[Drama 2014/2015] What's With This Family? 가족끼리 왜 이래

Bayu Pratama

conankung said: I also love the first two episodes. If I have to choose one thing to complain, I'd say I want more of KS and TJ. Kim Hyun Joo and Kim Sang Kyung have great chemistry together right off the bat. They are so much fun to watch. The same goes for everyone else, too. The veterans are doing great as expected, and the youngsters, Hyung Shik and Ji Hyun, are giving their best.

@nancykimlee has raised an interesting point about DB. I don't know if it'll end up being a birth secret, but I do think he has some kind of issue within the family, judging from the way his noona and hyung are so disapproving of him. I don't think it's simply because he seems like a loser to them. I don't know...we'll see...

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@valsava
Yes SW did save the 'rich'guy aka Kang Kyung Joon who is yet to be introduced to us in ep 3 ;). Cant wait for him to turn up. So actually DB fell for SW when he saw her saving his friend ( I assume they are friends?), and especially when she smiled like that he was in awe.

marie67 said: @valsava
Yes SW did save the 'rich'guy aka Kang Kyung Joon who is yet to be introduced to us in ep 3 ;). Cant wait for him to turn up. So actually DB fell for SW when he saw her saving his friend ( I assume they are friends?), and especially when she smiled like that he was in awe.

Guest adikkeluangman

ZE:A’s Kwanghee Makes Cameo Appearance as Medicine Dealer on “What’s With This Family”
BvQCPaYCEAECEZW.png

Kwanghee of male group ZE:A surprised the viewers of KBS 2TV’s “What’s With This Family” by making an unexpected cameo appearance on the drama’s latest episode that aired on August 17.
In the episode, Dal Bong (ZE:A’s Hyungsik) took the subway to Seoul Station with Seo Wool (Nam Ji Hyun). Seeing an inconsiderate man spread his legs across Seo Wool’s seat, Dal Bong made her switch seats with him, revealing his warm feelings towards the young woman.
Soon after, Kwanghee entered the subway car as a medicine dealer, wearing a clean suit and carrying a massive bag. To cure modern-day office workers’ concerns regarding tiredness and poor physical strength, the salesman took out bottles filled with medicine and begun handing them out to the citizens, trying to catch the passengers’ attention with his energetic voice. 
Looking particularly annoyed, Dal Bong stopped Kwanghee for a moment and reached for his bag. Turned out that both men are the victims of the same multilevel marketing company, and Dal Bong took out a bottle of the same medicine while smiling sarcastically.
Kwanghee said to Dal Bong, “Look, this area has been mine for a month. Go somewhere else,” and grabbed a few bottles of the medicine from his newly discovered competitor’s bag before moving on to the next car.
Take a look at the hilarious scene here!
kwanghee1.jpg

http://www.soompi.com/2014/08/17/zeas-kwanghee-makes-cameo-appearance-as-medicine-dealer-on-whats-with-this-family/

Guest nancykimlee

Episode 2 solidifies my love and enjoyment for this drama mostly because there's no overly annoying or dramatic characters in the main cast that makes me want to pull my hair out (ie. crazy mom, bratty kid, evil mother-in-law, etc). On top of that, I really love the women and love that they're a handful for the men. :)
Can we have a moment to appreciate the fact that Kang Shim is highly professional and holds her own ground especially against Tae Joo? She's not only good at what she does, but she's also a confidante and daughter-like friend to Chairman Moon who understands and care for him with sincerity. It makes the circumstances more interesting because she essentially prioritizes work over family where we've gotten more scenes of her with Chairman Moon than with Cha Daddy. The set up allows for all sorts of misunderstandings, like Tae Joo questioning her motives to be his dad's lover, LOL, but also serves as a mirror that reflects her negligence to her own dad too, like when she said to herself that she's in not position to criticize Tae Joo. I also hope to see more between Kang Shim and Tae Joo because I'm pretty much like Chairman Moon relishing in the their strong bickering chemistry, and also the fact that as difficult as Tae Joo is, he's finally found his match, hehe. 
As for Seo Wool, she's no ordinary country bumpkin. She may be naive to believe and pursue a childhood promise, but she's strong and unyielding when it came to Dal Bong's pickpocket misunderstanding, and also firm in settling the pyramid scheme debt. She's not needy or clingy, and in fact kind of smart and resourceful to kill two birds with one stone: settle his debt and also prolong her stay in Seoul with him, ha. She's buying time and in the process, she'll get to know him better, and not just the idea of him (and that mistaken childhood past). Despite the misunderstandings, Seo Wool has also experienced the better sides of Dal Bong - him carrying her bag in the subway and sitting between her and rude leg dude - which makes this dynamic even more fun because she's able to see beyond the rough edges. I think that he'll be moved by her sincerity and warmth, and the fact that she'll make a man out of him by whipping him into shape because she's unafraid to be vocal, like when she stopped him from making a violent scene or else he'll end up at the police station where Cha Daddy will be begging on his behalf again. I can also see her offering him strength, support and belief, something that I find lacking in himself and some of his family members since he's "failed" on so many occasions. And with the appearance of Eun Ho, he'll definitely need to up his game if he wants to be with Seo Wool. And I'm with you @mikmik, Hyung Sik and Nam Ji Hyun are absolutely adorable together! I grin from ear to ear whenever they're onscreen and yeah, I love them too. :x 
And Gomoh rules for loving on Cha Daddy and keeping the kids in check with her matter of fact personality and nagging! I just feel bad for Cha Daddy to play the middlemen and maintain peace. We haven't seen much of Kang Jae, and we'll probably be introduced to Hyo Jin (Son Dam Bi) in next week's episodes. From the previews, theirs is a different dynamic and one that I welcome amid the banters. I can't wait for more backstory and insight into these characters, namely Kang Jae and his cold, indifferent demeanor. I wonder if he's naturally like that or if something triggered it, ie. mom's death. 
@conankung @mindy_eelGreat posts! I'm going to entertain the possibility of a Dal Bong birth secret a little bit more because in episode 2, Dal Bong argued with Kang Jae and in the heat of anger, he asked Cha Daddy if he's someone that he picked up from the streets. It may be nothing but in addition to the different names, and also what @mindy_eel said about their differing personalities, it may be a possibility. Honestly, it'd be more awesome if this drama is poking fun at the makjang that happens in weekend dramas by throwing out these cliches, and in the end Dal Bong is indeed a biological Cha. 
@marie67 @valsavaSeo Kang Joon plays Yoon Eun Ho, the younger boy that Seo Wool saved. From what I read before, Eun Ho and Dal Bong were besties but are now rivals so I wonder what caused a rift in their friendship. I like the mistaken first love device because it allows Seo Wool and Dal Bong an opportunity to get to know each other and fall in love despite the misunderstanding from the past. It'll also come back to bite Eun Ho later because he'll begin to fall in love with her but it was him who inadvertently pushed these two together when he lied about his identity back then. I've never seen Seo Kang Joon in anything but have read favorable reviews on him, and he's also easy on the eyes too, hehe. 

@nancykimlee,  Love your post  (laughing while reading) Something I don't get why Aunt call the other guy Sil and the others call him Bil just who is he married to do Aunt have a daughter or maybe Db is Aunt kid.. Who knows maybe older brother resents Db for mom having him she could have died due to birth complication.. As of now I don't think Dg is of another bloodline..  Loving the fact Sw will whoop into shape..   

Seo Kang Jun Carries Nam Ji Hyun in His Arms

2014.08.20 11:35 Newsen Hwang Hye Jin Translation Credit : Yeawon Jung

Seo Kang Jun and Nam Ji Hyun have been caught sharing intimate moments during filming.

On August 20, KBS 2TV’s What’s With This Family? released a set of photos of Seo Kang Jun (Yoon Eun Ho) lifting up Nam Ji Hyun (Kang Seoul) in his arms.

In the photo, Seo Kang Jun is holding Nam Ji Hyun in his arms in the middle of a crowded shopping mall. Feeling playful, Seo Kang Jun gasps for air as he carries her, leading Nam Ji Hyun to step down to the ground and express her embarrassment to him.

Seo Kang Jun Carries Nam Ji Hyun in His Arms

As Nam Ji Hyun has Seo Kang Jun’s jacket around her shoulders, it shows that Yoon Eun Ho will be saving Kang Seoul from danger in the upcoming episode.

Photo credit: Samhwa Networks

http://mwave.interest.me/enewsworld/en/article/73875/seokangjun-and-namjihyun-enjoy-filmling-whats-with-this-family

Guest ororomunroe

Can anyone translate the family tree posted a few pages back? And the initial reports made it seem like the older son was already married but I didn't get the feeling he was in the first two eps. Anyone see a wedding ring?

Interview ( Entertainment hot click, Chinese sub)Start from 36 mins 
Kim sang kyung said he had not seen Kim hyun joo in ages. He thinks she is very pretty now. The director and Kim Yong Geon said Kim hyun joo has always been beautiful. Kim hyun joo said Kim Sang kyung looked old when he was young, but he did not age much so he actually looks young now. The cast mentioned that Kim Yong Geon treated the whole production crew Ginseng chicken soup.  The interviewer mentioned that there are a lot of young actors/actresses in this drama and asked them to name the first actor/actress that popped into their minds. Kim Sang kyung mentioned Park Hyungsik. Kim Yong Geon said Hyungsik is really not bad. Then the interviewer asked Kim Yong Geon about ZE:A and how many members were there in the group. Kim Yong Geon was clueless but he said he knows SNSD has 9 members. Kim Sang kyung said because he appeared mainly in movies, his mother’s friends thought he was fooling around/not working. Hence, his mother would really like him to appear in a weekend drama.

When I saw Kang Jun holding Ji Hyun in his arms, my first thought was: "Nam Ji Hyun, WHAT ARE YOU DOING?!" lol
So Seo Wool is looking out for the one who promised to marry her this weekend with Dal Bong taking care of her out of debt. This is going to be interesting.

Guest qrissa

Hi ~ I just watched the two first episodes and it was really funny actually sometimes a little weird but I am really impresssed by the acting of HyungSik :o !!! WOW !!!! He's one of the rare idol I know who actually deserve to have the lead role in a drama !!!AND LET'S JUST SAY THAT THE DAD IS GOLD !!!! He's such a caring father to his children !!!tumblr_nam6wu4Ccx1rii18ho1_500.png
And that scene was .... AMAZING !!! Like seriously his face xD

KBS weekly entertainment What is with the family, interview of Kim Hyun Joo- Kim Sang Kyung and Kim Yong Yeonhttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R8mJw510Egs

@conankung

It is so amazing how awesome, cool, and precise KS at the office. But at home interestingly quite the opposite. Her room is out of sorts and a little shabby compared to that of her brothers lol.

At that scene when she got drunk, she totally lost it, hahaha and

in that still she's binging into junk foods and in not so flattering clothes.

Not much news. High Cut MagazineJust pasting some pictures that i like. Cute couple. :x 2 more days. Excited to see SKJ in episode 3 too. 
By the way, Kang Joon just nominated Hyungsik for the Ice Bucket Challenge. The cast are getting along very well. Out of topic, but those who are interested to know more about ALS can watch 僕のいた時間. 
CR: blossom timetumblr_nant5kGXF11rraxuco1_1280.jpg
tumblr_nanswj40ic1rraxuco1_1280.jpgtumblr_nant29yaGM1rraxuco1_1280.jpgtumblr_nant82Vbb61rraxuco1_1280.jpgtumblr_nantapAImw1rraxuco1_1280.jpg

Oh my, what happens to Kang Shim, she looks like a jobless ajumma. cant believe that she is that perfect career woman at work.
It would be interesting when Moon Tae Joo falls for this woman. Cant wait for this weekend eps.

I don't think my heart is ready for Saturday after checking out the pictures of High Cut Magazine from Blossom Time. I gotta agree they make a good couple and I'm so so red jealous!!!
Edit: Nam Ji Hyun is wrapping her legs around Hyungsik! What sorcery is this?! X( *Panic Mode*
I wonder what excuse Dal Bong will pull to his family after Seo Wool got caught eating in the house by Kang Sim.Poor Daddy Bong Soon didn't celebrate his birthday party comfortably :( !

Archived