[Drama 2014/2015] Healer 힐러

kanzcech

Sorry, yesterday night I went into weekend coma :P.

EP3/4:

- Healer hiding under YS’s bed and fall “victim” to her antics. :phew: And that copy machine incident in the office.

- Healer imagining YS being a honey trap what means he really is attracted to her. And his determination to pick that bait.

- YS’s Dad calling her out because of her boisterous behavior and then be afraid to be a real reporter if she has the chance. She got a first hand hot story but in the end she needed to be a bit drunk to act without the consent of her boss.

- MH and that meeting with BTS guys when every word he says is meant but they are thinking he is joking. He doesn’t drink with them. The news about the rapes and him crushed hearing that his brother was involved in this business. Meeting YS and knowing he will break her heart. That guy is so honest and so alone. :tears:

- Secretary’s Doctor Evil laughing.

- BS showing up. I confess that I missed him later soooo much, JH was too capable. And YS stealing her boss’s food.

- JH’s selfish mom. I can understand she had problems after her lover died but never coming back even when she started a new family was simply abandonment. That she even now doesn’t understand what she did, is really sad for him. In that way he is very much alike MH.

• Like 1

ep 1/2,

When I first read the synopsis of the show as it was being aired, my expectations were the parents are still alive and their kids continued on in their footsteps.  Although both parents died, the purpose of finding the truth and bring justice lived in JH and YS/JA.  After watching the first time, I truly loved all the cast and loved the chemistry between JH & YS

What struck me about JH, is that his place is very bare and dark (except for the projector showing that island).  In the beginning JH lives without needing anyone and just wanting to make enough to be on his island again remote from society.   As soon as he meets YS, his world changed.  The dance scene showed him something special relationship between father and daughter.  They were having fun even though she was feeling down and it was good to have someone who can cheer you up on those days.  This also is part of the draw with YS...she became his purpose, she made things about love make sense, about depending on someone make sense...

I'm on to ep 3/4.  Are we only watching 2 ep once a week?

ep 3+4

• I love the jealousy of DY
  • I already forgot that began to early to work with her, it's awesome how flawlessly JH can change between bad-richard simmons agent and nervous junior. 
  • Omg I totally forgot that JH and YS know each other since they were kids. 
  • Girls are so cute when they sleep :) 
  • I have to find a girl that looks at me like YS looks at MH. :D 
  • The moment where JH softens YS impact on the wall with his hand is so....amazing, the whole scene is just such a great scene. I totally love these shining knight moments. :) 

Edit:

ep 5

• I was a bit scared about the last scene, because I remembered it as one of the key scene and I already had a hard time dealing with it in the past.
    It didn't lose any of it's impact and it still makes me sad to watch every time. fortunately I know what will happen to that piece of broccoli. Hitting that poor actress, he deserves to die so badly.
  • JH smile in the last still, being proud about YS is so cute. 

On 3/8/2019 at 6:50 AM, stroppyse said:

This was a memorable role of PMY for me. It's true that what really made the film click was that JCW was Healer and not just acting the role of Healer. However, I felt that PMY also became Young Shin in this drama. In a lot of dramas, I sometimes can't see why someone would fall for someone other than that the script would call for it to happen. In this drama, I believed that YS could catch Healer's attention and cause his heart to start moving. I thought YS was a well written character, but I also think that it wasn't a matter of any decent actress would have done. This was the drama that caused me to look at PMY in a different way. Anyway, as much as I like Nam Ji Hyun, for instance, and think she's an excellent young actress as well as one who had good chemistry with

I also have to disagree on the impact that YJT made as Moon Ho in this drama. I don't think that just any actor could have played that role and have it be the same drama. I think he brought something special to his character and to the drama that made a lot of us sympathize with him in the personal hell that he had placed himself in.

I agree with you.

The drama healer isn't Healer just because of Ji Chang Wook. I find the main characters in Healer is very well written and they are played amazingly by the respective actors.

I wouldn't want anyone else as Chae Young Shin, after I watched Park Min Young. She is  Chae Young Shin. She played the character lovably enough to make the viewers fall in love with her along with the hero of the show. Some times a drama with heroic character fails to provide us a strong female love interest which Sometimes it foils the enjoyment. But it wasn't the case in Healer. Here the male lead and female lead both have strong points and both characters as well as actors chemistry was awesome. They're one of my favourite drama OTP as well.

f9dd28c3b6672a27ddd65881c87ab5a5fed5a131

Spoiler

For example, I remember feeling disappointed at Ji Chang Wook's K2..While I started enjoyed the show I couldn't understand why JCW's character has to fall in love with Anna. There's no engaging story for that loveline. Sure Anna was apitiful soul but it wasn't enough reason for me to like her. I even thought that if Anna was a little girl the story would've been more convincing.

Park Min Young had a drama where she fell in love with her teacher. While the show was fun but no matter how much I tried I couldn't enjoy the romantic aspect of the show. I thought it would have been better if they focused on the student-teacher bonding.

00068269.jpg

When I watched Healer it was my first time to watch both Ji Chang Wook and Park Min Young. But I'm one of those few who fell for Park Min Young a bit more than Ji Chang Wook. I think PMY did that much justice to Chae Young Shin. I hope PMY will find more well written characters such as Chae Young Shin so that she could show us her true potential as an actor. PMY's Chae Young Shin will forever be in my favorite list.

Would I take anyone else other than Kim Mi Kyung as Ajumma? No, I can't. Not possible.

16effae707ce552f3ff5102e61574b57.jpg

It's true that many people end up loving different character/actor's performance due to their preferences. But most of the time good shows that became great show is  because of everyone's performance for their respective characters. Not just because of the leads' performances. 

• Like 4

ep 6+7

• I like how MH completely changes YS view of an reporter. He really becomes her teacher, question everything she does, improving her from the bottom. 
  • I really wasn't aware that JH teacher would arrive so early in the drama, I wonder if I misjudged the pacing in my first/final review. So far it feels really good to me. I'm honestly rather on the path that it even feels a bit fast.
  • JH as BS is so goddamn good, he's such a good acting actor. :D 
  • The scene where JH beats up that creepy, disgusting guy who hits women is so satisfying that I probably watched it three to four times. I love how he really punishes him and hits him with all his strength, making him suffer to what he did to the girls. 
    Every line, every work is so precious and full of energy. I wouldn't even care if he would have died here, but that would be probably to easy for him. He needs to get punished hard and rot in some dirty cell. 

How small he is while his face is full of blood. How witty JH asks him about the club and the video.
  • The moment of the rooftop, it's so amazing how JH doesn't answer any of her questions directly, but in the end answers all of them pretty accurate. The moment she could touch him and he grabbed her hand, she knows it wasn't either father or brother.
  • JCW body language is so amazing in these scenes, his aura is so strong without saying any word. He almost feels like Batman.
  • Ahjumma crush blow JH cover like a pro. :D She knew instantly that JH looks like his father I love it. She's so nice and genuine. 
    Based on that, I also like how she and MS are really more like close friends who have an arrangement than being husband & wife. He loves her, but she doesn't. She is just thankful. 

ep 3

I still love to watch Healer and it's still suspenseful for me even though I have re-watched it many times.

Healer watching his girl.  As he was talking with Ajumma, he ignored her and just was watching her crazy dancing..lol...Ajumma had to yell, are you listening.  He is drawn to her more than just trying to figure out why she has his picture and the connection between her and the person asking for the DNA.    

When JH finds the pic with his dad in MS house he says  "life becomes interesting" , "heart ..tickles..first time for"...he becomes park bong soo determines to piece this puzzle.  In piecing this puzzle he find purpose to his life as Healer. 

Another scene I loved in ep 3, is the scene where YS drags Park Bong Soo (Bong soo ah) on the street and across the street MH watching them (here no one knows all the connection).  MH as the samchoon always watching and YS leading the way.  She led Healer back to life and giving him purpose.  MH says an important line which changes his course, " my sin is silence".  

ep 4

Sleepy JH...since he works night, daytime is no go.

Sad scene when his mother had to leave and he is eating the last meal she prepared.  His grandmother trying not to cry.

Drunk YS and her father and other guy (can't remember his name) giving JH instruction about YS.

Love the sleep scene with JH and YS replicating their scene when they were young

On to ep 5/6...

@stroppyseI remember the scene actually. Funnily though, I can't remember how each storyline is going to end.

ep8

• The interview, although being so short, gives me goosebumps everytime. 
  • I love how JH hits the brake right away when he realizes what happened to YS. 
  • Sadly no Ahjumma crush scenes
  • I honestly was surprised to see that JH really enters the elevator without anything, he could easily be revealed her. I mean, it would be normal for every person to look whos entering the elevator. 
    But I guess he didn't care about his alter ego anymore here. 
  • Also interesting to know that he knew everything from the get go, he knew where he had to go and where everything is. I mean yeah, drama logic, but still. He did everything right to save her. 
  • Maybe I underrestimaned YS, on the roof she was really cute and heartbreaking, she is innocent and honest, pretty much the oppostite from JH.
  • I like how JH reacted, I can pretty much read what must be going through his guyish head. He couldn't let it stay like that, he knew her words and he needed to make a statement. So she knows what the real reason is, that he actually cares for her and has feelings for her too. He is her secret guardian, even without money. 
  • I also love how JH walks, so straightforward, determined and confident. Like a boss! :D 
  • Sadly I remember that here begins the problem I had with the pacing. Because it will still take A LOT of episodes until she finally learns his true identity. I hope it won't bother me so strong this time. 

As predicted I got behind on the weekend, caught up with episodes 3 and 4 yesterday, might be able to squeeze in more than two today.

When I watched the drama the first time, it took me awhile to see if I was going to like it. This time around I knew that I'd like it, but started to enjoy it more when YS and BS started working together. The dorky BS is the best, I liked the scene when he was trying to help YS escape from the lunch room and the chief only to run into Moon Ho (is that right, not great with remembering character names) in the hallway. Also liked when YSs dad and the convict barista conered BS in the office after he brought YS home drunk.

Other impressions - Healer needs to develop better eating habits, everyone should just go eat all the food Myeong Hee is making. 

Edit: Haha, spoke too soon, the next scene I watched BS got invited to eat breakfast with family. Mmm, now I want to make braised potatoes.

Edited by sally2
  • Like 1

On 3/11/2019 at 7:39 PM, stroppyse said:

Their relationship as BS and YS versus Healer and YS are starting to blend for Healer. My favorite scene of Healer/BS and YS has to be where YS and BS are talking on the phone, even as Healer comes close enough to be able to see YS' face and body expressiveness as she's talking on the phone to him.

This one scene was so telling of both of their feelings and at that moment for me I believe they are ys n bs/jh for real. They portrayed it so well here and I fell in love with the couple.  Its here that he takes the origami she made and also gave her the clue of bs being jh.  It was beautiful scene and also the acknowledgment of how both were feeling about each other albeit ys does not know jh and bs are the same...chemy is sizzling 

I still i have to watch 5/6 

• Like 1

Have watched up to episode 7 now, but I should have commented as I watched them because now they've all blended into each other.

I've decided that the thing I like most about this show is the dynamic between Healer and YS, especially on the rewatch I find myself not paying as much to the other scenes if they're not in them.

So my favourite parts were:

Healer watching YS and talking to Ahjumma, but then getting distracted when YS started her dorky dancing.

Healer (as BS) protecting YS in the greenhouse from seeing the baddie beat the woman.

When BS (dressed as Healer) and YS have their phone conversation. Which was kind of ridiculous, because by then end he was so close she would have heard him.

Healer getting the hard drive from the baddie's office, giving it to YS, and then sticking around to chat/hold her hand.

Honourable mention to:

Healer handcuffing the driver of the white car to the steering wheel to get information from him.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, stroppyse said:

And, the transformation scene as BS and YS are turned into people who could pass as guests to a high society wedding are so hilarious, though they do look rather different and amazing after the transformation.

I was trying to remember if that scene was from this drama or some other one. I think I'm almost to it, I remember that I liked it first go round.

Also liked the post elevator rescue scene, but think I preferred the rooftop scene when Healer gave YS the external hard drive - it seemed more intimate and touching. Though Healer feeling all woozy after the kiss was funny.

• Like 2

asd

7 hours ago, stroppyse said:

Yes, I totally took this to mean that he was so concerned about YS that he didn't have time to think about stopping to find something to cover his face with, though when he saw YS wearing her hat, he immediately thought to pull that down over her eyes. Healer is already so into YS, even if he won't admit it to himself as yet.

At this stage, I think Healer is more into YS than YS is into Healer. For Healer, YS is a real person after all; while for YS, Healer is still almost mythic presence.

I agree, JH is totally into YS at this point. YS is just curious and has a crush, but Healer is already totally in love with YS, he just doesn't know how to approach and confess to her. Trust me, he knows, men do quite fast when they love/like a girl, maybe he fighhts against it, but if he has a clear moment, he knows he's totally into her. 

His whole body language gives this away, it's so clear for me to see how much he loves her. 

15 hours ago, stroppyse said:

Anyway, we'll have to see if you are still as irritated with the pacing in the rewatch.

Honestly I'm also a little curious to find out if I still think the same, I know that after ep9 it will be quite some time, but let me see if I still think it's unnecessary slow. 

18 hours ago, stroppyse said:

Yes, I'm not usually one to condone violence on tv, but the beatdown that Healer delivers to Hwang Jae Gook does feel satisfying. As Healer remarks, HJG is used to dishing out violence, especially to women who are unable to defend themselves against him, but he's not used to receiving violence. So, Healer is just evening the score, and showing HJG how much it hurts to be beaten up as he is.

Violance against baddies is always welcome, but I just love JH in the whole scene. He's just merciless, almost like a killer, he gives him his beating of his life and keeps an arrogant attitude. JH is not cold or ruthless, but straightforward and doesn't fool around. 

ep 9+10

• YS is so FREAKIN hot in that red dress! The way she says "oppa" to JH is just so goddamn sexy! :wub:
  • And when she takes off her jacket at the press conference, she's even hotter! Awwww! Guy Fan service. :lol::lol:
  • I have to admit, although "The Elder" is probably the worst guy of all, he is pretty smart and I liked his reaction after the press conference. He read it pretty good. 
  • Something else, I have to admit that I feel like the main OST Song "Eternal Love" is a little bit overused for too many different scenes. 
  • The jealous face of JH. :D Jealous guys are THE worst! I know that, I can be one!
  • Rooftop booth is probably the most romantic place ever. I wished she already knew here who he was, she still has a more friendship relation to BS. I appreciate BS plan to lure her out, but I guess he already knew it was going to fail, gladly. 
    In a sneaky way, he fooled her and got more information out of her, since he knows now, that she loves him as Healer. That was everything he needed to know. BS will be history soon anyway. 
  • No guy would ever react like that after an rejected confession. :joy:
  • JCW acting when he believed his father is a murder was so on point!

@Dhakra I agree with pretty much all the points you made...except about the red dress. I can appreciate what the wardrobe department was trying to do - I just felt that the dress could have fit her better, or maybe if she'd had a better bra? I can see the appeal though, definitely a departure from the loose sweaters she's normally wearing. I did think her makeup was really nice and well done, different from the fairly clean face she normally has, but not over the top and garish.

Loved the rooftop beer date, and with BS looking at her with that gaze I can't believe she didn't fall for him.

Question - at one point Moon Ho says that he thinks Healer is going to switch sides and hurt YS, so he wants the detective to put security on her. Did I miss something? Why did he think that all of the sudden?

• Like 1

@stroppyse You have chosen a perfect time to do this rewatch event. Oppa is going to come back from the MS soon and I can't wait for that day. LOL. 

Sigh but I wish I could participate in spazzing with y'all, but 2 eps per day is not something I can manage right now. But I love reading all your posts. Healer will always have a special place in my heart, I love everything about this drama, and I do rewatch it from time to time. My absolute favorite scene is this... Haha

8f3f5320c5196e6bd2507b3cb14657e5696dd0ba

Gif cr to owner.

That smirk.....I think this is the exact moment I fell for him and I still haven't recovered. If you see him anywhere, please tell him to give me my heart back. Sighhhhh

• Like 1

I'm a bit behind, so EP 5+6:
- PTSD YS in Healers arms and the almost hug disturbed by the police. Boy, you already started to fell. :P

- Noona's hysterics while MH trying to tell her the truth. Poor boy. Noona still has to grow up.

- JH's jealousy about YS's crush for MH and then her confession that she feels attracted to Healer and JH's priceless face. Somebody hug that boy please. And his happiness when she told him, she is feeling comfortable with him just to instantly friendzone him :D. YS doesn't know she fell for 3 guys at once :lol:.

- MH's decision to stop hiding and taking over Sunday News. He was so cute and badass the same time. BS's pissed face. 

For the first a "that didn't work out for me": YS facing the bad guy despite her PTSD was rightout stupid since he should know she is not help to anyone. A good reporter should know what work they can do and when they need help. Without JH she would be beaten to pulp. And his BS antics were too much. I only could watch that constantly rolling my eyes. :ph34r:

• Like 1

EP 7+8

- Ahjumma's wake-up call and JH's morning persona

- The car "wardrobe" and Healer Minion taking a peek. :lol:

- Noona is the only piece of MS's soul that wasn't corrupted.

- The roof top scene. The first erotic hand-holding scence for me since P&P (BBC, 1995) and her words deeply affecting him.

- YS's camera testing.

- The elevator incident and the kiss scene. I still can remember that when I watched it first I thought the kiss would have been stopped at the last moment...like usual in most K-Drama :sweatingbullets:. I still think it is a very cute kiss but after The Legends and this week's kisses I'm ruined for a while. :naughty:

* The violence in EP7 was really hard to watch for me. I know it is necessary and that guy deserved it but I'm still not used to it and hopefully never will.
* First BR with a Special Feature: Both Directors telling about the characters MH, JH/Healer, YS and their interacting with each other and the other characters.

EP 9+10:

- The aftermath of the kiss for JH. YS was too shocked from other things than to be affected. MH loves her so much, more like a big brother than an uncle.

- MH is thanking Healer for saving YS no knowing yet, Healer from now will be always on YS's side.
- YS's dad trying to earn the trust of child YS.
- MH declaring war to his bro.

- BS antics to the make-over and how he is affected by YS calling him oppa. K-Drama guys always are so easily moved. And his jealousy reached full blooming. He was so pissed of.

- Another hand-porn scene in the elevator.

- The red dress gives me creeps. It doesn't suit PMY since the girl has not really curves (being that skinny comes with a price) . The color is gorgeous but the entire cut does nothing for her. She looked way hotter in her Secretary outfit in Secretary Kim. And JCW looks greasy. Like a rich psycho. 

- The love confessing scene didn't work out for me since JH is making it and YS is only seeing him as BS. So there was no sparklesand she never even had the chance to understand him. I was technical neccessary for the unmasking later but I wish they wouldn't have made it so big.

* Special Feature: JCW taking about his role.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, stroppyse said:

As @Dhakra says, rejected guys aren't usually so sanguine.

Not at all. :D

ep 11

• MH and JH reunion was actually very nice, I like it how MH reacted, I think he knew already, but still, I think he expected something different. I think he regrets now putting the police on JH's tail. 
    But for him, JH is part of the family, so he will not harm him in any way. 
  • JH confession to ahjumma and to himself on the roof is actually quite a big step for him, a guy who acknowledges his own feelings, is probably the biggest step. He is aware of his feelings now. He moved on.
  • JH avoiding YS at work is kinda funny, I think this is this "make yourself interesting"-thingy what @mouse007always recommends me. :D Although we know it's just a game and is a deal with MH so they can work together, it's kinda funny because we guys actually behave like that after being rejected.
  • Hacker Ahjummas telling JH the pure truth was actually quite touching, because she is absolutely right. She was the Voice of reasoning in this case 
    Still, using the standard romance theme here, which is also during kisses and stuff, felt a little odd. Totally overused.
  • Road of candles, watching a movie in an empty cinema, JH knows how to impress a girl. :D 
    The moment when he enters the room, is so badass. I mean, let's be honest, if you have such an impact just by entering the room alone, it can't get any better. His aura and charisma is so strong.
    But appearing without facemask and just his bare face, I think he trusted her at one point, but hoped also that she may take a peak and this charade comes to an end.
  • Around here already begins the time where I wished he would reveal himself or she would find out. I finally want to see them as couple.