Go Kyung Pyo/Ko Kyung Pyo 고경표

qwenli

• Replies 571
  • Created
  • Last Reply

6 Reasons You Should Watch “Chicago Typewriter”

Spoiler

Chicago Typewriter” is the new tvN drama that airs every Friday and Saturday. There was a lot of excitement surrounding this drama, especially because it was Lim Soo Jung’s return to drama-land since starring in her big hit drama “I’m Sorry, I Love You” — remember that amazing drama?! The fact that Yoo Ah In was also cast as the lead was enough to create a lot of buzz and excitement because he’s just that respected as an actor. “Chicago Typewriter” tells the story of a famous writer named Han Se Joo (Yoo Ah In) who is experiencing writer’s block. During this stressful period in Han Se Joo’s life, he happens to meet Jeon Seol (Im Soo Jung) a hardcore fan of his, and Yoo Jin Oh (Go Kyung Pyo), a mysterious ghost writer who is incessant on helping him get through his writer’s block. The fate of these three characters are intertwined far more than they can ever imagine, as their relationship spans back as far as the 1930s. The mystery of the relationship between these characters takes viewers on a journey to figure out just how these three were connected in the past and how important it is that they help each other in the present.

If you’re looking for a really deep and compelling drama to watch on the weekends, look no further. Here are six reasons why you should watch “Chicago Typewriter.”

Note: minor spoilers ahead.

1. The star-riter we can relate to

Yoo Ah In plays Han Se Joo, a bitter, arrogant, and lonely writer who also happens to be idol-status famous. He spends most of his days in his study, working away on his computer, with no interruptions. He has no real friends; although his manager is the closest thing he has to a friend, it seems like he gets more annoyed by him if anything.Han Se Joo’s fear of being alone has left him miserable and anxious, pushing those he loves as far away from his life as possible. Although he feels like he’s built a strong enough wall to withstand being hurt and abandoned, it has left him far more vulnerable. Se Joo has experienced a lot of pain and hurt from his past. He was abandoned by his family and finds it difficult to trust people and let them into his life, which is why he is so rude to people and pushes them away. His need to feel independent and selfish comes from a lot of baggage. 

Although Yoo Ah In’s character is easy to hate and despise, there is a part of him that we can relate to and understand. Underneath the selfish and cold exterior lies a person who wants to be accepted and loved.

2. The settig and wardrobe

I love how there are flashbacks to the 1930s and how it’s got this “Great Gatsby” feel to it. The production team did such a good job of bringing this period to life, effectively adding to the whole “writer” theme of the drama. I can’t get over how amazing all the actors look in their ’30s outfits, as well as the vintage and old-fashioned vibe of everything. And maybe it’s the writer in me, but I can’t help but gawk at Han Se Joo’s library-esque abode.

3. The OST

As soon as they released the first song of this OST by Saltnpaper, I was thoroughly excited. Ever since their “Cheese in the Trap” OST, they left an impression on me, and I officially became a fan. This group is perfect for the tone and script of this drama. Soundtracks add another layer and dimension to a drama, which is why I’m thrilled that they’re on this one! Prepare your hearts, because it’s an amazing song. In addition to Saltnpaper, SG Wannabe and Baek Yerin are also featured on the OST, all of which are hauntingly beautiful and add to the melancholy and nostalgic mood of the drama.

4. Th actors and their natural acting skills

No matter what role Yoo Ah In takes on, you can guarantee a flawless performance. He’s a genius when it comes to the art, and this role is no exception. I can’t help but draw a stark comparison between Yoo Ah In and James Dean. They’ve both got that natural ability to draw a viewer into the character and story, which I completely see in this drama. I can see him relating to his character and taking on the emotions and turmoil of Han Se Joo, which makes me sympathize more with his character. Im Soo Jung is so natural when it comes to acting. And this is obviously a result of many years of experience acting on the big screen. She makes acting look so effortless that I sometimes have to remind myself that she’s acting. I’ve really been enjoying her adorable character Jeon Seol and how she manages to have chemistry with all of the characters in the drama. Also, how badass did she look holding Han Se Joo’s stalker at gunpoint?! So cool. And of course, we can’t forget Go Kyung Pyo. He’s really been making a name for himself on the small-screen in the past year. Having co-starred in the hit drama “Don’t Dare To Dream” and managing to get a role alongside Yoo Ah In in this drama is respectable in itself. I can already see through his character in this drama as the ghostwriter Yoo Jin Oh that he’s matured quite a bit since his “Reply 1988” days.

5. The bromance

Bromances are dominating the K-drama world these days. It definitely can’t be overlooked in this drama because these two are hilariously endearing. Something about their chemistry when they’re on screen together is captivating — maybe even more so than the main couple. Their love/hate relationship is fun to watch, especially because Yoo Jin Oh seems to follow Han Se Joo around like a puppy — and I mean this literally. This bromance has hit just the tip of the iceberg. I’m sensing a cool camaraderie that will develop real soon, especially since there is a goal that they both have to achieve. Excited? YES.

6. The theme

I love that this drama revolves around writers and books. It’s got such a powerful message of hope and overcoming obstacles. Having watched “Dongju: Portrait of a Poet” last year, I found a lot of parallels between that movie and this drama. The whole idea of “a pen being stronger than the sword” and being able to create change from just writing is resonating so strongly in this drama. Han Se Joo’s passion to express his thoughts and feelings through his work is so inspiring to see, especially during the flashbacks to when Korea was being ruled by Japan. he emphasis on this line can’t be more true in this drama, especially for Han Se Joo. It gave me goosebumps seeing how much Se Joo values and cherishes his ability to write.

Make sure you check out this really cool drama. Even Yoo Ah In insists.

https://www.soompi.com/2017/05/05/6-reasons-watch-chicago-typewriter/

Song Hye Kyo, Park Hyung Sik, Yoo Ah In, SM Artists, And More Donate Their Personal Items For Flea Market

Spoiler

The Women in Film Association of Korea is participating in the annual “Family Flea Market” event and it was reported that many celebrities have donated their personal items in support.

Women-In-Film-540x780.jpg

According to the Women in Film Facebook group, the following stars have donated their personal items to be sold at the flea market: Song Hye Kyo, Park Hyung Sik, Yoo Ah In, Go Kyung Pyo, So Yoo Jin, Baek Jong Won, Lee Jung Hyun, Jung Il Woo, TVXQ’s Yunho, Girls’ Generation Sooyoung, Lee Yeon Hee, SHINee’s Minho and Key, and EXO’s D.O., Baekhyun, Sehun, Xiumin, Kai, and Red Velvet’s Seulgi.

The items donated consists of clothing items such as jackets and shirts, accessories such as bags, perfumes, and sunglasses, cosmetics, candles, books, DVDs, movie posters, and more. The group says that the items at the flea market can be purchased with cash only, and all proceeds will go towards the advancement of women in the film industry.

The market will open on May 6 from noon to 4 p.m. in Paju, South Korea.

According to DC KKP our boy donated this hat 

C_I_CRSWsAAR4Rp.jpg

https://www.soompi.com/2017/05/06/song-hye-kyo-park-hyung-sik-yoo-ah-sm-artists-donate-personal-items-flea-market/

Spoiler

Spoiler

C_CR3RUUwAI6Rv0.jpg

C_CRsU_UIAECpSr.jpg

C_CRheIUwAIjBNu.jpg

Spoiler

C_C--4pXcAAk9VQ.jpg

C_C--4rXsAAQSZD.jpg

C_C--4qXkAA5Jpf.jpg

On 07/05/2017 at 5:10 AM, ayotaesan said:

KKP childhood pics

C-4ebXiXcAAFh-L.jpg

C-4ebXlXkAANL0Q.jpg

cr. dc kkp

I don't know why but for me woman looks alike with SunWoo's mum from Reply... 

Omo~~~ kyeota!! I think is Sun woo's Mom? Don't think is his dad too? Should be from R1988...

Go Kyung Pyo Lands First Lead Role In Upcoming Drama

Actor Go Kyung Po has been confirmed in KBS 2TV’s upcoming Friday-Saturday Drama “Best Delivery Person” (working title)!

He will playing the lead male role, Choi Kang Soo. He will be acting alongside Chae Soo Bin, who was previously confirmed to play the female lead in the drama.

“Best Delivery Person” will tell a story about the lives and loves of individuals in the working class. The drama centers around a Chinese food delivery person and is slated to air in July.

https://www.soompi.com/2017/05/15/go-kyung-pyo-lands-first-lead-male-role-upcoming-drama/

p/s: the comments....ekekekeke

On 16.05.2017 at 6:30 AM, kentangbakar said:

NO MORE 2ND LEAD SYNDROME THEN....LOLOLOLOLOL

YEAAAAAAH~ Our boy finnally got 1st lead role!!! I saw netizens commets saying the same~~~ 'finally' anf 'Jisoo, now is your turn' 

lol

LET'S CELEBRATE!!!!!!

On 16.05.2017 at 6:30 AM, kentangbakar said:

anyway...when his "7yrs night" going to be release?. I wait for it 1yr already.

lol
same~~ 
I hope they release it in 2017... Please?~

Lee Yul Eum To Fall For Go Kyung Pyo’s Character In Upcoming KBS Drama

Actress Lee Yul Eum has joined the cast of KBS2’s Friday-Saturday drama “Best Delivery Person” (working title).

The upcoming drama, which stars Go Kyung Pyo and Chae Soo Bin as the main leads, depicts the love and success stories of individuals in Korea’s working class. Go Kyung Pyo stars in his first lead role as Choi Kang Soo, who works as a Chinese food deliveryman.

Lee Yul Eum will be starring in the drama as Lee Ji Yoon, a 23-year-old immature rich girl who desperately desires to be part of the working class. With a cheerful personality and a friendly smile, Lee Ji Yoon is an only child and the daughter of a famous food franchise owner. However, when she later discovers her inner rebellious streak, Ji Yoon ends up leaving her home and tries to become part of the working class, falling in love with Choi Kang Soo in the process.

Lee Yul Eum previously starred in dramas such as “King of High School,” “Divorce Lawyer in Love,” “The Village: Achiara’s Secret,” and more.

Meanwhile, her upcoming drama “Best Delivery Person” is set to air sometime in July.

cr. https://www.soompi.com/2017/05/17/lee-yul-eum-fall-go-kyung-pyos-character-upcoming-kbs-drama/

Well, about KKP's new project... At first I'm glad that this1st lead role will be in KBS's drama. For me personally it is the best chance to shine as a male lead actor ^)(^ I believe in KBS more than SBS or even MBC. If KBS wants it may creates daebak drama. Just please want it, KBS~~~ Anyway I'm so proud! 

I said it to @GeneChu already but I'm glad that cast is young at this time. I appreciate how KKP takes roles because of seonbaenims and receives a lot of experience and advices because of that. It's the best way to improve acting skills I think... but it would be nice if he will take roles with actors with same age as he is. Not every single time, but sometimes. It's been a while when he plays with contemporary actors. I respect Hyojin and Soojung' acting experience, really. But I don't like these nona/3rdwheelman relationships. It's time to try smth new or KKP may become an actor of one role. I don't want it at all.  

5 hours ago, ayotaesan said:

Well, about KKP's new project... At first I'm glad that this1st lead role will be in KBS's drama. For me personally it is the best chance to shine as a male lead actor ^)(^ I believe in KBS more than SBS or even MBC. If KBS wants it may creates daebak drama. Just please want it, KBS~~~ Anyway I'm so proud! 

I said it to @GeneChu already but I'm glad that cast is young at this time. I appreciate how KKP takes roles because of seonbaenims and receives a lot of experience and advices because of that. It's the best way to improve acting skills I think... but it would be nice if he will take roles with actors with same age as he is. Not every single time, but sometimes. It's been a while when he plays with contemporary actors. I respect Hyojin and Soojung' acting experience, really. But I don't like these nona/3rdwheelman relationships. It's time to try smth new or KKP may become an actor of one role. I don't want it at all.  

You know what, 2nd thought is FINALLY THE GIRL BELONGS TO HIM!!!!!!!!! And more girls like him!!!!!! Yes!!!!!!

17 hours ago, GeneChu said:

2nd thought is FINALLY THE GIRL BELONGS TO HIM!!!!!!!!! And more girls like him!!!!!! Yes!!!!!!

Right!~ Finally his character will be truthly loved! Thanks to  Lee Yul Eum's character this will be first time for me when someone's character will fall in love first with KKP~ I remember R88 and Naeil Cantabile where girls responded to his feelings, but they weren't first ones who fell with him by their own~ So I'm looking forward to it~

11 hours ago, ayotaesan said:

Right!~ Finally his character will be truthly loved! Thanks to  Lee Yul Eum's character this will be first time for me when someone's character will fall in love first with KKP~ I remember R88 and Naeil Cantabile where girls responded to his feelings, but they weren't first ones who fell with him by their own~ So I'm looking forward to it~

Yeah!!!! Fighting!!!!!!!!

for me, the news about he got the 1st lead is not about "finally he got the girl" but more to "finally his efforts n talent got recognize, now time to lead the whole team, hope he can shoulder that burden".

I like the story after i read the synopsis. Just I hope, they dont give us the deliveryman for 2 eps then move to the ceo of delivery company. Hahahahaha. I hope the story really show how was the deliveryman n woman grow from a delivery part time worker to the ceo of the delivery company. I hope they were tgt since the beginning, brainstorm how to improve their live, and along the way they develop the friendship, partnership and fall in love. i hope the loveline develop in natural way.

I have question on CT

Spoiler

anyone watch ep12 and can read what was written at the paper stuck at the typewriter at the moment shinyul died?

Archived