[Drama 2014/2015] What's With This Family? 가족끼리 왜 이래

Bayu Pratama

adikkeluangman said: Videos Highlight for EP3
GJ saw SW almost throw up and he get mad at DB. Now everyone in the family furious.
GJ got silence by a kiss from his intern.
Yoon Bak is channeling his inner Joo Sang Wook from drama Good Doctor in this scene.
TaeJoo got mental breakdown and question the relationship between his dad and Gang Sim.

TaeJoo drop the bomb, and asked his father to give or transfer Gangsim to him
Double surprise kiss between TaeJoo-GangSim and Dalbong-Seowool
Never a dull moment with Cha family.

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@adikkeluangman,  Thanks for gif's

Just looking at those clips had me cracking up.. Love how secty Cha is the go between of father and Son he just takes everything the wrong way.. Well I guess dad isn't useless after all wanting to get remarried.. I bet he tells him he waited for him to bring a women in the home and he never did so he went out and got his on women.. 

@seoyounglby,  That last video had me going to.. This drama is a pleasures and I haven't even seen today's ep yet..  

Today ep was jinjja debaek!!!DB and SW so cute!!!he already have a feeling for her,so cute the way he dream about her and smile.I really LOVE that couple...I think I'm going to get jealous for DB,in SW and EH scans.I think I really going to pity DB...
the Noona in Cha family is so funny,the way she act in the office and the way she is in home are so different,it so hilarious.I couldn't stop my laugh in her drunk scan!but still so cute...the double kiss scan was really funny but so cool,the woman in that drama are really daring,so cool!I think that HJ(Son DB),going to be the shy one in the drama...and SW be the light of the family!Didn't get who the mine actor yet is it HS or HJ???(it's some how look like HS!and NJH!)and another thing I didn't get,is SW sick or something?what with the medicines in the first ep,wile her GF read her letter...or the GF is the sick one???can't wait for tomorrow episode!!!

Guest adikkeluangman

More video highlights for EP3
GS lead TJ to a sudden kisshttp://youtu.be/-ktYkJUg3ME

"Will you? Marry me" surprise first kiss on DB by SW. http://youtu.be/c1_kq2LcPe4
Poor dad
DB-SW living 'Pink Romance' notice or whatever it is. Dad give permission to SW to live at their attichttp://youtu.be/JPpL4ADIMDI

SW feeling not well and throwing up. Cha family suspect DM made her pregnant.http://youtu.be/snjR7z5IRmQ

Date

Episode

Title

TNmS (%)

AGB Nielsen (%)

Nationwide

Seoul

Nationwide

Seoul

2014-08-16

What's with this family

19.2 (2nd)

18 (2nd)

20 (2nd)

20.5(2nd) 

2014-08-17

What's with this family

23.7 (2nd)

24.4(2nd)

23.3 (2nd)

24 (2nd)

2014-08-23

What's with this family

21.8  (2nd)

22 (2nd)

20.3 (2nd)

20.2 (2nd)

LOL at the noona/director tandem. Don't get me started on the younsters. Their bickering cracks me up. What crawled up the hyung's butt and died in there? He comes off as such an ahole. I thought it was because he needed to get laid, but that's clearly not the issue. Isn't that girl who looks like she has a thing for him in the preview supposed to be his future wife? That intern is going to be run over and she doesn't even know it yet :))

I know better to start a long show again since some of KBS shows start good then goes all dramatic out of nowhere. Let's keep it a la Glorious Day, please!

Guest nancykimlee

This drama makes me want to learn how to make GIFs because screencaps doesn't quite do it justice but for now, it will do. :) 

Ha! Best wake up call everrrrr.I love these two so so much, gah. :xa7ca000c-08ca-45dd-a06a-b3cc8c40389d_zps

Forget the kdramaland kisses where the women stand there stiffly or waiting for the guy!Say hello to our awesome Kang Shim + Seo Wool, where they not only squeeze the heck out of our guys, they pretty much slobber all over them too, ha!a3ab94fd-7702-4d14-bba0-e06f9357a720_zps

Tae Joo + Kang ShimI like how the misunderstanding, Kang Shim is Chairman Moon's lover, has created an opportunity for Kang Shim to work with and for Tae Joo. I expect plenty of banter between the two and how their personalities and work ethics differ, but I can also see how they'll complement each other too. Kang Shim has been around long enough to understand the ins and outs of the company, namely the relationships and how Chairman Moon operates, and will likely be a bridge between father and son at home and at work. Tae Joo lacks in the relational department and continues to offend others, but I look forward to Kang Shim breaking down his walls and see that he's not so bad after all. And in the same vein, Tae Joo will too recognize the many qualities in Kang Shim despite his current unfavorable impressions. Gomoh was telling Cha Daddy earlier that it's a bit difficult to marry Kang Shim off but luckily, Tae Joo is up to the challenge with his unrelenting personality. From this Dramabeans article, she suffered a bad breakup 13 years ago, so I can see how this set up will allow her to get to know Tae Joo and for them to gradually fall for one another as they work together. And let's face it, Kim Sang Kyung and Kim Hyun Joo have great comedic timing and chemistry so let's milk this dynamic for as long as we can, hehe. 
Dal Bong + Seo Wool These two are going to be the end of me. They are so so cute and affable together, I can't even. Every time she gets her face closer to his or touches him, I grin from ear to grin. *Snaps out of the daze..*Even though Seo Wool is the country bumpkin and the girl, she continues to take initiative and Dal Bong is the shy one in the relationship. And the best part is she knows it and continues to tease him. It's so fun! Undoubtedly, Seo Wool is already helping Cha Daddy whip Dal Bong into shape not only with her actions, but also her presence; it brings out the better sides of him where he becomes protective and thoughtful (subway incident, pulling her away from Gomoh's interrogation) and also one who accepts challenges even if it's just finding the person she really saved. Nevertheless, it gives him drive and motivation beyond his slumber. And once he meets Eun Ho, boy will need to step up his game! I bet you enjoyed his intro today @marie67. ;)
Random tidbitsI kind of like that Kang Jae is a misunderstood a-hole right now. On top of his pompous attitude, he's also a bit of a hypocrite. He gives Dal Bong a hard time for not taking responsibility but he's the one carrying out a relationship with someone even though he doesn't want marriage. To his defense, he did let the doc know beforehand but c'mon, three years and she ain't getting any younger dude. I suppose that the ball is in her court to walk away but it's going to hurt when he gets entangled with Hyo Jin. My best guess about his indifference and poor attitude is attributed to mom's death and/or something related to Dal Bong. 
Kang Shim gave us a bit of insight as to why she, and probably Kang Jae, are the way they are. There's resentment towards Cha Daddy's kindness in putting others before his kids. Even if he has their best interest in mind, there's a disconnect there so I'm looking forward to more backstory and from the different perspectives. We can easily see that his kids take him for granted but he's taking it in strides, so I wonder what the tipping point will be for him to sue them. 
And I'm really happy to see that more people are watching and enjoying this drama too! :-hEdit_Here's a Soompi article from the KBS Entertainment Weekly interview with Hyungsik + Nam Ji Hyun that @mindy_eel posted. It'll probably be subbed later but if not, I'll translate/do a summary.

Guest adikkeluangman

ZE:A’s Park Hyung Sik Expresses Jealousy Over Photos of Seo Kang Joon and Nam Ji Hyun
BvxeHtOIMAAubRT.png

On the August 23 broadcast of KBS 2TV’s “Entertainment Weekly,” ZE:A member Park Hyung Sik and actress Nam Ji Hyun—who are currently starring in the drama “What’s with This Family” together—took part in an interview for the entertainment news program. Cameras followed them to the set of their new CF (commercial film) shoot, where the two co-stars showed off perfect teamwork.
During the interview, the reporter asked Park Hyung Sik if he has seen photos of Nam Ji Hyun and Seo Kang Joon together (you can see them here). In response to this question, the ZE:A member stated, “I actually took pictures [with Nam Ji Hyun] first. We posed closely for pictures in front of the police station, so…” causing laughter as he jokingly tried to seem overconfident to hide his jealousy of Seo Kang Joon.
park-hyung-sik-nam-ji-hyun.jpg

Also, Hyung Sik shared that he views Nam Ji Hyun as his acting senior and calls her “senior,” despite being older than her in age. Nam Ji Hyun expressed, “Oppa [Hyung Sik] keeps doing that. I tell him not to because there are many other actors who are more of a senior, but he doesn’t get it.”
http://www.soompi.com/2014/08/23/zeas-park-hyung-sik-expresses-jealousy-over-photos-of-seo-kang-joon-and-nam-ji-hyun/

@nancykimlee I wish I knew how to make gifs as well, there would be so many great ones from this drama.  I loved today's episode, especially how it ended....my kids were looking at me like I was crazy because I was screeching at the monitor!!!!  :))  Cannot wait for tomorrow's episode and more of the fun interaction between Tae Joo and Kang Shim, right now they are my favorite characters because of the love/hate relationship they are beginning.  Even though it was short, I was happy to see Kang Joon's first appearance today, he makes a good chaebol. 
Could it be possible he and Dal Bong are or were friends and they were the ones at the creek when the incident occurred 12 years ago and it was actually Kang Joon's character that fell in but he gave Dal Bong's name instead afterward??  Just a guess at a scenario that could happen. Waiting for that love triangle to get in full force too, gonna be fun!!

p.s. As always your posts are well written and insightful....I had missed them :x

I really love the women in this drama. It is such a refreshing change to see the women taking control in the relationship.

Kim Sang Kyung and Kim Hyun Joo have great comedic timing. It is so funny to see Tae Joo using all sort of stupid reasons to get rid of the secretaries so that he could have Kang Shim as his secretary. My guess is Tae Joo will be the one to fall in love first.

I love Dalbong and Seo Wool. Dalbong is so shy when with Seo Wool. I love seeing Seo Wool constantly teasing him. Hyungsik’s puppy eyes make me want to pet him too. 

I find it sad that Kang Shim thinks of her aunt as an outsider. 

I saw Daddy Cha looking very uncomfortable. Maybe he is sick. Is that the reason why he wants to sue his children? If Daddy Cha gets sick in the future, I will be very sad. I love this character so much. 

Well I think I understands why dad wants to quit.. Papa Cha may realize they way he raised his kids are effecting others life in the wrong way.. The older one sleeps with a girl for three years but yet don't want to take responsibility for her.. The others Son let's face it he so lacking and the daughter she's married to her work and the Chairman have allowed her to hon the reins of the company and gave her the power authority and she carries the same attitude at as well as home.. None or looking out for themselves beyond this point.. I have to agree they lifestyle is tiring..  Can't blame Papa Cha  three kids a nagging sister and her SIL I don't know how he has put up with them this long..

Guest adikkeluangman

Videos highlight for EP4
Daddy Cha in panic mode after spotted GS-TJ kissinghttp://youtu.be/Dn2VWwR6fJI

GS, "sometimes I don't really notice when I'm drunk" (?)http://youtu.be/P5q9lmD6SOs

DB watching SW lips 'excited' and his heart beat faster?http://youtu.be/Rc2QQVqsHPM

Another GS-TJ bickering session this time in officehttp://youtu.be/pkD5l92xjTI

The crisis hit Seowool and appeared like a prince EunHo to save her.http://youtu.be/WRlQaiiA0Dk

:-h Hello everybody! Three days ago I was checking the new K-dramas and I found a lot of interesting dramas; including "What's With This family". I watched the first two episodes and I love it! Now, I caught it. I began to watch the drama because I really like the work of Kim Hyun Joo. I have seen many of her dramas and I think that she's very good. Also Kim Sang Kyung because I had seen working him before and I liked. They caught me with their characters of Kang Shim and Tae Joo. 8-> The drama couples has or not the chemistry, and these two have a lot! ^:)^ I really like this couple... so I join the club. I'm a shipper of Kang Shim and Tae Joo couple. :\"> The Dal Bong and Seo Wool couple also seems interesting and the love triangle much more. Now the DB is going to have to start taking things seriously because of her. She will be his motivation. =D>  I don't know why but for me the other couple -the brother doctor- don't have much chemistry between them. But we'll see how things develop between them. I have seen a lot of Yoo Dong Geun dramas and movies and I liked his character. The other characters, too. In general, I like the storyline and the characters so I'm on board. So, I'll be around for the next months. I'll see you!  :D

andreasofia16 said: :-h Hello everybody! Three days ago I was checking the new K-dramas and I found a lot of interesting dramas; including "What's With This family". I watched the first two episodes and I love it! Now, I caught it. I began to watch the drama because I really like the work of Kim Hyun Joo. I have seen many of her dramas and I think that she's very good. Also Kim Sang Kyung because I had seen working him before and I liked. They caught me with their characters of Kang Shim and Tae Joo. 8-> The drama couples has or not the chemistry, and these two have a lot! ^:)^ I really like this couple... so I join the club. I'm a shipper of Kang Shim and Tae Joo couple. :\"> The Dal Bong and Seo Wool couple also seems interesting and the love triangle much more. Now the DB is going to have to start taking things seriously because of her. She will be his motivation. =D>  I don't know why but for me the other couple -the brother doctor- don't have much chemistry between them. But we'll see how things develop between them. I have seen a lot of Yoo Dong Geun dramas and movies and I liked his character. The other characters, too. In general, I like the storyline and the characters so I'm on board. So, I'll be around for the next months. I'll see you!  :D

Archived