[Drama 2014] Yoona's Street 유나의 거리 (jTBC)

Bayu Pratama

jayakris said: So, THAT is what a real "wringer" is. I knew that it was something to squeeze water out of clothes when I put in that line in the subs but had never seen a real wringer :)

It's kinda fitting, seeing the latter episodes that I took a glance at.  They probably actually had him go through one :)

• Replies 584
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest pixelsprite

@larus

Most of the songs can be found at Yoo-na's Singing Room.
http://home.jtbc.joins.com/Event/Event.aspx?prog_id=PR10010307&menu_id=PM10024583
(in Korean, may contain spoilers)

The song is Seoul Serenade (서울야곡).

That Seoul Serenade song was sang so beautifully by our actress/singer Oh Na Ra.  Her version is as good as (or better than) any that we can find on the internet, it seems.

The original song is from 1950, it seems.  Here is the original singer (Hyeon In) singing it in 1993.

You just wait to see what happens to that final scene of E12, once we get to E13.  The most refreshing and, shall I say, "relieving" ending we have ever seen for such a romantic scene... :)

That "so what about my age" song is all over the place.  It's the jitterbug dance in YNS, but is also like a theme song for Glorious Day where a grandmother keeps singing it.

Guest chajoowon

Ep 12 was so good that i cant wait to see the change between CM and YN.   It was so refereshing seeing Yu Na let herself be vurneable enough to anyone to say hold me.  Good to see she struggles with her line of work, life that comes with it.
Fav scene except the ending was the bird story by Chang Man and Dae Young the cute, warmest second lead in long time trying so boldly to make moves on CM, creating a movie date for them.
I hope the ep 13 isnt about misunderstanding between YN and CM.   No typical rom com thing in this wonderfulr draama please.

Guest pixelsprite

Great stuff from 11 and 12. We're slowly getting to know more about the characters. DY and CM's movie "date" was awkwardly cute. YN letting her guard down while drunk was nice to see.

Is CM addressing GP as "hyung-nim" instead of merely "hyung" significant in any way or is that just normal custom? They're 30 and 38 respectively if that has any bearing on it.

One thing I didn't quite understand is why HS sent those guys to go after YN. She had already gotten away with the money. What was she hoping to achieve by doing that? Did I miss something?

@pixelsprite: Thank you! Yoo-na's Singing Room is awesome. We have all the songs there. Chang -man will sing again in episode 14! :) Lee Hee Joon has a beautiful voice. Is he a singer too? Oh Na-ra and Hee Joon will have a contest? Who will sing more songs in this show? :D  The actor who plays Mi Sun`s younger boyfriend is a kpop idol or something? He seems to have a trained voice.

pixelsprite said:Is CM addressing GP as "hyung-nim" instead of merely "hyung" significant in any way or is that just normal custom? They're 30 and 38 respectively if that has any bearing on it.

larus said: It is not clear for me either but I will try an explanation. I think that Kkang Sun sent those guys because she thought that Nam Su was the snitch. She wanted to punish him an Yoona`s gang because she was arrested. It was an eye for and eye kind of thing. (It wasn`t just a beating. They destroyed Nam Sun`s hand). If Kkang Sun gave the order to HS`s boyfriend they had to comply because otherwise it would draw attention to them. Besides, Yoona told Hwa Sunk to gave KangSun`s money in her account. She did not want that. She was put in the corner. HS disappeared for a while but she is still young in that branch. She doesn`t have contacts and experience like Yoona.

@jayakris: I`m impressed. That was a good plan and you explained it very well. Now I can explain why Yoona beat Hwa Suk so cruelly. I love when writers pay attention on every detail and no logic holes either. I can`t wait to watch the remaining episodes. I expect many good moments.

^^^  Sure. I wasn't surprised at all when I saw Yu Na go crazy on the girl, because Hwa Suk was really selfish and cruel in her calculations.  Chang Man doesn't get it, why Yu Na was being that angry on seeing Hwa Suk.  I would have blamed the drama, had she not gone bonkers like that.

By the way, right from when Hwa Suk showed up in the drama, we were finding her acting a little over the top.  As we find now, she was acting an act all through!  I would say that it was a pretty nice acting job by the actress.  Had she looked all straight and suddenly turned to be the bad girl, that would have looked odd.  She was acting slightly weird all through, and a couple of times we see Yu Na even looking at her with some doubt (especially when she saw Nam Su in hospital and went "oppa...").  Had they shown Yu Na to never be suspicious of the slightly weird Hwa Suk, I would have blamed the drama.  Again, the drama has done this extremely well.

jayakris said:By the way, right from when Hwa Suk showed up in the drama, we were finding her acting a little over the top.  As we find now, she was acting an act all through!  I would say that it was a pretty nice acting job by the actress.  Had she looked all straight and suddenly turned to be the bad girl, that would have looked odd.  She was acting slightly weird all through, and a couple of times we see Yu Na even looking at her with some doubt (especially when she saw Nam Su in hospital and went "oppa...").  Had they shown Yu Na to never be suspicious of the slightly weird Hwa Suk, I would have blamed the drama.  Again, the drama has done this extremely well.

Guest pixelsprite

Oh wow! I didn't realize her ruse ran so deep. Kkang Sun never explicitly admitted to or denied the attack -- I just assumed it was her all this time! Even as Kkang Sun was being arrested, she gave YN a death glare. I didn't quite understand why she did that at the time, but it all makes sense now.

HS's boyfriend could have saved the extra trip though and simply taken care of YN the first time around :) When they approached the first time and identified themselves as police, I get the sense that YN knew they weren't actually police. She said, "Omo. This ajussi and I need to get acquainted." It doesn't seem like YN would fight actual police. Did I get the right idea, and if so, how do you suppose she figured they weren't police?

I first started suspecting HS when she offered to show YN the account book but YN declined. Trust, but verify!

Regarding the -nim suffix, Gye Pal didn't seem so deserving of it in my view. Especially when everyone other than his sister and CM shows so little respect towards him (for good cause).

pixelsprite said: HS's boyfriend could have saved the extra trip though and simply taken care of YN the first time around When they approached the first time and identified themselves as police, I get the sense that YN knew they weren't actually police. She said, "Omo. This ajussi and I need to get acquainted." It doesn't seem like YN would fight actual police. Did I get the right idea, and if so, how do you suppose she figured they weren't police?

One more thing I noticed.  I have to go back and check, but I think the woman who was in Hwa Suk's apartment when Yu Na and Dae Gil went to look, seemed to be a face I have seen somewhere.  I don't think it was somewhere else in this drama. I think she is a regular actress or a bit-part actress in dramas, which means she may be part of some story line later... Possibly.  I don't know for sure.

The E13 English subs are all done at DSS.  Such a nice episode again. 

We get to see more of YuNa-MiSeon conversations, which are always a riot.  This time, even the Pope gets into the conversation.  But I did feel sad when eonni gave the "declining industry" analysis of the situation to Yu Na.

Our old grandpa now has a romantic interest,  Who woulda thunk?

It seems the dog-man was not actually squeezed through a wringer, but hoops didn't work out for him ;) .. Chang Man's expressions were priceless when he heard "I have to sleep here".

Of course, that tremendous beginning of E13 with the most interesting end to a romantic hug.

The movie that Da Yeong forced Chang Man to see in E12 was "Take this waltz", but now it seems the Korean name of the dubbed version is "Are we also in love", a name that did not particularly help Chang Man.

It takes a while to understand Yu Na's "principles" in pickpocketing.  The "arirang trick" is not fine with her, and she gets all hot under the collar. The only thing I can figure out is that, the one whose money is stolen should be awake and conscious.  It is like, "this is my skill. and it's your fault losing out to my skills inn this game".  May be.  But the drama has brought it to the point of making one feel bad when Yu Na isn't that successful at it, like at one point in this episode.  I couldn't believe myself, sympathizing with her.  Funny, huh?

Guest chajoowon

stuartjmz said: Since this is a low volume thread, I think I can get away with a consecutive post, rather than editing my last one. I just wanted to add two small points. (1) The preview for 14 makes me even more certain that my suspicion about Yoo Na's eonni saw in the locker room was correct (Newman/Redford film) and (2) For some weird reason, I found Yoona quite hot in those glasses!  :\"> :\"> :))

Archived