[Drama 2014/2015] What's With This Family? 가족끼리 왜 이래

Bayu Pratama

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Watched the first episode. Very funny. :)) Although at times i think some of sound effect are not really necessary and the house looked way too fake. But i do like the introduction of the characters. Love all the Cha Family. Really pity the Dad. Yoo Dong Geun did a great job.  Ratings wise, I think that this drama did pretty well. Congratulations! Come! Jang-bo-ri already beat Very good times during the last episode. It is not easy to take over this slot when the other show has already secured lots of tv supporters and is gaining momentum. Just hope to see this drama getting more love.  

DateEpisodeSubtitlesTNmS (%)AGB Nielsen (%)
NationwideSeoulNationwideSeoul
2014-08-1601What's with this family19.2 (2nd)18 (2nd)20 (2nd)20.5. (2nd)
CR: weibo

Looking forward to this drama, thank you for having this thread for it.  I hope this does not have draggy spots like some family dramas tend to, that's the only down-fall about committing to a 50-episode drama.  Thank goodness Viki has gotten the license and it's subbing fairly well for a first episode, already at 67%....hope to watch the subbed first ep. by tonight and would love to hear others thoughts on it. :D

Thanks @Mindy_eel for highlighting the rating - I think this drama has the potential to surpass the rating of "Wonderful Days".  I hope it will achieve the same success of "Wang's Family".  The time slot of "WWTF" @ 19.55 KST has no direct competitor (drama) whereas...

MBC and SBS are directly competing each other on these dramas :

MBC, Come! Jang Bo-ri @ 20.40 KST
SBS, Glorious Days @ 20.50 KST. 

Another set of dramas come in a bit later :

MBC, Mama @ 21.55 KST
SBS, Endless Love @ 21.55 KST.

Note : KBS previous drama, Jeong Do-jeon @ 21.40 KST had achieved huge success (they came in 1st) in the rating war in this time slot.  Right now, KBS is taking a break (no drama to replace JDJ but from what I know, they are scheduling another awesome historical piece for this time slot.)

Some interesting cap-scenes of Episode 1....

20140817000199_0.jpg

‘가족끼리왜이래’ 김상경, 나쁜 노총각 변신…색다른 카리스마

Source via Naver

Felicia Soh said: Thanks @Mindy_eel for highlighting the rating - I think this drama has the potential to surpass the rating of "Wonderful Days".  I hope it will achieve the same success of "Wang's Family".  The time slot of "WWTF" @ 19.55 KST has no direct competitor (drama) whereas...

MBC and SBS are directly competing each other on these dramas :

MBC, Come! Jang Bo-ri @ 20.40 KST
SBS, Glorious Days @ 20.50 KST. 

Another set of dramas come in a bit later :

MBC, Mama @ 21.55 KST
SBS, Endless Love @ 21.55 KST.

Note : KBS previous drama, Jeong Do-jeon @ 21.40 KST had achieved huge success (they came in 1st) in the rating war in this time slot.  Right now, KBS is taking a break (no drama to replace JDJ but from what I know, they are scheduling another awesome historical piece for this time slot.)

Some interesting cap-scenes of Episode 1....

Guest chenderella

Thanks for the good news on subbing @irilight! I'll never understand why Wangs Family did so well because everyone in that drama except 5 people were annoying, kids included. This seems to be more on the comedy side so let's hope it stays fun and less makjang. Can't wait to watch with subs later!

Guest hunterdd

Mindy_eel said: Interesting. So is that the reason why KBS always dominate weekend slot due to no direct competitors. However, I do hope this drama will gain momentum like Wang's Family that also started around 19% but eventually hit very close to 50%.  

Guest adikkeluangman

More highlight videos EP1
Dalbong feel 'devastated' on first day at MLM company http://youtu.be/lGAsJC4UvzQ
Seowool-Dalbong showed extraordinary Chemistry  'underground struggle' extraordinaryhttp://youtu.be/71wjyyqN6dU
Dad feel dissapointed at his kids on his birthdayhttp://youtu.be/Fo8yDX7ckew
Seowool get charmed and want to marry Dalbonghttp://youtu.be/NvFc8e0w1_E
Seowool story had been wrote so many times in kdrama. The naive country girl go to big city to look out for her first love. Well, at least this time she is not pregnant unlike others.

Guest hunterdd

The first episode was pretty good. Seems like a family drama leaning more on the comedy side. I liked that it was straight into the adult actors and didn't have 6 episodes of backstory with child actors.
Interesting that they focused on the youngest couple. So it looks like the children and their matches, not sure with the older son who didn't have much screen-time, will deliver. It is too early to tell, but the gut feeling is it will be a pretty good family-style drama.

Guest nancykimlee

Gah, I love Cha Daddy! He's full of warm and fuzzies and his unconditional love for his kids knows no bounds. For a pilot episode, I found myself emotionally invested in this drama and the kids simply because of him (okay, and because of Hyung Sik too, ha!). I couldn't help but tear up when he was excited to go out for his birthday with the kids and was picking out his shirt, when he sat in disappointment when no one showed up, at the police station when he begged on Dal Bong's behalf and when he was cooking ramen. Even though this was a pilot episode, I think everyone can relate to a certain extent with the characters - a parent's love and sacrifice, a child consumed by their busy life where they take their parents for granted - and how communication and quality time are important even in family. And off the bat, we're presented with very different parental relationships with the negligent Chas, the estranged Moons and the close-knit Seo Wool and Gramps. I can't wait for more backstory and development because so far, I love em all. 
I kind of like the fact that all the kids have strong, individualistic personalities and no one seems like a pushover or annoyingly bratty like we usually see in weekend dramas. It seems as if Dal Bong has a history of getting into trouble, and per the articles, it seems as if there's a rift between him and former best friend played by Seo Kang Joon, so I wonder what happened and if that has anything to do with it. For the better parts of the episode, we're presented with more comedy but there were some emotional beats besides Cha Daddy that I enjoyed, particularly Dal Bong at the police station in the end when he stopped dad from apologizing on his behalf, and when Tae Joo walked towards his dad's bed at the hospital because it shows that he does care. 
As for the impending romances, I dig it! Both Kang Shim + Tae Joo and Seo Wool + Dal Bong are a delight to watch. The banter and the misunderstandings are always fun (at least for me) so it'll be interesting to see who falls first, hehe. Overall, well-matched pairings that makes me happy and excited. :)
And I noticed that when it comes to names, both the older Chas have Kang but Dal Bong doesn't. Because it's a long weekend family drama, my thoughts naturally point towards birth secret?.. but maybe/hope not? 
So far, so good. Looking forward to all your thoughts and sharing many weekends to come! Great to see you here @peggyM @chenderella! :x And :-h at @irilight @feliciasoh @conankung, hehe. And thanks @mindy_eel for all the updates too! 

nancykimlee said: Gah, I love Cha Daddy! He's full of warm and fuzzies and his unconditional love for his kids knows no bounds. For a pilot episode, I found myself emotionally invested in this drama and the kids simply because of him (okay, and because of Hyung Sik too, ha!). I couldn't help but tear up when he was excited to go out for his birthday with the kids and was picking out his shirt, when he sat in disappointment when no one showed up, at the police station when he begged on Dal Bong's behalf and when he was cooking ramen. Even though this was a pilot episode, I think everyone can relate to a certain extent with the characters - a parent's love and sacrifice, a child consumed by their busy life where they take their parents for granted - and how communication and quality time are important even in family. And off the bat, we're presented with very different parental relationships with the negligent Chas, the estranged Moons and the close-knit Seo Wool and Gramps. I can't wait for more backstory and development because so far, I love em all. 
I kind of like the fact that all the kids have strong, individualistic personalities and no one seems like a pushover or annoyingly bratty like we usually see in weekend dramas. It seems as if Dal Bong has a history of getting into trouble, and per the articles, it seems as if there's a rift between him and former best friend played by Seo Kang Joon, so I wonder what happened and if that has anything to do with it. For the better parts of the episode, we're presented with more comedy but there were some emotional beats besides Cha Daddy that I enjoyed, particularly Dal Bong at the police station in the end when he stopped dad from apologizing on his behalf, and when Tae Joo walked towards his dad's bed at the hospital because it shows that he does care. 
As for the impending romances, I dig it! Both Kang Shim + Tae Joo and Seo Wool + Dal Bong are a delight to watch. The banter and the misunderstandings are always fun (at least for me) so it'll be interesting to see who falls first, hehe. Overall, well-matched pairings that makes me happy and excited. :)
And I noticed that when it comes to names, both the older Chas have Kang but Dal Bong doesn't. Because it's a long weekend family drama, my thoughts naturally point towards birth secret?.. but maybe/hope not? 
So far, so good. Looking forward to all your thoughts and sharing many weekends to come! Great to see you here @peggyM @chenderella! :x And :-h at @irilight @feliciasoh @conankung, hehe. And thanks @mindy_eel for all the updates too! 

Guest adikkeluangman

Videos highlight for EP2
Seo Wool come home to marry Dalbong. Dad-aunty 'freaked outhttp://youtu.be/Y8O-E1vvYVQ
GangSim and Taejoo 'bickering about' lead a dismissal as a matter of.http://youtu.be/wPPAsQ2lOAISo GS is the secretary for TJ or work under his team?
Kwanghee surprise special appearances, such as multi-level distributors?!http://youtu.be/vg9vjLOEVfMHe is so awesome here. So we got 2 ZE:A boys in one scene
TaeJoo doubt among his dad and KangSim relationshiphttp://youtu.be/mccL_f21gto
Kangsim came to getting caught sneaking out Seo Wool eating rice in the kitchenhttp://youtu.be/RauPu-xXQ9ECan I have Cha fridge please.

Guest jennaray

In the drama, Kang Seo Wool (Nam Ji Hyun) is from the country, and travels to Seoul in search for her first love. Yoon Eun Ho (Seo Kang Joon) plays the perfect modern guy from the city. They are opposite in terms of personality and background, but it makes them a better match.

The production company, Samhwa Networks stated, “In every situation, Yoon Eun Ho lived life not caring about anything and enjoyed life, but then he meets, Kang Seo Wool, who is passionate and pure, and whom he begins to fall for. Please look forward to a romance between a man from the city and an innocent woman from the country.”

“What’s With This Family” will premiere following the end of the current drama “Wonderful Days,” on August 16.

jennaray said:

In the drama, Kang Seo Wool (Nam Ji Hyun) is from the country, and travels to Seoul in search for her first love. Yoon Eun Ho (Seo Kang Joon) plays the perfect modern guy from the city. They are opposite in terms of personality and background, but it makes them a better match.

The production company, Samhwa Networks stated, “In every situation, Yoon Eun Ho lived life not caring about anything and enjoyed life, but then he meets, Kang Seo Wool, who is passionate and pure, and whom he begins to fall for. Please look forward to a romance between a man from the city and an innocent woman from the country.”

“What’s With This Family” will premiere following the end of the current drama “Wonderful Days,” on August 16.

Guest chenderella

Hyungsik is the main lead over Seo Kang Joon and since this is about the Chas, it's pretty obvious that Hyungsik and Nam Ji Hyun are the OTP. SKJ will develop feelings for her and be an obstacle but not the end game. There's 50 eps so we'll get her with both guys.

Archived