[Drama 2014/2015] Healer 힐러

kanzcech

• 2 weeks later...

Healer fans, our couple have entered the soompi competition again, we can't win since we did last year, but we're doing it to show our love for Healer and our healing couple

12745876_10156637963205457_8881679996350

Remember, you can vote once every six hours, from now until March 6th

http://www.soompi.com/2016/02/25/vote-for-your-favorite-couple-in-soompis-2016-shippers-contest/12/

• Like 2

Annyeong Healerites! It's been a while, how are you guys doing??? So i am re-watching this drama for god-only-knows-how-many-times but i swear the feels remain the same as if it is my first run of the show....this drama is too powerful that it became my go-to whenever depressing situations occur to me like recently i was very devastated with CITT's ending, thanks to Healer-ya for always being there....btw, i missed you all especially our naughty convos....:D armpit fetish here, reporting :D

• Like 7

• 2 weeks later...

JCW is such a flirty guy :lol:, probably with all the female co-stars he acts with, haha...LOL

Check out  Korean TV Drama Guide Vol.062 Japanese Magazine (cred:  @Butterfly_Empress Weibo update ) Source: https://www.facebook.com/Ji-Chang-Wook-%EC%A7%80%EC%B0%BD%EC%9A%B1-1442969325995235/

12806001_1561090104183156_21389364032889

Spoiler

1936349_1561090117516488_191899613856542

12799444_1561090137516486_53852005473631

12799033_1561090154183151_52785763041665

12801659_1561090174183149_43861281637759

12802964_1561090187516481_32904220740374

12790899_1561090204183146_66572885388113

12799084_1561090220849811_62117278134562

12814617_1561090237516476_56882827114592

It's funny to know that writer Song Ji Na thinks Park Bong Soo's expression is similar to JCW's real self when she first met him. 

• Like 5

10 hours ago, nploan said:

It's funny to know that writer Song Ji Na thinks Park Bong Soo's expression is similar to JCW's real self when she first met him. 

I remember that JCW himself has said in an interview that he is more similar in real life to bong soo than healer... and bong soo is more warm and comfortable to be with... 

• Like 3

• 4 weeks later...
10 hours ago, larienssi said:

Even if I am enjoying a couple of dramas right now, I desperately want a Song Ji Na drama this year. Healer has not been replaced in my book. 

Same here... I just can't continue watching other dramas right now... Can't help comparing them to Healer vibe...:phew::wub:

Even that much talked about drama on going right now, with High Ratings...which is overrated for me...

Song Ji Na is a genius;)... She only has passion for sensible great quality dramas, using actors/actresses (not just eye candies) that could give justices on the characters she created:wub:... I know Lee Min Ho is the only failure, cause there was no choice that time:vicx:....  She's not the type, who's only after the profit ( a little), but just bringing only the BEST... Ratings depends only on the viewers... So, whoever likes her works has high quality standards too....:D:P

• Like 5

• 2 weeks later...
On April 8, 2016 at 0:00 AM, larienssi said:

Even if I am enjoying a couple of dramas right now, I desperately want a Song Ji Na drama this year. Healer has not been replaced in my book. 

Q: Do you have any thoughts on working on Healer 2?
A: Not even in my dreams at this time. My energy is totally depleted. Even playing video games is hard for me right now. (sobs)

http://morumoruisland.blogspot.com/2015/02/writer-song-ji-nas-q-about-episode-20.html

I hope it's not a NO.....:P... 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/4/2016 at 6:00 AM, larienssi said:

Same here... I cannot find anything comparable.

An in-depth analysis of Song Ji Na's dramas and novels from a socio-political point of view:  https://serenamariabarbacetto.wordpress.com/2016/05/06/weed-and-feed-how-we-give-up-our-freedom-without-noticing-or-caring/

• Like 8

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Ah, finally found this amazing drama thread...:wub:

Please allow me to post my bursting-feeling for this show here:):)

Couldn’t agree more to this Healer drama review (Chi Khanh Dang from Finland).

Spoiler

A special and rare drama I haven't seen in a while

9/10
Author: Chi Khanh Dang from Finland
6 May 2015

I decided to watch Healer because of my friend. She was absolutely crazy about it at the time it aired, and it was hard not to be interested while listening to her talking about it.

I suppose I should mention that I wasn't quite sure about the main leads at first. I watched Park Min Young in two dramas before (City Hunter and Sungkyunkwan Scandal), and although I didn't dislike her, I wouldn't plan to go out of my way to watch her. My first encounter with Ji Chang Wook was when he guested in Running Man, during which although he was handsome, he hardly appeared as attractive.

Good for me, I tried to keep being open-minded. Apart from letting myself be affected by my friend's suggestion, I also watched a cut from an episode to see the chemistry between the two main leads. It didn't completely convince me, but enough to sense a certain level of their chemistry together - which I actually liked.

So at a certain point, I kind of felt it was time and gave it a go. I kept my pace of one episode a day at first, not quite know what to expect. The first struck of emotion for me was in episode 6, then it bloomed in episode 8, and from then on it was pretty much
an one-way street, I couldn't go back anymore. Some days I watched two, or even three episodes at a time. My friend said, "Well, that sounds about right".

The thing I liked the most about Healer, surprisingly or not at all, was the chemistry between Seo Jung Hoo/Park Bong Soo (Ji Chang Wook) and Chae Young Shin (Park Min Young) in the drama. They gave me lots of feels. I forgot them in real life and immersed myself completely into that fantasy world. It was rare since I hadn't been able to totally get into the mood of any Korean dramas as of late, let alone feel the romance and believe it was real. This pair broke the stuffy and frustrating air I was feeling for the past 3 years about Korean dramas in general. It was lovely, adorable, light, trusting. When you see those two, you simply genuinely want them to be together, not because they went through a lot and they needed to be together just for the sake of it, but because they deserve each other. Whenever I saw them, it made me all light up inside. Fluttering. Happy.

Apart from the OTP (one true pairing), it appeared to me that everyone who took part in the project was putting their all in it, and they worked so amazing in harmony together that it also reflected on screen. Both Ji Chang Wook and Park Min Young were passionate about their parts, they gave lots of suggestions and really tried to understand their characters. For Ji Chang Wook's character - Seo Jung Hoo/Park Bong Soo, I think we're bound to love him. It was a guy who was strong and intelligent and
brave, and at the same time had this dorky and awkward side to social interactions (especially to Young Shin's father) that was super duper cute. For Park Min Young's character - Chae Young Shin, she did this type of character before but for the first time ever, something was different. She had a certain depth and comfort that made it easy and pleasant to watch. It felt like something just clicked. I get annoyed easily with unnecessarily silly and naive characters, but this time I actually liked Chae Young Shin a lot, simply because it wasn't that type. It was true she needed to be protected, yet to me it seemed that you didn't need to be strong all the time. If something was out of your reach and ability, it would be better to leave it to people who could handle it instead of fighting blindly no matter what. What would be wrong with receiving help when needed? Young Shin was brave whenever the situation called for. It led me to believe that the script was written logically after much thought. I'm pretty sure many people will have withdrawal symptoms after watching Healer, so I would recommend you to find what the writer Song Ji Na as well as the assistant writers had to say about it, plus listen to dramabeans podcast about Healer too. Also for the first time since forever, Healer managed to get my brain working on the insights it provided. What a feast.

Now when I listen to Healer main theme song, it makes me want to go run through the rooftops. And when the first line in Eternal Love by Michael Learns to Rock turns up, I can't help but agree, yes, "It's a beautiful feeling"...

What makes my point different, I watch this drama because my addiction to watch dramas in Viki. It’s true that she said about “this pair broke the stuffy and frustrating air I was feeling for the past 3 years about Korean dramas in general.” I do watch KMHM (Kill Me, Heal Me) before Healer and its broke that stuffy feeling about K-dramas (well my last drama that I really enjoy before KMHM is I Can Hear Your Voice, its so long ago), but Healer make my feelings and emotions totally immersed to that storyline-super-fantasy-world-oh-why-you-do-this-to-me. After 1+ year from watching, its still give me the Healer-fever. Totally fresh air.

Spoiler

healed.gif?w=660

Beautiful fresh air; Wook!

Not signed in

Then I want to talk about Healer OST. All the K-dramas that I have finished, songs like Arco – Alien, As One – White Love Story (Coffee Prince, so many of Coffee Prince songs in my playlist), Lee Sun Hee – Fox Rain (My Girlfriend is A Gumiho), Jang Jae In – Auditory Hallucination (Kill Me, Heal Me) simply can bring me to all those character feelings again. Different from Coffee Prince (that they have OST with jazz, indie or alternative style), Healer, with romantic-full of simplicity-classic style is my best finding so far in its category. Take example, like Love and Pain (instrumental song, yes) brings strong feeling about Ji Ahn/Chae Yeong Shin feeling for Healer, Healer for her, family chaos of both. Yeal Meyer – When You Hold Me Tight that left memories about how cute this lead couple, happiness, then Healer’s theme that perfectly match the whole spirit of the drama, so amazing, then again there are Ben – You, Just – Because of You (I usually not love ballad songs), Seo Jeong Hoo’s Love Theme song, it’s all bring me to the excitement of Healer’s characters feeling.

Tbh, when I heard Michael Learns to Rock – Eternal Love in this drama I just spontaneously say ‘ew. So cheesy’ and then after finished 20 episodes, like that review said “it makes me want to go run through the rooftops” and start to sing ‘It’s a beautiful feeling~’ (karaoke mode) lol. Moreover, I make Healer Theme Song, Highlight (Track 1) as my alarm ringtone and its still the best alarm song that I ever had-yo, you must know. So crazy me, but it’s song-mood fit perfectly to start the day with spirit! Ultra catchy (for me).

After all, The mighty Healer character that played by Ji Chang Wook just simply takes my heart away with him, not because its focus on Ji Chang Wook with his handsomeness and hottiness, but how the drama crews capture Seo Jeong Hoo/Park Bong Soo in this drama, those are truly beautiful feeling. Amazing unbearable chemistry and great love-lines-story like no other, Healing Couple that feels like home..  And a caring-hacker Jo Min Ja (Ahjumma), his master, Ji Ahn/Chae Yeong Shin and her family, all are memorable and loveable. My praise not only for the lead Chang-Wook, its all for the team that make this Healer so beautiful. Thank you for your hardwork and see you again, guys, please, I’m looking forward.

ezgif-com-resize-1.gif?w=326&h=183&crop=ezgif-com-resize-2.gif?w=326&h=183&crop=

I miss this couple too!

ezgif-com-resize-3.gif?w=660

Thankfully, Healer still a human who wants to eat pizza. Cause...

ezgif-com-resize-4.gif?w=660

Too much sugar drives me lol!

and watchin' this show just make me wanna...

Spoiler

so me

Hahahahahaha this is so me, dear my habit *cri*

Not signed in

P. S. One more… I want all the outerwears that Chae Yeong Shin has, totally my taste, please again.

• Like 6

• 3 weeks later...

Top 10 favorite drama OTPs (One True Pairings)

5. Healer (2014-15)

topten_healer1c.jpggirlfriday: The Superman-Lois Lane-Clark Kent love triangle is iconic for good reason—when you put a superhero and his own secret identity in direct competition for the woman he loves, you’re guaranteed high-stakes angst and mistaken identity shenanigans when she longs for one and confides in the other. Healer distilled the best of that setup into its romance, between our intrepid reporter Young-shin, the mysterious night errand boy Healer who always came to her rescue, and his daytime persona as her bumbling hoobae reporter Bong-sookie.

With Healer, she got high drama and heart-stopping romance, with death-defying action, blindfolded rooftop kisses, and hands held in the dark, his face always tantalizingly out of reach. With Bong-sookie, she got a best friend, a trusted confidante, and someone she thought of as a sister (much to poor Bong-sookie’s chagrin). The thrill was in seeing the conflict in our hero when he yearned to get close to her, but always fell short in either persona, and the angst was played deliciously every time she’d confess her feelings for one to the other, and he’d feel rejected and delighted all at once. Never has self-jealousy been so entertaining. And the best part was that she was the strong one who held our hero together and brought him out into the light, and she loved him most of all when he was completely himself—neither hero nor ‘fraidy cat, but just a lonely boy withdrawn from the world. Healer may have saved her more often, but she saved him immeasurably more.

http://www.dramabeans.com/2017/01/top-10-favorite-drama-otps-one-true-pairings/

• Like 6