Add and Subtract Game

Admin

5 minutes ago, partyon said:

No, not Portugal again. How did they even qualify with this weird song?

Usually, I like Portugal at Eurovision. This year I did not listen to their song. I`ll see.

• Shocked 1
  • Wiggle 1

4 minutes ago, MayanEcho said:

If she's already thinking that way, perhaps the wedding should be postponed until she's in equal footing with her husband-to-be

This is one thing even I told her. But the date is already fixed. Hall is booked and everything done.  Let's see what she does. 

4 minutes ago, MayanEcho said:

If I were your friend, I would demand to live apart from the in-laws and vice versa, for the sake of fairness both side, and for the newly-weds to get to know each other well at their own phase while keeping their privacy.

Oh they are actually going to live in her parents' house after marriage for a month. Lol. She actually got a fellowship in a different city, so she will be moving out for a year and once they come back they will find a place of their own. Living with her in laws was never an option. Haha. Even for that one month she said it is impossible for her to live there as their house is very small.

Even if I get married I would never live with my in laws, unless they are physically not well and cannot live alone.

• Like 1
  • Wiggle 2

Just now, larus said:

Usually, I like Portugal at Eurovision.

Usually, I hate Portugal at Eurovision. This year is no exception. I just don't understand their music at all.

Cyprus up next. They'll get the full 12 points from Greece. :D

Looks like Finland's entry found their pants but lost @joccu :byebye2:

• LOL 1
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 1

2 minutes ago, SilverDawn said:

Note sure what I just watched but I'm going back to my Cdrama now 

Noooo.... You need to watch Croatia before you go! They're coming up soon! It's now Switzerland, then Slovenia, and then Croatia!

Baby Lasagna :hwaiting:

• Blob 1

1 minute ago, partyon said:

Usually, I hate Portugal at Eurovision. This year is no exception. I just don't understand their music at all.

Really? I like the language and sometimes I like their song too. I loved the song when Salvador Sobral won in 2007.

+2

13 minutes ago, partyon said:

Noooo.... You need to watch Croatia before you go! They're coming up soon! It's now Switzerland, then Slovenia, and then Croatia!

Does he keep his pants on?

• LOL 2

14 minutes ago, MayanEcho said:

My hub's subordinate's sister was murdered recently by the in-laws. Husband ran away, and police are looking for him. 

Oh no. Her family must have been devastated. Things like these are what making me so afraid about getting into this marriage thing. I'm living so happily right now without any worries or responsibilities, why the hell should I go and fall into this trap willingly? What would I get out of this? Companion? Kids? Please these can be acquired by other means too. Lol. The cost benefit ratio for getting married doesn't seem good to me. Meh

• Wiggle 1

18 minutes ago, kokodus said:

Even for that one month she said it is impossible for her to live there as their house is very small.

I'm sorry if I sound like a snob, but why are the in-laws domineering again with their daughter-in-law to be, when she sounds like she's from a more comfortable background than they do and is also accomplished by her own rights? 

18 minutes ago, kokodus said:

This is one thing even I told her. But the date is already fixed. Hall is booked and everything done.  Let's see what she does. 

The problem is that they'll face more issues if they still don't click after marriage... The cost of the booked venue and others won't be worth the heartache if her misgivings become her daily reality. Its good though that she won't really have to live with the in-laws except for that one month.

The subordinate was asking hubs a couple weeks ago whether he can help him take more leave days (sub already used up his 1mo annual leave) so that he could go back to his country and follow-up the case.

It seems it's because late sister and husband were still childless after more than 10 years together? But if that was the problem, if it was her unable to, shouldn't they have let go of her and find another wife for their son, rather than killing her? Besides, it might be the son having problems and not her.

Though HR didn't grant more leave days, the case was high profile enough for the police to keep following through and hunting the missing husband. The in-laws who are suspected of murdering his sister are also presently in jail.

• Sad 1
  • Insightful 1
  • Wiggle 1

2 minutes ago, partyon said:

I don't understand why this is acceptable, but Finland's no pants isn't?

Did they not let him sing on stage without pants?

Edit> Now I see Finland and he is without pants. They kept the choreography. With or withoput pants.... I am not a fan of the song. Sorry.

+2

• Like 1
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 2

1 minute ago, larus said:

Did they not let him sing on stage without pants?

No they did, but a lot of people are complaining about it.

It's Baby Lasagna time peeps!

Happy Its Friday GIF by Sesame Street

He seems to be quite shy IRL.

• Wiggle 1
  • Blob 3

What is the added value of performing naked? Why can't performers just keep their clothes on? It's like anything goes in Eurovision. Never watched before but I believe I've seen every kind of weird now. 

Can't really follow what Lasagna boy is singing about but the song is quite catchy. And he's dressed! That's a plus! :D

• Like 1
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 2

9 minutes ago, MayanEcho said:

I'm sorry if I sound like a snob, but why are the in-laws domineering again with their daughter-in-law to be, when she sounds like she's from a more comfortable background than they do and is also accomplished by her own rights? 

As I said it is a norm here, the groom's side will always have the upper hand in every matter. Patriarchial society. If a marriage breaks, they think that the bride's side has more to lose than groom's. Which is such a old fashioned thinking, I know. Dowry is still very much a thing here. They dont just explicitly ask it, but its just a unspoken agreemnet that we give a certain amount of gold. My friend is a dentist like me, her parents are both doctors. Her father is a military doctor actually. And her sister is also a doctor. And they are also older than the groom's parents by 10 years atleast. That is why she is more pissed. She is saying that, they are disrespecting her parents. Sigh. 

• Unamused 1
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 1

3 minutes ago, SilverDawn said:

Can't really follow what Lasagna boy is singing about but the song is quite catchy. And he's dressed! That's a plus! :D

Oh, here are the lyrics:

Ay, I'm a big boy now I'm ready to leave, ciao, mamma, ciao Ay, I'm a big boy now I'm going away and I sold my cow

Before I leave, I must confess I need a round of decompress One more time for all the good times Rim-tim-tagi-digi, dim-tim-tim

Gonna miss you all, but mostly the cat Gonna miss my hay, gonna miss my bed But most of all, I'ma miss the dance So come on y'all, let us prance

Now don't call, don't write I'm leavin' with the first light Don't cry, but dance Rim-tim-tagi-digi, dim-tim-tim
There's no going back (whoa) My presence fades to black (whoa) Yeah, there's no going back (whoa) My anxiety attacks (whoa) Rim-tim-tagi-digi, dim-tim-tagi-digi-dim

I hope I find peace in the noise Wanna become one of them city boys They're all so pretty and so advanced Maybe they also know our dance

Bye mom, bye dad Meow, cat, please, meow back Don't cry, just dance Rim-tim-tagi-digi, dim-tim-tim
There's no going back (whoa) My presence fades to black (whoa) Yeah, there's no going back (whoa) My anxiety attacks (whoa) Rim-tim-tagi-digi-dim-tim-tagi-digi-dim

• Wiggle 1
  • Blob 3

5 minutes ago, larus said:

I just watched Portugal. I liked the performance and the song. Maybe it won`t get many votes but I liked it.

You always like the songs I don't. :D Am pretty sure you like France's performance too? :D

@kokodus @MayanEcho All I can say is that life would be so much easier for everyone - especially women - if they followed the Nordic countries' philosophy of everyone being equal. Regardless of age, position or status.

• Wiggle 2
  • Blob 2