypersensitive and fussy star novelist who has writer's block. The story revolves around Han, his secret ghostwriter played by Koh Kyung-pyo, and a die-hard fan girl played by Lim, who later turns into Han's worst critic.

A mysterious antique typewriter acts as a conduit for the three to travel 70 years back in time, living as dissident writers during Japan's colonial rule of Korea. According showrunners, the series, which is in equal parts contemporary and periodic, starts off comedic in the modern day but later explores complex and serious themes related to Korea's independence movement.

The show's premiere that aired Friday recorded 2.6 percent viewership, while Saturday's episode two added 0.2 percentage points, clocking in at 2.8 percent, according to Nielsen Korea.

To keep things in perspective, the show's initial scorecard is lower than that of "Guardian," which debuted with a 6.3 percent viewership. At the same time its noticeably higher than the 1.8 percentage rating for the finale of "Tomorrow With You."

Nevertheless, initial ratings have been weaker than expected for tvN trying to recreate the success of "Guardian," which rewrote cable TV ratings history early this year.

The tvN network is also relying heavily on Yoo's star power and the fact that the show is bringing Lim back to television after 13 years. Koh, a young and up-and-coming TV star, has also proved himself through his work in "Reply 1988."

In the first two episodes, the show introduced viewers to the star writer Han getting ahold of a mysterious typewriter, produced during the 1930s in the country's capital, then called Gyeongseong, through his ardent fan played by Lim. Han also gets embroiled in a plagiarism controversy.

But as of now, the ghostwriter character played by Koh hasn't revealed himself yet, while the development of the 1930s story line, in which Han is a struggling writer, also waits to be fleshed out further.

Recent time slip shows have been either hits or misses, with SBS TV's supposedly behemoth "Saimdang," in terms of viewership, still toiling in mediocrity. Whether "Chicago Typewriter" can deliver the promise of offering a differentiating aspect from similar genre works remains to be seen.

This composite image shows highlights from tvN's upcoming time-slip drama "Chicago Typewriter." (Yonhap)This composite image shows highlights from tvN's upcoming time-slip drama "Chicago Typewriter."

cr. http://english.yonhapnews.co.kr/news/2017/04/10/0200000000AEN20170410003800315.html?input=www.twitter.com

Can ‘Chicago Typewriter’ break time-slip drama mold?

Spoiler

Will new series featuring Yoo Ah-in as author, Lim Soo-jung as hardcore fan, and magical writing apparatus differentiate itself?

Cable network tvN has recently been churning out drama series with the time travel motif -- from last year’s mega-hit “Guardian: The Lonely and Great God” to the recent fantasy romance “Tomorrow With You.” Coming up next is “Chicago Typewriter,” featuring Yoo Ah-in and Lim Soo-jung.

The show, airing Fridays and Saturdays at 8 p.m., centers on a mysterious antique typewriter which transports the characters 70 years back in time to the 1930s, when Japan occupied Korea. 

“It’s true that shows with similar premises have flooded the screen at once,” said director Kim Chul-kyu (“On the Way to the Airport,” 2016) at a press conference in southeastern Seoul Wednesday. “But shows take a long time to write. This wasn’t planned. We’ve tried to differentiate our show as best as we can.”

According to Kim, “Chicago Typewriter” is a mixed package of relationships and emotions, comedy and melodrama. It would be hard to fit in into a single genre, he said.

“It has the anger and frustration of youths who love their country (during the Japanese occupation), heart-aching love, independence fighters’ fierce camaraderie, their tragic end and pure friendship.” 

20170406000981_0.jpg
Yoo Ah-in stars in "Chicago Typewriter." (tvN)
20170406000990_0.jpg
Yoo Ah-in speaks to reporters at a press conference at the Imperial Hotel Seoul in southeastern Seoul on Wednesday. (tvN)
20170406000991_0.jpg
Lim Soo-jung speaks to reporters at a press conference at the Imperial Hotel Seoul in southeastern Seoul on Wednesday. (tvN)

Actor Yoo starred in the SBS period piece “Six Flying Dragons” last year and the box office hit crime flick “Veteran” in 2015, playing a psychopathic chaebol heir with aplomb. 

He returns in the role of the bestselling author Han Se-joo, who is inwardly neurotic, outwardly sophisticated, and suddenly struck with writer’s block. 

Yoo said he was excited to portray a writer, a character he had always wanted to play. “I think it is my mission and task to express inner complexity. (Han) is not an obvious person. We’re not immediately aware of the thoughts and pain inside him.” 

Actress Lim stars as Jeon Seol, a veterinarian and Han’s hardcore fan who ends up hating him after a series of events. 

“Chicago Typewriter” marks Lim’s return to the small screen 13 years after the hit 2004 series “I’m Sorry, I Love You.”

“I wanted to do the show as soon as I read the script. The story is alluring. I was curious about what kind of connection the characters had over 70 years ago.” 

Actor Go Kyung-pyo plays Han’s ghostwriter Yoo Jin-oh, and the three characters become wrapped up in a romance that spans decades. 

Yoo added that he was awaiting the results of his physical exam for military enlistment. After a shoulder injury in 2014 and a bone tumor diagnosis in 2015, the star has undergone several check-ups but has not yet received confirmation on whether or not he is to be exempted from the mandatory military service.

“We’re watching the bone tumor,” he said. “Small movements are okay but I’m trying to refrain from heavy exercise.”

“Chicago Typewriter” begins airing on Friday on tvN. 

cr. http://www.koreaherald.com/view.php?ud=20170406000776

7 hours ago, kentangbakar said:

Is there any rumors about GKP army?. Why suddenly it become hot search under his name

I'm interesting too. I just read his bio in my native language where was said that he canceled his plans about army in 2010 and debuted in 'Jungle Fish 2' instead. But new rumors....? What's going on? Maybe it's just interest because of new project? When I meet new actor I google his age and army at first. And after that other thingsabout him lol 

Their friendship makes me happy girl!

C9N9t-wXYAAC083.jpg

8 minutes ago, ayotaesan said:

I'm interesting too. I just read his bio in my native language where was said that he canceled his plans about army in 2010 and debuted in 'Jungle Fish 2' instead. But new rumors....? What's going on? Maybe it's just interest because of new project? When I meet new actor I google his age and army at first. And after that other thingsabout him lol 

Their friendship makes me happy girl!

Naah, maybe something like he got called for army, you know that now army called cant be delay anymore. Once they got notification from army personnel, you have to right away, no more delay. That why I ask any rumors about his enlistment?. Hehehehe. Maybe so many people search about him and his military too. Hehehehehe.

Yeah, who knows Junggigo can score 1 ost. Hehehe.

14 hours ago, kentangbakar said:

any rumors about his enlistment?. Hehehehe. Maybe so many people search about him and his military too. Hehehehehe.

I'm not sure~~ I didn't see any.

So... there is a BTS with their hilarious dance! 

2 hours ago, kentangbakar said:

Example of being handsome n adorable in the same time

I like photos from that Jealousy Incarnate Event so much! Pr. Ko is the best!

19 hours ago, kentangbakar said:

Because he soooooooooooooo adorable. hehehehe

he was so bright at press-conference~~~ I'm fell in love again...

Our PR-master is active again!

Hello! Having interest in this guy since Reply '88 especially at first all-grew-up-scene oh that h00t super-adorable doctor and glad to see him in Chicago Typewriter too!!! Yaaaay

Does it true that he has 0 blood-type? Heheh for now just knowing him by that two projects, he seems so hilarious I watch clips him as annoying brother in Potato Star hahaha

A little from CT

tumblr_oogb1qPaSR1unrbkao5_1280.png

tumblr_oogb1qPaSR1unrbkao1_1280.png

tumblr_oogb1qPaSR1unrbkao4_1280.png

He super slays the looks.

Spoiler

Is the Instagram links of him in the first page true? I checked it and it has 0 post..

Archived