[Drama 2014/2015] Healer 힐러

kanzcech

On 1/2/2017 at 6:36 AM, CatchMine_ID said:

Ah, finally found this amazing drama thread...:wub:

Please allow me to post my bursting-feeling for this show here:):)

Couldn’t agree more to this Healer drama review (Chi Khanh Dang from Finland).

Reveal hidden contents

A special and rare drama I haven't seen in a while

9/10
Author: Chi Khanh Dang from Finland
6 May 2015

I decided to watch Healer because of my friend. She was absolutely crazy about it at the time it aired, and it was hard not to be interested while listening to her talking about it.

I suppose I should mention that I wasn't quite sure about the main leads at first. I watched Park Min Young in two dramas before (City Hunter and Sungkyunkwan Scandal), and although I didn't dislike her, I wouldn't plan to go out of my way to watch her. My first encounter with Ji Chang Wook was when he guested in Running Man, during which although he was handsome, he hardly appeared as attractive.

Good for me, I tried to keep being open-minded. Apart from letting myself be affected by my friend's suggestion, I also watched a cut from an episode to see the chemistry between the two main leads. It didn't completely convince me, but enough to sense a certain level of their chemistry together - which I actually liked.

So at a certain point, I kind of felt it was time and gave it a go. I kept my pace of one episode a day at first, not quite know what to expect. The first struck of emotion for me was in episode 6, then it bloomed in episode 8, and from then on it was pretty much
an one-way street, I couldn't go back anymore. Some days I watched two, or even three episodes at a time. My friend said, "Well, that sounds about right".

The thing I liked the most about Healer, surprisingly or not at all, was the chemistry between Seo Jung Hoo/Park Bong Soo (Ji Chang Wook) and Chae Young Shin (Park Min Young) in the drama. They gave me lots of feels. I forgot them in real life and immersed myself completely into that fantasy world. It was rare since I hadn't been able to totally get into the mood of any Korean dramas as of late, let alone feel the romance and believe it was real. This pair broke the stuffy and frustrating air I was feeling for the past 3 years about Korean dramas in general. It was lovely, adorable, light, trusting. When you see those two, you simply genuinely want them to be together, not because they went through a lot and they needed to be together just for the sake of it, but because they deserve each other. Whenever I saw them, it made me all light up inside. Fluttering. Happy.

Apart from the OTP (one true pairing), it appeared to me that everyone who took part in the project was putting their all in it, and they worked so amazing in harmony together that it also reflected on screen. Both Ji Chang Wook and Park Min Young were passionate about their parts, they gave lots of suggestions and really tried to understand their characters. For Ji Chang Wook's character - Seo Jung Hoo/Park Bong Soo, I think we're bound to love him. It was a guy who was strong and intelligent and
brave, and at the same time had this dorky and awkward side to social interactions (especially to Young Shin's father) that was super duper cute. For Park Min Young's character - Chae Young Shin, she did this type of character before but for the first time ever, something was different. She had a certain depth and comfort that made it easy and pleasant to watch. It felt like something just clicked. I get annoyed easily with unnecessarily silly and naive characters, but this time I actually liked Chae Young Shin a lot, simply because it wasn't that type. It was true she needed to be protected, yet to me it seemed that you didn't need to be strong all the time. If something was out of your reach and ability, it would be better to leave it to people who could handle it instead of fighting blindly no matter what. What would be wrong with receiving help when needed? Young Shin was brave whenever the situation called for. It led me to believe that the script was written logically after much thought. I'm pretty sure many people will have withdrawal symptoms after watching Healer, so I would recommend you to find what the writer Song Ji Na as well as the assistant writers had to say about it, plus listen to dramabeans podcast about Healer too. Also for the first time since forever, Healer managed to get my brain working on the insights it provided. What a feast.

Now when I listen to Healer main theme song, it makes me want to go run through the rooftops. And when the first line in Eternal Love by Michael Learns to Rock turns up, I can't help but agree, yes, "It's a beautiful feeling"...

What makes my point different, I watch this drama because my addiction to watch dramas in Viki. It’s true that she said about “this pair broke the stuffy and frustrating air I was feeling for the past 3 years about Korean dramas in general.” I do watch KMHM (Kill Me, Heal Me) before Healer and its broke that stuffy feeling about K-dramas (well my last drama that I really enjoy before KMHM is I Can Hear Your Voice, its so long ago), but Healer make my feelings and emotions totally immersed to that storyline-super-fantasy-world-oh-why-you-do-this-to-me. After 1+ year from watching, its still give me the Healer-fever. Totally fresh air.

Reveal hidden contents

healed.gif?w=660

Beautiful fresh air; Wook!

Not signed in

Then I want to talk about Healer OST. All the K-dramas that I have finished, songs like Arco – Alien, As One – White Love Story (Coffee Prince, so many of Coffee Prince songs in my playlist), Lee Sun Hee – Fox Rain (My Girlfriend is A Gumiho), Jang Jae In – Auditory Hallucination (Kill Me, Heal Me) simply can bring me to all those character feelings again. Different from Coffee Prince (that they have OST with jazz, indie or alternative style), Healer, with romantic-full of simplicity-classic style is my best finding so far in its category. Take example, like Love and Pain (instrumental song, yes) brings strong feeling about Ji Ahn/Chae Yeong Shin feeling for Healer, Healer for her, family chaos of both. Yeal Meyer – When You Hold Me Tight that left memories about how cute this lead couple, happiness, then Healer’s theme that perfectly match the whole spirit of the drama, so amazing, then again there are Ben – You, Just – Because of You (I usually not love ballad songs), Seo Jeong Hoo’s Love Theme song, it’s all bring me to the excitement of Healer’s characters feeling.

Tbh, when I heard Michael Learns to Rock – Eternal Love in this drama I just spontaneously say ‘ew. So cheesy’ and then after finished 20 episodes, like that review said “it makes me want to go run through the rooftops” and start to sing ‘It’s a beautiful feeling~’ (karaoke mode) lol. Moreover, I make Healer Theme Song, Highlight (Track 1) as my alarm ringtone and its still the best alarm song that I ever had-yo, you must know. So crazy me, but it’s song-mood fit perfectly to start the day with spirit! Ultra catchy (for me).

After all, The mighty Healer character that played by Ji Chang Wook just simply takes my heart away with him, not because its focus on Ji Chang Wook with his handsomeness and hottiness, but how the drama crews capture Seo Jeong Hoo/Park Bong Soo in this drama, those are truly beautiful feeling. Amazing unbearable chemistry and great love-lines-story like no other, Healing Couple that feels like home..  And a caring-hacker Jo Min Ja (Ahjumma), his master, Ji Ahn/Chae Yeong Shin and her family, all are memorable and loveable. My praise not only for the lead Chang-Wook, its all for the team that make this Healer so beautiful. Thank you for your hardwork and see you again, guys, please, I’m looking forward.

I miss this couple too!

Thankfully, Healer still a human who wants to eat pizza. Cause...

Too much sugar drives me lol!

and watchin' this show just make me wanna...

Hide contents

Hahahahahaha this is so me, dear my habit *cri*

Not signed in

P. S. One more… I want all the outerwears that Chae Yeong Shin has, totally my taste, please again.

I dont like cold weather, I now go to cold places because of CYS outfits in healer!!.. (such a bad influence to me, hahaha)..

Edited by MadraRua
Please do not quote images
  • Like 3

On 1/29/2017 at 11:37 PM, hrh77 said:

I dont like cold weather, I now go to cold places because of CYS outfits in healer!!.. (such a bad influence to me, hahaha)..

and pity on me I'm on tropical country so.... :sweatingbullets::lol: I feel like I want to collect them and definitely wear it if I go to four seasons country. The styler in this drama is so damn fine in taste! Love it.

• Like 3

Final Review: Healer

I started watching 'Healer' because two friends of mine recommended it to me, well, they didn't just recommended it. They both said it was their favourite drama of all time and with that in mind, I already had quite some set opinion. Recommendations are in general very tricky, because you already have that mindset of "it must be good, it can't be bad because otherwise they wouldn't call it their favourite drama of all time". And well here we are, I finished it yesterday and felt I have to write a review.

To be honest, I don't really have much negative to say about this drama, it is indeed very close to perfection and I can understand why it is a possibility to call it as favourite drama of all time. But from my personal perspective, there are some minor issues that are enough to deny it's position as my favourite drama. But let's start first with the things I really liked.

The humor is outstanding, it never has one big laugher or drifts into something absurd. Instead it finds such a perfect note of looseness and badassness, that it fits perfectly. They never reached a point where it was too much or felt unnecessary. It's just good. This is something that not very dramas achieve. 

Ji Chang-Wook is simply amazing here, he is the main reason why 'Healer' is so interesting, charming and one of the greatest drama maybe of all time. He could carry this whole drama on its own. He is THAT good. He doesn't have to fortunately, but if he would be the only one who could act it still would be an amazing drama. And since I'm a guy, I don't care for his looks, it doesn't interest me at all if he's good looking. He just plays every role so perfectly on point. he can switch between ass-kicking badass and shy office boy in a second and you don't notice any difference. He just plays his roles so perfectly well. Speaking of great people. Let's get to the girl I fell in love with.

This drama has a girl of utterly beauty, an angel that made my heart flutter like no other girl in a drama since Kyung Soo-Jin. I just couldn't stop speaking about her, it just ridicilous how good she's looking. I think everybody knows about which person I'm talking about. Myung-Hee potrayed by Do Ji-Won. I may repeat myself, but it is ridicilous. At the time the drama was recorded, she was 48! 48! I don't know what you have to do look like this with this age, I just knows it must be something that's not from this world. I clearly vote for pact with the devil. I'm 29 myself and I would date her any day of the week. She steals every actress there the show, there a bunch of mid/late 20s in there and no one comes even close to her. Her elegance offers unequaled opportunities. Right now, she's 50. If I ever end up with a girl that's more than 20y older than me, it's her. Because of her I had to rename my 'hot-noona-list' (Okay the only name on it was KSJ anyway.) Her story is interesting, too. I have to say towards the end I was more interested in her storyline than the main storyline. This turns out to be an issue, but more of that later.

While I'm already here, I will talk about the female lead, Chae Young-Shin, I have to say that she fits the role, but for me, she's only a part-time beauty. She has some beautiful moments, most of the time when she smiles or does any facial impression, but when she just speaks or is kinda looks normally and doesn't do something fancy, I must say that she loses that beauty instantly. And the short hair don't do her a favor either. But despite being superficial, I like character, she hates violence and is just a happy girl that has a good heart. And this makes her very special. But she doesn't shine in her role, that's the downside of Ji Chang-Wook playing his role(s) so dominant. You could replace Chae Yong-Shin with any actress (okay, non-idol actress <_<) and it work fine, too. I don't want to say she's bad, absolutely not. She's very important and she does her role pretty well.

The most important thing for me in a drama is its pacing, a bad pacing can ruin a good drama for me. I have to say that 'Healer's pacing is good, very good. But, I have to split it in two aspects. The first aspect is the story and how it's developing. Here shines Healer, it doesn't do the mistake what many dramas do these days. They want to tell too much in only 16-20 episodes. They create multiple 'end-fights' or scenes of major priority throughout the season and the whole dramas suffers from it. Healer tells his story in an reasonable pace without wanting too much. That's what Healer does good.

And here begins the part where I have to begin with minor things that weren't great. It is nagging on a high note, but it's the reason why Healer doesn't throne on my list. The second aspect of pacing is character development. And I'm talking particular about the OTP. They just waited too long for YS to find out about Healer's true identity. She finds out in ep13 and decides for herself to keep it for herself. An episode later JH realises that she knows and everything begins. We are in episode 14. That means you have 6 episodes left though we have to cut ep20, because you can't do character development in the dramas final episode. 

So we have 6 episodes left where they can interact together as Healer+Young Shin instead of Bong-Soo+Young Shin.THis means they are a couple for only six episodes. And here lies the only pacing mistake.

The fact that they only have such a limited amount of very short time doesn't do them a favor. Because as soon as they became a couple, they never had a episode left where they just we're a couple for one episode. There was no time for an episode where they constantly work together as a couple, no, in every episode there was at least one scene where one of them struggles with the other and they didn't had the chance to settle down a bit. To be just a team. To be just a loving couple fighting the world. That's sad. They waited too long to reveal his true identity. Sure they loved each other way before it, but what's worth a love where both sides doesn't know anything? There was simply no time.

You can see how they did it better with Moon-Ho. He knows Healers true identity way way earlier. I think in ep11 he figures it out. And that one is perfect, as soon as he knows who Jung-Hoo is, their whole relation changes. From this point on onwards, they begin to trust each other and became real friends. You see them evolving, because they have enough time to take an episode for that matter. If they had YS find out about it one episode after Moon-Ho, it wouldn't drastically changed the course of the drama, but they had the chance to develop in the same matter.

And this fact awakens the sad thing that the shows feels kind of incomplete towards the end. Why incomplete?

The few time that they had forced them to cut some things. The end was overall very good, it was intense and well executed. It's a reasonable end where everything makes sense. They let his false identity die, including his accusations and open up the space for Jung-Hoo. That's smart.

But there are some things that aren't satisfying enough, I really don't like the explanation for my hot ahjumma. "I think she already knows" is just not enough. That just a way to say "We didn't have enough time left to do it properly, so we decided to say that she may already know". I know she could die from it, but it seems that she handles it very good to this point.

What happens with Moon-Sik? He drinks a lot and gets a little insane, sooo that's it? No information about his future as potential mayor or anything? As one of the main-antagonists I would like to see a little more? Okay after the accusation of the Elder I think everything goes down, but if you cut the head of a company, there is always somebody who takes over and starts something new.

Moon-Ho says that after he paid the debt to Hottie-Myung-Hee there is room for Min-Jae, but everything we see is a cup of coffee-to-go and something that could be hug if it's fully grown. But this isn't how you close a plotline. I have many examples left. 

What I've been trying to say is that there a lot of strings that weren't finished properly. That makes me sad and end up being the reason why I can't put this one in front of my list.

But anyway, overall speaking this is just an amazing drama with lot of action, intensity and beauty where everything is well-written and executed. I agree that it's amazing and should be watched by everyone who watches kdrama. So, in the end this drama gets 9 out of 10 from me. I have to thank the persons that recommended it to me, it will be always a drama that I could rewatch again.

Thanks for reading

• 3 weeks later...

Hello there Healer fans! :)

Currently watching this drama and loving every single minute of it. :heart:

I'm having second thoughts about commenting now or saving it for later after I finished watching it but after reading the comment above about our heroine (CYS) made me decide to do this now. If it's just to say that I don't exactly agree with his comments about her. I love her character and I love what I'm seeing on my screen.

It's a shame that I'm only watching this now when others are already re-watching it. But then, as they say, it's better late than never. :wink:

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/4/2017 at 11:33 AM, dhakra said:

Final Review: Healer

I started watching 'Healer' because two friends of mine recommended it to me, well, they didn't just recommended it. They both said it was their favourite drama of all time and with that in mind, I already had quite some set opinion. Recommendations are in general very tricky, because you already have that mindset of "it must be good, it can't be bad because otherwise they wouldn't call it their favourite drama of all time". And well here we are, I finished it yesterday and felt I have to write a review.

To be honest, I don't really have much negative to say about this drama, it is indeed very close to perfection and I can understand why it is a possibility to call it as favourite drama of all time. But from my personal perspective, there are some minor issues that are enough to deny it's position as my favourite drama. But let's start first with the things I really liked.

The humor is outstanding, it never has one big laugher or drifts into something absurd. Instead it finds such a perfect note of looseness and badassness, that it fits perfectly. They never reached a point where it was too much or felt unnecessary. It's just good. This is something that not very dramas achieve. 

Ji Chang-Wook is simply amazing here, he is the main reason why 'Healer' is so interesting, charming and one of the greatest drama maybe of all time. He could carry this whole drama on its own. He is THAT good. He doesn't have to fortunately, but if he would be the only one who could act it still would be an amazing drama. And since I'm a guy, I don't care for his looks, it doesn't interest me at all if he's good looking. He just plays every role so perfectly on point. he can switch between richard simmons-kicking badass and shy office boy in a second and you don't notice any difference. He just plays his roles so perfectly well. Speaking of great people. Let's get to the girl I fell in love with.

This drama has a girl of utterly beauty, an angel that made my heart flutter like no other girl in a drama since Kyung Soo-Jin. I just couldn't stop speaking about her, it just ridicilous how good she's looking. I think everybody knows about which person I'm talking about. Myung-Hee potrayed by Do Ji-Won. I may repeat myself, but it is ridicilous. At the time the drama was recorded, she was 48! 48! I don't know what you have to do look like this with this age, I just knows it must be something that's not from this world. I clearly vote for pact with the devil. I'm 29 myself and I would date her any day of the week. She steals every actress there the show, there a bunch of mid/late 20s in there and no one comes even close to her. Her elegance offers unequaled opportunities. Right now, she's 50. If I ever end up with a girl that's more than 20y older than me, it's her. Because of her I had to rename my 'hot-noona-list' (Okay the only name on it was KSJ anyway.) Her story is interesting, too. I have to say towards the end I was more interested in her storyline than the main storyline. This turns out to be an issue, but more of that later.

While I'm already here, I will talk about the female lead, Chae Young-Shin, I have to say that she fits the role, but for me, she's only a part-time beauty. She has some beautiful moments, most of the time when she smiles or does any facial impression, but when she just speaks or is kinda looks normally and doesn't do something fancy, I must say that she loses that beauty instantly. And the short hair don't do her a favor either. But despite being superficial, I like character, she hates violence and is just a happy girl that has a good heart. And this makes her very special. But she doesn't shine in her role, that's the downside of Ji Chang-Wook playing his role(s) so dominant. You could replace Chae Yong-Shin with any actress (okay, non-idol actress <_<) and it work fine, too. I don't want to say she's bad, absolutely not. She's very important and she does her role pretty well.

The most important thing for me in a drama is its pacing, a bad pacing can ruin a good drama for me. I have to say that 'Healer's pacing is good, very good. But, I have to split it in two aspects. The first aspect is the story and how it's developing. Here shines Healer, it doesn't do the mistake what many dramas do these days. They want to tell too much in only 16-20 episodes. They create multiple 'end-fights' or scenes of major priority throughout the season and the whole dramas suffers from it. Healer tells his story in an reasonable pace without wanting too much. That's what Healer does good.

And here begins the part where I have to begin with minor things that weren't great. It is nagging on a high note, but it's the reason why Healer doesn't throne on my list. The second aspect of pacing is character development. And I'm talking particular about the OTP. They just waited too long for YS to find out about Healer's true identity. She finds out in ep13 and decides for herself to keep it for herself. An episode later JH realises that she knows and everything begins. We are in episode 14. That means you have 6 episodes left though we have to cut ep20, because you can't do character development in the dramas final episode. 

So we have 6 episodes left where they can interact together as Healer+Young Shin instead of Bong-Soo+Young Shin.THis means they are a couple for only six episodes. And here lies the only pacing mistake.

The fact that they only have such a limited amount of very short time doesn't do them a favor. Because as soon as they became a couple, they never had a episode left where they just we're a couple for one episode. There was no time for an episode where they constantly work together as a couple, no, in every episode there was at least one scene where one of them struggles with the other and they didn't had the chance to settle down a bit. To be just a team. To be just a loving couple fighting the world. That's sad. They waited too long to reveal his true identity. Sure they loved each other way before it, but what's worth a love where both sides doesn't know anything? There was simply no time.

You can see how they did it better with Moon-Ho. He knows Healers true identity way way earlier. I think in ep11 he figures it out. And that one is perfect, as soon as he knows who Jung-Hoo is, their whole relation changes. From this point on onwards, they begin to trust each other and became real friends. You see them evolving, because they have enough time to take an episode for that matter. If they had YS find out about it one episode after Moon-Ho, it wouldn't drastically changed the course of the drama, but they had the chance to develop in the same matter.

And this fact awakens the sad thing that the shows feels kind of incomplete towards the end. Why incomplete?

The few time that they had forced them to cut some things. The end was overall very good, it was intense and well executed. It's a reasonable end where everything makes sense. They let his false identity die, including his accusations and open up the space for Jung-Hoo. That's smart.

But there are some things that aren't satisfying enough, I really don't like the explanation for my hot ahjumma. "I think she already knows" is just not enough. That just a way to say "We didn't have enough time left to do it properly, so we decided to say that she may already know". I know she could die from it, but it seems that she handles it very good to this point.

What happens with Moon-Sik? He drinks a lot and gets a little insane, sooo that's it? No information about his future as potential mayor or anything? As one of the main-antagonists I would like to see a little more? Okay after the accusation of the Elder I think everything goes down, but if you cut the head of a company, there is always somebody who takes over and starts something new.

Moon-Ho says that after he paid the debt to Hottie-Myung-Hee there is room for Min-Jae, but everything we see is a cup of coffee-to-go and something that could be hug if it's fully grown. But this isn't how you close a plotline. I have many examples left. 

What I've been trying to say is that there a lot of strings that weren't finished properly. That makes me sad and end up being the reason why I can't put this one in front of my list.

But anyway, overall speaking this is just an amazing drama with lot of action, intensity and beauty where everything is well-written and executed. I agree that it's amazing and should be watched by everyone who watches kdrama. So, in the end this drama gets 9 out of 10 from me. I have to thank the persons that recommended it to me, it will be always a drama that I could rewatch again.

Thanks for reading

Hi there @dhakra!

I agree with your comments about Park Min Young. At first, I really don't like her acting, for me, it's sometimes over-acting. I also wish some other actresses replace her role. But after I watched "Sungkyungkwan Scandal" (PMY's k-drama in 2010), I found her acting cute and funny. Her character suits her well in that drama. And I started to look at her differently until I became her fan. I get to know more about her image and personality. So, when I watch Healer again, I see her as Park Min Young not Cha Young Shin.

P.S. You have to watch Healer's BTS. Even boys like you will believe they have relationship off cam.:D:D :D :blush::heart:

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

I finally bought the director's cut of this drama. I  am excited.  Really one of my top favorites. 

UPDATE ON THIS... I thought I would be getting it, but the website told me it was out of print... and nobody had it.  I knew it was difficult, but if you go to their website, it'll say 'rare'... and they jacked the price up a ton... so maybe it means that they do have it.... but I wasn't willing to pay that much for a DVD... even one as beloved as Healer... and yes, it is one of my favourites!!!  I am major sad. :'(  

Edited by darcydevenus
didn't want to write a new section.
  • Like 2

• 4 weeks later...
On 6/22/2017 at 11:11 PM, maryofbethany said:

just felt like dropping by here... its felt home today. waves hi to healerites.

just one news about Song Ji nah joining the team of writernims at The King Loves. :
http://www.dramabeans.com/2017/06/main-writer-behind-the-king-loves-revealed-to-be-song-ji-nah/

This is still so mysterious to me... It was first issued that it was  healer's asst writer behind this and not Song Ji na herself.... I guess, there was something wrong with the script, that't why this drama keeps on delaying that it's supposed to be shown early of 2017....Then Song Ji na took over, and perhaps use her name only??..

Song Ji na usually picks her own actors/actress for the role, not just only of popularity (except Faith- this drama has lots of jinx and LMH ended up the 3rd choice).... 

• Like 2

On 18/07/2017 at 9:31 PM, hrh77 said:

This is still so mysterious to me... It was first issued that it was  healer's asst writer behind this and not Song Ji na herself.... I guess, there was something wrong with the script, that't why this drama keeps on delaying that it's supposed to be shown early of 2017....Then Song Ji na took over, and perhaps use her name only??..

Song Ji na usually picks her own actors/actress for the role, not just only of popularity (except Faith- this drama has lots of jinx and LMH ended up the 3rd choice).... 

@hrh77
(changed my attitudes towards the drama TKL. so comments deleted.)

• 7 months later...

http://www.dramabeans.com/2018/02/one-true-pairings-do-i-really-have-an-otp/

One True Pairings] Do I really have an OTP?

by Guest Beanie

healer9-00378.jpg

QUOTED FROM TEXT>

By @Jellybn

One True Pairing: This phrase was one that I did not actively use until I started watching K-dramas. I had heard of it, I had seen it floating around on the internet, but I had never used it to describe a couple I was reading about or seeing on TV. I was never invested enough in a couple to use it.

Even now it’s sometimes hard to use. I use it as a placeholder to mean the main couple of a drama, but to use OTP as the true couple in your book is hard. Sometimes it gets a difficult to understand why a couple in a drama like each other. If the guy is a jerk, why is the girl attracted to him? Yeah, we get to see his softer side later, but why does she stick long enough to see it? If the girl is purely Candy, why does a guy who seemingly has everything pursue her? We know she is more than meets the eye, but what about her makes him stick with her? Sometimes I just don’t get it, but I still root for them because that’s what romantics do. You wish the best for the main couple and get extremely happy alongside them during their fluttering moments together.

I don’t really think there is just one couple I feel strongly about. The true OTPs in my book are the ones I always think about as a pair when I think about their drama and not as individual characters. Couples that fit well in each other’s lives and make each other better. Those that made me root for them from beginning to end and whose actions I mostly agreed with. Couples that made my heart flutter by being together and not separate. A pair that made a drama that much better because of them.

The Healer couple first comes to mind. The thing that I loved about Seo Jung-hoo and Chae Young-shin was how they trusted each other. Trust was an underlying theme in Healer, and Young-shin openly talked about trusting at least one person. When I look back on Healer I think about a great show with great writing and direction, but I also think about a great couple that made me flail around.

cr. dramabean

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Season 2? Is it possible? ...

Looking at this thread, it seemed impossible now to get over 1,000 pages, let alone 1334 pages on a drama discussion forum. Those were the days when we were younger and had more time on drama... hahhaa

Just wanna drop by this thread and say hi - all due to the new drama hit, Why Secretary Kim  :D

• Like 2

• 7 months later...

I need to check if my computer's BR player still is on Asian region. I'm so used to Chinese Drama DVDs who are codefree. Otherwise I will plug in my BR player when hubby leaves the TV screen for me.

Next two nights are for The Legends but from Thursday I'm free for 2 episodes each day B).

@stroppyseAsk me again tomorrow. I plan to watch the first episodes of two dramas. ( "Possessed" & "Big Issue"), if I like one of them, I probably just sneak in and read, but if I don't like them, I'm happy to join.

Healer was really a good drama, I would be happy to give it the honor of rewatch.

23 hours ago, stroppyse said:

Cool. So, I'll watch the first 2 episodes on Thursday, and then we can talk about whatever catches our fancy from those first two episodes. Happy to have someone to spazz with.

@youngatheart, I know you're a Healer fan. Do you have time to do this rewatch with us?

Can I chime in, too?  Healer is my all-time favorite KDrama.  And I'd love to do a re-watch.  :)

• Like 2

1 hour ago, stroppyse said:

.....So, the only thing is that we're doing 2 episodes a day, and no binging all of the episodes at once.....

:lol:  Yeah, that's gonna be the difficult part!  I will do my best to limit myself.  ;)

• Like 1